logo

Choice Home Warranty
Non payment for repairs
2. (3 mins ago)
Choice Home Warranty
Fraud, failure to pay, lying
3. (10 mins ago)
Very poor Customer service

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

International Award Advisory, Huntington Station, New York Complaints & Reviews - Award Winnings

International Award Advisory Contacts & Informations

International Award Advisory

Posted:    Jason

Award Winnings

International Award Advisory
P.O. Box 8050
Huntington Station, New York
I actually scanned the letter I received in the mail and I posted it here so as help others that my receive the same thing. I think it is sad that people will actually stoop to this level, to play on hard working people's emotions. It's truly unfair and vicious, and I think that they should be held accountable. It's good that we are making the complaints, but who is actually doing something about it?

'AYMEN'
CONFIRMED RECIPIENT:

Dear :
This is your official notice that $3, 175, 536.00 is now due to be paid, ,
upon selection and your identity has been positively confirmed. Accordingly, Transaction File
*20081833258* has been opened in your name in connection with this matter.
This is not a sweepstakes entry or contest solicitation. It is your Official Notification that you have been definitely qualified and confirmed eligible to immediately receive $3, 175, 536 Cash/Prize Payment Enumeration and Documentation win opportunities, which will be transferred to you upon receipt of your signed Transaction Authorization (below).
THIS IS A TIME-SENSITIVE TRANSACTION AS STIPULATED DEADLINES MUST BE MET AND THEREFORE TRANSACTION FILE *20081833258* CAN ONLY BE HELD OPEN IN YOUR NAME JASON ROBERTS, UNTIL THE DEADLINE STATED ABOVE.
Our data printouts have been carefully checked, and compilation runs have been completely verified. Provided we receive your authorization (postmarked by midnight of date stated)in a timely manner, we will immediately release to you the entire $3, 175, 536 Cash/Prize Payment Enumeration and Documentation entry directives to you at the address we have for you on file. Please make sure address information is correct and valid before mailing.
WARNING: IT HAS BEEN OUR EXPERIENCE THAT SO MANY CONSUMERS FAIL TO COLLECT SIGNIFICANT CASH WINNINGS SIMPLY BECAUSE THEY MISS ENTRY DEADLINES OR FAIL TO COMPLY WITH REQUIRED PROCEDURES. DON'T LET THIS HAPPEN TO YOU. GUARANTEE YOUR WIN OPPORTUNITIES BY RETURNING SIGNED TRANSACTION AUTHORIZATION PROMPTLY.
We anxiously await your timely reply so we can complete this urgent transaction to your full benefit.
Sincerely, with all salutations and good blessings,

INTERNATIONAL AWARD ADVISORS
Paul Terry
Supervisor, Notifications Directorate
: DETACH CLAIM FORM, SIGN AND RETURN WITH REMITTANCE IN REPLY ENVELOPE PROVIDED J.

Transmittal Authorization

Must be postmarked by midnight:
TRANSACTION FILE No:

Febuary 11, 2009 *20081833258*

PRIZE ENUMERATION & DOCUMENTATION
**$3.175.536.00**

By my signature below, I hereby verify that I am responding before the deadline stipulated, and that I am the identified candidate named herein, that I am a legal resident at the address
Comments United States Other
Was the above complaint useful to you?
More International Award Advisory complaints
International Award Advisory - Letter recieved in the mail!

Comments

13th of Mar, 2009 by   irma carrion ramos 0 Votes
this is irma carrion ramos speaking if you need to contact me
call me at
(203) 745-3218
or write me to my son gabriel vega emails address
email address= gvega78@yahoo.com
 30th of Mar, 2009 by   stephanie young 0 Votes
where is my winnings
 30th of Mar, 2009 by   stephanie young 0 Votes
don't understand where is my winning
 27th of Jun, 2009 by   janus 0 Votes
i had recieve a letter like a person who have won but there was a something at the bottom to sign and i wanted to know if you got it ... and this is my transaction file no; 20098439715... my name is JANUS BADETTE my address 12990 ne 6av #17 miami fl 33161
 12th of Jul, 2009 by   KD4EFM 0 Votes
Will someone take these "AWARD" agencies to the cleaners and use the money to fund O'Bama Health Care Reform Bill??

