logo

themagicvine.com
The magic vine is fake
2. (1 mins ago)
Hotvoip.com
Money paid but not credited
3. (5 mins ago)
dollarcollect.com
Fault info and seller doesn’t communicate with the clients
4. (10 mins ago)
Corrupt thugs

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

JRS Media solutionsGrant CD, East Bridgewater, Massachusetts Complaints & Reviews - Unauthorized credit card charges

JRS Media solutionsGrant CD Contacts & Informations

JRS Media solutionsGrant CD

Posted:    Susan Boyle

Unauthorized credit card charges

JRS Media solutions
East Bridgewater, Massachusetts
I order the Federal and Private Grant CD online for free with a shipping fee of $1.25. I did not know you had only 7 days to try it out from shipping date. I had not even opened the CD to try it when I found that my credit card had been charged unauthorized for two fees one $7.95 and another for $39.95. When I tried to find a number for customer service to cancel at any time, there was no listing for JRS Media Solutions
in New York on West Broadway. After countless hours on the computer trying to find the company, I finally googled the address it had been shipped from and came across multiple complaints similar to mine--Unauthorized billing to credit cards. One of the complaints listed a phone number for the grant cd company JRS Media solutions, which I then contacted customer service. The women I spoke with has assured me that the charges will be taken off and gave me confirmation numbers for each charge. She did however try to have me use the cd. Told her it had not even been opened, didn't realize the hidden fees and want to cancel the entire order.
Comments United States Online Scams
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

25th of Feb, 2009 by   Shannon -1 Votes
Thank you for writing this complaint. I was going to purchase this but I decided to research JRS Media Solutions that is when I saw this complaint. I have been scammed before with companies like this. So now I am more careful when I see items on line claiming to be free but give your credit card info to pay for shipping. Another red flag that these companies are dishonest, is when you try to pay with a gift card, the purchase will now go through. These rip-off companies need to get money from your account every month. Stay way from inklineglobel for acai berry also the online tv and radio scams.
 25th of Feb, 2009 by   lizzy1 -1 Votes
Post the phone number I can call to cancel. I have searched for a number and have found nothing.

Thanks
 27th of Feb, 2009 by   Deb -1 Votes
I also got the CD for 1.99, then after receiving their confirmation email, I noticed that there were 3 different programs that ranged from 35.00 to 9.95 monthly charges. I immediately called the number to cancel this service, they said they didn't have it in their system yet. So I get a missed call today. I call them again to have them cancel my subscriptions, all of them, spoke with someone who sounded like they were from India, anyway after asking to have these subscriptions canceled this guy goes on asking why, I responded I didn't want them. He kept requesting that I at least try the programs. I finally had it, I got angry, asked for his name, which he gave as Ron Gates, and again asked to have these programs canceled. I didn't seem to get through to him, I understand they have quota's they have to meet, but not at my expense. I finally asked for his supervisor's name, which he said he didn't know. I asked who he reported to, I got no reply, Finally in a loud and angry voice I told him to cancel the programs, and if I found charges on my credit card starting next month I would contact my bank and have them reported as fraudulent charges. With that he finally said he would cancel these subscriptions. Well we'll see, you can bet I'll be watching my bank statements.

The phone number for their customer service is: 1-877-495-1145 and 1-877-495-1173
 2nd of Mar, 2009 by   Sunshine -1 Votes
I was signed up for this by someone who had gotten my credit card number...I was charged for 8 items, all at $6.00 and under over a two day period. I contacted the cc company and reported the fraudulent charges. They cancelled the card and reversed the charges. Then the products began arriving! This grant cd came as well as another work at home one. I wondered why I was receiving them all of a sudden and tossed them in the trash as they were nothing I wanted. Then a couple of other items arrived, the acai berry stuff mentioned above and Undamage skin cream. It was when I opened them that I realized my credit card compromise was to go on for a while. I will be returning all items and writing letters and waiting to start using my new credit card. I feel very violated by this whole thing.
 2nd of Mar, 2009 by   estell hughley -1 Votes
liars
 4th of Mar, 2009 by   StimulusMYas -1 Votes
You people are amazing. I can't believe you actually bought this junk. Then again, you voted for Obama and bought his fairytales of getting a nice fat check in the mail.

