logo

Russ Darrow/ JD Byrider/ CNAC
Deceptive practices!
3. (33 mins ago)
Livecareer.com
Not sure how they keep good rating
4. (43 mins ago)
Audio Extasa
None of my emails were responded...
5. (1 hr 5 mins ago)
Joe-ID
FAKE ID SCAM

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Keller Williams Realty / KellerWilliamsBrentwood.com Complaints & Reviews - The darkside of Keller Williams

Keller Williams Realty / KellerWilliamsBrentwood.com Contacts & Informations

Keller Williams Realty / KellerWilliamsBrentwood.com

Posted:    Valerie

The darkside of Keller Williams

I used to work for Keller Williams. One of the fastest growing Real Estate companies. They say it's ALL about the people. It's all about a life balance.

It is all a joke. I came across a very difficult deal and the company turned on myself and my clients. Just like that. I asked for help I never got it. I got a kick in the face. No one was there to help me during this stressful time. I had to leave the company because of the way I was treated. I left and continued to try and resolve this situation with the clients. It did not happen. The clients ended up in mediation with no support from Keller Williams. I wanted to be there to support my clients they sent a lawyer to be there with me. (because they HAD too) They ended up hiring a lawyer and then billed me over $8300.00 for it when I paid my portion of E&O insurance for the year.

My clients complained about the service they received on several occasions no one responds.

I complained to the management with no response.

I complained to their corporate office they say it is a Franchise so they did nothing.

I just want other's to be aware Keller Williams Brentwood (northern California)is not what they say they are they did not stand behind me or my clients they were left to fend for themselves. As I was. Anyone who is thinking of using this company should be aware of what could happen to you if a problem should arise.

Agents be careful before you make the move. Unless something changes I would be careful. I have tried on many occasions to resolve this matter they treated me like dirt. A guy who started with them from the ground up was telling other agents and speaking up within the office about how I was treated and he was asked to leave. I do not want what happened to me to happen to someone else. Be aware!

Smoke n mirrors
Comments United States Real Estate
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

1st of Mar, 2007 by   Elizabeth Kennedy 0 Votes
My experience with Keller Williams would back this up. The office I worked with was in Waldorf, MD.
 23rd of Jul, 2007 by   Pat Brun 0 Votes
I am having all kinds of problems with Keller Williams. I have listed my home with them their advertising is so poor it has been four months and they still have the phone number of the office wrong after three phone calls from us. I would never send anyone to Keller Williams.

Murrieta - Temecula Branch - they should be sued for false advertising.
 8th of Apr, 2008 by   Julie 0 Votes
PLease see below on the conversation on the absolutely rude email I received from a realtor because I could get an answer from her. Please read from the bottom up. Just to show show the people working for Keller Williams.

You have a nice day Andrea. I'm glad you sent me this email. I hope you had a great time in Jamaica.

To: Julie Mango
Cc: Spence
Sent: Monday, April 7, 2008 11:12:12 PM
Subject: Re: Property for you - HOLLYWOOD - JULIE

Julie,

So am I trying to be nice... I am surprised that someone in the industry has so little knowledge of its workings. It is ok to not do business with me. HOWEVER what is not ok it to EVER take this tone with me EVER. Why would I jump at any offer Julie. You have not signed a Buyer/Tenant Agreement with me! Also you are confused as to what you want and as far as I know don't have the necessary deposit on hand to do business. Real Estate is a business and your sale is hardly worth me turning the key in my car.

The next time someone puts tongue in cheek and give you a civil answer to your ridiculousness, leave it at that. Since I am the one investing in my Real Estate business and not you, it gives me the liberty to assume who I do business with. Whether the effort is a good return on my time and resource investment. I sent you every listing available in Broward County that fits your dollar value and space specification. To educate you a little more... a realtor is not a chauffeur. Your attitude reflects no knowledge of the industry. Driving to look at properties is the easiest part of what a realtor does for you. If it were not so the time and effort expended it achieving our license would be better spent in licensing us to DRIVE A CAB.

I CAN LIVE WITHOUT EVER HEARING FROM YOU AGAIN... follow suit.

Andrea
----- Original Message -----
From: Julie Mango
To: Andrea Jones
Sent: Monday, April 07, 2008 10:30 PM
Subject: Re: Property for you - HOLLYWOOD

I was trying to be nice. I really am disappointed you didnt return my email or calls. Errol recommended you. I'm surprised you didnt jump on the offers I had given.

To: Julie Mango
Sent: Monday, April 7, 2008 2:01:41 PM
Subject: RE: Property for you - HOLLYWOOD

That's ok Julie. All the best.

