logo

Plenty of Fish
Fraud and cheating
2. (11 mins ago)
Isagenix
This blender is absolutely useless
3. (13 mins ago)

iYogi

Posted:    gfoxy157

forced to buy product

iyogi.com
I was having trouble with my Windows not finding my anti-virus software on my computer, so I called Microsoft to get help in troubleshooting my problem. They transfered me to what they called their tech support and I then found out it was something called Iyogi.

They told me that they couldn't help me unless I bnought this program and used their tech support I told them that I didn't have the amount of money that they required for their assiatance. They first told me that it would be bewteen $100.00 and $200.00 dollars for them to help me. I was ouraged, then they told me about their touble shooting program and it was only $139.99 for a year of unlimited tech support, I told them I don't have that kind of money, I live on Disability, then they told me about a plan for two years unlimited that was just $249.99. I said, "You're kidding right, I just said that I couldn't afford $139.99, now you're trying to force me to buy something even more expensive?" Also they screwed around, kept putting me on hold and cutting off my connection, using up over 120 of my valuable cell minutes.

That took place on April 5th, 2010 and today one week later, they took $139.99 out of my checking account. I was "hot", I called them and told them I wanted my money back, the guy that I talked to ask me what was the problem why did I want my money back, so of course I had to go through the whole story again, about them forcing me to buy something I didn't want. I told him flat out that they are crooks and I want my money refunded. He told he'd do it. but I can only get $80.00, not the total $139.99 that was taken from me. I ask him why I can't get the whole amount back and he told me that the remainder was a service fee. I asked him why, because you didn't give me any service I figured out the problem by myself.

Well, of course he just said that he couldn't do anything about it. I just couldn't get it back.

I'm just letting you all know that Iyogi are crooks and you'd be better off to ask a friend to help you with your trouble shooting or to figure it out yourself, unless, of course you havemoney that you don't mind throwing away.

Comments United States Internet Services
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

10th of Jan, 2010 by   VIOLET LA POLLO 0 Votes

rip off - iYogi

The complaint has been removed.
 26th of Mar, 2010 by   chattycathy526 0 Votes

SCAM - iYogi

The complaint has been removed.
 27th of Mar, 2010 by   yhtakm +3 Votes
Same thing happened to me with iyogi. wanted help installing the shield I renewed on net and they too told me my computer was running slow and that they could fix it and the whole scam thing. No difference they take over your computer and say they are fixing it, and it does nothing but take your time because you have to sit by the computer as they are doing it. Not sure where they are from but don's speak english very well. Never again I will purchase from store no more renewing this for me.
 6th of Apr, 2010 by   Stefen Gates -1 Votes
i am a happy customer for the past nine months. When I first called them
they helped remove my viruses and fix my audio on the laptop. I call iYogi
oftenŠ.tech support is helpful and have a good humor about how I need their
help so often. - Stephen
 7th of Apr, 2010 by   Graham23 -1 Votes
IYOGI'S TECHNICIAN, SAUREBH WAS VERY PATIENT WITH ME HEIPING ME THROUGH SEVERAL PROBELMS . AND AISO ON SEVERAL OCCASIONS ASKING ME IF THERE'S ANYTHING ELSE HE COULD DO. AND I AM VERY THANKFUL FOR THE ASSISTANCE I HAVE RECEIVED.
 13th of Apr, 2010 by   gfoxy157 +1 Votes
I am so glad to know that I'm not the only one that has been ripped off by iyogi. Not only are they pushy and rude, I couldn't understand a freakin' thing they were saying. They transfer you to another person "who speaks better english" it's just as bad if not worse than their accent. Why can't they employee people who speak English? All they know is sell that product no matter what.