Welcome to the real world people, nobody is going to give you money for nothing.
 6th of Mar, 2009 by   JAT 0 Votes
To stimulusMYas: While I agree, there are no free rides. I say this to you; "Get over it you republican crybaby...you lost." Are you going to cry for four whole years, or try as a party to figure out how to stop pissing the majority of people off every time you DO gain office.
The only thing Obama WON was eight years worth of GOP & BIG BUSINESS ruled government mistakes and problems.
I wouldn't want to be him anymore than I want to be a republican.
NO I didn't vote democrat...but, I wish I had.

Later, JT
 9th of Mar, 2009 by   Charles Donaldson -1 Votes
To all customers that have been scammed on this CD for Government Grants I did some investigating & found that JRS MEDIA is in Pasig City, Phillipines which is a suburb of Manila I know this because my wife & 5 year old son are still living in the Phillipines while I'm still living in the U.S.
 9th of Mar, 2009 by   Marvin -1 Votes
Thak you for the complaint I got through on th 1-877-495-1145 in about 20 minuites and was able to cancel
 10th of Mar, 2009 by   ronald winegarden -1 Votes
I have all the same complaints as above hidden charges are a rip off.Live and learn
 3rd of Apr, 2009 by   tammy -1 Votes
Wisconsin

I ordered a cd that was "free" all you were supposed to pay was 2.29 for shipping and handling. It was a cd from JRS Media Solutions New York, NY. The cd was Your Federal & Private Grant CD, supposed to show you where to go to get government grants. I thought I was careful to watch for hidden costs and was confident there were none until I received my bank statement. I was automatically signed up for trial of 2 diff web sites and had to cancel in an alloted time or I would be charged 39.95 for one and 9.95 for the other. By the time I realized these charges were there they only dropped the first charge on 39.99 but said they couldn't drop the second and the 9.95 charge to www.networkagenda could not be dropped but both did cancel my "membership" upon my call. So I'm out 50.00 I wonder if this is how these companies make their money purely by scamming unaware victims. At least it was only 50.00. I will not be purchasing anything from unknown sites is a lesson I learned and if there's a phone number I think that's the better way to go so you can ask straight out if there are ANY other charges. I also notice the people seemed to be of a foreign country. Be aware of hidden charges they sneak them into the fine print. Read everything.
 23rd of Apr, 2009 by   kdjd 0 Votes
This company is a scam! I received the cd that was supposed to $1.25 but actually cost $2.29. Nothing was written about hidden fees and I was very dismayed to find that a $39.95 fee had been taken out of my bank account. I tried to find a phone number to cancel out my transaction and could not find one anywhere or any official website. I immediately called my bank which was able to provide a toll free number for the company. The number given to me was: 800-487-7085. Upon calling the company, I was given a run around on the programs and the guy kept trying to sell, sell, sell. He said the $2.29 fee was for shipping and the $39.95 fee was for the website which I had never opened either. I kept saying I wanted the charges reversed. I had to be very persistant. Finally after getting confirmation numbers, I was told of the two additional programs that were 'included' in the package that would also have charged me with additional fees. I was also given confirmation numbers to cancel the other two sites. These sites were Member Research something that I had never even seen before and there was another companion program that was not specified by name. Please don't fall for this scam!!
 2nd of May, 2009 by   Kevin +1 Votes
Hello all,
I have their address and phone number...not in NY. That is B.S. They are in L.A. I am filing a lawsuit against them and welcome the company. The phone number is (213) 232-0853. The address of the owner of this number is 806 85th Street, Los Angeles, CA 90013. The owner name is Maria Ogarcia. This is per paid reverse lookup. I didn't fall to the same misfunding as the rest of you. I kept receiving calls every 6 minutes after telling them to stop. They use automated recall that is illegal. They don't follow do not call protocol. Let's file a class action law suit. I am sueing them regardless...you should consider.
 4th of May, 2009 by   KiaGEM 0 Votes
I did not accept this offer, but JRS media has been calling nonstop since Friday!! They call me 3x in 1 hour. I have asked to speak to a supervisor and be placed on their DO not call list numerous times. They just hang up and say ok!! How do I get them to stop calling me??!!
 5th of May, 2009 by   TeaParty 0 Votes
From : StimulusMYas

All I have to say is ...He's RIGHT. There will be no stimulus checks, only MORE taxes, and ANYTHING on the net about free grant money is a TOTAL LIE ! Inform yourselves people! There is NOTHING FREE ! JEEZ!!!
 6th of May, 2009 by   KiaGEM 0 Votes
TeaParty...you are amazing! This has nothing to do w/Obama! I tihnk JRS Media has been terrorizing ppl for a while now. Why don't you find another forum to spill your hate against Obama! How soon we forget that your Prez, Mr George Bush gave ppl $600+ for stimulus checks, oh, but I'm sure that you forgot about that as though it never happened. Did you complain when your rec'd yours??!! No, don't think so! Go away and then come back 4 yrs from now and let's compare fairytales!!!

