logo

Liberty Power
Beware
3. (13 mins ago)
Scotts Lawn Service
Scotts lawn service is crooked
4. (24 mins ago)
ID CHIEF LEGIT?
Not a complaint just question!
5. (25 mins ago)
POBAMA25@YAHOO.COM - SCAMMER
POBAMA25@YAHOO.COM IS A SCAMMER - DO NOT ORDER FROM HIM

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

International Award Payment Center, Maple Ridge, British Columbia Complaints & Reviews - Misleading Scam

International Award Payment Center Contacts & Informations

International Award Payment Center

Posted:    Don Ackert

Misleading Scam

Maple Ridge, British Columbia
Canada
I received a courier envelope today from the Company above, listing their address, to submit return Form and cash, check or money order for 20$ to : International Award Payment Center (IAPC) 1401 Armour Road, N.Kansas City, MO 64116 USA. I know you have laws to deal with these lowlife types and hope this letter helps you charge the people running this scam.: Contact me at: arebelyell@hotmail.com

Good luck
Don Ackert

International Award Payment Center International Award Payment Center International Award Payment Center

Comments Canada Scam & Fake Checks
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

12th of Mar, 2009 by   sthom 0 Votes
I to received the same as above, today, March 12, 2009. I had a good chuckle when the envelope showed immediate response is requested and beside that it showed a date of 2008. I guess they think we are all losers, when in fact they are really the low life of the world. S. Thomson, Ontario, Canada
 17th of Aug, 2009 by   G.Taylor 0 Votes
I also had the pleasure of receiving promises of `money for nothing` with the post recently.
I would be very happy if there was a way of getting at the filth in human costume behind these tricks.
G.Taylor, Göttingen, Germany
 21st of Sep, 2009 by   J.M.D. 0 Votes
How does someone naive of sweepstakes protocol gather that such documentation being delivered by U.S. Mail is actually a wolf in sheeps wool? If in fact, I.A.P.C., is awarding contestants and following guidelines setforth by Federal and/or State Law, congratulations to the winners! I would hope you all are encouraged to speak out on your experience with I.A.P.C..

please send all comments and replies to: jemired@gmail.com
 13th of Oct, 2009 by   JMCB 0 Votes
I too received the above said documentation. It is thrilling to think that I am a winner of (wait for it!) $15, 000.00. I have a better chance of obtaining that amount from farmtown! LOL!
After reading the fine print on the back I discover that I am only one of 204, 000 people who are ACTIVATED in this scam and my $20.00 will win me the money! BAH Humbug! Don't buy it for a micro minute! My advice? DON'T FALL FOR IT FOLKS!

J.B, Ontario, Canada
prefer not to put in my last name, too few of us, too easy to end up on someone elses
scam list!
 28th of Dec, 2009 by   Kerrylea 0 Votes
I am sick to death of these phony s.o.b.'s sending me this crap in the mail. In the last 6 months alone I have received correspondence from 5 different award places that claim I won a big check & that they would sure like to send it to me for the low, low, price of $$$$$!!! They make me sick!!! I usually throw the crap in the trash, but this time I'm sending a request for them to just take the $ 9.00 fee out of my check before they send it!!! HA! HA! If there is any legal recourse that can be taken, count me in! I would love to sue their ASS!!! Sincerely, K. HAWK
 28th of Dec, 2009 by   jnvc 0 Votes
Today I got 3 different letters asking for my money and that I won, I look at the very top of each letter and saw the same "account number" on all 3 letters. How stupid can they be, I got these in the same night and there almost all the same. I always look to see if they want monies or if they have a P.O. Box address, right there I can tell it is a scam. And why would they want to give me money? I usually wright F U on the return letter, its worth the stamp. PLEASE DON'T SEND ANYONE MONEY, IF THEY HAVE A MILLION $ TO GIVE THEY WOULDN'T BE ASKING FOR TEN $ JENNY
 19th of Jan, 2010 by   little devil 0 Votes
i live in belguim i to got 2 envolopes saying i won this money ..
but im not stupid enough to send them money of anykind .
i always say if this is true why do people have to pay money to resive the winnings
in other words they should send the money by cheak to the winners and not have them pay for it.
 15th of Mar, 2010 by   HERON 0 Votes
I'm from Australia and today i received a letter from this place to say i won $15, 000.
I notice all these complaints are from people who have just thrown the letter away.
Can anyone actually say they sent the money ($25 - for me), and didnt receive their prize.
I am really curious because how have they been able to operate this long without being shut down.

