logo

Not Getting Paid

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

IQ Data International / RentCollect, Everett, Washington Complaints & Reviews - harassment

IQ Data International / RentCollect Contacts & Informations

IQ Data International / RentCollect

Posted:    areacode818

harassment

IQ Data International
1000 SE EVERETT MALL WY
Everett, Washington
Phone: 425 609 2000
This agency never sent a single notice of an account in collection, which allowed substantial interest to accrue on the account. Once I found out about the collection when checking my credit report, I contacted them to ask them to provide a written notice or invoice, which never arrived. They insisted that I give them numerous phone numbers and my employers name. I did not give them a real phone number. Instead, they tracked down my parents and began to harass them, demanding that they make my pay the account immediately "or else" and if I didn't "then I'd be sorry." I have since called the agency to complain that I did not receive notice of the collection and they refused to resend the notice and threatened me with civil action. I asked to speak with a supervisor and the agent hung up. How can I pay the account if they wont even provide documentation of the collection? This company needs its license revoked.
Comments United States Collections Agencies
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

18th of Oct, 2008 by   areacode818 0 Votes
 7th of Nov, 2008 by   E 0 Votes
I'm on the same boat as you my friend. A collection popped up on my credit/rental history recently and in order for me to move into my new place I had to take care of this debt. I too was also threatened with civil action because i could not make my payment when they wanted. Even after contacting them to handle the matter, I have yet to receive any kind of documentation about the money owed and any legal actions. Someone needs to report this company to the BBB or an agency that can look into them and their business practices.
 9th of Nov, 2008 by   Ronald Pente 0 Votes
I have a similar situatuion with IQ from the other 4 here. However I am subnmitting all communique from this bogus billing to my attorney here in Los Angeles for litigation and filing a lawsuit against IQ Data International for 'bogus' billing.
 19th of Nov, 2008 by   lexie 0 Votes
I am having the same situation. Out of no where I get a call from an agent telling me unless I pay the balance in full like today my wages will be garnished. I have NEVER even gotten anything from them before! Is this even possible??? Sounds like they are full of it, but it still makes me nervous.
 28th of Nov, 2008 by   Kyle Pringle 0 Votes
I started recieving calls on my cell phone demanding monies from cleaning fees three months after I moved out of my apartment. I had the same cell, same work # and I am still the same guy. They don't care, all they wanted to do is threaten me and tell me they are suing me etc. I asked for documentation via a fax or mail. I told them repeatedly that I had never received any notice from the apartment complex or them about the outstanding fees. I was never late on my rent and I was under the impression I left in good standing. I still have never received any information. The information they gave me over the phone did not add up to the total they claimed I owe.
 29th of Jan, 2009 by   JJJ 0 Votes
you should do some investigation on this company, there previous name was Inquest, M.I.S, and I.S.. They have been shut down before by the attorney general. You can send a complaint to the attorney general. you can all sue them for breaking the fair debt practice act.
 29th of Jan, 2009 by   Charles 0 Votes
I've been receiving calls from an individual named Victor at this company for almost 5 months. He calls 2-3 times per week around the same time in the morning. I've never answered since the caller ID shows "unkown." He's calling about my wife, but in every single message he never says what he needs, just that he needs to speak to me regarding her. He found my number by somehow looking up my parents phone number which is out of state and then worrying them about my condition and that they need to get in touch.

