logo

Kay Jewelers

Posted: 2011-01-26 by    Sierraf

Repair took 3 months of my engagement

Kay Jewelers
I was proposed to in September of 2010 with a beautiful solitaire, princess cut, white gold engagement ring. There were 3 tiny little little occlusions in the ring that only I would have noticed. One tiny brown speck in the center and two tiny brown specks in each of the top corners. But they were hardly noticable at all, and I didn't care, I loved it. My boyfriend at the time did a wonderful job choosing the right ring. We were happily engaged for about a month and then I noticed that I could here my diamond shaking when I moved my hand. Luckily my fiance was smart enough to get insurance. Or so we thouhgt. I sent it in hoping I would get it back in time for Thanks Giving. I really wanted to show all of our family members my new ring and my wonderful new fiance. But low and behold the "Repair Shop" cracked my diamond while tightening the prongs. So I had to wait until they could ship me a new diamond to replace the one THEY broke. That took at least another two weeks. I could not even begin to tell you how excited I was when my fiance finally pulled my ring out of his pocket and I got to wear it again and have it for Christmas, since I didn't have it for Thanksgiving. I went through the night waiting to get home and see it sparkle in the light. Except for when I got home and saw it in the light I noticed this big, huge crack in the center of my diamond, it still had that crack in it. Furious, I brought it back into to Kay Jewelers and explained to the lady what I had observed. She told me that it was not a crack it was an occlusion. I told her I would like it if I had the same kind of occlusion that my ring had before. She told me that she could send it back in and see what they send back. I was glad to have the diamond replaced but sad that my new promise date was December 29... FOUR DAYS after Christmas! Holiday number 2 gone. Waiting impatiently a week after my promise date, I finally gave them a call friday January 7, to find out they had a diamond for me to approve. FINALLY! So I went in and gave the diamond a looksy to find out that it was the same huge crackly occlusion. This time blazing with fury, I told her that if I don't get the same looking diamond I am finished. She gave this number to call 1-800-732-8131. I spoke to a man named Jim who proceeded to tell me that he had to call the store and the shop and that he would give me a call at the beginning of the following week with a reason for me to stay. Now it is friday of that week... No call. I called the local store that I have been working with and asked how I can get my money back. She told me that she was personally talking the diamond room to get me a good diamond, and that I can still call and ask for my money back and to give her call to tell her what happened. So I then called Jim and told him that I wanted my money back and he told that is impossible. I'm past the 60 day policy... EXCUSE ME!!! I didn't have my ring for 60 days before I had to send it in for repairs. He also told me I have to deal with what they give me it is the same quality. BULL! I told him he never called me back and he continued with, "Well I couldn't help that I was out all weelk ill. OK?" I could hear his neck jerking with attitude. He is the most rude, sarcastically appologetic "Customer Service Rep" ever. I don't care that he was "sick", He was in today. He could have called me then. This whole thing is bull, I shouldn't have gone, Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year's, and my birthday with out my engagement ring like I did, all thanks to Kay Jewelers "Repair Shop". I am only going to be engaged once and I will never get that time back to remember showing all my loved ones my ring. Every Korrupt Krime Begins with Kay.
Comments United States Jewelry & Watches
Was the above complaint useful to you?

ATM Scam