Date: Mon, 7 Apr 2008 10:39:35 -0700
From: cooliemango@yahoo.com
Subject: Re: Property for you - HOLLYWOOD
To: ajones5760@hotmail.com

Hello Andrea:

I havent heard from you nor your assistant realtor. I also had a listing for a one bedroom for you but I have not heard anything. Anyways, Sorry things did not work out.

Thank you.

To: cooliemango@yahoo.com
Sent: Friday, March 14, 2008 9:07:35 PM
Subject: Property for you - HOLLYWOOD

Dear Julie,

I've found a property that I'm sure will interest you. Click the link below to view. Please call me to arrange a time to view it. If there are any other properties that you'd like to know more about, please send me the addresses or listing numbers and I'll be happy to research them and provide you with additional information.

RNT 8-Photo View (MLX)

Andrea Jones
Keller Williams Realty
Cell: 954-729-9564
 8th of Apr, 2008 by   steve 0 Votes
REALTORS SHOULD ALWAYS BE PROFESSIONALS! I HAVE BEEN PRACTICING REAL ESTATE FOR MORE THAN 24 YEARS! I AM A REALTOR WITH PRUDENTIAL CA REALTY IN LAGUNA BEACH! A GOOD REALTOR MUST STAY IN FRONT OF THE CLIENT, MUST HAVE THE CLIENTS BEST INTEREST, MUST BE A GOOD NEGOTIATOR AND MOST OF ALL PROFESSIONAL/ETHICAL AT ALL TIMES! MY TEAM WORKS SAN DIEGO COUNTY, ORANGE COUNTY AND LA COUNTY IN COMMERCIAL AND RESIDENTIAL REAL ESTATE AND OPPORTUNITIES! GO WITH THE AGENT! THE BROKERAGE IS EXTREMELY IMPORTANT, BUT AT THE END OF DAY, IF YOU TRUST THE AGENT MOST LIKELY HE PICKED THE BEST BROKERAGE TO BE A PART OF!
 11th of Apr, 2008 by   Julie 0 Votes
Thank you. I was shocked to hear that message. She really sounds like she had a bad day or her business is failing. Thanks Steve!! Please email me at cooliemango@yahoo.com and maybe we can do business. Thanks!!

9th of Dec, 2008 by   lilrussian2004 0 Votes
Ahh where to begin with this company..let me tell you my story. My husband and I and our two kids live in NH but we want to move to the buffalo/niagra area in NY for our kids sake. Well our credit is far from perfect and most times we can only get an FHA loan, that requires that we live in the state we buy the house in. So anyways we found this house we absolutely loved..it was in Middleport NY the Amzi Bradley farm stead. Everything I always wanted in a home: nice 3 bedroom coblestone historic farmhouse on 25 acres of land with a huge barn for the farm that I always wanted. The problem was the $169, 000 price tag and well we don't live in NY..we asked a Keller william woman named Tammy to show it to us anyhow. Well that same week my husband got a hold of the seller and he said come look at the house if you like it make me a rent-to own offer and we go from there. Perfect we thought we get our dream home, astablish residency in NY and save up for a nice down payment. So next week we see the house and tell Tammy what we want to do; We lease the house for 3 month at $1500 a month and we sign a delayed purchase agreement to buy it fir $169, 000 I(by that time it was down to 159, 000). She told us she would draw uo the paperwork ans email it to us. Well one week later nothing, I email her asking where is the paperwork, we would love to get moving on it. She replies I just don't understand why you want to rent the house and them buy it for more then the asking price. I was floored not only did we explain that for a house of that price we can only go FHA and need a 30 day residency in NY, not to mention we LOVE the home, we don't want to loose it..I was shocked that an agent would even question us on why we offered more. Another week goes by..same thing and another and another. Well I finally managed to get a hold of the sellers agent and she said that the the house sold two days prior to my call..I was devistated! Well I wrote Tammy to tell her how hurt and angry I was that she blew us off for a month and cost us our dream home. She replied with "I did the best I can. The seller was upside down on his mortgage and wouldn't have excepted your offer anyhow" WTF..she hasn't given us a paper to sign in the last 4 weeks or anything..how is that trying, second the seller broke even, I checked the recoreds. As fir our offer we offered to pay his mortgage and extra and give him his original asking price, plus how would she know he wouldn't have excepted it..she didnt even try. I tell everyone that this company sucks, we are buying another home now with no land, no stone just a similar age and our current agent is great. I hope Keller williams goes out of bussiness soon.
 23rd of Mar, 2009 by   Ron McIntire 0 Votes
I have read the complaints listed here about Keller Williams because I am actually one of the Top 10 Realtors in Spokane, WA and have been invited by a long-time producer in their office to join their company. While I am not yet sold on the prospect of going to Keller Williams, I do believe that the complaints here are not about the company in Spokane but rather pertain to specific individuals in specific offices. If I receive bad service at a restaurant in California, will I get the same bad service at the franchise in Seattle? I think not. It seems to me that while these concerns are valid with regards to the specific situations, and certainly these things should not have happened, they reflect directly on the agents/offices involved and not on the integrity of the Keller Williams system nationwide. Wishing that Keller Williams should go out of business or using phrases such as "Smoke and Mirrors" is "venting" frustration, but unfortunately hurts agents within the Keller Williams system that don't deserve to have their livlihood and their families suffer from the acts of someone else. Please, keep in mind as you read this that there are good and bad Realtors in every major office and that service comes on an individual level. Hire agents based on their individual reputation of customer satisfaction and you will stand a high probability of getting the level of service that you deserve.

