logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (0 mins ago)
Norton.com / CS CA
Unsolicited "renewal" of norton product!
2. (5 mins ago)
PLDT
no internet and telephone since typhhon Glenda
3. (10 mins ago)
POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Kenneth S. Nugent Complaints & Reviews - Scam and lies!

Kenneth S. Nugent Contacts & Informations

Kenneth S. Nugent

Posted:    Jeremy S Wofford

Scam and lies!

I was involved in a car accident on May 19, 2007. I was rear ended by a commercial box truck driven by Lanta Kitchen and Bath. My car flipped end over end and landed on its top in the middle of the I-75 S, in Ga. The box truck was cited for the whole accident. Now Lanta Kitchen and Bath had Allstate Insurance, Allstate paid my car off in about one week. I have about $5500 in Hospital bill with bill collector's calling me daily. I have had Kenneth S Nugent Attorneys for almost 5 months now. I have called time and time again to check on my case, I have to leave voice mails, that never get returned unless I say I am going to call Mr. Nugent himself. I talked to my lawyer, Christina Wagner, about 3 months ago, to ask her what my case is worth, she told me my case is only worth $1600. After I hung up with Mrs. Wagner, I called my case manager to see if that was true, and if it were true I did not need there services. My case manager, Shannon Boyd, told me that Mrs Wagner had the wrong case, there was another client with a similar last name as mine. Mrs. Boyd told me that my case was worth more than $1600, that in fact if that were true, Mrs Boyd said they would not waste their time with my case, that it would not be worth it. So I called again today to check on the case. Mrs. Wagner did not answer the phone, but called me back about 5 hours later, and told me the same thing again my case is only worth $1600. So they have done noting but waste my time for the last 3 months, in fact I got them everything for my case. I faxed them a copy of the police report, all my medical bills. I called Mr. Nugent's office today, to speak with him regarding my case and I spoke with his assistant. Mr. Troy, Mr. Nugent's assistant, told me to fax a paper in saying I no longer needed there services. I just wanted to complain on how bad the service was from this law firm. It sure isn't one call, that's all.
Comments United States Lawyers and Attorneys
Was the above complaint useful to you?
More Kenneth S. Nugent complaints
Kenneth S. Nugent - False Advertisement and Fraud

Comments

22nd of Jan, 2008 by   Jody Stewart 0 Votes
I was trying to get some information on the internet and came across this post about Ken Nugent. I have been practicing law in Georgia and Alabama for nearly 17 1/2 years, now, and 5 months is not a very long time for an attorney to have a personal injury claim. In fact, I have seen claims take much longer to resolve. I have never heard anything bad about Mr. Nugent or his attorneys. In fact, I have heard quite a few good things about him and his firm.
 22nd of Apr, 2008 by   Tired -3 Votes
HORRIBLE ATTORNEY!!
 9th of Jun, 2008 by   di amy +1 Votes
THEY ARE FULL OF SHIT!!!THEY ARE SCAMMERS. I WAS IN A HEAD ON ACCIDENT AND MY RIGHT ARM WAS DAMAGED BADLY.OVER 100, 000 IN MEDICAL BILLS AND WAS TOLD I COULD NOT GO TO COURT AND THE ONLY OFFER I WOULD GET WAS 25, 000. HIS CUT WAS MORE THAT MINE. AND I FAXED THE POLICE REPORT, MAIL PICTURES SHIT I HANDLE MY OWN CASE AND JUST GOT 6, 000. WHEN I TOLD THEM I DID NOT WANT THERE SERVICES I WAS TOLD THEY WILL STILL GET THERE CUT, , AND IM STILL OUTTA WORK. I WAS TOLD BY MR BILL HOLMAN. GO BANKRUPT..!!!ONE CALL THATS' NOT ALL . UNLESS YOU WANNA GET FUCK ROYALLY.!!!
 24th of Jul, 2008 by   Kate +2 Votes
I agree with everyone! I was hit head on by another car the first week of April now July still no help .I hired Ken to settle my case after months and months of no returned phone calls or emails, I have finally hired a new lawyer to take his place! Total waste of time and money traveling to the office! If you need a good lawyer that will help you win your case I suggest att. Kenneth sissel
770-931-3736. Very nice gentlem man take really DOES CARE FOR YOUR NEEDS!!!

