logo

Just Fabulous Contacts & Informations

Posted: 2011-02-08 by    UnhappyChic29

Shady Subscription Policies

JustFab.com
BEWARE! The site does not make it clear, but this is a shoe of the month club. Usually monthly clubs have this blazing everywhere. This site does not! It's very sneakily hidden. I'm a seasoned web user and online marketer, so I know how clearly things should be explained. And they FAIL in making it known that they are a monthly club. In fact, the reminder emails they send do not even mention a charge if you do not opt out of your monthly charge by the 5th. I've enclosed a screen shot of this. See anywhere about a charge? Nope! When I called the company to complain, I got nowhere and then I got hung up on. I cannot tell you how BAD this is from a web usability standpoint. What reason do they have to downplay the "membership" other than to trick people into subscribing? None!

Comments United States Clothing, Shoes & Acc
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

8th of Feb, 2011 by   mahtaby21@yahoo.com 0 Votes
So true, what can i do about this?
 8th of Feb, 2011 by   mahtaby21@yahoo.com 0 Votes
I totally agree, this company is a total scam and their merchandise is below any even quality shoes I ever bought.
 8th of Feb, 2011 by   mahtaby21@yahoo.com 0 Votes
What can I do about this to get my mone back?
 8th of Mar, 2011 by   LifeHappens -2 Votes
I <3 JustFab! I have a great experience. :-)

Sorry you had an issue but I guess it's a $39.99 lesson learned for you.

Next time... READ THE TERMS, CONDITIONS & FAQ's on ANY website before joining!

If you actually read the part where you click, I AGREE, when signing up you would have read about that!!!
"JustFab's VIP members have that luxury. This monthly VIP program grants you access to style experts and the most up-to-the-minute shoes and handbags. Every month, our fashion gurus will email you a customized collection of shoes and/or handbags that were selected just for you."

Go back to the site and read their Terms & Conditions, which you agreed to!

BEST OF LUCK!

