logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (0 mins ago)
Diwip (Best Casino) (Pirate Slots)
Missing / Stolen Coins
4. (1 hr 5 mins ago)
Diya Foundation
Unethical measures in NGO
5. (1 hr 51 mins ago)
RPC Holidays (Royal Premium Club)
False commitments for package selling

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Posted:    marilynNic

pool defective pump

intex corp
Pennsylvania
I bought a intex pool last year and put it back up this year and the pool pump doesn't work. the impeller is broken and have heard many compaints about this company. we cannot buy parts from a retailer because intex does not sell to dealers. i think we should open a class-action suit against this company. with all the complaints on alot of websites something should be done to stop these people from ripping us off.
Comments United States Pool & Bath Services
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

26th of Jul, 2009 by   marilynNic 0 Votes
my name is marilyn and have similar complaints against intex corp. i have notified the state of california consumer affairs dept to lodge a complaint. i am seriously considering a class action suit against this company and will need names, addresses and email of all concerned. if you are interested please email me at galfrmjerz3@aol.com... i have sent emails to some of you that have posted complaints. if you would like contact me at galfrmjerz3@aol.com. i am waiting for all replies before contacting a class action attorney. thank you so much.
 27th of Jul, 2009 by   marilynNic 0 Votes
this is marilyn again. i spoke to a supervisor just now and he was no use to me. i advised him that all of us are going forward with a class-action lawsuit. i advised him to let his corporate office know that this pumps are not big enough, impellers are breaking and they are junk. got nothing from him at all so i will search now for an attorney. please send me your information because the attorney will need it.
1. name
2. address, city state, zip and
3. email address...

if you want you can include your phone number also.