HERON
 31st of Mar, 2010 by   Shan1 0 Votes
Yes, this is one of the three letters I received too. This is so sad, because someone who is not familiar with the internet or google could easily fall prey. I am so pleased to be the winner of 15 million, but why would I have to send a 20 cashier's check to get it (yeah, right!) I hope they catch these scammers! :( ugh!!!
 31st of Mar, 2010 by   huddie 0 Votes
I received 2 letters from this mob, onr yesterday and one today. Don't they realize that we are not as gullible as they think we are? On both occassions they asked me for Australian $ 25/ What a joke, these pathetic, mindless morons.
 18th of Jun, 2010 by   Eddie77 0 Votes
Yes, i received the same letter stating that i have won $15000, asking me to send $20 for the registaration process, how could this Guys think that i will ever fell for this no brain little boys scam, i am from nigeria and had seen millions of this kind. they need to be short in the head or cut off their mother fucking dick.what is the United States government doing on this issues, i thought they know much and could have deal with this bastards. i reseve my anger for another day hoping to receive another letter.
 15th of Jul, 2010 by   Loralai Enyo 0 Votes
I have to agree, A friend of mine recieved the same letter, just to make sure i googled the company name and came up with this, also i used an address tracking system and found that the address came up at a residential area for the street address, but the nearest post office was at least a mile away lol. These people are too damn lazy to hunt for a job so they resort to scams :P btw they are getting desperate they lowered the "fee" to $9. I have already given the address and envelope to the BBB :P let them sort it out. maybe the post office and any organization that uses a PO Box should require a photo be taken to get that box :P then we could post the photos of these scam artists everywhere someone would find them XD
 9th of Aug, 2010 by   Beatrice Grover 0 Votes
These scamers will never starve to death, as they have too much "CRUST" BMA--CANADA and damn proud of it.
 19th of Aug, 2010 by   Mrs_B 0 Votes
I see this has been running for some time now. I have just received this very official looking letter asking me to pay a discounted fee of CAD $20 for entry and registration in order to receive a payment of US $ 15.000, 00.
Does not make any sense at all of course as I have never heard of them and never enrolled in any contests. The funniest thing – they did not even bother to get my name right.
I hope finally someone in position to deal with them reads all those reports. 20 does not seem much but if you consider how many people may be desperate enough to pay it in order to get quite a fixer, IRS should definitely be interested in International Award Payment Center (IAPC) bottom line.
 19th of Aug, 2010 by   Told 0 Votes
August 19, 2010. Just received mine today. Usually just trash it but decided to look it up today and found this. Don't even think about it. Alberta, Canada.
 21st of Aug, 2010 by   Silverenegade 0 Votes
Just got my 2 letters today. Haven't checked my mail in a week or 2, tho, so it could've been sitting there. The inside date is Aug 9/10 but the outside date is 2008. As a previous writer stated, I decided to look them up & found this site, among others. Some people wonder how this company can stay in business for so long. As long as someone is willing to respond, they can stay in business. These letters do state clearly in the Rules, tho, that it's NOT a lottery or sweepstakes. It's a Contest of Skill & the requested fee is your cost to participate in this contest. Therefore, they are not charging anyone to participate in a random lottery.

I've also read that some people don't know how they can have won this cash when the winner isn't determined till the contest is over. The letter states that
contigent upon your valid qualifying entry & pending official declaration as the final winner, THEN you win. The Rules state that the contest goes through several rounds of puzzles & the winner is the person who gets the highest score in the final round. In the event of a tie, all winners will share the prize equally.

What ticks me off is how the hell they got my name? I'm careful what I subscribe to so despite that fact the letter is going into the garbage, now I have to take the time & spend the 52¢ for the stamp to tell them to lose my name. What a royal pain!!

Silverenegade
 20th of Nov, 2010 by   HONOR COURAGE COMMITMENT 0 Votes
I just got a letter from these guys today!!! If you wrote this in 'o9, I think that the system we put faith in to rid this great country of stunts like this. seriously, what are the Police working for... 1 YEAR LATER AND THE SAME STUFF IS GOING ON?!! WOW
 14th of Dec, 2010 by   Albertagirl 0 Votes
Just had a family friend who is unfortunately certified and mentally unstable inform my mom that she sent out the sum of nearly $950 to this company in 35 odd cheques. We had to go into the bank and cancel her bank account to avoid these cheques from being processed. She's on welfare and in no way can afford to lose that kind of money. I'm just furious that there are people out there that prey upon seniors and people that are incapable of making proper choices. These people need to be shut down, jailed and put away. Simply put...
 15th of Jan, 2011 by   maybe4486 0 Votes
i recieve letter form INTERNATIONAL AWARD PAYMENT CENTER. Janurary 15, 2011. they want me to send $9.00 for processing fee. Im glad i search they name and found out it scam, , they should put peoples in jail for this bull chit. how hard time is now, playing with some on life as cash winner. cause i was very happey when i 1st read letter saying im $15, 000.00 winner.
 17th of Feb, 2011 by   Maxy 0 Votes
I received a letter 17 February 2011 Australia from INTERNATIONAL AWARD PAYMENT CENTER- they ask for $25 AUD discount of $5 AUD for processing etc. seems this company raises its ugle head every so often...be ware..great to have website to display scams..hope it helps.

New Gadgets to Monitor Home Power