logo

Nuderma
they charge me 89.15 for a free sample
5. (55 mins ago)
IneedFinancialHelp.net
I paid and they didn’t give me a loan.

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Just Energy, Ottawa, Ontario Complaints & Reviews - Clueless idiots submitted my account to collection agency because they can't seem to change my address

Just Energy Contacts & Informations

Just Energy

Posted:    Micheline

Ottawa, Ontario
Canada
I tried to change my phone number and address with these bone heads, and they didn't get it back in June. Then in July I tried again. In September, I got a letter from a COLLECTION agency saying we owed $493.00 for breaking the contract. We hadn't broken the contract, we'd transferred it! So I call them again, and spend 3 hours on the phone (collectively, over three separate phone calls in one day) trying to get this sorted out. In the span of that 3 hours, I gave my new address and phone number more than SIXTEEN TIMES!!! These idiots never changed it! I finally ended the call with the manager, who promised the whole thing would be resolved. Guess what - a FINAL NOTICE from the collection agency now, November 16th!!! These morons are ruining my credit because their agents are CLUELESS and can't even manage an address change! I think this is a scam, because he had quoted me the rates that the energy companies are currently charging (6.5 and 5.7) and that means they won't make a profit! They're trying to get out of it and still make a profit off me! What's my recourse??? STAY AWAY from these people!!! Gee, I wonder why they changed their name from Ontario Energy Savings? Can you say 'scam'?

Comments Canada Utility Services
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

12th of Jan, 2010 by   home_osorio 0 Votes
a just energy door to door salesman visited our 3rd floor apartment the other night. he was saying he was affiliated with people's gas and he told me and my housemate to check people's gas website and under OTHER SUPPLIERS we would see JUST ENERGY as one of the affiliates of people's gas here in chicago. and he says that this is an energy saving protection plan and considering the increasing gas prices we should reconsider this energy saving protection plan. our native tongue is not english and we are filipino migrants. we were clearly overjoyed that finally we can save on gas because our bills are currently above average. good thing my mom was not home that time and he even talked to my mom on the phone! my mom was also excited about this and she agreed to meet him tomorrow wednesday to sign the contract! finally we could save on gas for 5 long years.

i was about to go to sleep now but something kept bothering me about JUST ENERGY. so i typed JUST ENERGY on google and the first thing that popped up was JUST ENERGY SCAM and all those other COMPLAINTS and BBB's OBSERVATION about this company!

what BBB was saying was all exactly what happened to me and my housemate the other night. BBB said that they mostly prey on non native english speakers. that they will have door to door salesman knocking on every door. that they offer 5 year contracts. that we can terminate the contract ANYTIME. (too good to be true). that we would be saving money. basically all that BBB said I DO AGREE. i am SO SO SO GLAD that i JUST FIND all these bad reports about JUST ENERGY. i just called my mom and told her TO NEVER SIGN ANY CONTRACT WHEN THAT GUY COMES BACK TOMORROW. my mom is not at home at this night.

she said she will not meet the guy tomorrow. I REALLY HOPE SO.
 4th of Feb, 2010 by   gmaldonado 0 Votes
honestly im on just energy's 5 year program and i havent had a single problem, i know a lotof the people that have complained, are really just lazy and cant pay their bills, but the problems most people face could happen to them with any provider. Still, it all depends on what program works best foor you i guess
 5th of Feb, 2010 by   erik valenza 0 Votes
I agree with Michelle. Just Engery has been connecting me for the eight months about my change of address. I have submitted all the paperwork that they have asked for, numberous times. Yet, they are still unable to waive the $80 cancelation fee. Everytime that they i tell them that i have submitted all everything that they asked for but the rep. always comes back and says that i need additional documents. What a pain.

18th of Feb, 2010 by   M-S 0 Votes
I am with Just Energy ... and I have had nothing but problems with them and their billing. I am not one not to pay my bills but still having my account in delinquent 3 weeks after I have made a payment to them is pathetic. hence it shows that I am late... since it never posted on their side! this is merely a clever way for them to scoop late fees from there customers.
 23rd of Feb, 2010 by   cruz69 0 Votes
Well Just energy sounds fishy almost like the smell of salesman that came to my door man did he stink any way yes I did sign with this company (Just Energy) as of the 21st of Feb and somthing didnt seem right I got thinking about what the salesman said go to our web site
and regester and our company will put your name in for a draw to go see Toronto mapleleafs home game I signed the agreement that night, Yes I know how stupid of me to fall for that, but I had a few drinks that night but I read all the reports on Just Energy today Feb 23rd I have not yet canceled my agreement but I will as soon as I figure it out

8th of Mar, 2010 by   erik valenza 0 Votes
Update. I sent my Drivers License and new bill with current address again for the forth time. The documents were sent on 2-27 and only my nicor bill was processed on 3-6! So once again i need to resend my drviers license. Its almost like they dont want to process my records. This has been going on for about a year now. I HATE JUST ENERGY!