Ron McIntire, ASR CNE
Top 10 Volume Realtor, Spokane, WA 2008
Owner Assist Realty
509-951-7653
 16th of May, 2009 by   mcwood 0 Votes
I would agree that it's certain people that work for Keller Williams, BUT my experience makes me think there's more than just a few bad apples in the bunch. I have had several problems with my agent. Some involve a lot of money and some come from a lack of character and ethics. My agent has no problem lying to me or anyone else to save a buck. He proved to be completely out for himself, not serving the client like I thought was supposed to happen. I can't believe the money his carelessness and greed has cost me. When I went to his Broker over the problems, she responded by basically saying "I hear you're frustrated, too bad I'm not going to do anything about it". I have never had so many and such serious problems when buying or selling a house. I will never recommend KW to anyone.
 23rd of May, 2009 by   a. laughlin 0 Votes
the worst mistake i ever made was to use lupe bosserman of keller williams in phoenix arizona. as an agent in my search for a home. this was my first time buying a home and my first experience with how unscrupilous real estate agents can be. Lupe bosserman not only had me falsely signing and pre dating contracts with her to keep another agent from suing her, but also flat out lied to me about the status of a home and how long it had been on the market and then coerced me into offering well over $100, 000 more than i would have had i known the truth about the history of the home and its time on the market. This agent has no morals and would tell a client anything to get the sale.I approached her broker and was told that he apologized that she had mislead me that there was nothing he could do. Lie! of course. i am in the process of trying to find a lawyer who would work with me and take this case on contingency basis. have other agents that had been involved that are willing to testify, and agents with the mortgage company that believe just as i do that her prize for getting me into this home was to get a kick back by the mortgage company on the purchase of her own home bought through the same people. please if any questions or info email me at hou28d@aim.com
 20th of Sep, 2009 by   Shanahbanana 0 Votes
Hello, I am a new licensee who is getting ready to associate myself with Keller Williams. I agree with Ron McIntyre that it is the individual agent you have to consider not the company.

I am a Christian that will operate my business with good morals and values. I don't believe for a second that this company coaches people to lie and cheat others to make a sale. So far, I have only heard the opposite. No one can make me somehow become corrupt and I will be working for that company so I am sure there are many others like me who also work for them.

The client comes first! It even says so in my KW packet...there are always a few rotten apples in every barrell.

Shanah Davis
 13th of Oct, 2009 by   mrmarcanthony1 +1 Votes
I am currently a staff member of the Keller Williams Realty office in the South Bay area of California. If you don't already know, each KW is independently owned an operated. The problems in these stories seem to stem from the individual agents themselves, and not the company as a whole. We have over 270 agents in our office and of course they can't all be "gems", because they come from all walks of life, and so many different personalities. If you're not a good person, it doesn't matter where you hang your real estate licence, because you're always going to be that same person. If you're looking to employ an agent's services, you might want to check their history before signing on the dotted line. If you're a crappy agent... don't blame the office for your lack of knowledge, experience, or ethics. You might just want to do a little self re-inventing.
Do you think that putting your opinions here in this little forum is changing anything or do you not have anything else to do with your time, other than to complain about something you don't have to utilize.
If you don't like McDonalds... go to Burger King... its that simple. Crying about it... is not going to help.
 10th of Mar, 2010 by   Dean in Tucson +1 Votes
I disagree with the post above. I believe "crying about it IS useful". First, for the person with the bad experience it's cathartic. Second, they may get some good advice. For the disaffected reader it's useful information that has no other source. For management (corporate or franchise) it's being watchful/attentive/reactive. I can't think of anyone that it's a disservice to; if you don't like what you are reading, that's what you get for reading someone else's mail. Of course the reader has to consider (parse) from the details if the complaint is tied to an individual or endemic in the enterprise. Poor or inattentive management (not saying there is any of that in K-W; I don't know) does lend itself to the failure in recruiting, educating, and where needed saying good-bye to agents who earn that distinction. A company (any company any line of business) that is having "a bimbo eruption" probably is lacking something in management philosophy. A "bimbo eruption" for clarity here is a litany of individual stories that make up a trend stemming from poor service at the hands of male or female agents, and if you don't support the incoming "crying" then you fail to collect what either stands out as an exception or is indicative of the prevailing rule. As a former agent (now retired), educator, and career IBM professional I can share from my experience that a business that is not forcing some level of attrition is just not facing the music because no company hires to 100% perfection. If there is no attrition imposed by the business itself the creeps will creep in and pollute the environment. Left to their proclivities the creeps can be the source of poor custmer experiences such as can be read about here. Dean in Tucson
 3rd of May, 2010 by   William1 +1 Votes
Don't do business with Keller Williams. Keep away from them and tell your family members and friends not to even call this people.
 6th of Aug, 2010 by   alexwclark -1 Votes
I am an agent for Keller Williams Realty in Portland, OR. Our team (The Clark group) which consists of 2 agents, has sold over 1, 000 homes in the last decade alone, and have a combined experience of selling homes in the Portland are for more than 35 years between Peter and I. Our office has more than 150 agents.

