logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (1 mins ago)
CheapOAir
Dirty dealing, lying and fraud
2. (1 mins ago)

Posted:    M de Villiers

Faulty New Bike

Jonway
South Africa
I bought a new Jonway 250 Scooter in March 2009. The first problem was that it overheated. The dealer where we bought the scooter, replaced the thermostat. Then the fan stopped working, and it was replaced. Suddenly oil started leaking out of the oilcap, when we opened it, the oil spilled onto the ground in a gush, the dealer said that the petrol was leaking into the engine?? He claimed the headgasket had not been fitted correctly, and caused the problem. The bike was sent to Jonway Johannesburg for repairs.
Since the indicators and the odometer were also acting up, we asked them to please replace them. After four weeks the bike came back with the following on the job sheet - replaced fuses and thermostat...the bike came back on the second of October. Then it started blowing fuses, we complained about this ( six fuses in five days) and the bike was sent back to Jonway Headoffice on the sixth of October, with promises from the workshop manager about replacing all the wiring and electrical devices. We also brought it under his attention that the odometer and flickerunits had not been replaced the previous time. This time we received a replacement scooter. The harness was replaced. When we received the bike, it was scratched on the chassis, the main stand was broken, the rightside mirror was loose and the steering was bent backwards. We did not even take the bike into our possession, we sent it back immediately. This bike has been sent back to Jonway now for the fourth time. this was supposed to be a new bike, but it has so many problems, and Jonway always promises to fix it, but then the bike comes back in a worse condition. Each time the bike goes to their workshop, they send a replacement bike, and even they get worse every time!!!
Comments South Africa Motorcycles & Scooters
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

7th of Apr, 2010 by   Joy Howard 0 Votes
I bought a jonway scooter 250cc December 2009 and I have sent it in for repairs 7 times in just 4 months. The first day it did not want to start we had to push start it. They told us it was fine when they started it.
Then th
ere was a missing bolt keeping the shocks in place then the plastic around the ignition kept falling off, I sent it in to get fixed it came back and 4 days later battery acid started leaking and my scooter could not start I had sent it in again it came back after 2 weeks it all went fine I thought I had no more problems. My scooter kept making funny squeaky sounds and we noticed the battery was a sealed battery but looked like it had been opened so again I sent it in and they told me they can't find the cause of the squeaky sound and the battery was normal. So I of course was not happy a bought everything. Then we noticed that the scooter was leaking oil. Still there are problems
 24th of Apr, 2012 by   Duo.Oosthuizen 0 Votes
What a disappointment. In January 2012 I bought a Regal Raptor 350CC out of the box and in February 2012 with not ever 1500km on the clock it had to take it back to NS Motorcycles for a warrantee fix and do not forget they will charge you for collecting the bike even if it is a under warrantee repair. They replaced the carburettor and needed to fix something on the 2nd gear as it slips out of second gear and replaced the temperature sensor. The sensor light came on and did not want to go off even when the engine was cold and for this reason I did not want to ride it. Then in April 2012 the bike again was slipping out of gear this time 5th and it was going ether to neutral, 4th or 3rd gear. This is a major safety concern as if I am 120km/h on the hi-way the gear slip to 3rd, this can lock the wheel up and then???? Also the speedo showed on a stage that I was driving 180km/h and make a screeching noise when I was driving only 100km/h, so that does not work. The front brakes are not right. The starter does not alwys kick in and you have to push start it, keep in mind the bike is 3 months old. My trip to Jonway office today to collect some personal extras that I fitted to the bike, the workshop Manager (I guess) told me that they can’t find fault with the gears, gearbox or and selectors and they do not know why the bike is doing this, everything was in perfect condition. Next to my bike stand exactly the same Regal Raptor with the same problem the bike slip out off 2nd gear, what does this tell you.
Now my bike is still standing at Jonway head office and I must pay my instalments but do not have a bike. I do not want this bike back or a replacement bike as I will not trust my or my wife’s life on any of their bikes again, all I want is my money back and that is that.
So my advice is not buy a Jonway bike and also do not buy it from NM Motorcycles.
 7th of Sep, 2013 by   bruce williams 0 Votes
I bought a 2013 jonway 250cc scooter the main problem was the fan motor on radiator froze up they sent a replacement. in two day it burn up, so I bought one from ebay but before I installed it I put it on a battery charger and it was pulling 2 amps and the wires got to hot to touch. I solved problem by cutting the fan blades in half . it lowred the amps from 2 to only .8 amps the fans be fine for 3, 000 miles and that's going to a 100 houses a day . hopes this helps some one if you need to talk to me email me at sherbruc@yahoo.com thanks

How to Save on Health Insurance