In case you can't find them... Here's the link to the FACTS from their site:
READ:
6. JustFabulous VIP Membership Program
"JustFabulous is a monthly VIP membership program that grants you access to celebrity stylists, personal shoppers and runway-worth styles. Once you become an official VIP Member of JustFabulous, you will be required to decide if you want to make a purchase or Skip This Month by the 5th of the month. If you don't choose any option, then you'll be charged $39.95 on the 6th day of the month. The $39.95 includes one fabulous item, our celebrity stylists' efforts in choosing selections for you and free shipping. We know that although our members love fashion, not everyone wants a new item every month. That's why we've made it easy to skip any month. Simply visit your Boutique between the 1st and the 5th of the month and select the Skip This Month option. You won't be charged that month, and we'll still send you new options the next month. If you have a change of heart, you can visit your Boutique at any time and make a selection even after you've elected to skip the month. You can only skip the month by visiting your Boutique; at this time, customers are not able to skip the month via voicemail or email. If you are new to JustFabulous and have not made your first purchase, your credit card will not be charged and you do not need to request to skip the month. But we still recommend you take some form of action so that we know you'd like to continue receiving monthly selections."
 9th of May, 2011 by   Maricao 0 Votes
I agree! I had the same issue. Justfab should make it blatanley obvious to all (and not just in the small prints, so to speak, of the terms and conditions) that not reading their monthly email within 5 days of being sent has a financial implications on YOU... because once you've made a purchase, a mothly 39.95 fee will be charged to your card, even if you didn't purchase anything. Get over yourselves justfab! You're no different than the usual junk email we get from other stores, except other stores don't charge the consumer for deleting or not making their email a priority. Furthermore, the shoes are not of good quality. The main page of their website states that its an easy return polity but again only in terms and conditions do they tell you that there is a restock fee.
 10th of May, 2011 by   genniangel 0 Votes
I called when they charged my card and they said they were going to refund my money. I actually went on there and pressed the button that said I don't want any shoes this month but I guess they ignored that. Oh..and if there are any problems you have to call them during the day. if you want to cancel your membership, you have to call them...but if you want to join...all you have to do is sign up online. When you call to cancel your membership they badger you to try to make you stay. I only joined because I was helping a friend buy some shoes for his wife. Sad that they resort to these kinds of business practices in order to sell some shoes. Oh..and if you email them...they don't even read your email..and then you get a form letter in return.
 9th of Jun, 2011 by   mizboo76 -1 Votes
I am a customer of Justfab.com and their "club" is well defined maybe it wasn't when you sighned up. when I followed the link from Facebook I read all the policies and I was aware that if I didn't pick a shoe for the month my debit/credit card would be charged 39.95 and it would be a credit on my account should I wish to place an order at a later time. I also receive the emails that advised you when you have to "opt out" of making a purchase for the month to prevent your debit/credit card from being charged. If you don't like teh shoes don't put your debit/redit card on file it is not asked for unless you are placing an order. READ THE FINE PRINT, PAY ATTENTION TO THE POLICIES. All you people on here blasting justfab because you were too ignorant to read the policy of the club clearly it is YOUR OWN FAULT IF YOU WERE CHARGED FOR ITEMS BECAUSE YOU FAILED TO OPT OUT I admit the poliy is long and boring but if I am going to join your club I need to know all the rules, regulations, policies, charges, etc. Columbia House and Doubleday book club have the same policy as far as their "featured selections" go if you don't log into your account and "opt out" purchasing the "featured selection" your debit/credit card will be charged and the item(s) shipped. READ THE INFORMATION BEFORE YOU START PROVIDING YOUR PERSONAL AND FINANCIAL INFORMATION TO ANYONE. I have had wonderful customer service and my emails are always responded to in a reasonable amount of time . Get over it. BOTTOM LINE it is your own fault for not reasearching the vendor and reading theit privacy policies that CLEARLY HAVE A LINK FOR YOU TO READ BEFORE YOU SUBMIT YOUR INFORMATION FOR REGISTRATION ON THE SITE. Just fab has beeb good to me and I have had no problems wht so ever. I love the shoes I have purchased and I have never been charged for a month in which I opted out to make a purchase for that month.
 9th of Jun, 2011 by   genniangel +1 Votes
Well...you may like cheap shoes and bogus policies...but I don't...so i choose to not use their fraudlant services. Oh and I did opt out...they claim that it didn't "take" and I was charged anyway. and I think that calling peoploe ignorant in todays world...is not so smart. I' mglad you are happy with it..but it isn't for everybody. This is called a complaint board...if you aren't complaining...get out.
 9th of Jun, 2011 by   genniangel +1 Votes
Well...you may like cheap shoes and bogus policies...but I do not...so i choose to not use their fraudlant services. Oh and I did opt out...they claim that it did not take and I was charged anyway. and I think that calling peoploe ignorant in todays world...is not so smart. I amglad you are happy with it..but it is not for everybody. This is called a complaint board...if you are not complaining...get out.
 13th of Jun, 2011 by   gotsuckered5700 0 Votes
I got suckered too. It's clear most of the "I love Just Fabulous!" comments are placed by their people, or "friends". This model violates EVERY point of internet marketing ethics ever published. I'm going to reverse the charge on my credit card just to create a little work for the scammers. Unlikely it will stick but it'll be fun for a moment.
 8th of Aug, 2011 by   Jessica Haynes 0 Votes
I recently signed on with this account and purchased a pair of shoes that looked like a reputable pair of heels online. When I recieved them in the mail several days later, they looked like I ordered them from Fisher Price. Hidious. Completely dissatisfied with the shoes I went to the website to cancel my membership and read return policies. I had to call them in order to process all of this. I was on hold for 40 minutes before talking to a consultant... and she was unable to fulfill my request. It does not specify in the terms and conditions that the 39.95 refund is not authorized to a dissatified customer of a previous purchase. The payment is still pending in my account. I want to cancel my membership which will remove any credits, but keep my money? I asked to talk to a supervisor who would be able to authorize a refund, and I was told they were in a meeting and unable to talk. I will make sure everyone knows the horrible experience I have had with this company. Better Business Bureau is my next stop.
 14th of Aug, 2011 by   lis.jones +1 Votes
Wow so glad that I did my homework! I just bought some shoes off of there and I litterally had no idea they charge every month. Granted you get a pair of shoes every month by opting to select out of the styles but still I had no idea. I love the site and love the shoes. I just wish they had put that out there a bit more but at the end of the day you should read the terms and conditions you agree to.
 25th of Aug, 2011 by   C.J.1 +1 Votes
Columbia Records/JustFab... Remember back in the day when a CD would come in the mail & you had to buy a quota before you could quit? This is the same thing - Seriously, who buys shoes through the mail on a regular basis???? Plus, all the shoes at this site look VERY cheap.
The last & only time I bought shoes through the mail was from Victoria's Secret. In the picture very cute! In person the thong style shoes were rough and hurt in between my toes. Never even wore them outside. That was a waist of big$$
If you are too lazy to go to a real store (even if you want cheap shoes "Payless"), try getting a Visa Gift Card in the dollar amount you are willing to lose and put that into their site. Or go through PayPal - stop being sooooo willing to give out Credit Card info to everyone on line! That's why scams/over-sites happen so easy breezy. JUST LOOKIN OUT!!!
 31st of Aug, 2011 by   cheresej 0 Votes
I got an email right before the 5th mentioning to me to skip the month to avoid being charged. Also, like any savvy internet shopper, I read the terms and conditions that I CHECKBOX opted into. The people complaining here need to take a little trip back to internet purchasing 101 and read terms. You might be amazed at what other companies sign you up for. Take a look at the big dogs, Amazon, ebay, etc. While it might not be monthly subscriptions you give away a lot more.

