logo

SBS Fun Family Rewards

J Penny
Vermont
JCPenny.com
SBS Fun Family Rewards credit card charges - What a scam when ordering online from JC Penny's all of a sudden you end up with endless of these charges for $9.95 each. You apparently don't even have to had ordered the products! I was charged this $9.95 amount on my credit card on 4.22, 5.2 and 5.3. I did not order from JC Penny online each of these dates.
I had found this charge two other times from JC Penny and called and had the charges removed but this months bill had three charges on my bill! This is simply WRONG and a scam.. How do we stop this?
Comments United States E-Shopping
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

3rd of Jun, 2008 by   mayar hesham 0 Votes
there were charges 9.95 taken from my credit card :( and i didn't order any products from jcp...what was this for?????
i just recieved my credit card statment and there is a deduction of $9.95. why??????
plz reply as soon as possible and tell me what to do?
 6th of Jun, 2008 by   Alicia Faraj 0 Votes
Please cancel the suscription of SBS FUN FAMILY REWARDS.

PLEASE DONT CHARGE THE AMAUNT OF $9.95 TO MY CREDIT CARD ANY MORE.

THANKS TO TAKE NOTICE TO THIS E-MAIL.

REPLY AS SOON AS POSIBLE
 11th of Jun, 2008 by   Meg Luedtke 0 Votes
I have called about this charge before and had my name removed. I find, once again, this charge on my bank statement and the only shopping was done by my husband, in store, with his bank debit card. How DARE you! And to not put your entire phone number on the charge so I can't call directly is outrageous! Once and for all cease and desist with this unlawful charges or I will send a complaint to the District Attorney's Office!

Response to this email is mandatory!
 13th of Jun, 2008 by   Patricia Laurence +1 Votes
I too am very disappointed with JC Penny. I called before the time was up to cancel after receiving the papers on the "fun rewards" and did not think anything more about it. Penny's has always been so good with their customers but low and behold, I was charged this month on my charge card. I called my card and they are cannceling the charge. I ALSO plan to call the District attorney's office if it happens again. I am so Disappointed in Penny's for doing this.
 18th of Jun, 2008 by   Elizabeth 0 Votes
To remove SBS Fun Family Rewards/JC Penney and/or all $9.95 unauthorized charges. Call 1-888-527-6839 and enter O to reach an Operator. Threaten to report them to your state AND the U.S. Attorney Generals if the charge or charges are not credited to your bank and/or credit cards immediately AND to remove your name from their list.

This also happened to me after buying online from JC Penney. My bank not only gave me the toll free number, but advised what to tell SBS to have the charge taken off my bank account. It worked! My bank account was credited the very next day!

