logo

Reliance Netconnect
Not closing the connection
4. (12 mins ago)
hackhimnow.com
They started to steal from me
5. (21 mins ago)
paypermail.com
non payment of account

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Iowa Steak Company, Clinton Township, Michigan Complaints & Reviews - Bad meat/ poor customer service

Iowa Steak Company Contacts & Informations

Iowa Steak Company

Posted:    MSU02

Bad meat/ poor customer service

Iowa Steak Company
Clinton Township, Michigan
My father was approached by a sales rep for Iowa Steak Co and decided to pick up 3 cases of steaks. The meat was terrible and as tough as shoe leather. My father tried several times for them to pick up the rest of the meat and resolve his complaint. I later got involved with management as to why nothing had been resolved for three months. My phone calls were never returned and I had to keep calling Iowa Steak Co trying to get answers. We finally had a rep come to our house to pick up the meat and give us a refund. I would advise you to be very careful and look them up online. I will NEVER deal with them again and hope you never have to deal with what I did.

Comments United States Food
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

25th of Dec, 2008 by   C. from Oregon 0 Votes
My neighbor went through the same problem, horrible steaks but thankfully they had not ordered too many of them, they just threw them out.
 5th of Jan, 2009 by   Scammer05 -11 Votes
I work for the Iowa steak co. And all I have to say is I most thouroughly enjoy selling meat, it is great... I make tons of money off dumbfucks like you who actually take the time to complain about us, as if anybody cares about you getting ripped. Take it like the asshole that you are, and hopefully I'll be ripping off your neighbor next...,
Sincerely yours,
James T.. From the Michigan office
 8th of Jan, 2009 by   sunrun90 +2 Votes
Scammer05: You are the reason our country has gone almost completely to shit. Customer service no longer exists in America because of people (I use the term lightly when I mention YOU), who lower the standard to a big fat zero. Ever heard of KARMA, pal? You might want to look that up some time when you're on the internet leaving your cheap comments to the rest of us working class stiffs who just happen to be striving daily to make ends meet and avoid being duped by the real fuckheads like you. Or don't even bother, I have a feeling Karma will be paying you a well deserved visit in the near future if you haven't already had the distinct pleasure of that knock at your door. Looks like the joke is on you afterall.
 26th of Jan, 2009 by   froggsong -3 Votes
I just gotten taken in by some of these guys, cold selling door to door. It took me about a half hour to get the freezer arranged so that I could get the meat in there, and I noticed when I took the first piece of chicken out of the box that it was already beginning to thaw, all the way through in the thinner areas. I looked them up online only to get thousands of hits on them being a ripoff. I immediately called the guy and told him to come pick up his meat and give me back my check or I was going to put a stop on it. He was very rude to me when he got back, less than 2 minutes after I hung up the phone. Wow, that was fast, considering it had been over a half hour since he left my house! He actually used foul language with me, telling me that the bad reviews were for a different company coming out of Iowa, and that "this is f***ing rediculous!" . Whatever. I got my check back and he got his meat back and that's all there is to it. I do think that they should think twice about training their sales people to use the same speech, since that was the biggest reason that I called him back, I read (almost word for word) the very speech he gave me several times in bad reviews.

Scammer05, if you are actually an employee of Iowa Steak company, you are really stupid to leave a comment like this. This will lose you alot of business, especially if people pay you with a credit card when you scam them. All they have to do is dispute the charge if their complaints are not resolved satisfactorily, which means you lose your money, and they get to keep the product. Anyway, thanks for shedding light on the type of people this company employs.
 28th of Jan, 2009 by   jeffrey kosmyna +3 Votes
I work with Iowa Steak Company, my name is Jeff Kosmyna. I am one of the head managers with the company. It seems that someone has posted an untrue comment posing as one of our drivers. We have been in business 10 years for good reason. Customer service is of upmost importance to us. We stand behind all of our products and services 100%. Our mission statement at Iowa Steak Co. is to distribute high quality meats at a fair price with impeccable customer service. If anybody is reading this, and is considering trying our service, or if anybody has any problem at all please call me immediately.

