logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (0 mins ago)
tnbillinfo INTERNET and TNW.BILL.COM VALETTa
Unauthorised amounts being billed to my account
2. (1 mins ago)
Carlo Mitchell
I donated money, but they started to take more money from me
3. (6 mins ago)
Business / Personal Loan Offer
Apply urgent loan offer
4. (15 mins ago)
LightInTheBox
Do not use this company!
5. (35 mins ago)

Kelly Tires
1144 E. Market St.
Akron, Ohio
kellytires.com
On November 30, 2007 we bought eight Kelly commercial truck tires from Miami Tiresoles in Hileah Gardens, Florida. Over the weekend, one tire went flat. We returned to Miami Tiresoles Monday morning. The only thing they could find was a valve stem leaking so they replaced that at no cost to us.

We were leased to a company which has mostly light loads. After pulling our first load where the contents of the trailer were about 24000 pounds, we discovered that same tire was flat. I was at the Petro truck Stop in Atlanta, Georgia and the mechanic looked at the tire. His impression was the tire was defective because of the nature of the tear and the location.

On February 15, 2008 we went to Quick Fleet Tire Sales near the Petro and asked the tire be replaced under warranty since it had under 50, 000 miles on it and the damage was from a defect in the tire. The man told my husband that if we were his regular customers, he would honor the warranty. Since we were not, he charged us $355.46 for the tire. He said he would reimburse us after the adjuster looked at the tire.

Less than a month later my husband was diagnosed with small cell carcinoma. We were both too occupied to remember to check with Quick Fleet until August 4, 2008. My husband called Quick Fleet. The man told him no adjuster had looked at the tire in all these months and hung up before John could give him our new address.

I filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau of Atlanta and wrote Goodyear Tire at the listed address. Quick Fleet was suddenly able to get an adjuster to look at the tire. They claimed the adjuster said the tire had been cut. It was the inside rear tire on the passenger side. I replied to the BBB and they closed the case. I have not seen an adjuster's report.
Comments United States Cars, Parts & Vehicles
Was the above complaint useful to you?
More Kelly Tires complaints