logo

Posted:    Eric

Terrible experience

Just Host
justhost.com
I signed up with Just Host to host my web site. They have outsourced their support group to India the staff there are very rude and very very unhelpful. I signed up for the priority e mail service and have gotten very few answers to my questions and when they did answer it was very vague and very unhelpful. I paid to get advertising that would put my web site on Goggle and several other places then was told it could take up to three months before it was visible while their web site says it would be instant. I had to go to Microsoft Publisher 2007 support group to get my site hosted because the staff at Just Host would not assist me in getting it set up. I have to say I've never been so disappointed in a service before I'm very frustrated with these people... I asked someone to call me on the phone and they would not even answer the e mail.
Comments United States Hosting & Web Design
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

21st of Jul, 2009 by   noinoi 0 Votes
I signed up to justhost but it seems to contain a lot of fraudulent claims such as full refund etc. The staff were totally unhelpful and rude at the call centre, the emails I received back from staff for support were totally unrelated to the question I had asked. Still waiting for my CC company to refund my money as they won't do it although they CLAIM that they will. DO NOT USE THIS SERVICE, unless you want to be frustrated to hell.
 25th of Jul, 2009 by   Bagpipes +1 Votes
Justhost is the worst service I have experienced so far. My site is only up half the time, the changed my password without my consent and blocked my access to the control panel. I have not been able to upload any files to my domain for weeks now and the support people were not fit to make the service work. I changed the host subsequently and even after this, they do not see a necessity to follow their own terms and conditions!

Just Host is NOT a professional service! They do not do their job and you just loose money on them!

Keep away from Just Host!
 29th of Aug, 2009 by   LeRoy Olson 0 Votes
I signed with Just Host for a 6 month trial period in January 2009, Paid in full. Around or about the first of July I was notified that payment for another 6 months was due at which time I promptly notified them that I was dropping the account. Around the 8th of July they called me to discuss the reason I was closing my account, After our discussion they said thank you and the account would be closed. I checked my site around the 10 of July at( http://www.custommadekitchens.net ) and it was in fact closed.About a week later I start getting statements from them again. I try to call them and I get a message that all billing must be done by E-Mail. I tried to cancel again by E-Mail and they ask for my credit card number which I did not give. On August 26 I get an E-Mail stating that they had withdrawn the funds from my account. I would not recommend this site to any one. I am still trying to get my money back. They billed me for six more months of hosting without my permission and when you go to my site address it say suspended. That is good service???
 29th of Dec, 2009 by   account302 +1 Votes
I completely disagree. I'm not with JustHost, nor do I have affiliations with them. I here to claim that I am currently using 2 accounts with JustHost and haven't had a single problem.

I have called customer service 3 times, and they have been VERY polite, helpful, and understanding.

Their email responses have all been within 12 hours of sending, and they were very generous.

I don't know what your problem is, JustHost is THE BEST hosting company I have ever used, not to mention I am a web developer and have worked with numerous companies.

