logo

OSIM
Useless Product
4. (37 mins ago)
bingo hall.com
did not authorize this site
5. (1 hr 4 mins ago)

Javitch, Block & Rathbone Contacts & Informations

Javitch, Block & Rathbone

Posted:    Tina

Judgememnt/Garnishment

So apparently I owed Spiegel/FCNB. I did know about this, I am not denying that at all. What I am not agreeing to, is that there is a judgement against me where they can take the money out of my checking account without notifying me. They dont even have my current name, and I have been married for 2 1/2 years, but yet they are able to take the money out of an account that I share with my mother ( not a penny of it is actually mine- I am on the account as I am POA) without apparently knowing anything else about me. HOW THE HELL IS THIS LEGAL? Especially in todays economy, there has to be some type of laws to protect the underdogs. . .I am not saying we shouldnt pay what we owe. I am saying that we definitely need to be made aware of any actions taken against us. I tried calling this firm a year ago to make arrangements for paying and they wanted some ridiculous down payment in order to do it. If I dont have $5000.00, I dont have $2000.00 either. I am just appalled that this is allowed. What kind of society do we live in where if someone doenst get what they want, they are allowed to just take it? What is even more upsetting that this is being taken out of an account that is really not mine. My name is on it, so I understand that the ruthless insensitive people of the world who do collections really dont care about this technicality. But this account is my mothers. It is HER savings, she does not work and receives SSI and Disability. None of this money is mine. She is homebound, and I am on it only to help her if need be. So of course when I called to inform them of this, their response was "Pay your mother back". This economy is going downhill faster than we know, and under the new administration I am afraid it will only be much much worse. But at least the Javitch, Block & Rathbones of the world will be ok, because that is all that matters isn't it?
Comments United States Credit Cards
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

12th of Apr, 2009 by   HIDman -1 Votes
As a POA, you are a legal signer for that account, meaning your name is officially on the account. Per the courts, since your on the account, money can be taken with a bank-aid which is court-ordered. If you have any issue with that, I would definitely contact the courts. They are not simply taking the funds, the courts received the proper paperwork in accordance to a judgment in place against you (which you were properly served, because had you not been, judgment would not have been obtained). They did everything legally! You think this is b.s. because you are in difficult times. I am sorry, but you put yourself in that position. Yes, the company gave you this card, however you signed the contract, agreed to the terms of it, and authorized the use of the card. The company did not force you to charge the card, the company did not force you to not pay it. THAT IS YOUR FAULT. Why should the creditor allow payments, when payments is what was needed in the first place and you defaulted.
 23rd of Apr, 2009 by   supermidwest -1 Votes
Dont sign onto ANY type of loan or credit card for ANY reason unless you are prepared to pay it at some point in the future. I don't care if you are co-signing for your grandmother... that debt is yours if she doesnt pay. Firms like Javitch Block and Rathbone are there to collect debts from people who have defaulted so that the people who actually pay their bills don't have to absorb all the cost of defaulters. I have been unemployed for over 6 months, but I still manage to pay all my bills every month. Sometimes its just a minimum payment, but I pay them. They are my responsibility. I am so sick of people who try to get out of debts that they are responsible for!
 9th of Feb, 2011 by   DooDah99 -1 Votes
This law firm placed a lien on a residence that I do not own, and the actual owner of the property was not a signer or in any way affiliated with the debt that I defaulted on. I included the debt in my Ch. 7 filing. Doing a title/deed search would have shown that I in no way have any rights to the property that JBR placed a lien on. So, tell me how the lien was legal? There are numerous articles about debt collectors such as this getting judgments and liens grated by the courts, because the courts are not obtaining complete verification/documentation from the debt collectors.
 24th of Aug, 2011 by   xoed 0 Votes
The people who responded to this complaint must work for j, b and r---------anyone who says they act within the law needs a brain check-------- they are the most crooked agency there is----- and most courts will fill any(improper) paper work from them as long as the court receives the filing fee------xoed

ATM Scam