I was sent one for 2.5 Million Dollars... I want to do it just to mess with them enough to take them to the cleaners and rake their NONE MONEY accounts CLEAN OUT.
 6th of Aug, 2009 by   gavinNzoesmama 0 Votes
i also recived the letter stating that i too had won 2.5 mill and i like a idiot sent them $20 and then in return recived 4 more letters telling me i had won different amounts and to send $20 to each of them as prize winnings precessing fees how sad well i hope this scam gets taken care of!
Rachel M of MT
 14th of Sep, 2009 by   CollegeFreshMan09 0 Votes
I just received the letter in the mail today, i was suspicious because they didn't leave a number or anything if i had questions about my winnings. So i looked online, thank you guys you really saved me time money and my sanity.
 5th of Oct, 2009 by   Dfz 0 Votes
Oct 5th 2009

I just got about the same letter Oct 5th saying they got the information Oct 2nd, and they need $20.00 buy Oct 16th. I had to check it out. Thanks guys It is a rip off and there is another outfit with the same bull and the same name in Calif. Anyone know a lawyer that can get theses crooks locked up?? Darrell Port Charlotte Fl
 7th of Oct, 2009 by   Regina Carey 0 Votes
I also received a letter today saying I won a large amount of money from International Award Advisors and needed to send in $20.00 by Oct 16 I must admit I was tempted and checked it out online. I live in Ky and have no idea how they got my name and address. They must be finding some people that are falling for this scam or they wouldnt continue. Thanks Regina
 13th of Oct, 2009 by   LILSEAN 0 Votes
THE CATCH IS SIMPLE! THEY ARE DUMB ENOUGH TO ASK FOR CASH! NO CONTACT NUMBER, WHAT BUS ARE THEY RIDING, SEND THEM A HELMET!
 15th of Oct, 2009 by   DARRELL WALKER 0 Votes
I AM SO GLAD I LOOK ON LINE TO SEE COMMENT ON THIS SCAM BECAUSE PEOPLE
WILL DO ANYTHING FOR MONEY NOW DAY IT SHOULD BE AWAY THAT THESE PEOPLE SHOULD GET LOCK UP
 26th of Oct, 2009 by   Michele Mclean 0 Votes
Thanks for the helpful info. They got me pretty good for $40. I never cried so hard when I found out it was a scam. I did receive three more letters. I did send them back with a nice message and no money :0
 12th of Nov, 2009 by   Jazzy357 0 Votes
I just received my letter today stating that I had won $2.5 million. I'm so glad that I checked it out first.
 13th of Nov, 2009 by   Daniel Cyr 0 Votes
If I, m not mistaken we can sue for false advertising.I just got the same
letter for 2.5 million, I, m glad I also this out, before sending them
money.

Dan Cyr
 1st of Dec, 2009 by   GMY +1 Votes
Got my winning letter yesterday, for $ 2.5 mill. Is anybody with authority doing anything about this scam? I can't believe that this has been allowed to go on for years without any action from law enforcement or other agencies.

Gunnar
 20th of Jan, 2010 by   Donald C Readler 0 Votes
1-20-10 I got the same letter stating that I was picked as the person that was selected to get 2.5 mil - I'm glad that my Daughter looked it up on the web before I sent $ 20.
Thanks...Don R Saugerties NY
 8th of Feb, 2010 by   David CP 0 Votes
Yes. It is a scam. I received this letter saying that I was a 2.5 million dollar winner as well. No I did not send them any money ($20.00), but I must say that the printing is good. But, just to make a point; Anytime you are asked to send money for a fee should raise a RED FLAG. Especially if they request payment through the mail with CASH being one of the options. Someone needs to hang out at the post office box (8050) in Huntington Station in New York and see who picks up the mail. If lived in New York that is what I would do.
 22nd of Mar, 2010 by   LindaVinson 0 Votes
My husband received the same letter and document in the mail today. It looks official with stamps and validating signatures. I was also concerned about there not being a phone number to call with questions, aside from the fact I didn't remember entering anything and I don't think money would be required to transfer winnings. I'm glad I checked this out. Is anything being done about these scams?
 1st of Oct, 2010 by   Nail them 0 Votes
I'm glad I'm not the only one that almost fell for this scam. My "official notification'" reflects $1, 690, 000 requiring a $19.99 alleged "guaranteed delivery fee". Fortunately, because I was nearly caught for a sucker with a similar letter a short wile back when I had sent a check and cancelled it the next day after a Google search revealed them as running a scam . This time I checked this site first and will simply ignore trash.

Thanks to all honest people who care.
 11th of Oct, 2010 by   snotter 0 Votes
11.10.2010

I received the same letter winning : 1.69 million Euros and the fee is also in euro's 19, 99 but I have to send the letter back to an address in Netherland (APA in WEESP (Netherland) and the letter was posted in Hong Kong. Strange don't you think so. I will send the letter back without the fee and tell them that they may take the cost for sending from the amount they want to transfer to me.

RAMHARTER wILLY