logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (0 mins ago)
united lending services
was guaranteed a loan for $35 but was denied. I want my money back.
2. (1 mins ago)
Abercrombie, Hollister
Descrimination against heathy sized girls
3. (8 mins ago)
Berkline
Terrible everything
4. (19 mins ago)
payexim.com
Don’t send them money – they don’t exchange them
5. (34 mins ago)

4543 W. Hillsborough Ave
Tampa, Florida
Phone: 813-889-4600
jdbyrider.com
JD Byrider/CNAC is, in my opinion, participating in organized fraud. To have your vehicle repossessed for being in default by one day is ridiculous at best and serves no ones interest but the profits of the company. They are selling the same vehicle over and over again to unsuspecting consumers that will have it repossessed, no matter what, if you go even a day in default. The bigger problem is that at the Tampa franchise, they request the entire amount of the loan that is now in default because they repossessed it and will seek to sue you for the vehicle that they will sell to some other unsuspecting consumer at inflated prices and an outrageous interest rate. The public is being swindled by this horrid company skirting the law.

My vehicle was purchased on February 20, 2008 and was reposed on March 24, 2008. I hadn't even gotten the hard tag for it yet, because I was a day in default due to my work schedule. Even though I had the money to pay them when I inquired about retrieving the license plate on the 24th. While I was on the phone with CNAC, the repo man was in my driveway. Now I don't want the car back, I want justice.

I wish to see this company punished/closed down for their predatory lending and their shady business practices, if it takes every thing I have to do it. My credit score will only reflect negatively of my dealings with this company. Too many people have the same horror story, something needs to be done!
Comments United States Car Dealers
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

2nd of Dec, 2008 by   Do Your Research 0 Votes
Everyone's credit situation came from different circumstances…some had control and others did not...I was once the person that criticized other’s that could not pay there bills or that had less money than me. I paid all my bills months ahead of time... I even over paid my credit cards which caused them to mail me money back. Bottom line if you are a business no matter who you are serving you should have quality products and professional service. From the people that I know that had to deal with JD Byrider...There cars are crap ...there corporate department is crap. Basically all the horror stories are true, My friend car tranmission died 9am the next morning after car purchase..they said it would be over a week for repairs and a $25 repair fee.., when ask what about transpertation until the repairs are done..the answer was ask a friend for a ride...a week later the power steering died...two week repair wait...2 week later the break jamed
 2nd of Apr, 2009 by   weftsaef +1 Votes
How this company operates within the law is beyond me. DO NOT BUY A CAR FROM THIS COMPANY! It doesn't matter what your credit situation is like...find another way. J.D. is not there to help people.
 25th of Jun, 2009 by   #1 Sales man at JD BYRIDER -3 Votes
Well If all of yall think there program is crap then why did you use it. Oh yea wait a minute because you had to. Because you're credit sucked, You didnt pay anyone of you're lenders, or you'r bill's. So arnt you all just crying about the same thing you yourself is doing. So you really want justice! Then pay you'r lenders and you'r bills. Build you'r credit up. Then you have a choice, of where you can go and what you can buy. So until you accept that fact. Sit there and cry about how every has taken advantage of you. LOOK IN THE MIRROR!
 21st of Jul, 2009 by    A VERY UPSET FORMER CUSTOMER +1 Votes
Ha! So I was not the only one that J.D Byrider/CNAC jipped! I purchased a nice car from J.D Byrider and I got fired from my job and got hired at another job. Even though I called and told them that I lost my job and got another job so my pay schedule will change. I told them that I will be in next friday to pay and they came and picked up the car a week before that. When I went to ask them why they did that they told me that I was a week late paying, so they had to repossessed the car. I asked what do I own and how late was in in paying? I was told that I was a week late and that I owned $164.00 and I also own $250 for the repossessed fee. I told them that I just have the $164.00 . I do not have the $250.00 and I was told I could not get the car. They (J.D Byrider)did not even work out anything with me. I now have to go to court because I defaulted on my loan. J.D Byrider will not work out anything with thier customers. I trusted them. Now I do not know what to do. They do not care about thier customers. and those who think they are good. Number1 may not have purchased a car from them. 2 just ass kisser anyway 3. just brown nosey anyway. No one should not judge if it did not happened to you. Like my Grandmom always says. " A woman can run alot faster with her dress up, then a man with his pants down.But J.D byrider will be caught! Heavy hangs the head that last night wore the crown.