When this happened to me I didn't have any idea that there were other people out there like me who have been screwed by this iyogi. Please tell everyone you know that this company are a bunch of crooks, all they care about is getting your money and they do whatever they have to to get it.
 13th of Apr, 2010 by   gfoxy157 0 Votes
AMEN...Were you able to get a full refund? I only get $80.00 back from $139.99. No matter what I said he insisted that they had to keep 60.00 of my money for a service fee, service I never got. I never wanted this to begin with but was forced to get it. I caouldn't wait to uninstall it from my pc.
 16th of Apr, 2010 by   Alexes -1 Votes
i am very happy cause have not the ability to do these task as of this time in life. My computer was infected with viruses and tech support was very helpful
 16th of Apr, 2010 by   Stefen Gates 0 Votes
I had some issues with the charge on my card but gulshan from cust serv was excellent to figure out the problm. I think apart from this issue I faced their service was exceptional. I called them twice and they were able to resolve my issues
 19th of Apr, 2010 by   Beelly 0 Votes
I had a tough time with their sales team who I think were a bit aggreesive.
However the technical support was simply brilliant and they took care of all issues throughut the yr. it¹s a great price for all you can eat tech support.
 19th of Apr, 2010 by   Joe Joefry 0 Votes
iYogi technician was very helpful and suggested several things to help keep computer running properly. This company knows how to support their customers. The first impression was not good when I called was a hard sell, but once I got to tech support it was such a relief. The techs were very professional and resolved my printer issue with ease.
 21st of Apr, 2010 by   AndrewSam 0 Votes
I think iyogi's techs are extremely nice, patient, smart and quick. They really check on us. Also I bought their service for my laptop. I am that pleased with this company.
 21st of Apr, 2010 by   James Jenn 0 Votes
I could never get my computer fully fixed. iYogi's techs not only found the problems but actually fixed it. They did it quickly and then patiently installed the iYogi support system and answered the many many questions we kept asking. Didn’t seem to be in a rush to get to the next call. Value for money.
 21st of Apr, 2010 by   TimStuart 0 Votes
I couldn’t understand why my computer kept rebooting itself. I asked for help and didresearch n stumbled upon iYogi, chanced a call and I was asked to purchase the annual subscription. I didn’t think that I needed an Annual subscription for this but then the sales rep explained what was wrong with my computer and what all they could help me with throughout the year. I was skeptical but now I’m a believer. I’ve gone back to them four times already.
 4th of Jun, 2010 by   GrahamBill -1 Votes
The technical support staff was very professional and offered information in a manner that allowed my wife and I to follow the repair process.
 24th of Jun, 2010 by   Roger F 0 Votes
Iyogi is the best service I have expirence, because they are effordable and remote support makes easy to fix the problem...
As Told the tech fixed the problem and removed the viruses out of my computer, And the pc tune up made my computer fast and I was really amased by the speed of my comp after the tech worked on my computer
 27th of Jun, 2010 by   Better Technician than them.. +1 Votes
ovbiously the people who are saying they are good are iyogi? you know why because of their grammar. you can tell already thats how much they fail. so i was with a dude and he used remote access to help me with a problem. the dude says that " i can not do this it voids and prohibits my job is not to do this" ( barely understood). So then he gives me steps for how to fix it. " ok i know your tech guy so you will be fine do blahblahblah" i told him if he should watch just incase i do something wrong. he says " no you can do it dont worry it will work" he leaves me, i do it and my computer is freaking messed up. he told me to freaking uninstall windows installer and gave me a broken link to redownload it... now for somereason i can't download windows installer because there is no windows installer for windows 7... and while he was trying to fix my computer he was like " you are suffering from infection" - he saw i had no antivirus( i know silly me) i told him its fine there are no infections- " but you do" ... thats not an infection "technician" and he even saw i have no viruses. seriously dont waste your time with these guys, 1. they obviously dont help you... 2. their English is just TERRIBLE 3. they don't know what they're doing. So good for you if you saw this before they messed up your computer...
 30th of Jun, 2010 by   PKHa +2 Votes
I am having problems with the finacial part of IYOGI also. The tried to sell me a 2 year contract on 2 computers after I had bought a one year contract with them and I okyed it and the charged me 3 times couldn't get it straightened out with them and they kept asking for my credit card number again and I finally called the bank and had them take care of it, . Now they removed my IYOGI Dock and I paid for a one year contract for 2 computers and I have proof so I called them again and they said they needed my credit card and I told them I have a one year contract already paid for. They finally said they had it straightened out and would call back in 15 min and it has been 2 days and no call and not resolved. I will try to call them again when I have time to argue with them but I really think they are a ripoff. They cleaned my computers but now I don't have what I paid for. That sucks.
 10th of Jul, 2010 by   vonjaymee +1 Votes
Consumer Beware!!!
I actually was trying to install new antivirus software on my laptop which is Norton by the way and the package(it was via internet) I got from Norton was for three computers. I went to install Norton's key product code on the laptop and it wouldn't do it. No prompt to get me to the download so I Goolged Norton phone number and it gave me a phone number. I didn't click on the site I just phoned the number. An Indian man answered and I explained my problem that I couldn't install Norton's on the laptop that it wouldn't prompt me to go any further. He asked my name, phone number, also a second contact number which had my UhHUH guts going WHAT?? then my address and e-mail. After that he told me to go to a site www.logmein.com (something like that) I did so and then came to the page he wanted and you had to enter a code and agree. He told me the code and then he had control of my computer to diagnose the problem. I have done this remote repair with a local computer shop when I had problems with my old PC so I wasn't alarmed. All these problems and issues came up. To be exact they were 5761 issues. He told me that I needed a Optimizer put on the computer and I could buy one at Wal-Mart for a $100 dollars. But then he told me I could get one from him free of charge and buy their antivirus software for the life of the computer for $169.95. I told him I needed to talk with my husband about it. Get this... during the whole conversation I was constantly put on hold no (excuse me can I put you on hold?) dialog just dead silence for short periods. When I mentioned the I need to discuss with my husband I got the dead silence and he was still in control of my computer. I took the battery out of my laptop and disconnect from the wall outlet because my "Spidey Senses" were off the chart. After I did that about a minute later I got an 800 number call. I did not pick up. I got another call again from this number two minutes later. I continued to get calls from this number about 5 more times. Then every flippin hour my phone would ring once and nothing. I seriously think they have a program to call numbers to ring once and hang up just to annoy the person since they didn't buy their product. F*ck them. My husband called the 800 number and the guy asked what his last name was. My husband said, "You know my name and you know my number so stop bullshiting me and take my number off your list!" He said he would. Not more than a minute later the phone rang again with that hang up after first ring. Hubby called back again and this time they knew who he was. They asked for me. Hubby explained that we were trying to get help but no longer needed it. Since that conversation no more annoying hang up calls. Beware people this is the new scam to have control of you. I went ahead and did the total reboot of the computer. It is restored back to factory settings because we had nothing on that computer of importance just for leisure so simple.
 12th of Jul, 2010 by   supportyourlocalpeople +1 Votes
iyogi can screw up your computer(s). I spent 12 hours with them on Sunday, and when I turned on the computer on Monday, it didn't work. COuldn't open any programs. Then I needed to install a virus program they're linked to. They told me my new lap (one month old) was infected. I flatly told them they weren't going to daly with my new computer. Furthermore, I downloaded McAfee virus protection, ran it, and guess what, no viruses. You should have heard all the stuff they were going to do to my new lap. So, I told them "no, " that I was taking my desk computer to Best Buy to fix. Also, I'm going to dispute the recent charge they made on my credit card for servicing my old lap computer since I haven't used them at all. I will never use them again.

learned my lesson