logo

Djchihuahua.com
Fraud
4. (18 mins ago)
Facebook
Relationship status on facebook not working
5. (20 mins ago)

Posted: 2012-06-22 by    zoemonroe

scam

JewelMint.com
jewelmint.com
This company signed me up for a membership that included reoccurring payments of 29.99/month after I ordered a piece of very low quality jewelry from them. They are very sneaky about disclosing the information regarding this policy. If you visit the website and read the "about us" section it mentions nothing about this. When you make your first purchase, it does not inform you ANYWHERE that you will be enrolling in this membership. And when you receive an email confirmation for your order, they fail to mention this. When I noticed the charges on my account I visited the website and after searching through their "terms of service" section I learned about the policy. Im sure I should have checked this beforehand but honestly, who really reads that when placing an order online? I didn't realize this was a SCAM and this company enrolled you in a membership, like one you would get tied into after ordering a product off an infomercial. I thought their terms of service included and elaborated on their return policy...since most jewelry ordered online is non-refundable.
Im sure im not the only idiot who signed up for this bs, and im willing to eat the 2 months I got stuck paying because I didnt notice it on my account until now. BUT I have tried to contact this company numerous times, only to be put on hold for 20-30 mins followed by an answering service that never returned my messages. So does this mean im UNABLE TO CANCEL?
Kate Bosworth is an idiot for attaching her name to such a fraudulent service and I hope she gets a lot of backlash for it. Maybe then people will become more publicly aware of this SCAM!
Comments United States Unauthorized Charges
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

26th of Jun, 2012 by   diamondk13 0 Votes
Hey...I have been a member on Jewelmint for some time now. I too didn't totally understand the "terms" of it right away, i.e. the automatic $29.99 a month that comes out of your bank account/credit card if you don't choose to "skip" the month before the 5th of each month. That said, I've come to LOVE Jewelmint and have over 60 pieces of their jewelry at this point and will keep buying more. Some of their items are kind of low quality but many are totally amazing and most of it is super unique, botique quality and you can't find them elsewhere. I am NOT a Jewelmint or Beachmint rep, rest assured.

I've never tried to actually call them as I avoid calling companies whenever possible because most of them have live chat these days. If you want to cancel, and I have once as I accidentally set up a 2nd account due to a purchase on Facebook, they are SUPER easy to work with. They are located in California, thus PST and available (I believe) 9am-5pm PST. Go to the Jewelmint website, log in, and find a button that says "live chat". They will, no questions asked, cancel your account in minutes. If you have unused credits due to your recurring billing that you dind't know was happening, be sure to order some pieces and get them in the mail prior to canceling. If you really don't like them, sell them on eBay. Seriously, you may sell them for more than the $29.99 you paid as many are in high demand and due to the nature of Jewelmint, ALL of their items are limited edition, small release items so many people miss out on the initial offering.

Hope this helps! And seriously, give them a shot. Like I said, I do totally agree with you...some of their stuff is not the best quality, but they have SO many super cool unique pieces that are. Just go to the Jewlemint app on facebook and read reviews of specific items first. People are really honest and if the quality sucks, you should be able to tell based on the coomments! :)

Phone Scam Seeks Donations