logo

Care.com
Auto billing
2. (9 mins ago)
SuperiorPowersports.com
Wont stand behind sales or product...
3. (11 mins ago)
United Auto Credit
Privacy issues
4. (15 mins ago)
Reliance Protectron
Worst Security System with awful service.
5. (17 mins ago)
Open Road Acura of East Brunswick
Unethical Salesmanship

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Keranique Complaints & Reviews - anyone had any dealings wiht them?

Keranique Contacts & Informations

Keranique

Posted:    SisterGenny

anyone had any dealings wiht them?

Atlantic Coast Media Group
Has anyone tried this product or had any dealings with their promotional offers. I find no reviews at all anywhere on Google or Yahoo.

Comments United States Health & Beauty
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

6th of Aug, 2010 by   carladesean 0 Votes
I had severe hair loss and to this day am unsure of the reason why. I had long hair down my back, for 8 months my hair wouldn't stop falling out. Out of total frustration, I went to the barber and had them cut it in a bob length. It went from thick to thin and long to short!

This year 2010, my husband ordered a 3 month supply of a Keranique packet for me. I was upset because it cost $160.00

After the 1st month there was a noticeable difference in my hair concerning length, thickness and strength. The shampoo and conditioner used together worked wonders for my hair! In about 2 weeks, I will be just finishing up the product and I will definitely order so more!

Oh, and I did kiss my husband for making such a wise choice. : )

