logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (10 mins ago)
Pantothen website
Money has left my account but no product has arrived.
2. (46 mins ago)

scam

Interantional Vacation Services
South Carolina
vacationgift.net

The big red flag for you VACATIONGIFT.NET is the website you will use before being introduced the scam company "INTERNATIONAL VACATION SERVICES" IVS offers "free" (vacation packages) gifts which are not worth the taxes and service fees needed to redeem them... in exchange for your listening to a 90 minute +++ presentation They say no high pressure which is no the case. STAY AWAY from these hungry low lifes preying on the uninformed. If you've had a similar experience, post it online & help these guys find a real job. You can find much better deals online. All of the fees for membership go into these guys pockets.

Comments United States Vacation Clubs
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

9th of Mar, 2011 by   Truthful2011 0 Votes
I know someone who works for a service owned by them. They are a scam. They get hundreds of calls a day with people who want to complain and many who get no return call. Someone needs to report them please beware!
 19th of Mar, 2011 by   manhattaq1 0 Votes
VACATIONGIFT.NET is the website you will use before being introduced the company "INTERNATIONAL VACATION SERVICES" They offer "free" (vacation packages) gifts which are not worth the taxes and service fees needed to redeem them... in exchange for your listening to a 90 minute +++ presentation They say no high pressure which is no the case. STAY AWAY from these hungry low lifes reying on the uninformed. If you've had a similar experience, post it online & help these guys find a real job. You can find much better deals online. All of the fees for membership go into these guys pockets.
 19th of Mar, 2011 by   manhattaq1 +1 Votes
Yep, make timewasters like this disappear
 24th of Mar, 2011 by   IVS Contractor -2 Votes
I am not employed by International Vacation Services, however I do some freelance work for them from time to time which means I can see both sides of the story here. First and foremost, IVS is NOT a scam. They are absolutely a thriving, reputable company with thousands of satisfied customers.

As far as the promotional gifts, well, not much in life these days is free, so that term should be used loosely. If you do complete the necessary hoop-jumping, you will receive the rewards indicated in the voucher. And yes, the presentation is to try to sell you on the program, but it truly is of value to those who will use it long-term and particularly for booking condos. Nobody is forcing anyone to buy anything; attend the presentation, listen to what they have to say and if you decide it's not for you, no harm done.

International Vacation Services provides an excellent program that many find very valuable; there is nothing "scam" about them.
 27th of Mar, 2011 by   dwlesser 0 Votes
I just went to one of the presentations and received my validation forms for the travel certificates. What is the downside to submitting the form and deposit to obtain the certificates?
 29th of Mar, 2011 by   Kakoda +1 Votes
Never received promised package...$4593 taken from credit card. Sent certified letter to "their" address...postal service confirmed that letter still has not been signed for...hmmm reputable businesses pick up their mail daily!!! Do not buy into their smooth talk like we so stupidly did!!! BEWARE and just stay home!!!
 29th of Mar, 2011 by   IVS Contractor -1 Votes
dwlesser - There is no downside to submitting the form and despoits. As I mentioned, if you complete the necessary requirements you will get the promotional items. It's up to you whether you decide to go for it or not.

Kokoda - How long ago did you attend the presentation? Was the certified letter you sent in attempt to cancel your services or to check on the status of your welcome kit?
 2nd of Apr, 2011 by   debbie100 +1 Votes
In response to this chat list: I am glad that I was able to read these complaints immediately when I got home after charging $4, 593 to my American Express card. I grew alarmed after reading these posts, and the BBB F rating. I immediately sent by certified mail my intent to cancel IVS services to the address on the contract, and like Kakoda's experience, no one picked up or signed for the mail. Fortunately, American Express is good about resolving customer disputes. All I can advise is, keep electronic copies of all your paperwork in case you ever want to dispute. I believe this truly is a disreputable firm and a scam. Why are new members not allowed to view the website until they receive their personal pin and user number 2 weeks later? After 2 weeks, they may disappear. The presenter's word is all you have, and in hindsight, anyone can make a powerpoint presentation with pretty pictures and bogus "savings". If Kakoda never received the welcome package, well, that is alarming!
 28th of Apr, 2011 by   H. Miller 0 Votes
Has anyone used the "free" cruise or the "free airfare"?
 4th of May, 2011 by   randy warkentin +1 Votes
The "free" gifts promised are not free at all. You have to pay so many fees and jump through so many hoops and red tape that we threw our "free" gift vouchers away. They also at the presentation "admitted" that the promotion phone call to get us there had been misleading and they just "happened to have" a complaint letter for us to fill out so "they could 'fix it.'" Other time share presentations we have gone to had REAL gifts, like $150 in visa gift cards, Disneyland trips, a 3 night stay in Encinada Mexico, and an overnighter in Los Angeles. This is the most misleading company I have ever dealt with. DO NOT GO TO THEIR PRESENTATIONS!
 4th of May, 2011 by   H. Miller 0 Votes
Thanks Randy- this is what we thought...
 11th of May, 2011 by   ME4u +1 Votes
Wow I should see that this is a bad deal, I was to get a email with all the info for our 90 min. BS set to get our free vacation, condo or free air fair to vegas and a stay! from what I hear here I do not want to get involved with this sort of deal!
 12th of May, 2011 by   zacymutts +1 Votes