Hope this is helpful to others who have been scammed by JC Penney.
 25th of Jun, 2008 by   John 0 Votes
As a person who works there you are right. Management does not care, everybody is worried about getting their payouts and bonuses. Don't ever click on anything when shopping on line.Also if you order off of t.v. you'll be slammed with these clubs. It is a scam it is a crime and someone should find a way to stop this.
 26th of Jun, 2008 by   Dawn Schaaf 0 Votes
I ordered from J.C Penney online and took the free trial offer for SBS Fun Family Rewards, in order to get $20.00 off my order. Now I have been charged 9.95 a month for the past six months. I have called three times to cancel this membership and I still have been charges three more times. They did credit my account for $9.95 but then they charged me again for $9.95 five days later. This is such a scam. I didn't even get the $20.00 off of my original order.
 9th of Jul, 2008 by   Graciela Hernandez +1 Votes
Please cancel the suscription of SBS Fun Family Rewards
 12th of Jul, 2008 by   Richard 0 Votes
Well, okay, this is how it works. If you order on the internet to purchase your product from J.C.P. at the check out page it tells you in writing that if you want a $10.00 voucher to apply to your purchase click "Yes, enroll me." It is stated quite clearly that if you agree to getting the $10.00 voucher you have 30 days to discontinue your membership. It also states if you do not cancel in 30 days J.C.P. will forward you method of payment information to SBS to bill your FFR.
You have the option to decline the ten dollars and check out or accept the $10. voucher and become enrolled in the program after a 30 day free trail . If you read what you are agreeing to this is not a scam. It should be no surprise to anyone who received a bill for this.
So, accept a little responsibility for your actions and belly up to the bar and just call and say, I wanted the $10.00 voucher, I got it and used it and now I want to cancel. That way you get what you want and no one gets upset. And by the way it does not say get an instant amount of money off of your purchse.
 10th of Aug, 2008 by   linda curtis -1 Votes
I was charged for Fun Family Rewards for several months before I caught on to it. I was given difficult a time when I attempted to cancel, was charged the next month and then that month, only, was cancelled. I asked for some sort of proof that I had ordered this service and was told I would be sent this proof. I never received a thing. I called JCP and they were disinterested in this problem. This is a scam. I have lost confidence in JCP.
 10th of Oct, 2008 by   Melissa Lemmons 0 Votes
At Fun Family Rewards nothing is more important than our customers' satisfaction and our Company's reputation. We take pride in researching and responding to customer concerns. If you would like for us to research your concerns, please forward your information, such as name, address, phone number, or membership number to us at custrel@aegonusa.com, by fax to 972-881-4072, call us toll free at 1-800-527-5517, option 2 or by mail at 2700 West Plano Parkway, Plano TX 75075.
 28th of Oct, 2008 by   Billie Mikelonis 0 Votes
About the middle of Oct. I bought a pair of shoes for $16.99 out of the catalog. The very nest day, I ordered another pair thinking the smaller size I would return to the store. Now, Penny's sent me a $15.00 birthday gift coupon which I used on the first pair I ordered and I kept the very same shoe in a larger size. I used my $15.00 birthday coupon to pay for my first pair. I put both of them on my Privilege card. When I returned the first pair, they would only give me credit for about $8.00. The total bill for the second pair was $24.99. As a result I have not been able to take advantage of my gift coupon. I think they should have refunded not only my tax and handling for the first pair but the credit for my $15.00 gift certificate. If you can't credit it then I wish you would at least send me another $15.00 coupon. I am a very old customer of J.C. Penny's Co. and, I will, close my account if you cannot or will not correct this. Thank you.
 29th of Jan, 2009 by   ccotton526 0 Votes
i was also charged for this fun family rewards for the first time this month january 2009. I called the ffr toll free number and ask for my refund back and that suscription cancelled. I then call my bank and get a new credti card to avoid this sh*t again.

This is frankly a scam if you ask me because the writing is so small that people simply missed it when ordering online especially since jcp only had a 1 day only free ship on toys for christmas 2008 and i had to oder it quick or the free ship will go away at 5pm that day and did not notice.

suggestion: this offer should be in red bold writing big enough for the public to see. In this recession economy this is terrible bad news for jcp to loose so many customers due to low $9.95 charge. jcp need to look into their customer relationships and try to build upon it in this troubled times. have a good day.
 8th of Dec, 2009 by   kat33185 0 Votes
I have been charged as well! I am glad I stumbled upon this thread. I was apparently one of these people scammed. I have been seeing this charge and not knowing what it was. I need to look into getting this charge removed and A Refund!!! Cancel this!!!
 6th of Jan, 2010 by   misskathie 0 Votes
I was charged for this in December AND January without recognizing the merchant. When I saw it in December I thought I would recognize the transaction later when I remembered what I had bought from them. I need my $20 back!
 25th of Jan, 2010 by   garyh@kwautomation.com 0 Votes
We too got caught by this scam too. We finally caught this "automatic charge" to our credit card that started in December 2007. We finally caught is on January 2010 when I noticed TWO charges the same month. We called our credit card company and they helped us call SBS Fun Family Rewards. SBS is "affiliated" with JC Penny, but is an independent company. Our credit card helped us get our money back over the last year. I was not satisfied since I want ALL my money back and they have been stealing from me for over 2 years. When I called SBS in Plano TX back myself, I was told that I could request by mail additional refunds. I did this, but they did not do anything. SBS also has NO PROOF that we authorized anything to be charged to our CC - what they supply to your Bank CC is your CC#, Expiration Date, email, phone and address. Then, the bank charges your card for them. Then I called JC Penny directly and complained about SBS and these charges. I called the complaint department at JC Penny and she knew all about the SBS Fun Family Rewards issue and the embarassment it is causing JC Penny. I told her I want all my money back since I never wanted, used or even knew that I was buying this "service". The person at JC Penny advised she would contact the the appropriate personnel at JC Penny to get ALL my money back. They have heard many complaints about this scam and it you complain long enough you can get your money back.