ONE CALL THATS ALL TO CLOSE YOUR CASE WITH THAT SCAM OFFICE!!!
 28th of Jul, 2008 by   RB from Atlanta +2 Votes
Wow! I thought I was the only person having problems with this firm. My wife was in an accident last Oct. Some guy on a cell phone turned left into her at 40mph and totalled the car. She still can't sleep on her right shoulder and her right wrist hurts every morning and is still not right. It took 2 months for the swelling in her hand to go down and about the same for her shoulder. She couldn't write with her right hand for 3 months. We called after three months and the answer was 'we need to wait until all treatment is completed'. Same answer after six months. Well, the last trip to the doctor was 3 months ago. She still is doing physical therapy on her own per the doctor's last instructions. We still have not gotten one call from the firm. No one from the firm has called since Oct! To add insult to injury my wife (CPA/controller 20 yrs experience) lost her job in March! The official reason listed everything except her having to go to physical therapy 3 days a week for 3 months. All of our savings are gone and now we're into what we had saved for our kids college tuition who is starting his jr yr in high school. All I want is to just get a phone call with an update. JUST ONE CALL IS ALL!
 6th of Aug, 2008 by   Jay +1 Votes
Is their anything GOOD to be said about this law office?
 6th of Aug, 2008 by   Trina +1 Votes
I was involved in a head on accident in Augusta Ga on May 31, 2007. In which the vehicle was total. I immediately jumped from the vehicle fearing that it up blow up do to it smoking. Later i realized i could not standup straight or turn my neck. After going throughthe therapy I could not still walk straight up, turn by neck fully and had pain that was shooting down my leg. And sometimes, experienced tingling and numbess n my toes. At this time my private physican schedule a MRI and around this time Lauren Huffman offered me 1500 to settle this was in October 2007. After the MRI revealed why I was not healing was due to a herniatie disk, I forwarded the information to them that the doctors state that this came from blunt force trauma. I had two nerve procedures done with the last one being completed January 31, 2008. Met again with a new case manager Cheryl who told me give her unil the end of May. It is August 6, 2008 and I have yet to hear a word. No your paperwork is all in and we have submitted or we are closer to settling your case.
 9th of Sep, 2008 by   rebecca +1 Votes
FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO DON'T KNOW, ALL PERSONAL INJURY CLAIMS LAST 1-5 YEARS. BEFORE YOU WASTE TIME WRITING REVIEWS ON TIME FRAMES, RESEARCH ALL ATTORNEYS AND THAT IS WHAT YOU WILL FIND.

TO THE IDIOT WHO SAYS HE KEEPS CALLING AND HE IS TOLD THEY HAVE TO BE DONE TREATING... THEY HAVE TO KNOW THE FULL AMOUNT OF YOUR MEDICAL BILLS BEFORE THEY CAN GET AN OFFER! STUPID.