lets take these jerks to court!!!
 4th of Oct, 2009 by   Buddy A 0 Votes
10/4/09 Folks I have to agree, something needs to be done about this issue. I just had to replace my entire Intex Pool Pump 635 after only a few months of use. Yes, they replaced it. And the company that the store (W-M) sold me the extended warranty for is a bigger joke. They told me they will only pay the $99.00 to replace the pump and NO extra meaning S&H is out of my pocket (that's WRONG) And only if it's a warranty problem, which means they want the pump sent to them first (at my cost) they check it out, mean while my pool is turning into a huge bird bath / frog pond (NO PUMP TILL ????) and if it's warranty they will send me the $99.00 to buy a new pump (what a joke) don't waste you money on the extended warranty... First thought I had to go through them, actually I only had to deal with Intex directly. (Under the original one year warranty) The actual impeller (pump core / armature) (what ever they are calling this item) the fins just came apart. Probably from a poor design of the control flapper inside. We should be able to buy any and all parts for anything we Americans buy here in America. Some my not want to but, that is their choice. I tried to upload a picture of the part needed, but isn't loading I'll try again. What can that part cost retail ??? Maybe $5.00 Heck a complete new 635 pump from Intex site is $99.00. Intex was, I have to admit very easy to deal with for the most part. Bottom line they need to start selling parts to the public, ie: customers that have bought their products. The real problem is why is Intex's impellers falling apart in just a couple of months, cages are covering the intake and discharge so nothing but water and a very very small bug or two is passing through the pump. ???? Hope this helps . Buddy from Baker Couty Fla.
 28th of May, 2010 by   Amy Joy 0 Votes
We had our pool stored for the winter as well. the pump worked this year for maybe 4 days and now nothing. Now I have two very sad children, because their pool isn't working. Please add me to your suit.
Amy Ruggles
21866 W. Main street
Lannon, Wi
 3rd of Jun, 2010 by   KristinD 0 Votes
I know it has probably been too long, but this will be the 3rd pump I have bought. Each year we have to buy a new one. Please add me to your suit also.
Kristin Damron
411 Wilgus St.
Proctorville, Oh 45669
 3rd of Jun, 2010 by   KristinD 0 Votes
It's Kristin again I also talked to the company. One guy hung up on me. Then a girl was just no help at all to me. I am tired of buying pumps for this pool. But I don't want my kids to go without it either. I forgot to leave my e-mail address in the last message it's damron@zoominternet.net. Thankd
 22nd of Jun, 2010 by   ckrose 0 Votes
I also have a intex pool pump 635 and the impellers are breaking they are junk. Please add me to your list.ckrose331@gmail.com Blue ridge, ga
 26th of Jun, 2010 by   Graciebear0402 0 Votes
I will have to agree. This pump Intex 635 is a piece of crap. It has been problem from the first day. It always ran very lound and had a knocking sound to it. This year when I went to put it up it would no longer turn on. I found out that the bushing in the propeller had worn with only a short use. I am very disappointed with it and have to purchase a new one. However, If i can i would love to avoid buying another from this company... please add me to your law suit.
candice0402@yahoo.com stanford, ky
 9th of Sep, 2010 by   zorro321 0 Votes
i have to agree 100% all six of the wings have broken off the water impeller and you cant buy pump parts anywhere so you have to buy a new pump.which is why they dont sell motor parts its all about making money.which is good for them and bad for the consumer.i think a law suit is a great idea.lets all stick together and show the intex corp.they cant treat customers like this and expect to stay in bussiness!!! canadiandew@yahoo.com
 31st of May, 2011 by   NanaElie 0 Votes
WE have to replace our pump as well becaus the impellars all broke after a few uses.i definitely believe as consumers we are being screwed by intex. tmelie@rochester.rr.com, Rochester, new York
 31st of Aug, 2011 by   s peck 0 Votes
I bought by pool in June and the pump has not been working for about 2 weeks now. I have tried to contact the company and have gotten no where. They never return calls or emails. I am very disappointed as is my 8 year old daughter. Please add my name to your list if it is not to late. Sindy Peck 214 april ct machesney park il 61115 email address is sindypeck@aol.com
 28th of Jul, 2012 by   Baneks 0 Votes
I am very disappointed by the behavior of firms Intex.
Has anything changed in the meantime? If someone managed to find the propeller?
And I join the appeal.
Branko Jovicic
baneks@hotmail.com
Kragujevac, Serbia
 11th of Aug, 2012 by   luckyapril7 0 Votes
I have 2 non working intex pumps. Add me onto the law suit.
Bobby Ngo
1239 e. Rowland ave
West covina, CA 91790
 26th of Apr, 2014 by   Sagard 0 Votes
Same problem. Impeller plastic coating has melted off but blades still intact. Won't do anything but vibrate and hum. The part is extremely hard to find and I cannot get anyone to help me with just that one part. Seems like they want you to buy a whole new complete filter and pump system... which ain't happenin'. Anyone else still planning on the class action law suit that was talked about earlier in the feed?
 4th of May, 2014 by   altaria 0 Votes
Took our pool down for winter, just tried the pump today dont work doesnt com on at all
 5th of May, 2014 by   joe crouch 0 Votes
Same here in new jersey stored it for winter and will not turn on cant beleve it open lawsuit
 21st of May, 2014 by   Marcia Collins 0 Votes
The impeller shaft is actually narrowed down in two places so it will wear out and break quickly. This design actually requires Intex to spend extra time and tooling to make it weaker! This is a clear case of planned obsolescence! I have pictures of this faulty impeller shaft and the damage it did to the impeller, exposing the magnets to cause rust and breakage. I would definitely like to be included in this class action lawsuit!

I purchased this larger replacement pump for my 15' pool hoping it would hold up better to no avail. I need this pool for medical reasons per my Heart and Pulmonary Specialists. I am completely and permanently disabled (on oxygen 24/7) from heart birth defects and I rely on this pool for daily rehabilitation. Unable to afford a gym (with pool) membership, I am forced to buy a third pump, knowing it will break again in a year or less. Intex should be forced to redesign their shafts and/or sell replacement parts at the very least. They are purposely designing faulty impellers and shafts for their pumps to ensure constant additional sales on every pool.

Marcia Collins

730 Bundaberg Lane
Rural Hall NC 27045
jorgeestolt@gmail.com
 20th of Jun, 2014 by   Vincent Tempist 0 Votes
Same situation, bought mine last year this year it doesn't work. Took it apart and the plastic around the magnet is cracked and the magnet is rusted and exposed. Can't find the impeller anywhere and I just spoke to them and they had me send the motor back to Consumer Services in CA., hope they send me a new one or you can add my name to the lawsuit...

Consumer Protection with Fox 2