logo

Silverleaf Resorts
Scam
2. (6 mins ago)
Zazzle
will not eespond to correct their mistake
3. (9 mins ago)
.opalannies.com
SICK KITTENS BAD BREEDER
4. (12 mins ago)
SafeWay
Minors touching alcohol
5. (15 mins ago)
Publix
Do they really care about the worker

Consumer Tips & Tricks

JJ's House
jjshouse
China
www.jjshouse.com
I ordered a dress on 7/20/11 and received 8/25/11. On 8/26/11, in accordance w/JJsHouse return policy instructions, I notified them of my intent to return the dress for a refund. The dress was huge in the top, wouldn't zip all the way in the back, halter hooks wouldn't stay hooked, it had gaps and was baggy in places that should have been fitted, and the lining of the dress was not sewn correctly. (It balloons up 4-5" above the dress line and clearly was supposed to sit just above the dress line).

I emailed them for their Product Return Form Request that they say you must include w/your return. I received an email back wanting pictures of the problems. I sent pictures and received their reply that the dress was made exactly according to the measurements of the size I ordered. Said it was common that a standard-size dress wouldn't fit perfectly because they weren't tailored. Also stated that most dresses can easily be altered by a skilled tailor or professional seamstress and that I should check w/my local tailors to see if they could do the alterations for me. And, of course, they would appreciate my understanding why they weren't going to take the dress back. They didn't even bother to mention the dress lining not being sewn correctly.

The dress also arrived in a compact mailing package which caused the entire dress to be wrinkled but they just said that was their best way to send to save on shipping costs. This company has no intention of accepting any returns for any reason so what you get is what you are stuck with. I have posted my complaints on their Facebook page which they keep removing mine (and other's) negative remarks and comments. I wish I had known that their return policy was, there was no return policy. They got $105 in their pocket; I got a dress I'll never be able to wear. Unbelievable to think a company can get away with this.

Comments China Clothing, Shoes & Acc
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

9th of Oct, 2011 by   jlsnana 0 Votes
Just an update, JJ's House finally refunded my money last week. I don't know what changed as they were adamant since they said the dress was made according to their size charts, it was out of the question to request a refund, for any reason. The lesson I've learned from this experience is to be sure you are aware of the company you are dealing with, their return policy, and try to find other customer's reviews. Unfortunately, on places like Facebook, any comment that is not liked can be (and was) removed by JJ's House, so I saw no negative reviews or comments until after I experienced this situation. Only reviews I found were from satisfied customers. If I was going to have a dress custom made in the future, it would not be via the internet. I figured since I just ordered a standard size, it would just be off the rack like in any department store. This was a tough lesson to learn as I had never experienced this sort of situation before, but I will be more cautious from now on.
 17th of Nov, 2011 by   rachel123 +1 Votes
all I can say is I bought a dress & it looks so cheap ...nothing like the picture, all the seams uneven and sequins instead of jewels...come on! if you stand behind that work you best take another look at how these dress's are made cause I've never seen a dress so terrible!!! And I know they won't give my money back cause your a rip off store so thanks for a big NOTHING!!! this dress definitely didn't get 5 stars... they change all your ratings so people will buy these dress's cause I've seen reviews on other websites on this exact same dress and they all said the same thing...how sad! to bad I found the reviews after I bought the dress!
 13th of Dec, 2011 by   Kristine55 +1 Votes
I was extremely disappointed with the service I received from JJs House. I ordered a dress based on the size chart on their website. The dress arrived and was at least 2 sizes to large. The company refused to allow me to return the dress and only offered a 35% refund. It would cost me more than double that to have the dress altered. After exchanging numerous emails with the company I was still unable to secure a return. I will NOT be back and I wouldn't reccommend this company to anyone. As a store servicing mostly online customers, I good return policy is key. An "online seamstress" is only as good as the return policy. A real seamstress measures you directly so you know you are going to get the right size. As an online company, JJs House must realize they cannot measure anyone directly, so they must allow users to return items that do not fit. PLEASE EVERYONE FILE A FORMAL COMPLAINT WITH www.econsumer.gov to stop these people!
 21st of Feb, 2012 by   Karole Wilkinson +1 Votes
The e-mail address they provide is not a valid address. All of my attempts to contact them have come back as a delivery failure. I will continue to contact them, but am very unhappy in the service this company provides.
 21st of Mar, 2012 by   Cindylouw 0 Votes
Does anyone know of JJ's House return address?? I was told if I could get the address and reurn it, my bank could reverse the payment I made to them for my really bad dress I received. Any help would be appreciated. I know how all of you feel. Thank you
 9th of Apr, 2012 by   lingzhu 0 Votes
As promised I will tell you now the whole story regarding JJ´s House. It is only possible to write critics on JJshouse here on Reseller Ratings. Normally the delete the feedback and post own feedbacks. However, my case is very simple. I live in Germany. I ordered a dress but got the wrong dress. I complained. They told me I lie. I sent them the pics. The started to believe me. They told me to send the the dress back. I did so with mixed feelings. I paid 208 € which they agreed to refund. However, I have in addition a damage of Import duty of 26 € and the refund postage of 42 €. Although the return policy is saying that the refund the postage they even violate their own policy. By the way, the return policy violates German Civil Law and is therefore insofar invalid that consumer rights are violated.