You don't stay in business 35 years by producing bad results, and not living up to expectations.

I agree completely with Ron McIntire in the earlier post. In every industry there are bad apples. I can not stress enough that the company does not sell your home, nor does the company help you buy a home. It is the agent.

I could list an agent that has no clue what they are doing in every company I can think of, including Keller Williams.

Since every Realtor is the CEO of their own company, i.e. The Clark Group, each Realtor is self employed. I am in charge of my actions, training, skills, etc. Not the company.

Branding an entire company because of 1 seemingly unqualified individual does not make sense, nor is appropriate.

To avoid running into a bad Realtor in the future, ask some qualifying questions when you interview them:

1) How many years have you been in the business?
2) How many transactions do you do a year, over your career?
3) Do you have any letters of recommendation? May I contact those past clients?

etc.

Over 60% of the people who use Realtors don't ever qualify the Realtor before making that decision. If buyers/sellers would invest some time into really finding a good Realtor, we could eventually narrow the field to only qualified individuals.

A good Realtor should have the heart of a teacher. They should be willing to spend as much time as required to educate you on the market, provide comps, etc. You should come out of the expirience knowing a whole lot about real estate.

If you would like, you may email me to receive a full report on questions you should ask a Realtor prior to listing or agreeing to buy a home through them. I will send it to you in email format for free, without hassle, or obligation. It is the same thing I provide to my clients prior to our meeting so they have the tools they need in order to really qualify us for the job.

In summary, Companies don't sell real estate, agents do. Choose wisely, and you will have a great expirience. Choose poorly, or without consideration, and you may indeed be one of the unlucky ones.

Email me if you would like that free report.

Alex Clark
The Clark Group
Keller Williams Realty
503-810-3295
alexwclark(at)comcast.net

***Please replace the (at) with the @ symbol. This helps keep spam away. :)

Happy house hunting!
 27th of Oct, 2010 by   Movon1 0 Votes
I do not believe the problem stem from the individual agents, but based on "Keller Williams" aim to be number one. I have had a similar bar experience with a a bad agent, Yvonne Avila, Keller Williams Elite, Virginia, who sided with a divorce lawyer, not my ex, to have the price of my home reduced in court. The purpose of the reduction was to facilitate a quick sale so the lawyer could collect her fee from my ex. I have documentation to prove this. When my ex and I finally ask the Keller Williams' agent to remove the house from the market/de-list it, the agent and the company refused to de-list the house unless we signed a ninety day agreement, giving Keller Williams the right to sale the house after ninety days. I suspect that Keller Williams franchises may promote some of this unethical behavior by their agents and subsidiaries in order to remain no. 1.
 30th of May, 2011 by   SMKAA 0 Votes
Wow! I have read each and every post and I am amazed that an entire company is coming under fire due to bad experiences with real estate agents. If you had a bad experience at two Walmart stores, would you bash Walmart as a copy. Would you assume that Walmart supports poor customer service or would you think that the particular employee provided bad service. Real Estate agents have a responsibility to provide professional services to their clients. They are expected to be ethical, professional and knowledgeable about the state in which they are licensed. If they fall short they should be addressed. However, bashing and entire company based on their poor performance is inappropriate. I work for Keller Williams Preferred Properties in Upper Marlboro, MD and let me state that all Keller Williams franchises are not created equal. Our office is OUTSTANDING!!! We have a dynamic team that works very well together and we are held to a very high standard by our broker and owners. If we do not dot every "i" and cross every "t" we do not get paid. Likewise, as with our company not every Re/Max, Coldwell Banker, Long & Foster, EXIT, or any other brokerage for that matter is created equal. All brokerages have the ability to be outstanding and they all have the ability to be horrible. All real estate agents regardless of their brokerage affiliation have the ability to be outstanding and they have the ability to be horrible. You should expect dynamic service from your Realtor and if they fail to provide such service you should hold them accountable, however your shouldn't condemn the brokerage or assume that the brokerage supports the bad service. If the brokerage is not accountable, they should be dealt with as well. Every single Keller Williams Realty franchise if given and expected to follow the model that was created for the brokerages - however apparently not all follow the model as it was intended. I can assure you that my brokerage follows the proven model to the "T" and as a result our brokerage is very successful and out clients are well taken care of.