Jeffrey Kosmyna
Regional Manager

Office 877-91-steak
Mobile 734-516-3664
Email michigan@iasteak.com
 28th of Jan, 2009 by   james +3 Votes
My name is Jim Parker. I PURCHASED FROM IOWA Steak Co in late oct. My wife and I were extremely pleased with the quality of the beef. the rep. that we dealt with was very professional and polite. A couple of our cuts of beef got freezer burned and were replaced with no questions asked. I was surprised at how professional and courteous their cust. service was. Apparently they guarantee all their product for a full year from purchase date. I was surprised to read the negative comment above and question the validity that it is the same co. or even a true statement. Regardless Iowa Steak Co. will have my business in the future.
 28th of Jan, 2009 by   stapes21 +2 Votes
My experience has always been good with Iowa Steak...I live in Peoria Illinois and my family and I have bought similar products from other companies that we thought would be just as good...Not hardly...If you live in IL and you like good meat, call 877-495-9717. Our sales rep, from iowa steak, is Jason Myers. He has always been courteous and gives us GOOD deals. In three years, myself and my dad, have bought over 20 cases of steak, pork and chicken. If I wasnt allergic to seafood I'd try it too...My point? Don, t let one bad apple spoil the whole bunch..I work in customer service and people say harmful things when they are mad. Most of them are usually untrue, Byers remorse sucks, mix it with a bad attitude...there you go...
 28th of Jan, 2009 by   britters098 +1 Votes
Good Idea Mike, if there is anyone that would like to order from Iowa Steak in the the future, (253) 531-3172 Tacoma Washington office.
 28th of Jan, 2009 by   Jeana615 -1 Votes
I have ordered my meat from the nashville office for over two years and before the nashville office opened i ordered right from their website. They have always taken care of myself and family/friends. Good meat at a more than fair price. Never had any problems, but i did however get a Christmas card from the Nashville office with offers and i thought that was very thoughtful and sweet. I cant see these people treating anybody badly. Theyve always stood behind their product and honored the same price for me whether the prices have changed or not. As a loyal customer, i recommend Iowa Steak to anybody who likes good food at a good price, with fast, friendly delivery.