I guess that you cannot expect more from Chinese Online start ups. A damage of 68 € is not a big sum. But we consider to go to court. In Germany we had a lot of similar cases decided in favour of the purchaser. It is a matter of principle to sue someone who is cheating the consumer. We gave them so many second chances. We are getting tired now. I am sure after we publish the court decision. There will be more people who would like to get a bit more justice in this world.

However, If you still would like to risk to order something from JJ`s house, I wish you good luck.
 11th of Aug, 2012 by   regan1234 0 Votes
I purchased a dress on their website in July 2012 and it was COMPLETELY wrong regarding size! It also looked different to the photo of what I actually ordered. They are now refusing to give me a refund against their own 'satisfaction guaranteed return policy' saying that I am just flat out wrong even though I have photos to prove that they made the dress 7 inches larger in some places then I requested! I have had to dispute it through Paypal to get my money back as they just continued to insist I was wrong so we will see how that goes. Horrible experience. DO NOT SHOP HERE!
 23rd of Aug, 2012 by   My Problem! 0 Votes
Ordered a light brown bridesmaid dress. received chocolate brown dress. Told to send pic. Did so. Told this is the color I ordered. Must be my computer. $155 for a dress that was a big disappointment for a summer wedding.
 23rd of Aug, 2012 by   My Problem! 0 Votes
Ordered white wedding shrug with elbow length sleeves. Received jacket with short sleeves. Told this is what I ordered. Even with the email confirming I ordered the elbow length sleeve. Out of luck...Do not order from these people.
 17th of Feb, 2013 by   ang01 0 Votes
Hi,
I ordered a dress from JJS house and when it arrived it looked nothing like the picture on the website, I ordered A standard size 10 and it was massive and was totally wrong on me, I cant think of a single person who would wear that dress as it was absolutely hideous. I have been since trying to get a refund out of them but to no avail they keep coming back to me with a load of rubbish saying I am not entitled to a refund because it was made to my specifications when it was not! I am not giving up and will do everything in my power to get a refund from these Cowboys, If anyone has advice for me what to do please let me Know and I stress to anyone thinking of buying From Them DO NOT BUY FROM THESE PEOPLE
 17th of Feb, 2013 by   Brenda* 0 Votes
Dispute the charge with your bank and file a complaint with the BBB and FTC.
 13th of Mar, 2013 by   LauraB2013 0 Votes
Hi there,
I want to share my experience as a current customer with JJsHouse.com.
I am still trying to return a dress to JJ's House for an outfit which arrived looking nowhere near the photo on the website as advertised. It is the most poorly made outfit I have ever seen. It looks like the seamstress was in a terrible rush or was very new to sewing, or both. The two layers of white fabric in the white jacket are full of loose black threads throughout (the black threads are trapped and visible between the white taffeta exterior of the jacket and the white lining.) It's hideous to look at, for what is supposed to be formal attire. The entire outfit has loose threads everywhere. There is crooked fabric hanging from the back waist band. There is visible white thread on the seam the lower part of the rear skirt. It's unwearable. I paid $235 CDN plus DHL shipping charged me duty of $84.68. I would like a full refund including duty. I cannot tell you how upset I am about this especially after paying an unexpected $85 in duty. This outfit was supposed to be for a major family event. Most disappointing is that when I asked to return it, the company has refused. Their "top solution" that they offer is a mere 15% refund. I have refused the 15% which is frankly an insult given the poor quality item I have had to pay $300 for. I have opened up a Paypal claim and hope that will resolve it. If not, I will continue to contact the company until I get a full refund since this outfit cannot be worn, is nowhere near what was shown on the website, is of very poor quality, and definitely not worth over $300. Fortunately, the Internet is a big place and there are lots of opportunities to share my story, which I will do so until I get a refund. The problem for North American consumers is that since the company is based in Hong Kong, you have no recourse. The only contact number in Hong Kong goes straight to voicemail and they don't answer during North American hours. You have to call over night. The lesson here: you get what you pay for. Folks, it's cheap for a reason. The reason is that the goods are cheap. Cheap is the key word here. It makes me appreciate the good service of the local retail stores here, that honour return policies and treat customers very well.