You need to call SBS at 888-527-6839 to get a refund on your money. They will start with cancelling your subscription, then 1 month refund, then 2 months, then 4, then 6, then 8 and they finally stopped giving me a refund at one year's worth of refund. They said that is all they can do. I told them I will be complaining directly to JC Penny (the company that hired SBS) and I did.

Then call JC Penny complaints at 800-527-4438. The customer service people there will need to complain to the VP's to get your money back. If you stay on top of them, you will get ALL your money back. Dont stop until you get all of it back. What they did is wrong.

If you were subjected to this scam, I would suggest you complain to SBS and JC Penny until you get all your money back. What they did is not ethical or moral and we should all stand up and tell them it is not right and we will not accept thier behavior.
 26th of Jan, 2010 by   Joe2 0 Votes
This program offered by JC Penney is very sneaky, since it offers $10 off your order after you place it and then enrolls you in a "Free Trial". You should stay away from that link or at least read ALL the small print (CTRL + + will increase the font in Firefox).

AND check your freaking credit card statements every month, not once every couple of years, like smart guy Gary above.

PS. To those writing "Please cancel the subscription" on this board, be advised that it's not enough and you will be charged $9.95 again next month. To really cancel the membership you also need to unplug your computer from the wall. Forever.
 19th of Feb, 2010 by   sallymarieh 0 Votes
I ordered a bedspread online, and of course a month later I notice this 9.95 charge to my bank account.
I did not even deal with the SBS company nor JC Penneys, because judging by all of these comments asking for cancellation did nothing for anyone.
I called my bank directly, and reported the charge as an unauthorized charge and a fraud scam. They're now sending me a new debit card, so that they can't charge me anymore, and I get to fill out a form to get my money back, which will probably take a month. Thanks jcpenneys for all the hassle. Never going to them again.
 10th of Apr, 2010 by   lee glaske 0 Votes
my complaint is about your decision to close the store here, in stevens point wisconsin . not to move or relocate it, but to close it !!! that is not a very smart thing to do business wise, in my view . now, what about all the people who have been good customers over the years . they are just left out in the cold . and if you think that the customers will go to another store in the area, well you have another thing coming . you may think in the long run that from the business side of things, this is a good move on your part. but in the big picture you have forgotten one important thing . you just lost 4 customers forever as i, my wife and 2 children will not buy from j c p ever again !!! shame on you .
the people here in stevens point who used this store, are angry about it's closing . there are also a lot of good people who have lost their jobs here .mr . penny himself is spinning in his grave over this decision .
 17th of May, 2010 by   DThomasX 0 Votes
My wife and I are victims of this scam, too. She bought something from JC Penney, then agreed to a rebate. For months this company, Stonebridge (SBS) has been billing our credit card for $9.95 each month. We have received no services in return, and no communication from "Fun Family Rewards." We have sent e-mail and called the 800 number, and they have not stopped billing us. They offered us a $20 refund today and promised to stop this time - a fraction of what we have paid them. I called the JC Penney complaint number listed above (800-527-4438) and got the gift registry instead. Call 800-222-6161 at JC Penney instead, and ask to speak to a supervisor. This is seriously damaging the reputation of JC Penney as an ethical business.

Tips How to Wrap a Christmas Gift with Fabric