 22nd of Jul, 2009 by   ByriderHater +1 Votes
I too just had a car repossessed. This company sucks more than anyone can imagine. I agree we go there because we have bad credit, but sometimes circumstances prevent you from being able to pay everything. We still need to be treated with respect. Even a regular company gives you 90 days to catch up. They are just scammers.
 23rd of Aug, 2009 by   bridget preedit 0 Votes
Have you had any luck? I am also a victim
 23rd of Aug, 2009 by   bridget preedit 0 Votes
I was wondering if anyone had luck after complaining or suing them
 4th of Sep, 2009 by   PsychoDad 0 Votes
Well I can't say I'm an especial fan of Byrider, but you sound like serious loser. Suck it up and your bills next time, failboy.
 14th of Sep, 2009 by   ENTProdigy 0 Votes
I'd like to hear a rebuttle from Mr. "#1 Salesman at JD Byrider" to that fact that the entire state of Kentucky is suing your so-called reputable company! Why don't you tell the Mayor of Kentucky with all of his connections, relationships and his outstanding credit score that he has an issue with JD Byrider because he didn't take care of credit responsibilities and has no other choice! It seems you don't even know the company you work for. And for all of you "I have perfect credit no matter who I have to rape, kill, and steal from to maintain it" can suck it! Not everyone in America is perfect and shit happens! If we could all be so prepared for bad luck to, before it strikes! If you, PsychoDad, feel like that person is such a "loser" and should "suck it up" then why don't you go out and do some motivational speaking how to be a "winner" like yourself; I'm sure you've never had anything outrageous happen to you in life, it would be great to know your secret! And God forbid your kids should get raped by a company like this!!! I feel bad for your karma if they do.
 6th of Dec, 2009 by   dontdo it +1 Votes
BELIVE IT OR NOT I PURCHASED A 99 BUICK CENTURY AND IVE HAD IT FOR A YR NOW AND ITS DOING REALLY WELL . I HAVE TO SAY MY ACCOUNT MGR IS AN ASS HOLE AND I KNOW MY CAR IS NOT WORTH ALL WHAT IM PAYING FOR IT. I WILL NEVER BUY FROM J.D BYRIDER AGAIN BECAUSE WE ARE SIMPLY JUST PUTTING THOUSANDS OF DALLORS IN THESE PEOPLES HANDS FROM ARE HARD EARNED MONEY. I OWE 7400 HUNDRED DALLORS BEFORE THIS DAMN CAR IS PAID OFF! HONESTLY INCOME TAX TIME IS COMING AND THEIR GOING TO HAVE THE EASIEST REPO EVER BECAUSE THEIR GOING TO PULL UP IN THAT DAMN PARKING LOT ONE MORNING AND SEE THIS CAR SITTIN RIGHT THERE WAITING FOR THEY ASSES!!! LOL I KNOW IT MAY SOUND STUPID BUT I CANT KEEP PAYING FOR THIS CAR, IM JUST GOING TO BUY A CAR RIGHT OUT WITH NO STRINGS FOR NOW ON!!! BUT FOR YOU FUTURE CUSTOMERS CONSIDERING BUYING FROM J.D BYRIDER PLEASE DO YOURSELF A FAVOR AND STAY THE FUCK AWAY FROM THEM!!!(SMILES)
 25th of Mar, 2010 by   Fadams23 +1 Votes
I worked for JDByrider for 13 months as an ASE Master technician and a service writer and it was the biggest rip off establishment I have ever worked for. First of all the vehicles are purchased from auctions with high mileage and the buyers are instructed not to spend over 3000 per unit. Next the vehicles are inspected, usually by the oldest guys at the dealer, the dealer i worked for had one guy that was 63 and one that was 60 doing inspections. These guys struggled to bend over let alone do a proper inspection and if it was winter the a/c was not even tested, keep in mind a/c is not covered under the ridiculous warranty. Ok as long as the damage came in under 2500 bucks all work that wasn't missed was adressed with the cheapest parts that could be purchased at pep boys, I wouldn't use those parts on my bicycle. Next the car goes to recon where some guy is there just to collect a paycheck would make the Chinese parts from Pep Boys fit the American only cars with 90'000 miles from the auction. Next the cars go to detail where a half assed attempt is made to clean them, of course we all know you can't polish a turd. Finally they are passed on to the so called body shop where another sixty something year old guy pulls the many dents out and fills them with mud. Next he paints the repaired