I hope this will change your mind about your negative experiences with JustHost.. They are in fact, a GREAT company.
 30th of Dec, 2009 by   Carlton R. MCMillan Sr. -1 Votes
I'm evangelistmcmillansr214@yahoo.com I'm not that familar with the workings of the computor, so I can't understand why all of a sudden. Ican't get my emails from this site my account is paid up.They ask me to contact the source of my email, and I don't remember signing up with this site so why can't log on to them. Thank You I would appreciate something on what Ineed to do. Thank You again
 4th of Jan, 2010 by   sevenalive 0 Votes
I signed up with Justhost about a week ago. So far my site has been down 2 days in a row. 99% uptime my ass.
 12th of Jan, 2010 by   DR07 +1 Votes
Canceling just host is the Seven Circless of Hell! I called technical support and it took 45 minutes someone to answer! I requested concelation of my account and was told by a rude person who couldn't speak English to send e-mail for such thing. You can cancel their "service" only by e-mail!!! WTF!!! I sent e-mail and got responce that my account wasn't cancelled. Instead I had to go to the link and process concelation online. My password didn't go through. I had to change the password. I did. The new password didn't go through either... after too many access attempts they locked my account. I had to send e-mail requesting unlock my accesability. I got a responce it was unlocked. Still I could't access it...
They are going to charge me another 100$ for automated renewal. It set up as defolt when you give them your credit card number.
Their technical support is a joke. No phone numbers for billing inquries. All billing issues are done by e-mail... and they will make you run in circles to cancel account.
Stay away from JUSTHOST. They are not deserved your money.
 15th of Jan, 2010 by   triuiuio +1 Votes
I agree, Just Host makes fradulent claims. I transferred to another provider after 45 days of service. They do not have 99% uptime. More like about 75% uptime, their technical and billing support is lousy.
 21st of Mar, 2010 by   photo_bug +1 Votes
I have to agree with everything said above. My year with them is almost up. I'm switching to another hosting company. For the past two days I have been trying to copy all my files to my personal computer to make the switch but I can't access my website, cpanel, nothing.
I have to send them an email from my personal computer which doesn't help because they don't recognize the email address. I don't think they even read the email as they are not even referring to me by my name.
I sent them the email letting them know I keep getting time out errors and cannot connect to mysql database and they send me back an email saying they are going to forward my ticket to the billing department. Billing department? I tell them it's a technical issue not a billing issue.
My site eventually was up for about two hours which allowed me to copy most of my files then went down again. Sometime during that two hour period when my site was up they sent me an email stating my website is up and running and they don't see any issues. Shortly after reading their email my site was down again.
My year with them ends soon and I'm hoping I can get all my files before that time, I have four websites that I'm not into recreating them all.
I have had issues with them quite often during the last year, one time after asking them a question (not asking them to do anything to my site) they got into my .htaccess file and changed it and never did answer my question.
Beware, beware.
 4th of Jun, 2010 by   S Michaels 0 Votes
They said they would transfer my domain and then when it was lost said it was my tough luck
 15th of Jun, 2010 by   The Duck 0 Votes
They claim 99.9% uptime (like all other webhosts) but only deliver a maximum of about 75%. Thier Online chat support is usually responsive but just tell you what you already know ("we are experiencing issues with the server your site is hosted on").

If you have a personal website and can afford downtime, they are cheap and maybe OK for you. If you are thinking about running a company website via them, then I would avoid.
 17th of Aug, 2010 by   JanJarrell 0 Votes
They advertise UNLIMITED GBs on their homepage but threatened to suspend my site (after going back and forth with them for weeks over time-outs and down time) because my site had reached 14 GB. I have reported them to the BBB tho I doubt it'll do much good.

I plan to move my site asap to a hosting company that does not LIE in their advertising and that is interested in helping you when there are HUGE issues that need to be resolved. DO NOT sign on with these liars. They are NOT as advertised.
 13th of Jan, 2011 by   Gosite 0 Votes
TBH i have found another site for you guys to check out they are new and really GOOD: http://starlophost.com
My Friend had suggested it to me.
 2nd of Apr, 2011 by   Silkysmooth2 +1 Votes
I signed up over just over 2 years ago to the £47.52 every 2 years package.
Received email yesterday about renewal, a massive £166+, I fighting over email with them now to get it down. Poor poor service.
 26th of May, 2011 by   frenagd 0 Votes
i agree. they ARE the worst. i've had other unsatisfactory webhosts but i always got my money back on cancellation. NOT these guys.

their communication on problems is useless. they resolve nothing. they refund nothing. they are totally all about getting your money and then -- NOTHING.

since they are also overseas, you can't even report them to oversight bodies like State Attorney Generals, FTC or anybody.

i really advise anyone considering these guys NOT to do it.
 11th of Jul, 2011 by   John12521 0 Votes
I bought two years of hosting from justhost, and this is the first time I've ever bought something online and been ripped off so shamelessly.

Within 4 days there was a problem with the site due to the resource limit, that's understandable and I asked for a refund since it turned out not to be a suitable hosting solution for the site. BUT two months later I'm yet to be refunded. Despite the promise of an 'anytime refund'.

