logo

Posted:    Fedel

Awful company

Ironman Fitness
ironmanfitness.com
Ironman Fitness uses outside manufacturers to make their products and they simply apply the Ironman name. When you buy an ironman product you are not told that the warranty is through the manufacturer instead of Ironman Fitness. My 6 month old $1, 100 Ironman elliptical broke because it was poorly manufactured. Major pieces of the machine cracked and bolts sheared off and I only weigh 110 pounds. We even paid for delivery and had the retail store install the machine so it would work properly.

I went to the retailer and asked them to fix it but they referred me to Keys Fitness, the manufacturer. They referred to me to a local rep who came out and tried to fix the machine. I was told by the local rep that they would put in a request to Keys for a full replacement or at a minimum request that the major mechanisms be replaced. I heard nothing for 3 months. I contacted Keys Fitness directly and was told they are now out of business so I have no warranty.

I called Ironman and they told me I was out of luck because they did not manufacture the machine. Ironman does not stand behind their products and does not do a very good job screening their manufacturers. I recommend no one buy Ironman equipment. I know I never will.
Comments United States Fitness Centers
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

21st of May, 2012 by   Zak891 0 Votes
Totally agree. Their customer service is terrible. The worst company i ever contacted. Brake pad for my Ironman spin bike needed replacement. But they never replied to my email although they provided online request to order replacement of parts at that time. Alao they never responded my phone call. I got stuck with the broken pad for years and finally found web site which sell the parts so I bought it. I will never buy anything from this company. I paid approx. $800 for my bike and almost wasted the money because they don't provide a parts which cost approx $40!!

Credit Card Billing Errors