area with a spray bomb that doesn't match the original color or shines.Finally the cars are taken to one of our many lots where some unsuspecting unlucky citizen will be sold the piece of crap for 13, 000 bucks and 25% interest while we all pray he makes it home with his new car without breaking down and hopefully he won't notice the a/c doesn't work until summer. When summer comes he will come in complaining his kids and wife are sweating to death and the a/c never worked since he bought it. Then I have the pleasure of telling him that air conditioning is not covered under the warranty and he's looking at 1'200 bucks min. to repair it. Next he tells me he can't afford that because he is paying so much for this piece of crap he's lucky he can put gas in it, and I let him know he gets 8 free oil changes. Anyway I could go on and on with hundreds of stories and I need to get to the point, I hope everyone thinking about buying a car from them that you are better off buying a 500 beater and putting a few hundred bucks in it, because if you purchase a car from JDByrider thats all you're getting anyway. I want to say that I don't think that Pep Boys parts are bad but if you buy the cheap grade of part they sell you're asking for trouble, especially suspension parts manufactured in China.
 27th of Mar, 2010 by   LINDA HOUGHAM 0 Votes
I had similar experiences with J.d. Byrider in Chandler Az. I have bought several card from them in the past, and never had any problem until I bought my last car. I have had more trouble with it than I had with any of the previous card. The finance guy named vincent at cnac was very rude and disrepectful. He also said he had the power not to accept my payment even though it was in the mail. If I had the means I would take that car right back to J.d. byrider in Chandler az. I will never buy another car from them and I will never suggest that anyone go there to buy a car. I bought the Car in October. Two weeks after i had the car the breaks started going out. and there was a terrible squealing noise when i turned the wheel. It took me until January until I could get the car in to have it fixed. Now it is March. My brakes are grinding again and there is a terrible grinding noise. So I have to take it in again. My whole experience with J.d.byrider, cnac especially (Vincent} has been terrible.
 4th of May, 2010 by   KinOhio 0 Votes
I have just placed complaints with the Ohio Attorney General's Office and the BBB - with the following story...
We purchased the vehicle last March 2009 and within a month or so, the driver and rear windows fell into the door and I was unable to get the windows up or down. I had contacted Michele the manager and let her know what happened. She did get the windows fixed however, within weeks, it happened again...and again...and again... and now 2/3/2010...it happened again, making it about 5 or 6 times within a year the same problem has repeated itself. However, this last time I have been battling to get these windows fixed and now other problems are occuring. Like the driver seat will not go up or down and now i am afraid the passenger windows are going to break. Now today i noticed the gas gauge isn't working right. I have not let Michele know about the driver seat or the fuel gauge yet because I am soooooo angry about the windows and the battle I am having with that... I do not feel I should have to pay for the windows because if they were fixed right the first time, it should have lasted longer than a month or two. Also, Gary the service person is rude about it. I also had stopped in and called several times about this issue and no one has called me back. Michele promised on Saturday, May 1 that should would speak to Gary on 5/3. Today is 5/4 and no one has called me back again.

I am giving either of these agencies a week - and if not, I will get my attorney to intervene.
 14th of Jun, 2010 by   hate rip-off car dealerships 0 Votes
For all those consumers that have been ripped off by JD Byriders I would go to the media and write the better business bureau and the attorney General, If we all do that we can get them shut down.
