Instrument Alley

Instrument Alley
I had ordered an item and needed it by a certain date. The item did not say back ordered or not in stock so i assumed they had it. After a few days went by and they had not shipped my item i checked on my status and now it says not in stock. I called to cancel my order my call went straight to a voice mail. Continued calling for days and days different hours every time to try to get someone to answer the phone call. I had e-mailed left message after message to cancel my order and never spoke to anyone. I checked the status of my order and the order was no longer on my profile so i thought they got my message. Three months later I am charged for the order, now i am calling and calling and the same thing is going on no answer just voice mails. I will never do business with someone like this ever!
Complaint comments Comments (7) Complaint country United States Complaint category E-Shopping
Was the above complaint useful?

22nd of Dec, 2010 by    +1 Votes
I am very disappointed in INSTRUMENTALLEY.COM customer service. They have no live person to speak to for customer service issues. I placed an order for my son for christmas and was thinking that i would get it in time for xmas and I check the status of the order a couple days after and the status said not in stock. What kind of service is this? if i had known it was not in stock before placing the order i would NOT order from this website, i would have definitely went shopping elsewhere. THIS IS RIDICUOLOUS, I called countless times to cancel my order and emailed and NO RESPONSE, just a voicemail. THIS IS A SCAM and not a legit place to shop from. YOU cannot even cancel your order. They are selling things on this website that they do not even have in stock and they do not inform you before placing the order that the item is not in stock. I DO NOT RECOMMEND this website. BEWARE SHOPPERS, THIS IS A FAKE!
 11th of Feb, 2011 by    0 Votes
I think these complaints are exaggerated. I ordered a The Loar LM-700 mandolin over their web site Jan. 10, 2011. It showed as in stock at the time. I received an e-mail from Ben a couple of days later stating that it had just gone out of stock and that it would be 2-6 weeks before he could fill my order. I was not in a great hurry so that didn't bother me. The mandolin was shipped to me by FedEx on Feb 3 and arrived in perfect condition Feb. 10 complete with high quality hard shell case and leather strap as promised. My credit card was not billed until the instrument shipped.

I have heard reports of internet sellers taking orders without having stock and placing them once they have received sufficient orders to cover the cost. I don't know if this is the case with Instrument Alley or not. In any case, considering the excellent price and free shipping, I think the small delay in delivery was well worth it. Overall, I am pleased with the service i received from Instrument Alley and would not hesitate to buy from them again.

Jay Hunt
Hooksett, NH
 14th of Aug, 2013 by    0 Votes
I ordered an Eastwood Guitar from InstrumentAlley last Friday. received it today. Not only did they deliver as promised, they wrote me on Tuesday and took an additional $40 off since I e mailed them and said I noticed it went on sale after I ordered it. I can't say enough about how fast they acted and how well I was treated. I have read a lot of threads about them being a lousy company to do business with. i disagree and will not hesitate to use them again if they have a product I am looking for.
 29th of Oct, 2013 by    0 Votes
I ordered an instrument and received a notice from FedEx that it was ready for pickup for shipping. It never so I contacted FedEx. They said it was never available for pick up even though asked to do so. I then tried to contact instrument alley. No one answered the phone (I left messages) and emailed them. Never a reply of any kind. I do not recommend using them.
 27th of Jul, 2014 by    0 Votes
I purchased a Goldstar banjo from instrument-alley in 2012. It arrived on time and in perfect condition. I plan on making another purchase from them. I think that you just can't please some people.
 23rd of Feb, 2015 by    0 Votes
I am sad to say that I had a pretty terrible experience trying to order from Instrument Alley. When placing my order the availability listed a ship date of approximately 2 weeks. After placing my order, Ben told me that it could take up to 8 weeks. As I needed the guitar sooner than that, I said I would need to cancel my order. I did this within 24 hours of the initial order. Ben then informed me that there is a $10 cancellation fee. I understand that availability can change, but charging a $10 fee when the new timeline doesn't work for the customer is extremely unethical. I tried to fight the charge and they were unwilling to budge. Ben said it probably wouldn't be a full 8 weeks, so the fee was justified. If he had made that clear from the start I probably would have waited, but by the time he gave me an accurate estimate of the timeframe, I had already purchased the guitar from another retailer. I can't believe they have such an unethical policy as to mislead the customer on availability and then charge the customer when he is unwilling to wait. So, buyer beware. If you need an instrument on a timeline, I would NOT recommend purchasing from this company. If they can't deliver when they say they will, they will charge you a fee to cancel.
 17th of Apr, 2015 by    0 Votes
I have had the exact same experience as described by several people here. I ordered something in stock only to find out several days later it was out of stock and on backorder. It has been now been over 40 days since my order and the last correspondence from instrumentalley a little over a week ago indicated that they had no idea when my order would be in because it was stuck in customs. I understand things like that can happen, but I needed the guitar for an upcoming gig so I asked them to cancel the order. It has been 7 days now and I have sent three e-mails and still have not gotten a response. Up until I asked for a refund it never took them more than a day or two to get back to me...

Contact Us