logo

Poor Service

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

International Language Programs, Provo, Utah Complaints & Reviews - bad time with ILP

International Language Programs Contacts & Informations

International Language Programs

Posted:    notnotapples

bad time with ILP

International Language Programs
363 N University Ave # 104 Provo, UT 84601-8423
Provo, Utah
Phone: (801) 374-8854‎
I went with International Language Programs (ILP) to Kiev, Ukraine in the spring of 2008. I had some good experiences, saw lots of cool stuff, learned a lot, and made lifelong friends. Their teaching method was excellent, and the kids we worked with were fun and learned a lot. However, I found several aspects of International Language Programs to be worrisome and unsatisfactory. Although the kids learned a lot, they all came from wealthy families. The private schools we taught in made a lot of money off our volunteer work, and ILP provided no opportunities to worked with actual underprivileged children; this is especially unfortunate considering Kiev has a huge need for this kind of work. I also felt ILP was unorganized and poorly administrated, and their employees seemed more interested in doing their own thing. I saw many volunteers put in situations that were unpleasant and sometimes downright unsafe. Host families were unsatisfactory around the board. I have a more detailed review at: http://ilpretrospect.blog.com.
Comments United States Other
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

17th of Aug, 2009 by   yaaay 0 Votes
I feel bad for you, because you whine so much. I had a great experience. I have no idea why you waste so much time telling people how much they hate this program. I know a handful of people who have gone and had a life-changing experience. Get a life.
 1st of Dec, 2011 by   Iamconcerned 0 Votes
would love to read your blog - what happened to it? it is gone

Hackers Target BBB