24th of Mar, 2010 by   elimay 0 Votes
This company is a joke.. I called to set up and account with them and gave them my address and they ended up giving service to some other address and I ended up having to pay my apartments electric company $150 because Just Energy never gave me service. I called and argued about it and they said that it appeared to be a client mistake and that i would have to be responsible for the charges on that account even when I have an e-mail that they sent me with the correct address that i provided to them. So know I'm waiting on these morons to do a "Q A investigation" to see who was really at fault. I cannot tell you how upset I'm about the situation, I would definitely NEVER recommend this company!!!
 1st of Apr, 2010 by   Complaint Thieves 0 Votes
STAY AWAY FROM JUST ENERGY! THEY ARE THEIVES AND MUST BE A SCAM!!! These people could not change our address in their computer (or didn't just to get more money out of us). We moved, I gave them our new address and information they needed, and they sent me a final notice 3 months ago saying I would be sent to Collections if I did not provide my information and I would have to pay over $225.00. I gave them my information 3 different times and on the third time they called me back within 5 minutes saying my information was erased and they need to get it again. At first I am thinking they are just incompetent, now I think they do this on purpose to send people to Collections asking for more money. Last week we received a letter from a Collections agency saying we now owed more than $318.00. They refuse to close our account even though we paid the Collections agency and still continue to charge us on our bills. THey also refuse to provide anything in writing saying we have provided our information, we have paid Collections and our account is closed. Never trust a company who refuses to put things in writing. The whole time they claimed I did not provide my information which is not true. They are the incompetent fools, or just trying to scam people out of more money. BEWARE OF THIS COMPANY. DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THEM!!! There must be a way to stop these people from stealing money from more innocent victums!!!
 2nd of Apr, 2010 by   BluemanZZZ 0 Votes
Any dealings or correspondence with this company must be done with Double Registered Mail. IE: You get a card back with the Printed Name and Signature of whoever accepted it. Emails must be sent requiring a delivered as well as a read receipt. This is the only proof you will have of them actually receiving anything you sent them .

Or you can just stay away from them as well as any other long term energy contracts. They are all set way higher than the month to month rates. Remember the old saying that "there is no such thing as a free lunch" well the same goes for utility billings, there is no such thing as lower rates.
 5th of May, 2010 by   Kanata1986 0 Votes
Just Energy Charges Double What my Energy company Charges me My Friend is with them and has a bill of ($135.00) and has no outstanding balance where as My Company Charges me ($68.00) for every 2 months !! somthing is deffinately Not right with that company at all !!! Do Not Trust Just Energy !!!
 10th of May, 2010 by   fati_20 0 Votes
dont do anything with JUST ENERGY i just went to apply for a job at the company...it is obviously a scam all they did was say how great they were and gave us unrealistic goals...the five year period is basically like a 5 year sentence with them you cant leave them its so profitable for them to keep a customer for 5 years and they could scam you without even knowing
my advice dont apply for this company and dont do business with them they are fakes and scamers.
they basically hire anyone with no experience and rude staff too. their managers are so bad that they only take 6-9 months to become managers just imagine the lack of experience that these managers have no wonder they cannot do simple tasks.
HORRIBLE HORRIBLE
 11th of May, 2010 by   wendy hu 0 Votes
just had a sales person come to the door, quit the talker but didnt fall for their scam, since they wanted cash on the spot to switch and wanted my current natural gas and power bill, ya sure I''m gonna hand these over to a stranger at my door, told her to give me the pamplet and will let hubby look it over as he's ot home- lol I dont have a hubby but it got her to leave

