logo

onlinebooking_refunds@philairlines.com
double charge
5. (1 hr 43 mins ago)
fugenx.com
Their work is horrible, slow and doesn’t worth of your money

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Posted:    Josill

Scam charges

JCPenney
jcpenney.com
I can honestly say that I have never had as many problems with a service as I had with JCPenney optical. Too make a long story short, I paid extra (on a Sunday) in order for my glasses to arrive the following Tuesday (which the employee at the west side Madison, WI, JCPenney promised me they would), and it took three weeks and a lot of phone calls (from me to them, not vice versa) and visits (from myself and my dad) to finally get them.

After I called that Tuesday (the day they were due) to see if they would be in as promised, I found out they would not. I contacted the store nearly daily (they never contacted me) to keep me updated on the status of my order. I heard excuses, which may or may not be true regarding the reasons my glasses were not arriving each day I called.

Besides myself, my mom, dad, sister, coworker, and a lady on the van which I with ride to work, who were all very busy, were all affected in some way my the extremely unsatisfactory service I received. I don't believe any of them will ever purchase anything from JCPenney again without thinking of this experience, especially not glasses, unless they are reassured that there was a reasonable excuse for this sad excuse for customer service.

To shorten this up, I ended up receiving my glasses two weeks after the date they were due and was then told that the manager would contact me that Friday (not last Friday, but the Friday before). I stopped into the JCPenney on the west side of Madison to adjust my glasses, as they were tight on Saturday (the day after the manager was supposed to call me), and asked what happened since the manager never called me. He then stated I would be called on Monday or Tuesday the following week (now a week and two days overdue those delayed dates). I have received no reimbursement either.

I sent an e-mail stating the above after calling the help number which is posted on the counter at the JCPenney Optical in the West Towne Mall and hearing the e-mail address on the recording. I then received a call from U.S. Vision Inc. They left a message last Friday (August 15) stating I would receive a call yesterday (Monday), which I didn't.

About 20 minutes ago, however, I received a call from management of some sort at JCPenney. The lady listened to my story (as she had already read my e-mail) and offered me $40 back (after paying roughly $170), either as a gift card or credit back on my credit card. This would be a slight $30 over the $10 fee I paid for express delivery. I said this is not enough and that I though half of the money back after all of this trouble would be more feasible. She then said she could do $50 but no more. When I asked why, she stated that is the way it is and that they can't reimburse me the total amount as I have the product (the glasses) and they work, which is true.

I feel I should only be charged for what I received, half price as I received not even a half-hearted job.
Comments United States Unauthorized Charges
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

28th of Apr, 2010 by   CWall 0 Votes
I would also be upset that the glasses were late in arriving, but why should you get half of your money back for that? You have the glasses, they work, and now you know not to go to JCP Optical anymore. I think taking the $50 that they have offered you is more than enough. I mean, why continue to put up a stink about it? Move on.
 6th of Apr, 2012 by   ACopt 0 Votes
Sounds like the express button wasn't hit at the time of order. Or perhaps the frame had to be mailed in if the lab didn't have it. Getting $50 back is a good deal since you only lost $10 on the express fee. You came out ahead $40. Asking for more off- is greedy since you have the product and it's working for you. They're a business- not a charity.

Credit Card Billing Errors