logo

Sky Go Courier Services, UK
Fake Courier Website
2. (22 mins ago)
AT&T
No level of competence in services
3. (57 mins ago)
The Bottled Wealth Holdings
Boiler room wine investment scam (Con't)
4. (1 hr 6 mins ago)

Posted:    Ana Maria C G Ribeiro

VERY HIGH PHONE BILLS

ANA MARIA C G RIBEIRO
Brazil
I USE A PUBLIC PHONE TO MAKE A INTERNATIONAL CALL THAT SUPPOSED TO BE THE LOWER EXPENSIVE AND I RECEIVED A BILL IN MY CREDIT CARD THAT VARIES FROM u$22, 38 TO u$98, 99 WITHOUT WITH THE SAME REFERENCE 12/31MINS THAT I DO NOT UNDERSTAND WHAT IT MEAN. I NEED A EXPLANATION FOR THAT. AT THE PHONE BOOT WAS WRITTEN " THE LOWEST" COST FOR INTERNATIONAL CALLS" OR SOMETHING LIKE IT.
PLEASE ANSWER ME amchaib@hotmail.com or by phone 55-86-3233-1396
Comments Brazil Telecommunications
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

21st of May, 2009 by   Selena 0 Votes
Hi! The same thing happened to me. Before accepting the charges I asked if the rates were like a normal collect call, they said yes. I talked for around 5 minutes and 57$ were charged to my credit card. I would like to reach the company...
 23rd of May, 2009 by   melissa 0 Votes
$31.51 USD for less than a 3min International call is Absurd, and frankly very sneaky. Do not use Verizon payphones!!
A good warning should be given... I can see I am not the only one.

But is this charge normal?

melljbox@yahoo.com
 26th of May, 2009 by   Adriana 0 Votes
I´ve just received my credit card bill and paniced. I did an international callect call while in the US using my Credit Card at a Verizon Public Phone, because it was impossible to place a reverse charge call (only machines talk to us or if a person answers she says that it can not be completed and not a single written information of instructions to place a called call reversed charge) and it costs me US$160, 51!!! Not even in a third world country, as we are called down the Ecuador line, a telephone company charges that huge amount for a phonecall. It´s outrageous.
 28th of May, 2009 by   dutcher 0 Votes
I called my husband from a pay phone and I got charged 23.01 and he didn't even answer Im beyond Pissed and need to get a hold of some one who might know the a contact number for this rip-off company!!! I think they should atleast give you the option of continuing the call once the amount per min is told to us. please email me if you can help cdutch@charter.net thanx
 29th of May, 2009 by   Shannon 0 Votes
I was in Arkansas and used an Alltel payphone to call my mother in Texas. I left her a two maybe three minute voice mail that showed up on my card for $35.36. This is ridiculous... we got scammed.
 1st of Jun, 2009 by   andrea 0 Votes
$47.14 for under two minutes from italy to the us using ios telecom.
outrageous.
I really want to do something to contest this charge.
any idea on how to approach this?
please feel free to email me at andreabonotto@yahoo.com
 12th of Jun, 2009 by   aka 0 Votes
the number is 1-800-226-2606. I was billed $50 and $40 respectively for two short credit card calls within the US.
 13th of Jun, 2009 by   Wilson 0 Votes
Different person, same story. High cost for short collect call from family member at Atlanta airport.
 7th of Jul, 2009 by   khocke 0 Votes
$42 charge from these ba$tard$ when my mom phoned my cellphone collect. Not even a 90 second call, from N Carolina to N Jersey. Arrgh, and no recourse.
 29th of Jul, 2009 by   pvillebrown 0 Votes
$27.08 posted to my credit card invoice for a collect call from Atlanta Airport on 7-24-09. Outrageous!!! No way to contact ISO TEL. I have filed complaint with my Credit Card Company and will try (?? may be easier tocontact ISO TEL than ATL Management) to contact Atlanta Airport to protest the charges and the fact there is no minimum/estimated cost posted for using the service. Be interesting to know how much the airport gets from ISO TEL!!!
 3rd of Aug, 2009 by   jvk 0 Votes
Same problem less than two minute call between Washington DC and Baltimore cost me $28. Verizon payphone I tried to dial direct and use pocket change to no avail. What a ripoff this company is.
 21st of Sep, 2009 by   G Duval 0 Votes
Run into same problem in july-august 2009 in New Hamphsire.

Called the 1-800- 266-2606 number and got a total refound for all the calls for which no one answered. (9 calls at 20$ each).

Thanks to customer service :Pat.
 2nd of Oct, 2009 by   janh 0 Votes
Got my credit card bill and had a charge or $42.58 for a 4 minute call from a pay phone in northern WI. I was unable to use my calling card from the pay phone, it would only accept my credit card. Never again will I make a call from any pay phone that won't accept my 800# phone card...even then I will be very hesitant to use any pay phone!!! No recourse... No refund...Nothing but a bit hit by an unethical scammer.
 3rd of Oct, 2009 by   Montreal 1000 0 Votes
We have been charged $54.14 for less than 10 min internet use in a computer in a food restaurant in LA.
 1st of Nov, 2009 by   thollo 0 Votes
I got ripped off by this company to, but I don't understand why do people allow ther pay phones in there business and the customers can't get in touch with the company? They charged me 34 dollars for about 4 to 5 minutes!
 4th of Nov, 2009 by   PaddyWacked 0 Votes
I was just charged $400 for an international call to Ireland. I dialed a prefix(1010834) that usually charges a .50 connection fee & 5 cents a minute but I've since learned they are out of business. Verizon charged me $3.80 a minute for the call. I am willing to pay a resonable charge(say the rate I would have been under with their international calling plan) but this is just way too much. It was interesting how many different levels of messages I had to manuver through to speak to a live person yet not one message came on to inform me how much I was being gouged during that call!
 4th of Nov, 2009 by   ileanardz 0 Votes
Same thing happened to me in te Dallas airport, there are no coin telephones, so you HAVE to use your credit card, i just called like 10 min and i was charge for more then 75 USD!

this sucks!

what can i do?
can i complain?

please tell me with who...

NEVER USE THIS PHONE (VERIZON WITH CREDIT CARD)
 10th of Nov, 2009 by   Simone T 0 Votes
Same thing happened to me. I was in Hollywood Studios (FL), called Brazil for less than 10 minutes and they charged me 103 USD!!!

Need help...
 24th of Nov, 2009 by   Nuuuts 0 Votes
Same thing here! The difference that I didn't even talk as the phone was only ringing!!! They chatged my Credit card $62.64 !!! Rip Off Batards!!! I didn't talk at alllll! That's outrageous..>!
 4th of Dec, 2009 by   BGG091 0 Votes
we need to get the word out BUT BIG...IOS sucks...I used a pay phone in an Atlanta airport, talked for 4 min and was charged $38.95...BBB will now about this...I am putting it everywhere not to use your card on these phones!

Homes: Rent or Buy?