logo

Skyline Shirts
Scam
4. (1 hr 24 mins ago)
Snap for mOBILE
Placed subscription charge on cell phone bill not ordered
5. (1 hr 24 mins ago)

Im Debt Free

J Hass Group
Arizona
THIS IS NOT A COMPLAINT.

This company diserves an award, and the people on my settlement team diserve to know how they saved my life. I was in debt with over $60, 000 on my credit cards. I was sent to J Hass Group through a sales office of thiers and i could not be happier. It was not an easy program, and i was told that from the start. I was also warned about all of the things that could happen to me. There was full disclosure and no suprises to me when things didnt go perfect. I have heard horror stories about other companies and im just happy that i found the right people to help me with my issues. I want to also put a compliment to NICK in thier negotations department. He has made my life so much easier. He listend when i had issues, was firm and and imformative when he had something to say. I can be a difficutl person to give bad news to but he was able to get through to me and made a great partner throught this program and now im DEBT FREE. Anyone who has a debt problem should call them they are an amazing company and diserve to be recognized.
Comments United States Business & Finances
Was the above complaint useful to you?
More J Hass Group complaints
J Hass Group - This is not a complaint

Comments

3rd of Nov, 2009 by   True Blue 0 Votes
Why then do they have a F from the BBB? LOTS of complaints. I do believe you are a shill.

JJ
 30th of Nov, 2009 by   sharing with you 0 Votes
For those that don't know...Shill:to act as a spokesperson or promoter.

Now, let me tell you the truth about this company!!!

We signed up with this company in the belief that they were licensed and had the ability to help us resolve our debt issues. The contract we signed stated that J. Hass Group did not recommend that the client stop making payments to their creditors. They stated that it was our decision wether or not to stop making payments. However, we were specifically advised in our initial meeting to stop making payments. We have been making payments to a savings account from which they would eventually make payments to settle our debt.

At this point, it doesn't appear they have done anything on our behalf other than take our money. We have since learned more about our situation and the remedies that are available to us without this company. In addition, we have learned that the company is not licensed and that according to Ariz. Rev. Statute 6-133 (2008) (criminalizing as a felony, violations of Ariz. Rev. Stat. 6-703 & 6-715 (2008) (prohibiting unlicensed debt management), with "each day of violation [consulting] a separate offense").

Please note that this company has litigation pending in the state of Florida. The information we found is as follows: TAMPA, Florida - It's a situation most families face at one point or another: trying to find the best way to pay off debt.

Unfortunately, for more and more Americans, their choices are proving to be counter-productive as more and more rip-off schemes are popping up to take advantage of the desperation. The Florida Attorney General and Florida Bar Association both say they've had their hands full recently with debt-settlement companies advertising their services in Florida and charging customers crazy fees for negotiating down their debt - or in some situations - not even contacting a customers' creditors.

The Attorney General's office has filed suit against five different debt-settlement companies in recent years, while its Economic Crimes division took action against multiple others. One firm they investigated was the Law Office of J. D. Hass, an Arizona-based attorney who solicited clients in Florida for debt-settlement services.

We are letting our complaints be heard by the FTC, Attorney General, Better Business Bureau, The Squeaky Wheel...just to name a few.

We have severed our relationship with the J. Hass Group. As a result of their advice to not talk with or have any contact with creditors interest rates and late fees have exacerbated our situation.