I DON'T WORK HERE, BUT AT ANOTHER FIRM WHERE PEOPLE SAY THE SAME COMPLAINTS. IF YOU WANT MONEY RIGHT AWAY, GO ROB A BANK. PERSONAL INJURY CLAIMS TAKE TIME.
 12th of Sep, 2008 by   susieq -1 Votes
I was ina rear-end collision another driver admitted to falling asleep at the wheel and ran into the back of me, my car was totaled and I had neck back and shoulder pain, well i went to the chiropractor for relief and after doing so was beginning to feel fine, Ken nuggents office called me about every week I sent bills returned phone calls, after they got all of these things they began working on my case to settle, well guess what they said they were waiting on the top offer, I asked what was the first offer from the insurance company and they told me it was in my best interest that I didn't know, well I took that and let things go never once speaking to the attorney that was supposed to be working on my case until the day he called me and said I can settle for $6, 700 well blow my mind I probably could have gotten more done dealing with the insurance company myself, so after Ken Nuggent gets his cut and all my medical bills are paid I get a measley $1, 454.57 wow that is a lot for being traumatized to fact that you think everyone is going to hit you from behind with no warning, well that's what I get for one call that's all
 15th of Sep, 2008 by   Lori +1 Votes
It is sad to say but when some people get into a auto accident...they think...I have hit the lottery. You must understand all things take time. First...insure yourself with a good amount of coverage. Second...have uninsured motorist coverage even if you only have liability...Third...if you are out to get money to pay all your bills you are already behind in...GET A JOB OR STAY ON YOUR JOB. You don't have to quit working because you were in a accident!!! With any lawfirm it is going to take time to settle your case. I have had great results from Ken Nugent office. I let them do their job and was happy with the services. I did not call every day to see what was happening with my case. I took care of my treatment and let them take care of everything else. I did not get a "big" check but my goal was to make sure I was better...my car was taken care of and a few dollars went in my pocket.
 2nd of Oct, 2008 by   SUSAN +1 Votes
I READ ALL OF THE COMPLANTS AND THE ONE'S THAT ARE TALKING IN FAVOR FOR THE FIRM OF KENNETH NUGENT, AND YOU CAN TELL THEY ARE WORK IN THAT FIRM. BY THE WORDING AND THE GIVING INFORMATION YOU CAN REALLY TELL. MY FRIEND IS DEALING WITH THIS FIRM AND MY FRIEND IS HAVING THE EXACT SAME PROBLEM. JUST FACE IT ONE CALL THAT'S ALL YOU ARE SIGNING UP FOR THEM TO GET RICH WHY YOU ARE THE ONE WITH THE PAIN AND SUFFERING WHILE THEY SET IN THERE OFFICE FOR THE NEXT STUPID PERSON TO COLLECT FROM. PLEASE BEWARE OF THIS FIRM!!!
 6th of Oct, 2008 by   Kelvin +1 Votes
First off.

You have to wait until after you get done with your treatment and have all your bills before they settle with the insurance company. You sometimes don't know the extent of the injury right away either. A doctor can only determine so much. He can't tell you how long your injuries will last.

Secondly.

It could take anywhere from 6 months to 5 years to settle. You want as much as you can get right? Or do you want a lawyer who's just going to give up and settle for anything? In that case, why even bother with a lawyer?

Thirdly

Some Polices are worth more than others. It depends on the type and amount of coverage who's at fault has.

Last but not least:

A lawyers cut is only 1/3 -- 33% of the settlement. If you sign papers consenting to give anything more than that, you are just stupid.

I don't know about Ken Nugent. But I know this: There are so many complaints over the internet, I bet if you searched the Net about Wal-mart, K-mart, General Dollar, Burger King, McDonalds, you will find complaints about all of them. Some lies, some may be half true.
 29th of Oct, 2008 by   Ram -1 Votes
Wow. Ok I have the same story, no need to tell you. So, I have a big question... With the treatment that I went to, Ken Nugents referral, they were supposed to submit my information to my Insurance so it wouldn't come out of the settlement money. I gave them my insurance information and they said that they would handle that part of it. I didn't know that I needed a doctor's referral to go to treatment. I hadn't even set up a Primary Care Physician yet. Bill Holman is telling me that the highest offer that the other insurance company will be going is $5, 000. I'm almost offended by this so-called lawyer trying to settle for pennies. To sweeten the deal, he is saying that his computer screen doesn't show that the treatment was paid by my insurance company. I called my insurance company, and nothing was submitted. Furthermore, letting me know that I would have needed a referral to get treatment. So out of $5000.00 I get a third which he is said to equal somewhere around 1600.00.

