logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (10 mins ago)
Fairpoint Communications
deceit-billed for services don't have- holding my deposit- cancelled service-unable to talk to manager
2. (17 mins ago)

JUST ANSWER

Posted:    Randy Moomaw

FRAUD

Just Answer
I've been charged $48 for NOTHING. I have no idea why this showed up on my credit card bill on 12/07 . They are a scam.

Listed on my bill as:
Just Answer Experts My JABILL.COM CA

Comments United States Online Scams
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

7th of Jan, 2009 by   claribel 0 Votes
I JUST WANT TO CHANGE MY CARD ACCOUNT WITH JUST ANSWER. HOW CAN I DO THAT.
 27th of Oct, 2009 by   masonicboom 0 Votes
I typed my question in a search engine which took me to Just Answer who did not disclose their practices before asking me to agree to a dollar amount if my question was answered with 100% satisfaction.
As soon as I gave them my paypal info, I was charge 28.00 which I did not authorize.
I filed a dispute with paypal and then they marked my question as closed by the moderator but did not refund.
How much more of a SCAM could this possibly be.
BEWARE JUST ANSWER is a crooked operation beyond beleif !!
 11th of Jan, 2010 by   michelle2010 0 Votes
You can see here http://www.paymentmax.com/
 23rd of Jan, 2010 by   n.reilly 0 Votes
I don't recognize the company or charge. I did contact someone about a pet problem but the
charge was to be $33, not $60.
 22nd of Mar, 2010 by   TAnnS 0 Votes
Yes, this is happening to me, I just called my Am Ex and they are investigating, the one thing I do remember is calling a Vet Expert and they were very helpful but when I was asked if I wanted to join this club to get all the expert advice on a monthly basis, I turned it down, but since they had my credit card number they have been charging my account...it never hurts to really look at your statement. This is why I do not like ordering anything on the computer...
 30th of Mar, 2010 by   buatista 0 Votes
not what I expected. pricing was confusing.
 14th of Apr, 2010 by   pamupsetcustomer 0 Votes
I have the exact thing on my credit card. I did ask a question on Just answer but never received a response.
 14th of Apr, 2010 by   gail trace 0 Votes
I too have a complaint. In Feb. 2010 I asked for some help on my computer where I was having problems. They never gave me any help but charged me twice with the total of $29.00! I will never give out my credit card no. again for something like this. They are a scam for sure. Gail
 22nd of May, 2010 by   atelier 0 Votes
I guess JustAnswer feels like you want to ask a question every month, so they charge you $24.00 just in case.
I have attempted to contact them through their website, but my emails aren't responded to.
Next effort is to have MasterCard not pay them. Waiting for the response to that.

Definitely something fishy here. I'd like an 800 number posted on their website.
 13th of Jun, 2010 by   R E Jensen 0 Votes
I too asked for information and had to give them a cc no. The money was taken (17.00) out of my account but never heard from them again. I have tried to contact them but they never return messages. From what I gather someone is getting very rich and they need to be stopped with the help of the law or I would be willing to make a trip if I knew how to find them. Its the principal. R E Jensen
 1st of Jul, 2010 by   Ruth Seddon 0 Votes
just ask took my money and never answered my question
 9th of Jul, 2010 by   B.E. 0 Votes
The same has happened to me. Monthly charges for the last 3 months for a 'Subscription' I never signed up to. Visa have cancelled my card and reissued a new one which they say may stop future payments. They are also sending me a claim form for them to consider taking action on my behalf. The instructions to unsubscribe on the website from the 'MY Account' page do not work, but if you follow the instructions in the FAQ's 'How can I cancel my subscription', then it does appear to stop it. But will not know for sure until my next statement arrives from Visa! B.E., England.
 25th of Jul, 2010 by   deb polacek 0 Votes
I was also charged for a veterinarian's answer, when all he said back was to consult my family veterinarian. I did not accept his answer, but yes I did give my CC # for payment if I would've accepted it. I got my CC bill today and there it was! I went straight to their site trying to find a phone number, etc. Then I started finding these different complaint sites like this one. I should have done my homework first:( It looks like the BBB is involved in hundreds of cases like ours. They have solved some but not all. I will be calling JustAnswer, hoping to get them to reverse the charge ($18.00 is not that much, but it's the principle of it) and possibly cancel my CC account if I'm not happy with their response.
It just ticks me off that all I wanted was some "expert" advice for a good old dog that I truly love and it turns out to be a dishonest person or group of people trying to make dishonest money. Shame on them! Here is the contact info for JustAnswer.com if anyone is interested.
Business Contact and Profile for JustAnswer Corporation

Entity: Corporation
Incorporated: July 2007, DE
Employees: 35
Type of Business: Internet Services
BBB Accreditation: JustAnswer Corporation is a BBB Accredited business.

Products and Services of JustAnswer Corporation
This company offers paid question-and-answer service on the Internet.
 5th of Aug, 2010 by   Lee Taylor 0 Votes
I gladly paid Larry, the appliance repairman, for his advice on my sludgy Bosch dishwasher. I was thrilled to know this site existed and that I could get help on any number of subjects.
I selected the $18.00 option. My account was debited another $18.00 for a "deposit" which I had no knowledge of when I opted to use this site.

I have left a message with the "Customer Contact" number just now to have my account credited.
I hope that I am NOT left holding my breath.

Even though this site claims to be BBB accredited, I will call the BBB if I do not get a return call and satisfaction.
I agree with Ms. Polacek, it's the principal, though in my case it IS the money, as my husband had a stroke, and if I could've afforded an in-person repairman I would have called one.

VERY DISSATISFIED,
Lee Taylor
 27th of Aug, 2010 by   Beatrice Evans 0 Votes
I was charged twice for 1 answer $ 18.00 one month and another 18.00 the next...
 31st of Aug, 2010 by   iceman444443 0 Votes
I was also charged $28 for nothing. I asked a question and their rep. (s4sys), asked a question which I answered. A week later and I'm still waiting for a reply and noticed my credit card was charged and my case was noted as closed. Certainly seems like a scam to me.
 31st of Aug, 2010 by   iceman444443 0 Votes
The initial charge by Just Answer is a refundable good faith deposit. BUT try getting it back when they do not answer your question. The 888 customer service number stated above does not work - it is a recorded message to send an email to www.justanswer.com/refund. There you will find a form as to why you want a refund. I checked "did not receive a reply" and clicked on send. Then I realized how do they know who is requesting a refund. There is no request to provide any information. Looking back I can't see any information for customer service on their web site. No email address whatsoever and no telephone number. I should have known better that when they don't want to talk to you, you pass on everything.
 14th of Sep, 2010 by   knitwitt 0 Votes
Who are they and why isn't there a phone # with their charge as there is with others? I did not give them my card #, I did not "ask a question", and I did not authorize a charge. So my only recourse is- go online and ask why they charged me, then wait til they charge me for asking about this unwarranted charge? I do not give my acct. # to places I'm unfamiliar with, so how did they get it? How do I find their business address & phone?
 14th of Sep, 2010 by   deb polacek 0 Votes
I copied and pasted their information "51 days ago", see above. It paid off because last month my charge account was credited the $18.
After calling and a couple of emails, I finally found the correct site that took some action...it is www.justanswer.com/refund. Good luck, hope it helps!
 23rd of Oct, 2010 by   mary mccullagh 0 Votes