logo

Huge rip off

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Joseph Richards and Assoc/National Claims Recovery Svcs/US Claims Svcs, Bakersfield, CA Complaints & Reviews - Bogus Claims Recovery

Joseph Richards and Assoc/National Claims Recovery Svcs/US Claims Svcs Contacts & Informations

Joseph Richards and Assoc/National Claims Recovery Svcs/US Claims Svcs

Posted: 2013-11-21 by    NoThankQ

Bogus Claims Recovery

Joseph Richards and Assoc/National Claims Recovery Svcs/US Claims Svcs
3801 Pegasus Drive, Suite 101 Bakersfield, CA 93308
Phone: 1-800-995-2416
onlinecashclaims.com
Today I received a letter in the mail from the above company stating that my former electric company owed me a refund but had been "unable to contact" me. I knew that was a lie because the electric company in question sends junk mail addressed to me at my new address at least once a week. Their letter went on to state that if I send them $26.00 for a 'processing and search fee' I could then claim my refund. So - being the nosy little detective that I am, I began my research.

In fact the money WAS owed to me by my previous electric company. However, it was NOT necessary to send this "middle man" company, Joseph Richards, one copper penny to claim my refund. All I had to do was go to my state's official government website and search the unclaimed property section for any monies I may be due. A couple of clicks later I was able to print out a claim form and recoup every penny of the money that is rightfully mine. Joseph Richards - $0: Me - $250!! And just in time for Christmas!

So - don't send this company, or one like it, a dime. It's a bogus claim that the company that owes you money can't find you, and I knew this to be a fact. Instead, do your homework, check out your state's unclaimed property files (most have a way to do this online now) and get your money back. ALL of it!

You're welcome!
Comments United States Business & Finances
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

6th of Mar, 2014 by   johnfixesstuff 0 Votes
I too received a letter from Joseph Richards & Associates. I went and found the money myself and claimed all $500 of it. I chronicled the whole process on my blog at http://johnfixesstuff.blogspot.com/2013/11/joseph-richards-associates-scam-or-opportunity.html

Can a Bus Beat a Plane?