logo

Posted: 2011-02-23 by    Heated in Helena

Dishonesty

Hydroxatone
Alabama
I just received their product yesterday and I am sending back it in the mail. Your great hair regrowth product is nothing more than what is found in Minoxidil (Rogaine) for women and can be purchased over-the-counter, AND is does not cost almost $80.

Also, I am very dissatified to find an additional $3.00 charged to my account when only the $7.95 Shipping & Handling was supposed to charged just to try this "amazing new product". The $3.00 was billed in two seperate charges of $1.50 each for "yourbeautyadvisor". I did not ask for that. What this company did was made the promotional offer, I accepted and gave them my charging information. From there it one promotion after the other that I keep telling them, all I wanted to try was the Keranique. A 2-3 minute phone call ended up being almost a 30 minute phone call. I was very upset. My first gut feeling was not to bother with this, and I now see that I should have gone with my first thought. All this company has done was to reenforce to me that purchasing anything hurried and without research almost ALWAYS spell disaster and discontentment.

This promotional offer is nothing but a front to offer 10 to 15 other offers, that if you are not careful, you will say yes to something unaware. If you are taking part in this offer, please check your account for other sneaky charges (ex. $1.50 charges that added up)

Heated in Helena
Comments United States Health & Beauty
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

27th of May, 2011 by   take responsibility for your actions -1 Votes
wow ...helena you must be pretty dumb. i read your post and wanted to see if the company was as bad as you said. i went through the automated call..which was long but very specific and clearly put. I was informed of everything i was charged as well as any additional offers. once i received my products i called for my return which was handled very well . i then called 5 days later to see if the product was received and it was and my account was closed. so helena if you failed to listen to the entire call because it was long that is your fault..but stop trying to put down a company just because you cant follow instructions of have adult add..grow up and take responsibilty for you actions...they didnt call you ...you called them...
 27th of May, 2011 by   Heated in Helena +1 Votes
Thank you for your Comment to my Comment. That is your right. However, your experience is yours and mine is mine. The point of my complaint was that this company is not honest in there disclosures about this "NEW" product. The only thing new about it is the name Keranique. Minoxidil, which is what they are packaging, has been around for years and it does not cost 79.95. When you read the active and inactive ingrediants on Rogaine and Keranique, they are identical.

Also, to your charge that I did not listen to entire call. I do not know HOW in the world you would think that unless you was on my call yourself, ease dropping and then you hung up before the call was finished. Perhaps you work for this great company...(just a thought). I talked to a live person for over 30 minutes. I said no to ALLLLLL additional promotions. At the end of my long call, I to was informed of my charges which would be 7.95 for shipping and handling. THAT IS ALL. The product cost of 79.95 would be billed to me after the trial period ended if I did not cancel. For your information, since your brought this up, my subscription was cancelled and handled very professionally and in a timely manner. THAT IS NOT MY COMPLAINT. My complaints are about the failure to disclose what this wonder product is really made of and for making the unauthorized $3.00 charge to my bank acount in two separate transactions of $1.50 each one week apart. Unfortunantly for them, I balance my acount to ensure my transactions are correct. You MAY think, what is the big deal about $3.00, but look at it this way; say this company fraudulently charges me $3.00 and theydo the same with 1, 000, 000 other customers who do not report it or demand a refund. That is an extra $9, 000, 000 they would collect without selling a thing or service. Hyperthically speaking. There are thousands of company who have lost Class Action Lawsuits for fraudulently charging customers too much or without their concent.

I want to alert future customers and warn them to keep check of their Charge/checking account for charges they did not authorized.

Again, your experience is yours and mine is mine. However, I do appreciate you directing your comment to me because it assisted me in clarifing so things and to bring out the point of my complaints. I am just an honest consumer who expect and demands an honest product and honest service. Charge me for a service I requested and that is all.