He mentioned to my wife that she owes a debt, but checking her credit report the debt had past statute of limiations over a year ago. We're definitely writing them a stop letter and reporting them to the Attorney General.
 12th of Feb, 2009 by   frustratedagain 0 Votes
I am having the same issues with Victor as well! I have bogus cleaning fees accrued with additional interest, etc, and they WILL NOT disclose any documentation. This situation is quite frustrating. But I do not know what to do.
 28th of Feb, 2009 by   Very upset 0 Votes
We all sound like broken records. I too am having this issue as we speak. Never did I recieve any information in the form of mail stating I have oustanding balances due from an apartment I was living in. I always paid my rent on time and was a good renter. The people from IQ Data collections are VERY disrespectful and will bark back if they sense any frustration in your voice. I was very taken back by their poor customer service skills. I have politely given them 145.oo for a fee from this apartment for which they state was for cleaning fees (carpet, walls, etc...), now there calling AGAIN! About past rent stating I moved out on a later date than I actually did. I am completely upset and pissed off. I will be looking into BBB and reading up on the fair debt practice act. They should not get away with this.
 3rd of Mar, 2009 by   stephnut 0 Votes
I had similar things happen to me they are very demanding an threatening and say I own all this money when part of the debt was already paid off. They wanted me to pay double in fees and interest and i dont even think i owe the money. They also would not send me any statement or anything saying what i owe and what it is for. I asked them to fax or send me this information about 6 times and still did not recieve anything. I think they are in need or another shut down!
 3rd of Mar, 2009 by   weig17 0 Votes
I was contacted by Shannon Harmon from IQ Data collections about 2 months ago... she informed me that I owed approx $186 to the apartment complex that I just moved out of.
I told her that I wanted to verify this with the apartments and that I would go the following day to pay them if I indeed owe them. She said that they will not accept my payment and that I need to pay her now... I said goodbye and hung up. The following day I went to the apartments paid my $180 ish bucks and got a receipt. They informed me that everything was paid and that I owe nothing more.
2 weeks later Shannon Harmon called me back again and said that I owe the money still. I told her that i went there and paid it to the apartments. She got pissed and said " I am going to pretend we never even spoke and this is going to show up on your credit report as a collection" then she hung up!
I blew her off as being an idiot... well 2 weeks later now and she just called me back again.. acted as if we had never even spoke in the past. I explained that I was not going to be paying her anything because I paid the company that I owed the money to and that I have a zero balance. She stated that her report still shows me as owing the money. I asked her for her name and company contact info. She said "are you telling me that my client doesn't know my contact info?"... I said, that the info was for me not the apartment complex. She hung up on me again. This time I immediately called the apartments and told them this entire story and they said that they would contact IQ data and make sure that I am no longer in their system... lets hope this works.. This Shannon Harmon is not only unproffesional, but also a royal pain in the butt...
 7th of Mar, 2009 by   graciouslytaken 0 Votes
You need to leave a forwarding address with any apartment you leave in writing.
 9th of Mar, 2009 by   Elaine 0 Votes
Five years after proving to another collection agency hired by our previous landlord that we did not owe $36 for an unpaid water bill, we just now received a letter from IQ Data International claiming that they had been attempting to contact us and that we owed the money. That is not true. I have the letter from Equifax stating that the debt had been removed from my credit report after they received proof. I have just now contacted IQ Data to tell them this. I'm guessing based upon all that I've read about them, and since I suspect IQ Data is a new name for the prior collection agency, that we will have to file a lawsuit. The agressive harassment and belligerant attitude of the prior company (Data Recovery Management in Lynnwood, WA) makes me believe they are one in the same especially since DRM was in Everett, WA, next door to Lynnwood.
 16th of Mar, 2009 by   audry 0 Votes