I can email you before and after pictures if interesting in seeing my personal and truly amazing results. carladesean@yahoo.com
 14th of Dec, 2010 by   labega +2 Votes
i am interested in trying the product but i am unsure if it works and what will happen if and when i STOP using the product. can anybody help me?????
 20th of Dec, 2010 by   KDM8300 0 Votes
I started using Keranique about a week ago. I have several strikes against me for hair loss. For me, first, it is hereditary. Second, I have been abusing my hair (coloring, perming, etc.) since I was in my 20's (now 46). Last year, I put extensions in my hair which did a real number on it. They broke my hair off like crazy and also I was using the nuvaring birth control which can also cause hair loss. So, I decided to try Keranique. It's not quite been a week yet and I swear it's grown a little. Not to mention, it seems fuller and I have stopped using all my volumizing products because it's fuller and very shiny. I plan, at this point to keep using it.
 5th of Jan, 2011 by   HD VICKIE +1 Votes
I started using Keranique little over 3 weeks ago. After only a couple of uses I was having problems with wieght gain & swelling. Within 2 1/2 wks. I had Dr. app. for something else & was +20lbs. Dr. said if something doesnt change fast we will run some test. After 3rd week & racking my brains & going crazy cause I felt so uncomfortable cause nothing fit, I realized I read something in the pamphlet when I recieved Keranique. It read: Stop use & ask a Dr. if: chest pain, rapid heartbeat, faintness or dizziness-sudden unexplained weight gain occurs-hands or feet swell-scalp irriration or redness occurs! I had all these to extreme of 20lbs. in 2wks. I have not used since 5 days ago & the swelling is gone, but I'm unsure of the terrible pain I'm having in my liver area. Now I've been trying to reach someone to return product & so far no luck. I can not pay for something that has made me sick, hair or no hair. Can anyone help me? Vickie
 6th of Jan, 2011 by   KDM8300 +1 Votes
To Vickie:
Not sure if this will help you but the reaction you are having is from the minoxidil. The warnings on this product scared me so I used the follicle booster instead. The shampoo, conditioner, and follicle booster should not cause these side effects. I just read reviews on the other product they sell which is Hydroxatone. Those reviews were filled with people saying what a difficult time they were having getting their money back or even getting anyone to answer the phone, so that's a little scary. I do know that if you used a debit card, you can cancel the card, have a new one with different number issued and they can't bill you any further. If you used a credit card, you will have to call your credit card company and have them dispute the charges every time they make a charge. Hope this helps some and good luck.
 10th of Jan, 2011 by   jjbb6505 -1 Votes
I used the conditioner for the first time yesterday. I definitely saw a difference in the natural body of my hair. I've always had naturally curly hair and have styled it straight more often in the last few years. I noticed my hair falling out but, it was mostly through a pretty, short period of time. After that happened, along with coloring my hair, using hot curling and flat irons, I noticed my hair was so limp, straight and stringy like while it's wet. After using just the conditioner on my hair, when I got out of the shower I noticed right away the waves, and curl back in my hair. So, I think it's going to be a good product for me. I do however agree with (KDM300) on the minoxidil scare because I read the box and knew right away, I would not be using it. I'll only use the shampoo, conditioner and maybe the follicle booster. I guess I can finally ask my question now, while at the same time letting you know why I haven't used the shampoo yet. I'm wondering if the product affects hair color at all. There is nothing on the shampoo or conditioner bottles saying that it does or does not. Can anyone tell me if you have experienced problems with it fading your hair color or not. It should give more info about that on the bottles or a website you can ask question on. Thanks and good luck to everyone using this or any product, and fighting the battle of hair loss.
 13th of Jan, 2011 by   v robison 0 Votes
This was my dealings with Keranique, I ordered the products payed for the products never recived the products have tryed many times to reach Keranique and to this day 1/12/11 have not been able to reach a service rep. I have tryed e-mail and phone.
 14th of Jan, 2011 by   Selinda Levi +1 Votes
Wen i called for the risk free trial, they didnt tell me that before 30 days i have to call them and tell them how i liked the product. A month later they charged me $76.00 and made my account overdraft, they also told me the next month after i owe them another $76.00. They didnt even contact me to let me know that the money was taken out of my account. Also they didnt even refund me my money wen I told them my situation. I wasnt pleased at all with the service of this company. They have no sympathy for customers and the product is a rip off. They are just money hungry, the product is not even worth how much they charge you. I will never deal with this company again.
 17th of Jan, 2011 by   Allie Simonds +1 Votes
This company is a fraud for those people that tried and wasn't happy with the results. I too was a victim of this product and they charged my debit card $79.00 after I called twice left messages on their voicemail before the time alloted to cancel the trial offer. I do believe that their answering service is just that a pre- recorded service and no one is on the other side only to withdraw the funds and ship out the products, no customer service personell to assist the dis-satisfied customers. Other than we cancelling our debit cards before that is done I will contact my bank and get them involved to try and dispute with my documentations (e-mails and date and times in which the phone calls were made even through phone records)
 30th of Jan, 2011 by   Santina49 +1 Votes
I used Hydroxatone for skin health, then called to cancel. My skin and pores are pretty good for being 61, but nothing works miracles. Anyhow, when I called, I spoke to a person, and was able to cancel with no hassle.
Minoxidil is for use by men...warnings all over the place say that it's just for men. Maybe that's the weight gain problem for women.
Maybe I'll try the Keronique...I haven't decided yet.
 4th of Feb, 2011 by   vallejo ca -1 Votes
I want to try to product but have been burned in the past. Does the product upset the wear of color treated hair? I could not get an answer from the operator. He was only intersted in me ordering.
 21st of Feb, 2011 by   EmilyOz 0 Votes
I haven't gotten Keranique in the mail yet, but I just ordered my free trial and was charged $99.00 for it. I'd better see some serious results because so far, I am furious about the underhanded 'free trial' scam. Hope it works.
 22nd of Feb, 2011 by   StannOrlene 0 Votes
THere is nothing free about the offer and you do not get to talk to a real person. It is an on going computer driven sales pitch that keeps asking if you want more of some ting else, etc. I hung up in frustration but still received the product. It was leaking and I tried to return it only to have it come back to me in a baggy. Got the second shipment but will be sending it back and will ask to be taken off their program...good bad or indifferent results are not worth the frustrating and poor and customer service pitch.
 27th of Feb, 2011 by   Dee Myers 0 Votes
I recently ordered Keranique. The one question that I have is... "Can I continue to perm my hair while using Keranique?"
 7th of Mar, 2011 by   Luckiest Guy 0 Votes
Why would you order something if you can't reach a LIVE person when you are calling for the FIRST time? Doesn't the bell go off inside saying...something just isn't right here? My wife wanted to get this shtuff cause she thought it'd work. I understand her, and all of you ladies' desperation to get your hair back. But that's what these corporations play on...YOUR DESPERATION. I feel so bad for all you beautiful women who are battling with thinning hair. But I'll tell you this story. My wife LOVES and drinks 3-5 cups of coffee a day. I bet my wife that if she would stop drinking coffee for 3 months, I would take her on a cruise. I hate cruises, she loves them. Has been dying for yrs for me to take her on one. Well that was the bet. Why did I make this bet??? Well, I just had this feeling that all the daily caffeine was adding to the hair loss. Well she took me up on the bet, and sure enough, after about a month I cld tell her hair was getting thicker. I mean it was noticeable. Now, she was still cheating with the coffee here and there, but I didn't hold it against her. She was battling some serious headaches from the caffeine drop in her body, so I didn't care. I just wanted to see if her hair would get thicker. She herself started to notice a diff in her hair in week 3. Now don't get me wrong, her hair doesn't look like it did when she was 18 LOL (she's 37 now) BUT, her hair has definitely gotten thicker and stronger and healthier. So I'd like to know how many of you ladies are coffee drinkers, and if so, if you'd try what I had my wife do? If you do try, let everyone else know if you've noticed a difference. In any case, we're cruising the Carib this coming fall. That was a bet I was happy to lose. = ) Good luck to all of you ladies out there battling this. Remember this though...Beauty is NOT defined by how you look on the outside, but rather by the person you are on the inside. The inner beauty in all of you is well apparant just in your posts. (((((((((((((Hugs to you all)))))))))))
 7th of Mar, 2011 by   duncaroo 0 Votes
I had called the 1-800 number to get the "free trial" for my aunt who is dealing with thinning hair. I was unable to reach a LIVE person and was reluctant to give my credit card information and hung up. This SCREAMS OUT LOUD - SCAM!!! How would you ever cancel your order(s) if you couldn't speak with a live person???
 8th of Mar, 2011 by   duncaroo 0 Votes
Okay, I just visited the webiste for Keranique and actually spoke with a LIVE person...WOW, that was a shocker! I noticed on the radio commercial they stated that Keranique is FDA approved...this is FALSE information - I am unable to find any documentation to support that.

