Posted:

Fraud

Itunes / Apple
Odessa, Texas
I had to sign up to Itunes to download one app for my Iphone. I purchased this app for reading excel attachments from my email. Since then $458.73 has been charged to my credit card. I had to cancel the credit card to prevent further charges.
I have contacted both Apple and Itunes to prevent further charges and both companies are unwilling to help. I do not recomment that people purchase any products from either of these companies.
Complaint comments Comments Complaint country United States Complaint category Unauthorized Charges
Was the above complaint useful?

Comments

22nd of Jun, 2008 by    0 Votes

iTunes - TV shows
www.apple.com/itunes/

In 2007 I purchased the Pilot episode of LOST. I have since changed my PCs and when I log onto my iTunes account, the episode I paid for is not there. Is that an official Apple policy to steal back the episodes you've paid for?
 2nd of Nov, 2008 by    0 Votes

iTunes - Incorrect charge
Coldwater
Michigan

11/1/08: I just noticed a $1.00 charge against my debit card from ITunes. I don't have an account with them; don't even own an IPOD. I'm calling my bank in the morning, but am posting this so someone can see this SCAM is still going on.
 5th of Nov, 2008 by    0 Votes
this just happened to me, too, except it was four charges of $20 each, and i had to cancel my debit card today. a LOT of people have been ripped off and apple is doing nothing about it.
 10th of Nov, 2008 by    0 Votes
I just recieved our business bank statement on Saturday 11/8/08, and on 10/15/08 we had a $200.00 & another $200.00 & a $100.00 debit all on the same day. Also a few days later a $53.35 charge. I'm apalled and don't know if we will get the money back.
 28th of Dec, 2008 by    0 Votes

iTunes - alot of money taken
bristol
England|Gloucestershire
United Kingdom

i downloaded itunes which said at first it was free then it said 14.97 download this seemed not to unreasonable and then it charged me over 50 pounds 4 something additional called usd
 20th of Mar, 2009 by    0 Votes

iTunes - download doesn't work
De Kalb
Mississippi
aldac@bellsouth.net

360 sharepro doesn't work. I'm constantly running into 'errors', 'norton' has blocked some kind of attempt, and it slows my system down to a crawl, and I have DSL.
 5th of May, 2009 by    0 Votes

iTunes - Defective Download
New Orleans
Louisiana

I purchased and tried to download Debbie Davies' Blues Blast’ from iTunes. Only 6 of the 9 tracks downloaded successfully. Of course my credit card was charged the full amount. I cannot find anyplace to voice a complaint to iTunes.
 5th of Jul, 2009 by    0 Votes
fake iTunes site charge 58 for phone suport.
 13th of Jul, 2009 by    0 Votes
if you download it on your comp you get a new comp it wont atomatically be on the new comp must be downloaded dumb ass
 20th of Sep, 2009 by    0 Votes

iTunes - theft
apple
london
United Kingdom

i bought 2 tv shows of itunes classic episodes of doctor who and somhow i still do not have the shows after several months but i still got charged. If itunes had scammed me more than £4.00

iTunes - Payment/download
iTunes

I was downloading the film ace ventura, and it got to 439mg then say procesing and start from 430 all over again so I've wasted £3.99 and got nothing for it and I have 2.9 g left for it to download.
 29th of Dec, 2009 by    0 Votes
Try logging into your account then when you get to your account page you can click on available downloads. It should still be there.
 29th of Dec, 2009 by    0 Votes
Transfer your iTunes files to your new computer.
 29th of Dec, 2009 by    0 Votes
Call them or email them, they are very good about correcting problems. They are very nice and helpful, don't worry.
 2nd of Mar, 2010 by    0 Votes
ITunes does not accept my password
 2nd of Mar, 2010 by    0 Votes
iTunes does not accept my password
 8th of May, 2010 by    +1 Votes
Within the past week, my daughter downloaded the free Farm Story app from itunes. On May 7, I received 43 receipts for purchases from itunes. Purchases were for "gems" for Farm Story from Teamlava LLc. Also receive 43 emails from paypal confirming payments totaling over $4900 had been send to itunes. That's forty nine hundred!
In 2 1/2 years I have made a total of $35 in purchases at itunes, and neither paypal nor itunes thought this volume was suspicious.
Immediately contacted my bank which is my primary source of funding for paypal. They referred me to paypal, who in turn referred me to itunes who can only be contacted by email. At that time only $1600 in charges were shown as pending at my bank, so I thought that was the extent of the damage. In later contact with paypal, I was told I had a billing agreement with itunes which meant, simply accessing my itunes account enabled anyone to make purchases up to $5000 a month without ever entering my paypal password. I had been charged $4929.15 by itunes, but $3300 of it was ACH transfers that hadn't hit my bank account yet.
Later discovered that when selecting paypal as payment choice you are directed to paypal where you accept their billing agreement. Simply says you authorize them to make payments to itunes. Gives no dollar amount. Who would charge $5000/month on itunes? (The limit for ebay was $100, 000.) Check your paypal and cancel these agreements.
Itunes has been absolutely no help at all. Basic form letter telling me to contact my bank and change my password. "They understand" my concern, but itunes can't reverse charges. Oh and "have a pleasant day". Further emails accomplished no more than wishing me "pleasant evening" and "a nice weekend".
From reading the web, this is standard itunes response.
This is not a $2.99 fraudulent charge. This is almost $5000 being paid to one app provider Teamlava LLC. When attempting to contact them, I find their website is a blank page, and the link to support leads to an email address. This app was posted on May 2, 2010. In 4 days they were able to make $5000 from me, and who knows how much from other itunes users, yet they are still available for download at itunes. That's how much concern itunes has for it's customers. Not sure what percentage of that $5000 itunes gets, but they are in no hurry to give it up.
Beware when dealing with itunes and Farm Story app.
I'm currently disputing the charges with paypal and my bank. Unfortunately the bank can't do anything until the money is taken out of my account. Seems like if someone could act quickly, this whole process could be stopped and the criminals caught. Itunes knows who they sending payments to, and where the purchases were made from.
 1st of Jun, 2010 by    +1 Votes
add me to the Farm Story fraud on apples itunes app.They got me for a 150 dollars on may 5, just recieved the statement today. Apples answer is for me to call my bank. Teamlava has to be behind the scam. They recieved payment. I asked the apple operator if they keep track of the app companies recieving these fraudulent charges and he said I think so! Funny he never asked me for any information regarding my charge. Come on apple you should be ashamed. You control the content for your device and then take no accountability.
 2nd of Jun, 2010 by    +1 Votes
I've also been a victim of this Farm Story scam. Multiple purchases totaling $600. Itunes support is non-existent. Calling my credit card next.
 13th of Aug, 2010 by    +1 Votes
I contacted iTunes Support for over $1, 000 worth of fraudulent charges to my iTunes account only to learn it is a internet based company and you have to complete a email request in which it takes 48 hours for them to respond. There is NO HUMAN person you can escalate the matter to, and get them to stop these charges before reaching your bank. I had to spend literally hours on the phone trying to get assistance from iTunes. I got immediate assistance from my bank, and PayPal, but the source of the issue iTunes is simply unconcerned.

I will NEVER order another song, movie, etc. from iTunes and NEVER by another Apple product, because they obvilously have no concern for the customers. I am very disappointed in a company that runs like this one. Mr. Jobs - you need to seriously consider the consequences of these types of actions.

iTunes Logo iTunes