Have a blessed day Take,

V/r
Heated in Helena
 2nd of Jul, 2011 by   Rippedoff by company +1 Votes
This company is nothing but liars. I received the product did not like it, could not tell it did anything for my hair. I called to get returning information I was told I had til the end of June to return product even if product was used. I return the product, knowing they received my returned product and they charge me for the product. That's right I have been charged $59.95 for a product I returned. I am very upset how dishonest can one company be. When I called to get this matter straigthend out the represtative I spoke with was VERY rude. Stay away ripe off.
 5th of Jul, 2011 by   Boanerges +1 Votes
I'm just reading reviews on this product. Seems to me the Keranique company or employee might have replied to this original statement, who else would be so bold as to call someone dumb for posting their experience. Therefore, I will never buy this product. Thank you "Heated in Helena" for posting your complaint. You are one of many I've read today. No way they will get my business. Angela in South Carolina
 3rd of Aug, 2011 by   katiedoc 0 Votes
how long did you use the shampoo and conditioner? im not using the minioxidal just the follicle booster and after just one week i have noticed a change in the look and feel of my hair. my hair is soooo thin and light like feathers and after this product it has gained some weight so i can actually feel my hair on my shoulder and back. it looks soooo shiny and smooth its wonderful!!! its too early to notice any regrowth but this product as def given me a confidence boost. i have tried every single product known to man my shower is overflowing with bottles of half used shampoos and my dresser is covered in thickening sprays and creams its ridiculous. ive spent sooooo much money on maintaining my little head of hair and now im so glad to have found something that actually does wat it said it does. its not a miracle product but i got good results. btw my hairloss was due to genetics and stress... i have very thin temples and a slightly widenening part. got b12 shots which sloweed the telogen effluvium as well.
 11th of Aug, 2011 by   Mammabear 0 Votes
Ok, all i have heard was everyone complaining about the money part of it. Has ANYONE actually used the product and got results from using it???
 11th of Aug, 2011 by   Mammabear 0 Votes
 30th of Aug, 2011 by   ladioffaith +1 Votes
I called this number last night ... as soon as they said the words "shipping" and "credit card" I backed out and hung up Still, I am concerned that they now have my cel phone number (which they never give out) my name and address. My spidey senses said, "scam."
 6th of Sep, 2011 by   simsmichelle 0 Votes
When buying a product it doesnt work for everyone. It is key to listening to everything before you order. I use it and its a great product I have not had one problem with the company and if you are sending back after one week you havent used it enough to know what it does or doesnt do. Price isnt free its free to try. it is wonderful and i will continue to use it and have beautiful thick hair at 50. No i surely do not work for the company either.
 7th of Sep, 2011 by   aWriter 0 Votes
Thanks to Helena and the others who complained about Keranique. I wanted to look into Keranique for my wife. If it is minoxidil, it will work for some, but try Rogaine for women (no, I don't work for Rogaine's maker, Pfizer, and that product was unpleasant for me to use; see online reviews of Rogaine). Another note about Keranique: I saw their ad in the USA Weekend for Sept. 2-4 and noticed that they supplied no web site address. When I look at a new product online, I check for reviews, too. Clearly, the people at Keranique do not want you to see the reviews. To Mammabear, see online reviews of Rogaine; the product works for some women apparently but not for all. Just reading the warnings and notes on a container of Rogaine is off-putting, e.g., "Ask a doctor before use if you have heart disease." Oh, boy. But again, the monoxidil in Rogaine works for some, but not for others, and I understand it takes a while to work. Finally, skip Keranique. The reviews and comments here tell any reasonable person why. Even if Keranique works, it's too expensive and Rogaine for women, tho' not inexpensive, is in a nearby drugstore.
 7th of Sep, 2011 by   aWriter 0 Votes
Let me add a note here. I clicked on a hair-loss-prevention ad at the top of the page here and this came up: Hair Essentials™ for Hair Growth. It claims to block DHT. This product has no complaints here, just glowing reviews elsewhere. Hair Essentials web site even lists all the ingredients in the pills. Hmm. BTW, do not use apostrophes or quotation marks in your comments; they turne into something else.
 7th of Sep, 2011 by   blaah 31 0 Votes
Wow I think"take responsibility for your actions" must work for this company. They obviously think it is their right/privilege to really chew someone out.
That alone has turned me off, and I will not be buying this.
 8th of Sep, 2011 by   Lusine 0 Votes
I saw the commercial today and got very excited, but after reading all the negative reviews in my research, I will NOT try this product!!!
 8th of Sep, 2011 by   oOsukieOo +1 Votes
I just want to add a quick note to Heated in Helena's comment. I got it from the very start that your main complaint was they were basically selling Rogain.. my issue is I've always looked for something in a shampoo form because simply applying Rogain to my hair makes it greasy and I can't go through my day starting off greasy and ending a nasty oil pit. I've always wanted a shampoo form of something to help. For years I used Nioxin, but that doesnt do anything for regrowth.. simply stops the hair from falling out so fast.. and after a while, that didnt even work anymore! :( My hair loss is genetic, and I'm sure stress induced.. Anyhow, I'm excited to try the product. I hope I do not get a lot of those $1 charges because I will agree with you there.. it was aggrivating to sit through all that BS about No, NO, NOOOOO! And I hope the return process is not a pain, in case I need to.. *crosses fingers it works*
 11th of Sep, 2011 by   Annol 0 Votes
I believe products like this should be ordered online, I ordered mine on the site that was provided and there were no other offers, I hope it works and If it doesnt, easy I will cancel my card before the 30 day trial period expires.
 22nd of Sep, 2011 by   djsteph 0 Votes
The newspaper ad and the company representative both lied about the offer. I was told it would be a free trial not a pay the whole cost of the product after using it for 30 days. I was told that I could call to cancel it and keep the product. I am mailing it back today and should be charging them for the shipping costs. It takes seven weeks for any signs of hair regrowth, just ask your doctor.