I completely agree with all of you, I have had the same issue with Rent Collect (IQ Data International) for almost 3 years now. First of all they will not send me any invoice as to what the charges are for, they claim that it was sent right after I moved out of the apartment. I have written letters, plenty of phone calls to receive this information so that I can proceed with payment. I am not going to pay for something which I don't have the detail to pay. Every time I called to get a breakdown of the bill, their response is "You know what you owe, and I'm not sending you another detailed bill. Pay what you owe." I am also very frustrated with them, but wasn't sure what I could do. Now I'm understanding a little more since I've read all of your comments. Thanks to all of you for the great info.
 17th of Mar, 2009 by   frustrated 0 Votes
I agree this company has very rude people. I was never contacted and it pop up after 2 yrs with interest and everything. They should be reported to the BBB. and I will certainly do that.
 28th of Mar, 2009 by   billiejo15 0 Votes
They called me at work (without trying a different number first) to tell me that I needed to pay IN TOTAL 1800 before hanging up with him (Mr. Harrison...) or else he would be sending a fax to start taking it out of my wages. Then when I said I would have to call my boyfriend to see what we had in our account, he accused me of lying and said that he had been "doing this for 15 years and I know when people are trying to get out of paying." When all I was trying to do is figure out #1, WHAT this was about because I hadn't recieved anything in the mail... then 2, what could I pay?? Then, he hung up on me. I got a thing in the mail the next day, dated the 24th, I recieved it on the 27th (3 days for mail to get here... normal... ) anyways, on the notice it said that I have 30 days from the date of the letter to call and make arrangements... he called me before I got the notice!! So, today is only the 28th, I'm going to call on Monday and try to talk to a manager (but I've seen in above comments that they will probably just hang up on me)... How do you make an actual complaint?? First for harrassing and being rude to me... 2nd for calling before they needed to... at my work no less... and third to let them know that not only were they harrassing me at my work place, but I had to clock off in order to deal with them on the phone and then I was so upset that I couldn't return to work for about 1/2 when my face wasn't red and my eyes weren't all puffy from crying. These people need to be shown that they can't get away with this bull crap. I'm only 20 years old and this is the first time I've had to deal with this type of thing... they had no reason to be so rude. If anyone knows how to make a formal complaint, let me know... I'll be in line to do it.
 2nd of Apr, 2009 by   legerdemain5@gmail.com -4 Votes
Remember when you are pointing a finger at someone your have 3 pointing back at you.
Pay the people you owe the money too. Help the economy pay your bills like responsible adults.
Todd
 6th of Apr, 2009 by   solbucket +1 Votes
All of these comments are very interesting. I have been experiencing threating phone calls even though I have filed a small claim against the apt complex that is claiming the $ are due. The apt manager and I agreed to work it out together. However, IQ data refuses to stop calling me. Refuses to send me anything in writing. The rep I spoke to Alex (female) is extremely rude. Even laughs at my responses. They need to learn how to communicate respectfully with people who are obviously working to resolve the issue. BTW. I have a 805 credit score with NO late payments ever. So sad that these people feel the need to be so rude.
 15th of Apr, 2009 by   MikeB +1 Votes
I had the same issue with that Shannon Harmon. All of you need to do what I did and file a consumer complaint with the Federal Trade Commission at www.ftc.gov . Also file a consumer complaint with your state attorney general and the state of Washington atttorney general at www.naag.org . Explain your situation and make sure you include that IQ Data Interational is in violation of the Fair Debt Collection Act.
 20th of Apr, 2009 by   ANNOYED +1 Votes
I HAD THE SAME PROBLEM WITH ALEX COOK SHE WAS A RUDE PERSON, AND SHE PISSED ME OFF . SHE STATED THAT THERE WAS NO WAY AROUND THIS AND I HAD TO PAY 3500 DOLLARS BY THURSDAY OF THAT WEEK ANND THEN I TOLD HER THAT I WOULD CALL HER BACK AND SHE TOLD ME THAT SHE NEEDED TO MAKE A PAYMENT ARRANGEMENT BEFORE SHE HUNG UP . I EXPLAINED THAT THE TIMES THAT SHE SAY I WAS OWEING MONEY I DIDNT EVEN LIVE THERE AND I COULD PROVE IT AND THEN SHE TOLFD ME THAT SHE WAS NOT LETTING MY NAME OFF OF THE COLLENTIONS AND THAT SHE WAS GOING TO TAKE MY OLD ROOMATES NAME OFF OF IT SO THAT ALL THE MONEY OWED WILL BE ON ME AND NOT HER AND I WAS LIKE EXCUSE ME NO YOUR NOT AND SHE SAID SHE COULD DO WHAT EVER SHE WANTED TO AND SHE WAS TAKING ME TO COURT I WAS LIKE WHATEVER SEE YOU THERE AND SHE HUNG UP . LIKE REALLY WHAT DO THESE PEOPLE THINK, AND ON TOP OF THAT THE ACCUSED DATES WERE FROM 2007 ITS 2009 NOW . LIKE REALLY, ? HOW DO I REPORT THIS PERSON? I LIVE IN CALI . I SEE SOMETHING FOR OTHER SATES BUT NOT CALI,

A Facebook Identity Theft