logo

Net10 & Tracfone
Poor service!
2. (25 mins ago)
Debbie Travis
Debbie Travis does not stand behind her products
3. (28 mins ago)
Woolite
Stinks
4. (38 mins ago)
TheHorizonOutlet.com
Misleading credit card company!
5. (38 mins ago)
Linksys
They screw you on the warranty

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Kaplan College, Bakersfield, California Complaints & Reviews - unproffessional and misleading practices

Kaplan College Contacts & Informations

Kaplan College

Posted:    disappointed

unproffessional and misleading practices

Kaplan College
Bakersfield, California
Kaplan College was a waste of money, I was enrolled there in Bakersfield ca, in the criminal justice program. I was misled into thinking the education I went there to get was accredited and professional. the program was supposed to have hands on training and instead was an education equivalent to high school. I was forced to stop attending classes there and try to transfer credits to another school. I was not very successful in transfering to another school because most of the monies went to Kaplan. I was cloes to graduating from Kaplan five months to go and I could've had a aas degree in criminal justice from Kaplan. It was'nt worth it to me to continue at kaplan and pay more money to that school. I would not be proud graduating from Kaplan. It's also very discouraging hearing the staff make comments about their students " the students are not smart but we need to pass them so we could get our money". I was an 'A' student and never once missed a day of class in the year I spent there. I would not recommend anyone to that school. In fact I hear they will not be continuing the criminal justice program after the first graduates. Most students enrolled in the program there transfered out. What does that tell you?

Very disappointing! I owe student loans for the poor education that I tried to get at Kaplan. Please help! does any one know where I could file a formal complaint and would I have to hire an attorney to try and get reimbursed from kaplan?
Comments United States Education
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

31st of Dec, 2009 by   avilovebby 0 Votes
kaplan is a stupid piece of shit school.
 31st of Dec, 2009 by   avilovebby 0 Votes
when i was at that school i hear the staff who is suppose to be the administrator of Medical assistant students. i hear her saying, "filipinos are not so smart" man wdf is that? and i find her very racist and chooses her favorite students. she is a discrimination and a kiss ass. i hope to get all my money back too cos i learned nothing, thank god for the big ass worthless books at least i learned something. i mean, my own teacher sleeps in class cos his reason is "i got a migrane..." like seriously?! haha well i hope you find something to fix your problem. i just kinda wanted to share my experience cos i terribly hate that piece of shit school. maybe you should hire a lawyer cos that school needs to get fucken sued.
 22nd of Oct, 2010 by   josie taylor 0 Votes

There is an attorney specializing in law suits against Kaplan College all over the world.

Please email me to get the information.

Sincerely,

Josie

jphibet22000@yahoo.com
 22nd of Feb, 2011 by   Hanna195 0 Votes
Kaplan was a waste of my time and money. The staff is highly unproffessional, and unorganized. They mislead you to think all these great things, that all turn out to be lies to get you in there and get your money. The instructors remind me of highschool, or even jr high school teachers. They are also unproffessional, and mostly dont know jack about the programs they teach. I could choose 5 random people out of a phone book that could teach and handle the programs better. They simply read right out of a text book, which I could do at home by myself. I do not think the money is worth one min at that school. It was a mistake for me to even enroll. They also had equipment outdated and not approved by OSHA. I would NOT recommend anyone to enroll in Kaplan College. All you will gain is a tremendous debt.
 1st of Apr, 2011 by   kaplanstudent009 0 Votes
I was enrolled in there Medical ASST program, they buttered me like a turkey without the stuffing. It was all cool until i transfered to nights. you wil not beleave me when i say this my teacher was for the same sex. Meaning in short lesbian. I have no problems with the gay community but when they stop short and screw with my education because I was not supporting them on the ballot and interfering with my free speech!

Oh and get this i almost did not graduate because of all the fuss. Trying to find a job is ridiculas there just is no work in california for entry level medical assitants.
 7th of Jun, 2011 by   MaDaCr 0 Votes
I attended Kaplan college in riverside California from around june 09 to april 2010, in the Computer Support Tech program.
Me and my fellow students were promised Job placement (still havent received a job), a internship that would could choose to go in to, which was later never offered and when asked about it we were brushed off several times. Also we were told the instructors were quality educators, well in my 9th month of school it had come to my attention that only 1(ONE) of my instructors out of four, were qualified to teach the subjects they were teaching, the others were not even CompTIA A+ Certified which is the industry minimum qualification to be a technician. We were told that our Credits were transferable to other schools and we ALL have been told no at all the colleges around here that they are not transferable. They Charged us 14K for 9months of "Education" and i found out that students that started up less then three months after me were paying upwards of 16K + for the same exact "education" from the same exact books, and teachers.

There are plenty of other things that were promised that were never delivered, but these are a few of the biggies. Do not attend this school, as i personally believe it being on my resume has hurt my chances for many jobs.
 11th of Aug, 2011 by   RXT Trainer 0 Votes
@ MaDaCr: Kaplan College never promises "Job Placement." What the catalog clearly state is "Job Placement ASSISTANCE" from Career Services. The School catalog also clearly states on page 19, that "It should be understood that career services offered by the Institution are not an obligation or GUARANTEE OF EMPLOYMENT." (emphasis mine). I doubt if there's a school out there that will GUARANTEE an employment to graduates. How many graduates from State Colleges and Universities and private institutions do you think have been "guaranteed" a job? How manyof these graduates do you think are still cranking up resumes right now? Kaplan College is no different. be realiastic. If you go to a schooling of any kind, you can be sure you will have a student loan of some sort...unless you want to go to an ROP program!
 8th of Sep, 2011 by   ivanna 0 Votes
I don't care what the catalog said about job placement, they do not help you with anything they just make you get into this loans and you can not get any job placement, in the other hand they lie to you about the credits can be transfer to other universities and is a lie I'm currently in another university taking my RN program and i had to start all over again, and thanks to Kaplan college I'm stuck with a huge loan that I have to pay back. IF ANYBODY KNOWS ABOUT A LAWYER THAT IS TAKING CARE OF THIS SITUATION PLEASE LET ME KNOW .. THANK YOU..

NANCYSRV@ATT.NET
 8th of May, 2013 by   ladymorris 0 Votes
I am a medical office student at Kaplan and boy let me tell you how big of a joke it is at this place. You have one teacher who cares and the rest are just in it for a pay check. The education department runs around like chickens with their heads cut off, not knowing jack squat about anything, They can't give you honest straight answers, its always email me that question and I will get back to you. They also have THE highest turn around rate with instructors. In the 9 months that I have been here there has been 4 new teachers 1 of them quit already. Like a total waste of money. If I could do something to get my time and money back I sure the heck would and just go get my certification for billing and coding. Much less money and sure as he** a lot less BS that's for sure.
 27th of Feb, 2014 by   Griselda Rodriguez 0 Votes
I'm supposed to start at Kaplan in Bakersfield Ca on March 26th of this year. And now with what I've read I'm scared to even go to that school. What school is best for me to go to for Criminal Justice? San Jouquin or what?
 8th of Dec, 2014 by   pierre100 0 Votes
My lawyer and I are starting a class action suit and we are trying to get in touch with all of the students who are in debt to help them get out of debt and shed the light on kaplan and there all profit ways if you could send a summary of your experience to pierrerhodan@gmail.com along with your number so i can forward it to my lawyer to contact you to join the class action suit .

New Gift Card Rules & Military Scams