Sincerely,
Jeana Davenport
 28th of Jan, 2009 by   chris maselka -1 Votes
Iowa Steak company stands behind its products and services!!! If anybody has a question or a concern please call me at my office. 1-253-531-3172 I will make it a priority to attend to your needs. Thank you for you business. Chris Maselka President Iowa Steak Company!
 28th of Jan, 2009 by   cato -1 Votes
my name is william i`m in the northwest and it has recently come to my attetion that people are spreading rumors and bad mouthing my favorite home delivery service. i have tried similar product in the past and none and i repeat none of them have even came close the quality or freshness that the iowa steak company provides. i`m elderly man that has recently lost his leg to cancer. and it is so hard for me to get out and about anymore to do anything including let alone the grocery store. i have this young gentlman by the name of jeromy from the tacoma office who comes by house every month or 2 months and gives a heck of a deal on steaks he even puts it away in my freezer me. so i just want to say people views on the iowa steak company are very wrong they have great product and reasonably priced and have the up most respect. i plan to do business those folks till i have no more teeth even than i`ll probally just invest in a blender. i hope everyone gets a chance to do business with the iowa steak company.
 29th of Jan, 2009 by   kitsy09 -1 Votes
I have been ordering with the Iowa Steak Co. for the past 3 years. I absolutly love their products, especially the filets, t-bones and the chicken. I have two representatives that I buy through and their names are Joel and Paul. They are very kind and always offer me the best deals. They also garuntee their products for up to one year from your purchase date from freezer burn or and for me that is some great customer service that has came in handy for me once or twice. They have made me a lifetime customer.
 30th of Jan, 2009 by   Pacheco 0 Votes
I work out of the Memphis office and we are proud to be serving the MidSouth for 3 years. Custmer Service is Number with my customers. Sounds like a disgruntled employee to me and upset he/she is not getting his way. Sounds like we should never employeed you because it is apperant you have not grown up yet and do not need to be working in sales.
 27th of Feb, 2009 by   RoseWater73 0 Votes
I completely agree. I had the exact same scenerio, but I warn you, the refund check I recieved from them was no good. Not only was the money taken back out of my account, but I was charged an additional $30 fee for cashing a bad check.
 18th of Mar, 2009 by   iowasteakssuck! 0 Votes
I live in Ohio and bought some of this horrible meat on 3/5/09. I asked for a refund - they stated that they would not cash my check and bring it back in a few days. They cashed it and came the next day for the meat!
I filed a dispute with my bank. Steve from the Akron office said that he will not give a refund. Horrible customer service, completel lies told to us. Our saleman actually told us that they were Omaha steaks - which are very good- I will only buy from them now on!
 24th of Apr, 2009 by   MI09 -1 Votes
There meat is good but yes there door to door sales reps will lie to get you buy and represent themselves as the competitior or tell you what you want to hear. I think this happens with only certain reps in certain areas, I'm sure corporate is not telling them to do this but in my opinion it's coming from local sales managers with quotas telling there people to do this or do whatever it takes to sell the product to make money, I personally have delt with this situation and it would only be the reason I don't buy from them anymore, but not becuase of the quality of the meat, what I bought and used thru the winter was all good meat and good quality, I just cooked the last of it last week and it all tasted great.
 2nd of May, 2009 by   100306 0 Votes
It starts with the president: He's a scumbag and his employees follow right along...
 14th of May, 2009 by   tena mayfield 0 Votes
i just bought some and cooked tried the tacoma no., they gave me disconnected i will stop check in the morning
 23rd of Jun, 2009 by   mrob 0 Votes
Iowa Steak Is a FRAUD COMPANY! DO NOT BUY FROM THEM!!! Meat is terrible and when you want to return the meat they never call you back. On the back of there receipt it clearly says that if they do not make the attempt to pick up the meat with in 20 days the customer may keep or dispose of the product. One day a rep came to my door and I bought 250 worth of meat. I hour later I called them up and told them to c0me get the meat because the vacuum packing was loose and the meat was freezer burnt. I called 4 times and then on april 4th they tried to come out to get the meat but I wasnt home. The note left said please call to reschedule. Now let me ask all of you this... If the note says please call to reschedule what does that mean? That means they will come out again to get the meat right? Well after april 4th I called 7 MORE TIMES and they never called me back. 3 months later I get a letter in the mail from there collector demanding the money plus a 30 return check fee! I called IOWA STEAK up and they said this----- What you expect us to come out 10 or 20 times? I told them no I dont expect that but your receipt doesnt give a limit to how many times you will try to pick it up. Besides when they left that note on April 4th it clearly says please call to reschedule. So within the 20 days that im givin to return the meat to them I called 11 TIMES!!! I will never do business with them again and will say nothing but negative reveiws for this company. I have currently hired a lawyer to resolve this since we cant use our checking account since they have flagged it. Save yourself the frustration and go buy meat from your local grocery store. Meat is 100% better and they will not screw you like this company does. I did find out from other postings that they wont call you back to get the meat because they can use that as an excuse. They think that if they dont call you then they can say that the customer never called them. They drag it on for the 20 days and then after that your stuck with the meat and the payment. The try really hard not to call you back. Dont believe me? Look at the other reviews.
 28th of Jun, 2009 by   Dpsych 0 Votes
My elderly parents were recently scammed by one of these guys, who worked his way into their home and ended up talking them into nearly $1000 of meat by promising them that he would take post dated checks. They are on a fixed income, and this was devistating. Also, the meat in the boxes was not the same cuts he promised. How very sad. Then, they went next door to my 95-year old Grandma's house and scammed her too. Next time they come back, I will ask them to leave with shotgun in hand.

Useful Information About Overdraft Fees