14th of May, 2011 by   Billie and Hank +1 Votes
Upon returning home from a presentation from at first an unknown provider of travel services, we were impressed with the concept, not especially with the freebe. However, the fact that there were two addresses listed in the Membership Enrollment Agreement started us thinking - only after we went on line to look at the company. One address is for Rutherford St., Landrum SC and the other to cancel is a box number in Aynor, SC quite a distance from Landrum to whom a certified letter is to be sent. Who can sign for a receipt of a certified letter in a box number?
 15th of May, 2011 by   Tarra9 +1 Votes
I wish I checked them out online before getting involved with International Vacation Services/Travel Services Unlimited. Their Sales presentation is a scam. There were 8 couples who attended the day we did. Everyone purchased the service. My husband and I think that many of the couples were hired by International Vacation Services to get us to follow the crowd. When trying to book my first trip, their prices were the same as CheapCarribean.com. Travel Services Unlimited actually admitted to me that they book a lot of their trips through this site. They were actually on my side and agreed that the sales company(International Vacation Services) that sold their service misrepresented their service. I am so happy that I made this purchase on American Express. I immediately put the charge in dispute back in February. I was told that International Vacation Services had until May 12 to submit the contract I signed. They never answered AMEX after many requests! I got a full credit to my account. I am so relieved. A couple of months ago when I checked the BBB site, their was only 1 complaint. Today there are 12 complaints. Be ware, do not be fooled - DO NOT fall for their free gift (which is bogus!) or their service - it is a total scam!!!
 4th of Jun, 2011 by   dcautious 0 Votes
I'm so glad I read these comments this morning. My wife and I were scheduled to meet with IVS at 10am this morning. I do not think I will waste my time. Thanks for the postings. We will stick with conventional (and reputable) methods for booking our vacations.
 18th of Jun, 2011 by   Jpasse 0 Votes
Thank the lord for these complaint websites...My husband and I are also scheduled to attend a mtg on Tues. June 21st...your comments saved us a trip...but we are curious...we were offered 2 free 8 day cruises on carnival, ( not a cruise line we would choose ) and 2 roundtrip airline tickets...does anyone know how much they were asked to pay in fees, taxes and port charges? We have cruised many times and the fees associated with 8 day cruises are not usually unreasonable...thanks
 21st of Jun, 2011 by   ziggypbang 0 Votes
Look out Indianapolis! These hucksters are peddling their fictitious wares at the Holiday Inn North this week, and my husband and I just fell for it. I will get a cancellation letter sent by certified mail tomorrow, and I also plan to notify my bank in the morning. We consider ourselves intelligent people, and I can't imagine how we got taken in. There were red flags, looking back on in now. Particularly the fact the company name and location change from TSU to IVS in the paperwork, and IVS has no location, only a P.O. Box. Duh! I can't believe we got taken in. Crossing our fingers that we get our money back!!!
 27th of Jun, 2011 by   diback 0 Votes
I am so glad I read this sight as we were stupid enough to go sit through the 90 min. BS but with the help of this sight We will not be stupid enough to send any money in for there so called free air fare or free cruise. Thanks to everyone for the warning. Atleast we do not buy without sleeping on it first because they make it sound so good. but then I came home and did some resurch so we wont be buying in to there scam.
 28th of Jun, 2011 by   Jack Benny 0 Votes
I will attend their 'promo' this week.
I will have some comments to post . My nick name is 'Jack Benny' - my brother is 'Mr Burns' ...Think about it.
I LOVE to have fun with these kind of people.
I love to eat baked beans and scrambled eggs just before I show up to "promo"

Most Expensive Cities for Car Insurance