I am very sorry to hear of the bad experiences each of you had with the agents who happened to be affiliated with a Keller Williams franchise. I do wish you the best in your future real estate experiences and I hope that you will allow any agent, that you work with in the future, regardless of their brokerage affiliation the opportunity to provide you with exceptional service without having to carry the burden of your past experience.
 3rd of Jul, 2011 by   Realtor Shocked by Bad Behavior 0 Votes
Can anyone who works for one of the "good" Keller Williams offices let those of us know who are having a terrible experience with one whom to contact at Keller Williams Corporate to seek help? I'm a Realtor and a buyer who is being screwed over by an agent who is managing an office and the responsible Broker (listed on the CA DRE) is no where to be found. In fact, neither the agent nor anyone in his office will tell me how to locate their Broker: some of them couldn't even tell me his name. The agent himself was not involved in our transaction until I demanded he step in to assist, and then his response was to get angry and illegally cancel our contract -- all this after his office was not performing and causing damage to the property by not taking care of it! This is absolutely insane that my Broker cannot even talk to his Broker! So please, if you know who to contact at Keller Williams, let us know: we'd like to give them a chance to help rectify this and keep the deal together so we don't have to take legal action -- against Keller Williams, and the Seller, Fannie Mae.
 12th of Nov, 2011 by   Drf0001 0 Votes
I purchased property, There was no easement showing, but a drive running along side the property.I ask what about the drive.it's your land they have no easement do what you want.Now I'am being sued over this drive, with no easement.Where is my help from Keller Williams, and the closing attorneys.Still hiding in their office.I had to hire my own attorney.At great expense.They suggested one but they never suggested on them paying for it.Like they should be doing.I bought title insurance and pulled the property up on the county site no easement ever showed.Keller Williams should be standing bye us on this since this is something they never disclosed.or found.nor did their closing attorneys.Step up Keller Williams, Not all of us can afford to be sued!!!
 22nd of Feb, 2012 by   stannak 0 Votes
We has bad experiences with 2 realtors simultaneously in Joplin, Mo. They apparently don't need work or money. 1st realtor we got him involved in a short sale home after my house sold. He did not want to get involved and was very passive and Never followed up. I was working with listing Agenf on my own. I went to school with the guy. I dropped him and switched over to awesome Pro 100. My husband and had our 3rd child and we wanted a bigger home with land. So he used the 2nd KW realtor. We figured she was pissed off when she got word we dropped 1st KW realtor. My husbands 6 mth contract came to an end and she, Connie Shull, never notified us, took the listing off the Internet and went out and had her KW sign taken down!!! Best wishes to her you suck!!! She sucked from the get go and never returned calls or anything to help us.
 14th of Apr, 2012 by   Maryann LaPointe 0 Votes
DO NOT DEAL WITH THIS AGENT OR COMPANY...UNPROFESSIONAL...I was & I am on disability, I had the worse experience with Keller Williams RealtyAngie Morris, She is the worse realtor & person I ever dealt with & R & M moving co.. These type of people do not care about the customer only what they can get & how much. She referred me to only 1 moving company(I thought she was trying to help me, what a joke. She referred me to R & M Moving company in the tampa & surrounding areas. After the move R & M moving company robbed me, took my belongings & was verbally abusing me. They all took advantage of a woman alone. She is a greedy, mean, nasty, self centered narcassist I have ever met. It is always about her & her spoiled brat daughter, like herself. They were joking & laughing at the time I told them that the movers stole my belongings. I think they alll have a head problem to do this to a prospective buyer, no conciense, & all parasitic narcissists.Gold diggers from decent customers. Get out of business you scam artists.

The Most Overpriced Products