It was very interesting when I spoke with the customer service rep, he told me this story about his "girl friend" who was battling hair loss and after just one month of using the product her hair had returned to "normal" and she has not continued use of the product after that. I asked him if the product was FDA approved and he stated it was NOT. He said that all the ingredients are "natural" so there is no need for an FDA approval. I don't know if I buy any of the CRAP he's dishing out...

Good luck to all you ladies that have or are thinking about dealing with this company...
 8th of Mar, 2011 by   Do not mess w/ me! 0 Votes
Has anyone out there had any problems getting a refund? Or, did the Keranique people bill you for the full price, also?
Instead of the $7.95 as advertised? Here is the address of the owners! Sorry, I wasn't able to get a telephone number.
Isn't this false advertising? I think the Federal Trade Commission 1-877-382-4357 needs to hear from YOU!
Keranique
c/o Atlantic Coast Media Group
50 Harrison St. (Suite 106)
Hoboken, NJ 07030-8842
 22nd of Mar, 2011 by   BettyalwaysReddy +1 Votes
Trying the product Now! I have High hopes aside from all the negative feedback. I just received my free trial($7.95) yesterday and washed, conditioned, & used the treatment last nite. I understand that race & age plays a major part as with almost everything. Each individual is different. I'll update you guys in a matter of days. Oh & due to some feedback I went on and had a new card issued to me so that if I choose to continue I can at my own timing. And if so I'll use a prepaid Visa/Mastercard ;0) So they got their $7.95 and nothing else!!! (Hint to all that tries)
 25th of Mar, 2011 by   mary1957 0 Votes
Any product that sucks you in with an 'auto ship' program should be AVOIDED. Their call centers are in the Phillippines and half of them don't even understand English. That's IF they even answer the phone. Do NOT be sucked in to any 'free trials'. If it was truly free, they would tell you free SAMPLE, not trial, and there would be no further shipments without your permission.

Flu Shots Not in Short Supply