Do yourselves a favor and avoid doing business with them!
 5th of Jan, 2010 by   gina123 +3 Votes
I agree that looked like a "shill", but I had a very different experience then you!
The J Hass Group helped me settle over $75, 000 in credit card debt. My husband was laid off, and we began to struggle making minumum payments. He called the hass group, and was explained the program...we felt like you did the first few months, but then the settlment offers started coming in. At the end of the day, we wound up spending about $27, 000 to pay off the debt, and a little under $12, 000 in fees, for a Grand Total of under $40, 000!
Sure it was hard, and still a lot of money, but I'm now debt free...and much happier!
 7th of Jan, 2010 by   BDOB +2 Votes
I'm in Gina's Boat!
I had just started a new job at a Real Estate Company in 2006, and thought I was in for a bright future. I got a little ahead of myself, and wound up with a little over $15, 00 in debt, before I was laid off in late 2007. I managed to hold on till late 2008, but the creditor calls, and harassmant were to much for me.
When I first got in the program I had several issues with them! They are not the best at always answering the phone. This is definetly annoying and I had to call several times in a row to get someone. However, when I did talk with them, they were always knowlagable and curtiouse. Also, I was told by my creditor, that they didn't work with J Hass, and when I called and confronted them, they explained to me that it a way for the creditor to trick me.
And sure enough, by march 2009 I had a settlement offer, and wound up getting out of debt for only $7, 600!!
Anyways, I just thought I would throw out my experience...definetly not the easiest, but well worth it for me in the end!
 5th of Apr, 2010 by   BJM123 0 Votes
sharing with you, the Company in Florida was called HESS Kennedy, not The J HASS Group, get you information correct, obviously you didn't do too much research otherwise you wouldn't have made such a stupid mistake.
 25th of May, 2010 by   mmarias304 -2 Votes
can some one tell me how was the process with j.hass group i just started with them i have one account settle and a law sued.
 19th of Jul, 2010 by   Richard Vasconcellos +1 Votes
I keep getting phone calls from Cabella Club. They call three or four times a day. I talked to a Jennifer from J Hass but the phone calls keep coming. Please get Cabelas the message.

Thanks, R. Vasconcellos
 1st of Mar, 2011 by   NMRT 0 Votes
I hooked up with the JHass Group almost three years ago and I have had nothing but pure hell since I signed the contract with them. They did not disclose several very important things like they will not rep you if one of your creditors decides to sue you while on the program. Which by the way the creditor has the right to do. They also take their fee up front so depending what your fee is they do nothing until that is paid in full. We ended up having to file bankruptcy to avoid three creditors from getting a court ordered settlement that we would have had to pay above and beyond what we were already payingto JHassGroup. HNow it is done and the court is in legal pursuite of JHassGroup for fraud. Maybe they did good for some folks but I wouldnever refer anybody to them. I know this is just not my feeling because the court is going after them and they feel that fraud was committed. So be careful and protect yourself. We lost over 10, 000.00 paid out to this company that never reached one creditor. I hope the court nails them and makes them pay out the money we paid them to settle our debts to the people we accutally owed money to.
 1st of Mar, 2011 by   NMRT 0 Votes
So true!!!
 9th of Mar, 2011 by   LolH 0 Votes
Do not use this company! They not only took $400+ of our money each month over the last year and a half, but when we severed service with them they took our reserve money also. They never sent us any correspondence explaining why they took our money. Four weeks later we had to call them! When you look online at your account, one of the answers to a FAQ is that the money in your settlement account is your money and you have the right to withdraw it at anytime. Apparently that is not true!
 8th of Jun, 2011 by   payobill -1 Votes
im a bill collector and they dont answer when i call, how can i resolve your debts if your representing office does not answer to resolve? It's funny because we have the bad rep but since 09 the government regulates us to make sure consumers are not being ripped off, but who regulates these thieves?
 3rd of Jul, 2011 by   DBg8506 0 Votes
I'm not sure what to think. I've heard good and bad. I've been with JHass fir almost one yr and they r supposed to be negiotating and offer on our behalf but the creditor continues to call me and they called my sister in law. How did the creditor ever get her information, I have Never filled any paperwork out with their information. The creditor is Brackfield Law Firm. A lady by the name of Barbara Smith works there and she's shady. What should I do, call my debt companies and negotiate with them?
 18th of Oct, 2011 by   Irma Vrabel 0 Votes
I am in the process of filing a complaint to the Attorney General's Office right now. I'm tired of the 'no phone calls, not doing anything, always hearing I don't know why, this company is run by a bunch of people that don't seem to know who's running the show.' I've already spoke with my lawyer and intend to do something about this company once and for all. I will advise anyone interested to call their Attorney General's Office and take action...the more of us working together, the better for everyone struggling with this stupid company. I'm just so sorry I didn't do any research before I signed their stupid contract.

Tagged.com Being Sued for Identity Theft