logo

BackgammonMasters
Hackers/Security
5. (47 mins ago)
Weiss Comestic & Laser Procedures Blepharoplasty
Terrible/Horrible Asymmetry eyelids surgery (blepharoplasty)

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Kaplan University Complaints & Reviews - Great education, TERRIBLE student accounts department

Kaplan University Contacts & Informations

Kaplan University

Posted:    shelbell77

Great education, TERRIBLE student accounts department

I started Kaplan's MBA program in August 2007. I was excited about the emphasis program I chose, it was unlike any other school's program. My admissions advisor was extremely attentive (but not pushy like some have said) and Kaplan was one of the recommended schools from my company who would be reimbursing me for much of the costs.

The curriculum itself I've found to be appropriately challenging. I feel I've learned a great deal through the course discussions. Most professors I've found to be fair, but I have had one or two that I feel were not appropriately administering Kaplan's policies. I don't feel any class has been a waste of time and have definitely picked up lots of good information that I apply daily in my job.

My major complaint, and its big enough I struggle with recommending Kaplan to friends, is dealing with different personnel from the school. My academic advisor is absent about 95% of the time. Ignorning phone calls and emails. Randomly she'll send a "good luck this term" email or leave a similar message. But she never responds to my requests to her.

Worse than that, is dealing with the Student Accounts department. My company is reimbursing me for most costs associated with my program. When I started at Kaplan I was told I could be billed per term, rather than by month - and that I could have my tuition deferred until the end of each term so that the time between making my payment and receiving the reimbursement from my company was very small. Well, my billing kept getting switched to monthly (against my request/wishes and without my knowledge) and the tuition deferment kept disappearing off my account. This leads to 2-6 calls a day from Kaplan with a recorded message about "fulfilling my educational committment". When I answer and "stay on the line" to speak to an agent I always get disconnected. When I try to CALL the student accounts numbers direct, I rarely get a live person. On the rare occasion I DO get a live person - the minute I explain that I need to be billed per term because it makes it easier for me to file my reimbursement request - I get transfered to someone in business affairs who never returns my call. So, I normally spend 2-3 weeks of every month sending repeated emails to student accounts to correct their weird billing errors. And to be clear - I'm not a deadbeat. I long gave up on the tuition deferment attempts. Within 1-2 days of each terms charges being applied to my account - I make the payment. However - those amounts differ from whatever imaginary payment plan student accounts has me on - so they continue to cite me as past due even though my account balance is $0 for all but about 2 days of every term. The only person who ever DOES respond to my calls and emails is the financial aid officer assigned to me - which I don't understand since I don't USE financial aid - who tells me she has tried to change my account to per term billing numerous times and someone in student accounts always changes it back. I'm currently in my second to last class and can't WAIT to finish just so I don't have to deal with these ridiculous billing problems any longer.
Comments United States Colleges and Universities
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

8th of Jun, 2009 by   sassy 0 Votes
Well I enrolled in Kaplan College I agree they have to worst customer serivce to business office would i guess handles the accounts tried to charges me the loan money that I sent back to Bank Of America. But they Financial Aid should be the one dealing with my money. They have an bad billied system.
 8th of Jun, 2009 by   sassy 0 Votes
Well I enrolled in Kaplan College I agree they have to worst customer serivce to business office would i guess handles the accounts tried to charges me the loan money that I sent back to Bank Of America. But they Financial Aid should be the one dealing with my money. They have an bad billing system.

The 5 Biggest College Application Mistakes