18th of Mar, 2013 by   Sara1234 0 Votes
Please do not trust this company. It shows false pictures. The dress you actually get doesn, t look anything like the dress they have on their website. anD THEY DO NOT ACCEPT RETURNS, YOU WILL NEVER GET YOUR MONEY BACK.
 2nd of Apr, 2013 by   Nazi1400 0 Votes
Ohhhhhhhh, I bought one wedding dress from them. It is shipped now, but I'm too worried. I read so many bad feedbacks about them :( I hope my would be nice otherwise I'm in a big trouble.
 6th of Apr, 2013 by   Shell1267 0 Votes
We are trying to return a dress that is not like the picture. It is not flattering and it is NOT hunter green. They offered my 40% off and I escalated it on paypal. We ordered a dress last year from another company and LOVED it. SOO disappointed!!! WATCH OUT! I guess that is what you get form out of the country/internet. Here is the picture. The chest area is uncomfortable and is crooked and does not fit. The ruffles do not lay correctly... Ugh.. Wish me good luck
 6th of Apr, 2013 by   Shell1267 0 Votes
Here is a photo

24th of Apr, 2013 by   pdelg 0 Votes
Has anyone received their money back when filing a claim through paypal?
 2nd of May, 2013 by   TeresaGN 0 Votes
I wish I would have looked further and found all of you. I saw on their website that they had a return policy, so I ordered the dress. My daughter tried it on immediately and I emailed JJs Hosue the next day. It does not fit and we were very unhappy with it. JJs House does NOT accept returns. They have given me such a hard time. I am going to contact my credit card company. I will never recommend JJs House or use them again.
 5th of May, 2013 by   snb4everm 0 Votes
I ordered this dress for my daughter's senior prom. This dress was beautiful at first glance but turned out to be a disaster due to poor craftsmanship. The zipper was very stiff and extremely hard to zip up and down. Also, this had nothing to do with how the dress fit. It fit her perfectly. The night of the prom, I managed to get it zipped up, which wasn't easy, and sent her on her way. About two hours after she got there, the zipper busted wide open! The top part of the zipper stayed zipped but the entire back, all the way down, was wide open! It could not be fixed. A teacher had to use about 10 safety pins to try and keep it shut. she ended up having to wear a boy's tuxedo jacket over the dress so no one could see it. what a nightmare!!! She was extremely upset and embarressed :( Of course, the return policy states returns must be made within 7 days, but there was no way to anticipate this kind of problem before her special occasion. Also, be sure to read the fine print when ordering. I didn't realize that I would be charged an import fee on top of the shipping charges, which turned out to be an extra $50. I will never order from JJ's House or any other overseas company again.
 21st of May, 2013 by   Clc723 0 Votes
Before I ordered 2 dresses for my daughter to try, I completely read jj's house return policy. I initiated the return ticket within 2 days of receiving the dresses. They did not work on my daughter. I have had 6 days of run-a-round from this company. They will not take the returns. I contacted my cc company and pay pal, who informed me that they have received other similar complaints about jj's house. Spread the word - do not use JJ's house. I hear other China dress online companies are just the same.

Account Verification‏ Western Union Scam