This product also made my scalp burn and breakout.
 28th of Sep, 2011 by   Blessyerheart 0 Votes
I haven't tried this, and after hearing all this I won't - was tempted but I hate the 500 question answer crap; why can't it just be about the product at hand? I don't say this without having been there, I have. I won't go there again; I've been roped into my share of things I've had a hard time getting out of, and a harder time explaining the bill to my husband LOL. NOT that some weren't worth it. Hey, it's all what works for you, THAT's what should matter right? I tried Nioxin, but have to be honest, haven't really given it a fair shake. Then guess what? Went on Jenny Craig, started eating a BALANCED diet, and low and behold, my HAIR STARTED GROWING!!! Might try getting your vitamins in... drinking your water.. EATING if you skip breakfast and lunch and are stressed all the time.. for me, my hair STOPPED falling out! I realize this isn't the majority of the problem with people, but with others, it IS a legitimate cause. DIET can cause this. So... check out your diet people, (maybe your thyroid!) and give your diet, a check up. Good luck!~ ps... I've lost 70 pounds, and it's NOT hair! LOL! woo hoo!
 28th of Sep, 2011 by   Blessyerheart 0 Votes
PS - I have to agree with oOsukieOo and hope I am getting your point as well Helen... no one should have to sit through the B.S. those operators put you through (no offense to them, they're just doing their jobs) .. .. If they say something, they should stand behind it, I don't want to hear another 40 offers potentially tricking me into signing me up into something else. Not cool; especially at 3AM, that's sneaky. The product may be great - the advertising shouldn't keep people from something that might actually work for them. (no, I DON'T work for the company! LOL!) But, I find that sad - I was ready to pick up the phone as well... even though diet has helped me, I'd still like to try something, and the thought of the drudgery and possible hidden charges (cause I'm a sucker) completely hedged me off. Nope, if I try this? I'll get it on Ebay. ;) xoxoxo! In the meantime, I should probably give my Nioxin a chance, since I really haven't... but I still love Ojon... the thickening shampoo... GOOD stuff Doesn't regrow hair, but wow, makes your hair beautiful! That's the other problem, I love trying new shampoo's/conditioners too much! Do what's BEST for YOU :) You're worth it.
 28th of Sep, 2011 by   Blessyerheart 0 Votes
@Annol - reputable products - like Nioxin, and some of the others, can actually be purchased in Salons, you can have them even "test" them on you, you can feel them, see how they work before you buy - not trying to discourage you from buying online. However, sometimes - if it sounds too good to be true - it might just be. It might be worth the while to go to a salon, by a small trial sample - see how you react to it. I know in the case of this product you can't, however, you could rule those out before trying yet another - AND, I do know, things like Nioxin, and Rogaine, DO work, for alot of people ;) And eating your vegetables lol. EAT PEOPLE! EAT! DRINK your water! lol~ Take your vitamins! I'm telling you! But I know.. these shampoo's and treatments are definately something that help show some "immediate" results. Good luck!!!
 2nd of Oct, 2011 by   ooooooooooooooo -1 Votes
I purchased another product from this company. It was garbage and so was their service. It took getting the BBB involved. Amazing once you file a complaint with them, how everthing turns around. Warning to all: This company has many products, Hydroxatone being their big lead for other products. I did not try it because of the bad reviews, however did not realize they are the same as Celtrixa, which is BS. STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY, THEY WANT YOUR MONEY, PERIOD.

Fake Airline Promises Free Tickets