her speel was that they won't charge us for distribution rates like other companies do- hmmmmm so how do I get the natural gas- go get it myself lol
 6th of Jun, 2010 by   just energy scammmmmmmm 0 Votes
WHAT EVER U DO, DON'T SIGN UP FOR PRICE PROTECTION. What a rip off. Just energy, formally US energy saving have never saved anyone a dime. In most cases customers are charged anywhere from twenty to fifty percent more per cubic foot, for there gas supply charge. Currently in buffalo the rate for gas is .54 cents the lowest its been in probably six years, JUST ENERGY is currently signing customers up at .90 cents. Thats almost double. IT only gets worst though, in addition the sales people will sign you up for something called green energy. The purpose for this is described by them, as to offset the carbon emissions that your homes burn off. What they really mean i that they are going to add on anywere between .4 to .20 cents extra on top of ur already high rate. So worst case senerio, if u signed up with these some how legal scam artists today you would be paying 1.10 cents per cubic foot instead of .54 cents if u stayed with your utility. More than double what u should be. IF this happened to u call up and cancel ur CONTRACT now. If they give u shit, tell them u are being over charged and you feel like u have been scammed. Demand to have them cancel ur contract and that ur not paying any cancellation fees. If they argue with u, threaten to call the public service commision. Since they being sued all the time they don't want any more bad press. anyway F*ck Them
 7th of Jun, 2010 by   Laurapacsun 0 Votes
I have a serious problem with a Missouri electric co.and I have only 4more days untill doom!my mother and her husband rented a house then seperated and I bought this house, now, I had the elec.put in my name and the company put there bill on my bill as of last month!!!2310.00!!!by fri these ppl want there money or it will be disconected!!!WTH??????I have children, and this bill is not even mine !!!we have a regular bill and now this bill!!!if anyone has any input on what to do?????plz let me know!!!
 9th of Jun, 2010 by   bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb 0 Votes
sounds like a tricky situation. Normally when u move into a new place, you would put the ultitliy bills in ur name, and if u had any outstanding charges or close out charges (due from a buget plan) from ur previous residence than they would carry over to ur new place. But you should not have to pay for the previous owner/renter past due bill. You should first call the utility company and talk with them and explain the situation.
 15th of Jun, 2010 by   rabiaa 0 Votes
I completely agree that JE is not orth working as a csr or a sales person. I worked for 4 months as my probation had got over after 3 months, but suddenly i was fired for no reason. My TM was working in Texas as he was training new people, but i did not get fired through my TM some silly dumbo TM pulled me out and had a 3 mints meeting saying that i dc the line while speaking to the customer. We were told at JE that if you do not hear any customers talking on the other line wait for 3 mints and leave a message saying u r releasing the call as no one is answering from other side which i always do whenever no one speak from the other side. I informed the other TM but he did not listen. Usually in a company after u completer your probation they cannot throw u out like that they usually give u 2 warnings before terminating you. I had no idea what was happening when the other TM told me this. I was doing so good, coming to work on time and my QA scores were also good. Just bcse JE had no work so they just throw employers out without a reason. I just want to compalin bout his company as this company has no good TM''S no proper guideance.
 14th of Jul, 2010 by   IKNOWWHATTODO 0 Votes
HAVE ANY ISSUES WITH "JUST ENERGY" DOES THEIR 1-800 NUMBER NOT WORK FOR YOU ... HERE'S SOMEONE YOU CAN CALL...

Domain name: justenergy.com

Expiration date: 23 May 2011 00:00:00
 28th of Jul, 2010 by   idk12 0 Votes
JE is BS and Andrew ur BS too u tall scum
 7th of Aug, 2010 by   bearmonk 0 Votes
you sould read what you sign it is still your utility company that bills you the only thing you do when buying from just energy is change supplyers
 17th of Aug, 2010 by   Independent Contractor vs. W-2 Employee 0 Votes
Just Energy started going door-door in MASSACHUSETTS recently and don't care that they think they are so powerful that they want to run the whole show..."I don't think so" DO not work for these people!!! they are dangerous... All they want is numbers and LIE like crazy to all of their recruits and break so many promises... Are you a 1099 (independent contractor) when you are told what to do, when to do it and how to do it? No you are not. LET me cut and paste a line out of the Massachusetts Attorney Generals' Labor description and definition of Employee vs. Independent Contractor status--- An Advisory from the Attorney General’s Fair Labor Division on
M.G.L. c. 149, s. 148B---First of all, there is what they call a three (3) prong test they give the certain situation and here is a line out of the first prong, final paragraph: Read this whole next line. For example, an independent contractor completes the job using his or her own approach with little direction and dictates the hours that he or she will work on the job... that is a period at the end of that statement and they want you to report in at 11 a.m.? and not finish up until 9 p.m.?, also say to sign in here (on a sign-in sheet) every day--for what? That is like you having to punch a clock. What? I don't think so!!! They also want you to go in a van or vehicles that are not yours and so that you are stuck where you are location-wise--I don't think so!!! So, if you are looking to be an independent contractor and are use to doing your own thing, they want to keep a leash on you and keep you restricted and not take your car out with you when you go out to the field---Where is the independence?? Is this an independent contractors status? Just Energy needs to get a new pay status for their sales reps and also pay them for all the time they consume and hours put in...All they are looking to do is get out of paying for unemployment insurance, Workers' compensation insurance and Health Benefits!!! Please, do yourself a favor and think about it--Do you want to pay an extra 15% in self-employment tax and have no deductions because they have had a leash on you and have treated you like a W-2 employee? Think about it twice and say NO!!!

Selling Your Phone For An Upgrade