Their refund department, after a little bit of negotiating agreed on an appropriate figure. However, that's as far as it got. When I wrote to confirm I'd like the refund, they sent some random automated reply that was totally irrelevant to the situation. I asked twice more, waiting patiently between mails. They are definitely ignoring me.
Furthermore I've been locked out of the control panel (they appear to have changed my password), so I have no hosting now either.

Every step of the way they try to sell you something, they are very slick at making sales, and it seems they use the even more ruthless tactics to profit from departing customers.

Unfortunately because I paid with PayPal and the 45 days within which I can dispute has elapsed. It's horrible when a company makes you jump through hoops to get your money back, but even worse when after all that, they pocket your money, add you to some 'ignore this customer' list, and there's absolutely nothing you can do about it.

At the end of the day, it is among the cheapest hosting you can get. But these people are crooks. I've seen reviews that the exact same farcical things have happened to other people. Only use this company if you are desperate. If you can afford it, go with a half decent and legitimate company.

Hosting companies I've hosted within include, BlueHost, Hostgator, Lunarpages, openmindhosting, KnownHost, ServerLoft. I definitely recommend all those companies, BlueHost and Hostgator offer good cheap hosting packages.

In case anyone is interested, here's a transcript of my conversation with their refund department:

Dear Sir/Madam,

Sorry to bother you once more, but I've still not been refunded, and after waiting a few days justhost haven't even replied.
I'm not sure if the last technician was following the conversation but I have been offered a $50.80 refund by Addie Saber (see below). This is because the site was only hosted 4 days, even though two months have elapsed since, the site hadn't been online at all during that time, so it was agreed justhost would waive the hosting charge. There was a problem with the hosting, it just wasn't the right fit for my site (we needed more resources, and within 4 days it was exceeding what this hosting package allowed).
I accept this refund.

If it helps speed things up, here are details of my payment:

PayPal Subscription Payment (Unique Transaction ID *****************)
Amount: $80.75 USD

From: *********************
To: refunds@justhost.com
Subject: FW: [#2579281] refund
Date: Fri, 8 Jul 2011 22:16:09 +0000

My previous message was met by an automated response, that seemed out of context, I'm not sure what's going on.
So I am writing once more to clarify, I would like to take the $50.80 refund.

The domain is: *********.com
Thank you.

Regards,

**** ******

From: **********************
To: refunds@justhost.com
Subject: RE: [#2579281] refund
Date: Fri, 8 Jul 2011 16:08:45 +0000

I would like to take the refund.
Thanks

> Date: Sat, 2 Jul 2011 00:25:13 -0400
> To: *********************
> From: refunds@justhost.com
> Subject: Re: [#2579281] refund
> Hi John,
> I apologize for the issue. I can confirm we can refund the amount of $50.80 after deducting $20 for domain registration fee. Please let us know how you wish to proceed.
> Kind Regards,
> --
> Addie Saber
> Cancel Department
 13th of Sep, 2011 by   Ombuds 0 Votes
Justhost is the worst. They put in their terms and conditions that if you exceed X amount of memory usage, they will suspend your account. So they suspend my account, and lock me out, and FORCE me to upgrade to this $149 per month dedicated server.

This is ridiculous, and there is no way to get all my files and sites back.

Just Host FOR THE LOSE.
 4th of Oct, 2013 by   Advance Step Marketing 0 Votes
To ERIC

who paid for instant SEO, I feel your situation, however some search into how SEO works would have made you aware that the process is not instant, and the three months they stated to you is still too short, unless you're paying for PPC ads which can cost more than it's worth at the end. SEO can easily take a year just to be on the first 3 pages (legitimately).

There are many websites that sell instant SEO packages for dirt cheap, but when Google or Bing find out (and they will), you're website is considered as SPAM or Junk. Ping-o-matic is one of the sites these types of companies use to spam all the search engines.

As for hosting, we've had our share of shady servers. We currently use GoDaddy because we got a good discount at the time, but Hostgator seems to be the best.

Social Security Identity Theft