I still have a hospital bill of $600.00, and missed work time amounting to $600.00. It doesn't add up, these guys are legal crooks.. No pun intended.
 29th of Oct, 2008 by   Ram +1 Votes
One last thing. He is saying that I can't just be held responsible for the payment of the treatment.. that I have to sign something stating that the treatment will be paid before I get my cut, or he can just hold a third of the money until things get straitened out. Is this legal? Can he legally do that? It doesn't seem right to me. Does the insurance company have any contact with client at all to know what was really settled upon? Because if they dirty like that, they could just tell you whatever and get all types of profit on your ignorance.
 19th of Nov, 2008 by   Michelle Jordan -1 Votes
I ( my boyfriend and i) was involved in an accident back in september of 2007 ( hit head on by a pickup truck doin damn near 70 in a 50) we both had to be rushed to the hospital in an ambulance i was bleeding from my head and he was damn near unconcious... My spine is out of line and his leg is all banged up.. my car was sooo fucked... we both went to the chiropractor and werent released until february of 2008 (every single day ) and my case manager has switched more than 4 times.. i was told that a lady by the name of Nicole Swift ( savannah) was my case manager at first and that she nolonger worked there and no she does all of a sudden... and my case has basically had to be done over, according to them each time i got a new case manager... this most recent time back in July 08 they said that everything was done and had sent me a demand letter and said that i never had to get plastic surgery done on my eye... and i was like that was the work thing that happend to me how the fuck didnt that happen? and now they are supposed to be making this top offer with the insurance company by this time it was August.. ( its now fuckin November... how the hell is this just happening?) Everytime i call i get the same bullshit all the time... 90 days this and 90 days that... my cousin was involved in an accident with over 6 people involved and their shit was settled in less than 2-3 months... only 3 fuckin people are involved in my case and its taken more than a year and two months... this is sooo much bullshit.. I was told that if i decided to go with another attorney they could take their cut ( measured by how many hours they have been workin on the case!!!) but if i just stay with them it would only be up to 40%

their new slogan should be.. ONE CALL FUCK YOU ALL!!!
 21st of Nov, 2008 by   Michelle Jordan +1 Votes
As i said before... ONE CALL FUCK YOU ALL... i finally just got a call from Ken Nugent and i was told that i am only gettin back 3, 358.75
Im just like you have to be shitting me!! i come out worse than i did when i had just got into the accident..
This shit is bogus... i could have basically just done all this shit by my muthafuckin self and come out better than this.. dealing with those fuckin insurance companies... you cant tell me that is the best that you can do when my cousin hadnt gotten injured no where near as bad as i had and he had 11, 000 in bills and still came out with over 11, 000 take home cash... this shit is sick...
They are fuckin with peoples lives... its easy for them i guess when the are riding home every day in the mercedes, BMW's, and Lexus cars and the get paid more than any of us will likely see in a lifetime...
One call they take all...
 22nd of May, 2009 by   mike39 +1 Votes
ken nuggent office laywer is really bullshitting laywers, i had and accident in chattanoga tn. me my sister and my 2 son and nephew, i went with bill holman man i wish the hell i didnt. this is the most dishonest bullshitter so called laywer anybody can talk 2, please i advised nobody talk too him for no case, i been fussing with this guy for over 2 months hes a liar, crook, and a thief. my insurance company paid my medical bills and chiropractic bills dont u no this lollie pop laywer bill holman said my case wasnt nothing but 3, ooo dollars then we got into it he called me bck less than five minutes and said they offer me 3, 500 i no they offer me way much moer than that.
 2nd of Jun, 2009 by   Former Client +2 Votes
Good attorneys do not have to advertise like Mr Nugent. He has ripped off so many people in his own area that he advertises to reach new clients who do not know about his terrible reputation. Someone above suggested Ken Sissel & I second that suggestion! Great attorney, experienced, who really does care & do for his clients. You can also reach him at 404-325-1244.
 26th of Jun, 2009 by   Jo7 0 Votes
Thank you guys for all the comments . I was in an accident 2 months ago... doing phisical therapy for my hand and back and I just came back to my work. I'm looking for an attorney and I was about the hire Ken Nugent office until I read all this complaints. I JUST CHANGED MY MIND !!!
 26th of Jun, 2009 by   Jo7 +1 Votes
Thank you guys for the comments . I was in an accident 2 months ago. I 'm doing phisical therapy since then and it was almost 2 months without going to work. Same situation as some of the folks here : the other driver got citations, my car flipped and I got injured . I'm looking for law firm and I was about the hire Ken Nugent until I read all the complaints here...I CHANGED MY MIND !!!

How to Make Money with Mobile Internet