logo

InventHelp Contacts & Informations

Posted:    Valerie

They are not to be trusted

inventhelp.com
I recently paid $760 for a Basic Information Package to help me market my product. The package was nothing but a rubber-stamp review supposedly of my invention. The next step was to give the company, INVENTHELP $10, 500 to market the product. Before doing so I sent a quick email to the salesperson in Boca Raton, Florida asking him to answer a few basic questions about the contract, royalties, etc. He never returned my call or answered my email. When I finally reached him, his answer was "If you don't trust us, we don't want to do business with you." He refused to answer any of the simple questions put to him. I suppose he was satisfied with the quick $760 with very little effort put into the project.
Comments United States Other
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

9th of Oct, 2008 by   Karen Gates +1 Votes
I was preparing to go forward with InventHelp, they seemed so professional (but a little pushy) on the phone but after reading this, I'm not using them. Thank you.
 29th of Mar, 2009 by   Wyndham Stockholders +1 Votes
Inventhelp, Invent Help, Invention Submission Corporation, Western Inventhelp

In a nutshell; DON’T BE STUPID! This is a company that has spent the last 25 Years developing a Legally Correct Sales Technique that preys upon the dreams, aspirations and wallets of the naïve.

The Company trains its sales-force to remain Legally Compliant while simultaneously “emphasizing” the strengths of its time in service and the power of the Company’s exclusive Data Bank of Companies that can’t wait to be the first to view your invention.

The sales-pitch is designed to lead one to believe that by following their financially compensated, exposure of your invention process your chances of success are all but assured. The “take-away” in the sales presentation is that, without their service, you will be assured of failure. After all, who better to introduce your product to Industry than the longest standing, dream evaporating, financially depleting, rip-off artists in the nation?

If paying Inventhelp nearly $1000 to create a topical summary of your invention that you could do yourself will make you feel good, then do it. I’m sure that you will be thrilled to share this Third Grade Style “Basic Information Package” with friends and family for years to come.

However, you may be better served by having a starving College Student prepare a presentation that would most certainly offer better representation, depth and appearance for a fraction of that price.
But wait that’s not all!

Should you choose to Finance Your Dreams toward success, Inventhelp will gladly Help You Dispose of anywhere from $9, 000 to $18, 000 of your Hard Earned Money. This exchange is for their Best Efforts to passively introduce your product or invention to a Secret Data Bank of Clients. These Clients have supposedly signed a Statement of Confidentiality. Thus, guaranteeing you that your invention won’t be stolen by some unscrupulous modifier.

I’ll bet that you feel better already!

If not, then I would suggest that you spend a few airfare dollars prior to your commitment of what could be well in excess of $10, 000; Invested to properly expose your invention to Industry through them.

The antiquated Headquarters located in the downtown Pittsburgh area will, no doubt, leave you with the impression of a dilapidated office complex furnished by the Salvation Army.

I don’t know about you but I would prefer to have any company that I hired to assist me with my dreams offer the appearance that they have the wherewithal to last long enough to take my money from me.

I can only imagine the impression that they leave upon that exclusive Data Bank of Companies that they present your invention to.

My guess is, once the laughter subsides, they must just look at each other in amazement knowing that this Company continues to pocket Millions of Dollars, every year, from the unknowing.

Last but not least, if you are foolish enough to disregard this information, then you deserve the Financial Beating that you are going to take.

By their own admission you will have a better chance of winning a Lottery than you will have an opportunity of success for their services.
 13th of Apr, 2009 by   Liz J> +1 Votes
You know, I am so glad I have found this site!!! You've got to hear this. I am not a religious fanactic, instead a deeply spiritual person/

I have an appointment with a sales rep in Michigan on this Saturday. His name is Paul Lutz.

Usually when I get excited about something and become committed to it - there is no turning back. Sometimes your excitement makes you vunerable. Even if you are not a spiritual person - you have to hear this. Right after making my appointment I asked a buddy of mine to pray that I will preceed cautiously and not get scammed like I have in the past.