People need to be educated and notice that when you CHECK something called "I AGREE TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS" there might be something to that.
 31st of Aug, 2011 by   cheresej 0 Votes
I just posted, and here is a version of my email i got this month. Ya'll need to start reading and not just picking and choosing what to believe.

3rd of Sep, 2011 by   Shadow12 0 Votes
We had the same issue with chipro.com. We saved every E-Mail, since there was no phone number and mailing them a letter got us, NO WHERE. We tried The Better Business Bureau and the company didn't seem to react to that. So determined to get answers, we sent a letter to The Attorney General for the area that the company was in. THAT WORKED!!!
 8th of Sep, 2011 by   orenji +1 Votes
On their HOME page you cannot find the words "Subscription" "Club" "Membership" or anything that informs its readers that it is a subscription membership... The explanation is either in a video, which not everyone watches, or in their terms of service link all the way at the bottom of their site, which not EVERYONE reads.

Now... valid... we should all learn to read terms and conditions. But information such as their pricing system, should be prominent on their website. If it is not, they are depending on the fact that people will miss this information in order to make money off their mistakes. They also have a "no refund" policy when this mistake is done in order to ensure the money goes to them and their products, forcing you to buy with them. Even though you get a product for your money... it is still a very sleazy tactic...

The sad this is that the ones that DO read the terms and conditions defend JustFab because they expect everyone to be like them and read. But the fact is that the majority do not, and JustFab takes advantage of this fact. A lot of shady websites do, just as those vitamin sites charging you 80 dollars after your first purchase and they only say so in small print.

Bad customer service and bad ethics...
 10th of Sep, 2011 by   DivineJustice +1 Votes
I read the conditions, it does not say how you should opt out. It does not give clear instruction to go to the site or recieve an email. I called like a lawyer adn argued with my evidence. Just Fab did not send me an opt out email untill Sept 8th 2011. I had the email and the date for the evidence, they first tolde me that once they take my money out of the account they could not put it back. So they lied. Then I told them about the email. They checked and it was verified that they failed to send me the opt out until the 8th.

If they do not require a consumer to pay every month, they give us choice. Why cant we just buy when we want. What is there motivation to make you be at mercy of the oprt out and hassle? It gives them an advantage that you will forget, your internet may not work, your busy, in the hospital, at work etc..e nergencys happen and you will forget . The motive is there. If it wasnt, they would not automaticly take money out of your account when you are not at any liability to make a payment because you have choice to buy. That proves motivation to take advantage. Its been working aparently. If they allowed you on the site and you could pay when you wanted with them having now CONTROLS on your MONEY that would be the same thing, you having choice to buy but how can they manipulate and create opportunities to get more than you bargained for? There "VIP Membership" thats how and it is funny. VIP is for people who earn Very Importanmt Person...it in statistical findings takes more than one 39.95 dollar purchase and one day to hit VIP Level. But they need you on that VIP to protect them concerning their advantage they can get on your account. How funny in one day one purchase I am already a VIP, no its about them getting access to your account. They show much motive to be in a position of taking advantage by far.

Yes you can sign up via email and internet but cannot cancel.
they tried to bribe me and refused to cancell my account even when they knew they sent the opt out email three days after the last day to opt out and still hassled me. The rep sat at her cubicle for 27 minutes with me oin hold. It did not take nor did she go see the manager as she claimed because once she got verification about the late sent email, she hesistated to tell me she needed to speak to a manager about this and took another 10 minutes.

I am requoting another testimony because her is more facts showing motives...

Bad customer service and bad ethics...

Yes the shoes are pretty cheap but I more at fualt for that but for anyone in future, they are cheap hence it is only 39.95 and they do manipulate and do get away with free money and set you up to gain CONTROL on your account telling me that they then do not have a worth y enough business and product to run business without these sneaky Controls.
 10th of Sep, 2011 by   DivineJustice 0 Votes
oh since they bundle the shipping, dont forget you do not know the cost of the shipping, so it hides the cost of the shoes (value). The shoes could very well be from china and worth 10 dollars"...you dont know the break down...there is reason for that...any ligit business will break down your cost when it is in a bundle.
The shoes are heavy and the box...it could cost even 15 bucks and that is a common price for such a package...where is tax in all of this? How much is in tax?
 10th of Sep, 2011 by   DivineJustice 0 Votes
Oh VERY IMPORTANT! THEY STILL REFUSE TO CANCELL MY ACCOUNT. THEY HANG UP AND CANCELL. SO YOU MUST GET PROOF, BY AN EMAIL. RECORD YOUR PHONE CONVERSATION, EVEN IF YOU CANCELL YOUR CARD AND CHANGE YOUR BANK ACCOUNT THEY CAN TRY TO F UP YOUR CREDIT, THEY NEED BE SUED BECAUSE NOW THEY ARE REFUSING TO CANCELL PEOPLES ACCOUNTS WHEN IT SAYS THEY CAN IN THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS! AGAIN HERE WE GO WITH CONTROL...

Beware When Shopping Online