 25th of Jun, 2010 by   Lening 0 Votes
I agree with most of these comments. JD Byrider is a rip off to the customers. I was recently laid off by my employer, then my family helped me pay my car note. When I started back to work my check was a week check, barely enough to live on. My check was late by one day, and they told me that they could not take it late. I want for you to consider something, up until I was laid off and even after then, I was never late or behind on any payment, and I just wanted one extra day to pay my car note, but they refused to agree. This carlot needs to rot in hell for the way they treat customers. It is kind of like, Treat the Customers The Way You Want the Customers to Treat You. I have cussed Byrider out numerous times and will continue. Then they send me letters about reccommending others, Well, not in this lifetime!! When my car is finally paid off, I will never rent from that low-life carlot again. I mean people do get laid off you know and sometimes people get their checks late. I went in to pay a payment for service on my car and the cashier kept my change. $5.00. So, the stupid carlot should take that $5.00 off of my next car payment in 2 weeks. You know, I want my money, like you want yours. This carlot will never get another extra dime from me. When I pay off my car I can not wait to spread the word to others about this awful carlot. Oh yeah and just to mention I have had about 7 account managers. But, after all, if they treat their customers like shit, I can only imagine the way they must treat their employees. No wonder this carlot has been sued numerous times. When my car is paid off JD BYRIDER CAN KISS MY ASS AND ROT IN HELL.
 28th of Jan, 2011 by   folkartist68 0 Votes
I purchased a car about a year ago here in Akron, Ohio JD Byrider location. Well about 8, 000 dollars later I have had some issues with it, and within the first 2 weeks the gas pump went out while I was on the freeway. I made the service manager tow it to the shop for free, and fix the pump. Wasn;t done right the first time of course, so guess what happened again. Had to drive it back out myself, and go the first 70 yr old guy fired for not doing shit right. Finally got a good tech working there that knew what the hell he was doing and fixed my window and my fuel pump properly. This was the lowest mileage car on the lot, and considering I knew what they were doing to me, I politely told the CNAC asshole R.J. to at least use some vasoline while you are screwing me up the ass with a 17, 000 dollar car note, for a car which is worth about 5, 000 dollars. With their cars, it's hit or miss. You may get something decent if you cause a commotion like me, but with any used car you will find you will be dumping money into it. The company preys on weaknesses. They see someone in need and abuse it. I called in once to make a payment a day late, and was threatened. Hell, I made payments early, and now because of that they call me a day early and ask if I want to take care of my payment a day before now., Heh assholes, complete assholes and swindlers. Everyone goes through hardships in life, and it's not up to anyone else on this site to judge one another for that. I was lucky in the fact there was a new service manager, and he was really nice actually. Because it was the first 30 days they fixed the problems for free, even though I had numerous drives out there, and he also gave me another piece of shit I could drive while mine was being worked on. He's about the only one in the entire company I liked or cared for. Broke as hell...but can't wait to pay this thing off and be done with this company.
 28th of Jan, 2011 by   folkartist68 0 Votes
Oh yea, and if you know you will be behind, just hide the damn car. If they had gps tracking in them, then they wouldn't have signs posted on the window offering 50 bucks for weherabouts of certain vehicles. Give me a break, hell if they came and got my car, there is no wayyyy they could sell it. I've put a ton of miles on it already from what it had when I got it and the whole dashboard is lit up, so really it would be their loss.
 28th of Jan, 2011 by   HNE 0 Votes
Another business that targets the poor(white, black, orange, or... get it).This crap angers the heck out of me.And do you know why they are still in business? Hint:WE BROOOOOKE! Making a man or women pay more for used shi... than a new car that the gas pump will not faulter in is the opposite of human.I feel your pain Visionnmotion.In America we talk about this country and that group of people and in the same breath we'll destroy each other.Oh yeah, and they talk to some people like shi... I wish they would try me like that.
 5th of May, 2011 by   pcclstudent 0 Votes
i'm 18 going into college i worked two jobs through high school and have been in high standing in my small town im not a lazy person i work hard i got this chevy aveo last july because my mom said it was a good ideal she even sighed for me i'm paying almost 400 dollars for my car payment a month and about 159 for insurance i cant afford that i'm just trying to start my life but is there any way out of it . if i just let them take it back they said i would have to pay for it anyways and if i dont pay for it my mom will have to since she co signed i feel trapped and used does anyone know a way i can get out of it
 10th of Jun, 2011 by   the only Mrs.Robinson 0 Votes
I am being taken advantage of by j, d byrider... I been paying my car for a year now and I was late a payment and they towed and want 7000$ on the car.. the amount that I owe or it goes to auction.. has anybody sued or got help with this matter like mine?

Swine Flu Vaccine Scam