Well he prayed and I went to InventHelp's website "just one more time."
As I was looking at the advertisement for some of the supposed "Key" people - I recognized one of the guys who is suppose to be the National Director as an actor who has been in many national commericials - One of the commericials is the "Hair Club." I was so outdone!!! The advertisment says his name is Clarence McGhee. Talk about the power of prayer. DOES ANYBODY HAVE ANY INTEGRITY?
 31st of Aug, 2009 by   Rebekah80220 +1 Votes
I have a really usefull invention, and I went with inventhelp. I paid out about $5, 000. in fees before I realized that I was truly being taken. They have all the words right, they have all the "literature" correct, etc.

But they ripped me off. I'm on disability, and thought this would be a way out of that vicious circle.
and they really cleaned me out. I made payments to them and hoped that it would all work out.

I owe a long term loan to a friend who out of his good hearted, good natured self, wanted to help me.
I KNOW I will pay him back. and I realize I have more ethics and integrity than inventhelp does.

They call here threatening me that they are going to report me to credit bureaus, etc.
I don't answer the phone when they call. I mourn the fact that I've been so taken in. I guess I'm not alone...

I wish there was a class action suit. I would participate in a heart beat.

rslevi@juno.com
 31st of Aug, 2009 by   konsela 0 Votes
I'm so sorry for your loss. Shame on Invent Help! I went to their office in Columbia, SC. Everything I'm reading on this site mirrors my experience with them. They also said I had a marketable invention and presented the infamous "sliding scale" of prices based on how high I wanted my invention to fly.
Then they presented all of the glossy promises but with a pretty steep price. When I balked at their fees, they began helping me "invent" ways to get money to pay them. They suggested borrowing money from my 401k. Although I laughed in their faces at this prospect, as I was leaving I was still wondering if I should have invested the money because they really do talk a great game. I'm so glad I didn't, but I truly feel for the people who got scammed. I can so relate to the sacrifices and hardship of coming up with that much money. It's so tempting though, because the other thing they do is preach the importance of "believing" in your invention. These people should be stopped. There really ought to be a law.
 29th of Oct, 2009 by   Anon2348 0 Votes
Why would people give money in exchange for promises to a company that advertises on TV? I blame our educational system. It does nothing to teach critical thinking. As a result, we have a nation of gullible old fools. Fools who don't care that our children are not being taught to be careful of advertising promises. So our educational system never changes and people don't learn to take the time to think when it comes to cons, scams, and hoaxes. I hate to see people suffer, but, unfortunately, they're getting exactly what they deserve. This won't change until we overhaul what is taught in grades 1-6 throughout the USA.
 20th of Jan, 2010 by   lucreisha 0 Votes
thanks, for giving me the heads up's i was thinking about sending $670 to them but, now i am going to do other things with my money. Like get me an apartment things i really need i was putting my apartment on hold for this. No thanks! I think i'll have a better chance selling my t shirts. Also, i feel why should you pay so much money to see if the invention even goes throu.soo... you spend all this money and you don't even get your invention made.
 8th of Feb, 2010 by   hardworking111 0 Votes
fuck invent scam they ripped off my brother but he still hasnt gave up on his dream kudos for him and shame on invent help.
 9th of Feb, 2010 by   AA3 0 Votes
They are very pushy and rude, I missed an appointment with Boca Raton, FL office because of an emergency; they called me all upset on the phone telling me that they are a serious business and they don't deal with people who are not serious and I should not waste their time. I am very serious about my invent and if I was not, I would not have contacted them. They seem very rude, all they had to say was would you like to reschedule your appointment, instead they fired off on me because I missed an appoinment. After reading this I am considering other ways of trying to get my invention out, I think they suck.
 13th of Feb, 2010 by   Mike Shepard 0 Votes
Inventheop ripped me off in tha amount of $45, 000. I am not forced to declare bankruptcy.
 13th of Feb, 2010 by   Mike Shepard 0 Votes
They ripped me off
 21st of Feb, 2010 by   a prayer 0 Votes
thank God for this and those of you who are informing those of us who chose to investigate this company. My prayer for those who got scamed, but just pray for justice, for all good things do come to an end, they can not continue in this manner sign A PRAYER
 8th of Apr, 2010 by   Anon2348 0 Votes
I think there is a special place in Hell reserved for fraudulent companies that extract lots of money from the poor or elderly (who frequently don't have the benefit of critical thinking that comes with being able to afford higher education). This includes television advertising production companies, agencies, networks, cable companies, and government regulatory agencies, expecially state Attorneys General, the FCC, and the legal system for not encouraging class action against such companies.