Ugh...Republicans Suck!!!
 14th of May, 2009 by   Joseph Schuldt 0 Votes
TODAY WE RECEIVED A PHONE CALL :

Our offices are located in Tallahassee and on 5/ 14/09
Thanks to this information we did not subscribe,

www.goodnewsoutreach.org
 17th of May, 2009 by   mackville 0 Votes
so...how do you stop a company like this? Personally I am tired of the 10 to 30 emails a day from ads listed on Craigslist, and have called, and even threatened with bodily harm some in the inbreds that run this show. Any ideas?
 1st of Jun, 2009 by   INES Q COMPTON 0 Votes
Holy MOly! WARNING! After reading the following website that calls itself a "consumer advocate " website, http://www.trustedgrantsources.com/our-trusted-grant-sources.php?t202id=2411&t202kw=, I was referred to this JRS MEdia Grant solutions package. Immediately, I checked out the terms and conditions of the grant product they offer. If you get charged the "It's too late to cancel during your trial period because YOU LET IT Lapse" full price of teh program before you can even OPEN the product, receive it in the mail, then THIS IS ADVOCATING FOR THEMSELVES AND NOT FOR THE CONSUMER. THEY ARE BASED OUT OF THE PHILIPPINES AND ARE NOT SUBJECT TO US LAW.

THOUGH IT SOUNDS LIKE THEY DO REFUND YOUR MONEY IF YOU REQUEST, HOW MANY PEOPLE ARE NOT AWARE OF ALL THE CHARGES THEY ARE ACCUMULATING? THE CHARGING PRACTICES OFJRS ARE NO GOOD. STAY AWAY.

TOO BAD BECAUSE GOVERNMENT GRANTS ARE AVAILABLE AND ARE WORTHWHILE LOOKING INTO. MORE GOVERNMENT GRANT MONEY STAYS IN THE GOVERNMENT'S POCKET THAN MONEY IS GIVEN OUT: BECAUSE QUALIFIED PEOPLE DO NOT APPLY . BY THE WAY, THE EXCESS THAT IS NOT USED BY THE PEOPLE IT IS SET ASIDE FOR, IT HAS IN THE PAST BEEN PUT GIVEN TO THE MILITARY TO SPEND.

IF YOU CAN GET FUNDED AND NOT USE YOUR OWN FUNDS TO FURTHER YOUR PROGRESS, YOU ARE MAKING MONEY ON THE MONEY YOU EARNED WHILE GOVERNMENT MONEY IS WORKING FOR YOU.

INES Q COMPTON
 3rd of Jun, 2009 by   seveerinc 0 Votes
DO NOT PURCHASE FROM JRS MEDIA SOLUTIONS. They are running a new scam now. I purchased an online kit from these people and was only supposed to pay 1.00 for shipping. Low and behold, AFTER they took the 1.00 shipping from my account they send me an email with all a link to another website alonge with a password and login. Which was not what i was supposed to get. I was supposed to get a disc in the mail. 6 days later i get a debit from my account for 83.00 from an "Internet Profit Genie" When i call the number, 1-866 - 699-8440. The guy picks up "not friendly at all" and says there is a 7 day free trial and there after is 83.00 per month for the service. Get this. They prebill you for the month and now you have no choice but to use the service for the month. I requested to cancel the service and he claimed i had been canceld but would not refund my money. The day you order counts as day one. Whether you order in the AM or PM. They debited my account on the 6th day, which i have records to show but claimed on there end it was the 8th day. BEWARE, DO NOT FOOL WITH THESE PEOPLE. DO THE RESEARCH ON ANYTHING THAT SAYS FREE ONLINE PROFIT, DON'T DO IT. ESCPECIALLY IF IT HAS ANYTHING TO TO WITH JRS MEDIA SOLUTIONS. THEY ARE USING GOOGLE'S NAME TO GAIN PEOPLE'S TRUST. THEY ARE NO WAY AFFILIATED WITH GOOGLE. GO HERE: http://www.losangeles-tribune.com/finance/indexb.php THIS IS HOW THEY ARE DRAWING PEOPLE IN. DO NOT FALL FOR IT.

Credit Card Company Calling Fraud