logo

Chevrolet Online Lottery
Winning notification
3. (33 mins ago)
Matrix Cellular
A variety of plans to cater to all your needs
4. (33 mins ago)
Gphelp247.com
$34.95 showed up on my credit card. I do not know this site.
5. (41 mins ago)
MisterBigMale
Non Delivery of Product

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

J.C. Penny Optical/ eyeglasses, Coppell, Texas Complaints & Reviews - Anti reflective coating flakes

J.C. Penny Optical/ eyeglasses Contacts & Informations

J.C. Penny Optical/ eyeglasses

Posted:    Lynn Switzer

Anti reflective coating flakes

J.C.Penny Optical
967 Mallard Dr.
Coppell, Texas
Phone: 972-462-9732
I went to J.C. Penny Optical and bought a pair of glasses because my old glasses were flaking. They told me it was the anti-reflective coating. I did not need new glasses except for the flaking. I purchased a pair of new glasses and specified that I did not want the anti-reflective coating.

About 1 1/2 yrs. later my glasses are flaking again. I went back to J.C. Penny Optical and was told I would have to purchase new lens because the anti-reflective coating was flaking. I told them my glasses did not have a reflective coating. They looked it up on the computer and found that they had put anti-reflective coating on the lens.

Since they did not deliver the glasses I ordered, I wanted them to replace the lens. They would not and told me the new lens would cost $157 dollars.

I do not think this is the type company you want to do business with. I am disappointed in J.C. Penny.

William Switzer
Comments United States Vision, Glasses, Lenses
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

16th of Sep, 2010 by   adgjl 0 Votes
I had the same problem with my glasses flaking. RX Optical said it was a defect in the coating and most places will replace it free. Unfortuantely my insurance company uses a lab in NY that refuses to replace the lenses. I am currently taking up the issue with RxOptical about standing behind a product they sell. I am confident they will. But, I will keep you posted on the results.
 1st of Mar, 2011 by   jvoe3211 0 Votes
I have bought several pairs of eyeglasses from JC Penney, all with AR coating and anti-scratch. Every single one, after several weeks, had numerous scratches. I am very careful with my glasses...use a soft cloth and use the cleaning solution they recommend...still, they get scratches. They should not be allowed to sell such a cheap product. I even had the warranty. It costs $25 for one-time lenses replacement. They still got scratches after a few weeks of careful cleaning. I will never get my glasses at JC Penny's again. Do they order this cheap material from China?
 15th of Dec, 2013 by   sayyou two 0 Votes
I bought two pair of glasses from J C Penny and had the same problem with the lens.Much care to clean them but it happened anyway.After some talk about cost to replace the lens they did replace them at no cost.Now little over one year later the coating on the lens has broken down again. Never again will I buy glasses from J.C.Penny.I never went back to their store to tell them this, I just went to another place to buy new glasses.Glasses I have bought over the years that I might still have but for whatever reason I don`t wear NEVER had any coating problem. The best part is their glasses were not that inexpensive.Live and learn.
I continue to buy at J.C. Penny`s for other things and from what I was told the the Optical Shop is not owned by them, i would toss them out on their ear.The store is in St. Petersburg, Fl., near 66th ave.and 22th st.

Account Verification‏ Western Union Scam