What makes this situation worse is the continued existence of companies like InventHelp and Helping Hands of America (run by a used car company) that not only extract money, but make lots of money on stolen ideas as well.

Notice to these companies: (1) you can only sue me for libel when the published statements are both damaging and false; (2) your days are numbered; soon state and U.S. government agencies will finally listen to the justified public outrage about scamming/fraudulent advertising and the unethical business models behind them.

David Spector
Massachusetts
 28th of Apr, 2010 by   Nado 0 Votes
I live in Victoria, Australia and I was scammed too, there must be something that can be done about this?
 14th of Jun, 2010 by   militaryguy09 0 Votes
Hey people, I had just set up an appointment last week to get my inovation under way when I started talking to attorneys about what I need to do to get my invention patent, I talked to some well known IP Attorneys that deal with innovations and ways to patent your idea using a temporary patent so that you may be able to market your invention without the middle man. Being in all seriousness most of the attorneys that I had spoke with told me about a company black list which is a list of all invent companys that are nothing more but a scam and that inventhelp is one of them. I found out that I could spend a grand and get me a temp patent for my innovation and save thousands by marketing it myself. My invention could be a million and possibly billion dollar invention so I'm gonna give the attorney a try first then go from there. to all of you inventors out there dont give up if you believe in your product it will happen and remember nothing comes without hard work an trial an error. god bless
 2nd of Jul, 2010 by   angelgirl272010 +1 Votes
Hey could you tell me all the companies on the black list? Is Patent Assistance Worldwide on there as well? I was dealing with Invent Help. If I now know that Invent Help is a scam, I shouldn't have to pay them the remaining money should I? it's $714 and they put me on bad credit so does anyone know how to get them to remove themselves from my credit report? Do they actually patent these ideas/inventions or is my invention idea still free to bring elsewhere? I really don't know what to do.

angelicalprincess23@yahoo.com

Any advice would be great.

Lisa Hunt

Complaint Rating:
Company information:
inventhelp.com

Comments United States Other
You marked this complaint as useful
More InventHelp complaints

InventHelp - fraud and plagarism

Comments Sort by: Date | Rating

2008-10-09 by Karen Gates [send email] +1 Votes

2009-03-29 by Wyndham Stockholders +1 Votes

Inventhelp, Invent Help, Invention Submission Corporation, Western Inventhelp

But wait that’s not all!

I’ll bet that you feel better already!

2009-04-13 by Liz J> +1 Votes

Well he prayed and I went to InventHelp's website "just one more time."

2009-08-31 by Rebekah80220 +1 Votes

I wish there was a class action suit. I would participate in a heart beat.

rslevi@juno.com

142 days ago by Nado 0 Votes

95 days ago by militaryguy09 0 Votes

77 days ago by angelgirl272010 0 Votes

angelicalprincess23@yahoo.com

you can contact the credit bureaus via mail and tell them of these scam and request that they take this company off your acct. Because it is a fraudulent company and request that they report information from legitimate companies only. And ask them to reply back via mail also, ask them to prove that this company is legitimate since they is reporting for this company. And that should solve your problem they have to report legitimate, repatible companies only.
 4th of Oct, 2010 by   chad7472 0 Votes
Thank you all for your comments. You have inspired me to cancel my appointment with them in Atlanta this Saturday.
 10th of Dec, 2010 by   lets work together put an end to scam +1 Votes
Good Day, My name is Deborah and I have been with invent help for one year. As of today I went through the date base the send me only to find out there were no match to my invention, I would love to start a class action against them. As we are all hard working people looking to make our dreams come true and should not be ripe off from company that are not real. I know this is not going to sit well with me I will be moving foward with this matter.

Sincerel
Deborah
 13th of Dec, 2010 by   TiffanyW 0 Votes
Has anybody made a complaint with the Better Business Beureau?

Last Minute School Shopping