logo

2700 West Plano Parkway
Plano, Texas
Phone: 888-527-6839
funfamilyrewards.com
My credit card has been charge $9.95 each month since January 2009. The claim is that when I ordered online from JC Penneys that I signed up for this. I did not sign up for this membership! First, the claim is that I took advantage of a $10 discount that entered me into this - no, I paid full price, I can track my order on the JC Penney page. I did not receive $10.00 off. Then, I was told that I received a $10 rebate coupon in the mail. No, I did not. I also told the man when I called that I do not agree to these type of programs, and always say "no thanks". He told me he would refund my 3 months of membership payments and cancel my membership. However, before I hung up the phone, I heard him mutter, "jackass". I doubt he will be following up on his promise. The next step will have to be having the credit card company not pay this fee. Terrible business practices.
Comments United States Unauthorized Charges
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

13th of May, 2009 by   bacardiboi 0 Votes
he was DEFFINITELY out of line for using that type of language, he could be fired for one instace of that and if you happen to have his name i would call back and ask to speak with a supervisor to report the instance.

but im sure you werent the nicest person in the world either!!

the truth is they CANNOT legally sign you up for this without your consent, so i guarantee you DID sign up for it.
 30th of Jun, 2009 by   agent99 0 Votes
bacardiboi - what makes you think they can't sign up someone to something without their consent? all they have to do is press a button on your account page, and YOU ARE SIGNED UP, if you wanted it, or not.

someone working there may be getting commissions for each person they sign up, and I've seen phone company sales people do the same thing... so, wake up, not everyone is honest.
 30th of Jun, 2009 by   bacardiboi 0 Votes
I suppose that is POSSIBLE as the reps for each of the "scam" programs are all the same group of people in one call center. But 10 times out of 10 when I ask the cardholder about recent online purchases they admit to accepting the 10 dollar/ percent off coupon on check out. The fine print tells you you're signing up for it.

And before the flaming accusations come, I do NOT WORK FOR JCPENNEY I work for GE money in the credit center for the jcp card. I hate these programs and have pleaded with supervisors and site leaders to get rid of this stuff and apparently JCP won't budge on it.

they have to have some sort of documented consent to do it, and when the ch challenges that fact they can always produce evidence you signed up for it. but if there is a phone call from you into the call center canceling one service I'm certain there are a few dishonest people who would be willing to sign you up for another service and say they received verbal consent.

and you should also "wake up" because not all people are smart enough to realize what they are doing when they do it. work one week in my position and you will understand how stupid people really are.
 31st of Jul, 2009 by   Halabaloo 0 Votes
I signed up and saw that I would be charged 9.95 after hitting the submit button, so I immediately got on the phone and called them and let them know that I did not realize that I was signing up for a monthly charge. I was not yet in the system as I had just made the JCP order a half hour before that. The very helpful lady at the 1 888 number let me know that it would take 48 hours to be in the system, she encouraged to go ahead and fill out and send out the form for the 10 dollar gift card and I could always cancel it by calling them or emailing them. We shall see!!! I will cancel before my 30 days is up...Will update my comment in a few weeks...
 7th of Apr, 2010 by   satown1006 0 Votes
agent99, i know what makes him think that...because it's illegal? and as a major retailer, JCPenney would not put themselves on the line that way.

and as far as that goes, i did that the discount sign up as well and I was fully aware of that ...I read the fine print. But if you call to cancel, they do take care of it.

Bottom line...it sounds fun to get random discounts, but always read the other stuff:)

Why Consumers Can't Avoid Unplanned Purchases