logo

Big Cat Rescue
Fraud and Lies
4. (44 mins ago)
Lincare
Incompetent, profit before safety culture
5. (59 mins ago)
Bharti Airtel Limited
balance tower site rent

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Jamestown Stamp Company, Inc., Jamestown, New York Complaints & Reviews - Scam

Jamestown Stamp Company, Inc. Contacts & Informations

Jamestown Stamp Company, Inc.

Posted:    Southaid01

Scam

Jamestown Stamp Company, Inc.
341 East Third Street
Jamestown, New York
Phone: 716-488-0763
jamestownstamp.com
Some time in December 2009, I was online browsing as I some time do. I never purchase merchandise online. I came across Jamestown website. I am not sure what lead me to it. I am not a stamp collector. Anyway, I do remember ordering a "Free Catalog." I remember wanting to buy some interesting stamps. Instead, I decided to go for the free catalog. The other selections were deleted. I am always worried about purchasing good off the internet. Months later, I visit the mail service where it was delivered once every three months or longer, I received this envelope in the mail. I opened it up, not removing the complete content. I read the note that read "I hope you enjoy our free catalog and the enclosed approval selection." I remembered then that I did not ordered anything that wasn't free. I thought it was formality. I slid the invoice with the note back into the package. I tossed it away never to be thought of again until I started receiving invoices. I remember wanting to return the package because. I never ordered anything that is not free. My busy life kept me focusing on Jamestown Stamp. 12/30/2010 is the first time I removed the total content from the original package. I didn't think businesses allow you to order without paying with a credit card. I don't mean to sound cheap when I say I would never purchase a coin for $5.95 that I know nothing about. I would not invest in a Japanese Occupation Note for $4.95. What is a Japanese Occupation Note. My pockets are too tight for that. I just read the first paragraph of the cover letter stamped to the book. It reads: Thanks you for your interest in our company. Underline in read: The FREE ITEM you request is enclosed. As promised, we have also included a selection of item to introduce you to our popular shop at home service. Para #2: You may examine merchandise for up to 20 days before you and to purchase only those items that fit your collecting needs and desires. Last line: You are required only to return the items you do not wish to purchase. I never read the letter because i DID NOT EDXPECT ANYTHING TO COME WITH THE CATELOG. This confirm I did not order the enclosed item. I never knew they were in the envelope until today. Is it my fault or was I scammed by Jamestown Spamp Company, Inc.
Comments United States Online Scams
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

25th of Feb, 2011 by   Costino1 0 Votes
Same thing happened to me. I received the same crap as you did as well. What I did was shipped it back with NO stamp affixed and no return address. Make those folks pay for them to ship it!
 27th of Aug, 2011 by   atam 0 Votes
Same thing happened to me, although I have returned the item but constantly they are sending me reminder to pay back the amount. In the last reminder they have threatened me that they will send people to my address to collect it. This is really wrong way of doing the business.
 19th of Nov, 2011 by   Lousie 0 Votes
I am in the process of all of this, how do we get off of this sending stamps not ordered to me?
I plan to send them back as I only wanted the free information as stated on webpage.
 19th of Dec, 2011 by   war_666 -1 Votes
if you morons would read the whole add it does ay your going to get an app. selection.Cant anybody read anymore, or has it just gotten to the point where you idiots just click to agree to anything and the blame the other guy.its not my fault i didn't read boo friggen hoo.learn how to read complete paragraphs
 2nd of Jul, 2012 by   OfficeGuy 0 Votes
Jamestown Stamp Company has been around since I was a kid. In fact they got me started in stamp collecting. They're a great company. The free catalog and gift are subject to the terms of an approval service, in which you'll receive a selection of stamps that you may choose to buy... or not. All this information is stated clearly in the offer. This is the same way they've been doing business for over 35 years that I'm aware of, heck probably longer than that.

"IT'S EASY & FREE...Please complete the form below to request your free catalog. Introductory items on approval are included. Buy any or none; cancel service any time. GET YOURS NOW!" ---- Quoted from their website.
 28th of Aug, 2012 by   Jared1979 0 Votes
Jamestown stamps company does not scam people I used receive approval selections from them they are a great company, they do not rip anyone off

Best Credit Cards for Big Debt