logo

Fake Passport Websites
Scam or Real?
4. (56 mins ago)
www.convertvcetopdf.com
They didn’t provide orders and could take more money from me
5. (1 hr 13 mins ago)
Anastasiadate.com
scam; overbilling

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Instant Tax Service, Dayton, Ohio Complaints & Reviews - Fraud, Theft of refund check

Instant Tax Service Contacts & Informations

Instant Tax Service

Posted:    Mr.R Brown

Fraud, Theft of refund check

Instant Tax Service
Dayton, Ohio
To whom it may concern:

My name is Dorothea Trent, and I am writing with concerns that I was cheated out of my tax money on my 2008 taxes by Insant Tax service. I know this is wrong because I worked hard pay my bills and it is hard living from check to check to keep my bills paid and by my medication that I need to take daily to stay alive. I was told by my tax preparer when filed my 2008 taxes that the stimulus check I received in 2007 would have to paid back out my 2008 tax money. Because it wasn't free money. If I knew I had to pay it back I would have rathered not filed for the stimulus check in 2007. We all have come together and are working on a class acition law suit in Jacksonville Florida, Texas, Washington D.C. and Maryland. Waiting for response from defendent in fourth circuit court of appeals.
Comments United States Tax Services
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

24th of Jan, 2010 by   Truthslayer +1 Votes
ITS this year cannot do RALs and each owner (Z) is basically being forced by the Franchisor to charge over $400 just for an RT. If the person doing your taxes is telling you that you have been declined they are misleading you because they could never offer a RAL in the first place. For weeks this company has participated in false advertising about last paystub loans (on Jan. 4th they knew they could no longer offer the loans but continued to advertise in markets for up to 10 days) and now this...

This company is truly corrupt and the IRS should investigate the Franchisor's corrupt practices and excessive fees that they often brag about.
 3rd of Feb, 2010 by   honest truth +1 Votes
ggg
 10th of Feb, 2010 by   Angry and Ready to Fight +2 Votes
Hello Mr. Brown,

I was also a victim of Intant Tax Service this year. I am more than interested on being apart of the class action law suit that you mentioned about. How can I get more information on where to file my claim?
 11th of Feb, 2010 by   Showstopper +1 Votes
Hello!I am a Victim of the Instant tax company and i can not get anyone to hear me out could someone please contact me and help me with following threw with this so that they do not continue to get away with this. latoshacunningham3@yahoo.com
 11th of Feb, 2010 by   Showstopper +1 Votes
Hello ! How do you go about getting a lawsuit started Help Is there any attorneys out there that want this case?
 15th of Feb, 2010 by   Mr.R Brown +1 Votes
Send a latter to UNITED STATES COURT OF APPEALS FOR THE FOURTH CIRCUIT RICHMOND VA 23219 THIS LADY HAS ALL OF MY INFO AND SHE WILL NOT STOP SHE HAS THE RIGHT PEPOLE TO CALL I will give you her email ok
 16th of Feb, 2010 by   Sana Perry +1 Votes
I have been a victim of ITS fraud as well. When my spouse and I filed our 2009 taxes the tax preparer did not inform me that they were no longer offering RALs even though I had that selected on my application as the choice for how I would like to receive my refund. She didn't tell us til after we had already signed our tax return that we wouldn't expect to see a check until 10-14 days. Even though they are no longer offering the RALs. I was still charged five hundred dollars in bank fees in addition to a 300 filing fee. I have been filing with them for three years and had never had this problem before. I am in Milwaukee, WI is it possible for me to get in on this lawsuit?
 22nd of Feb, 2010 by   lwsjjs 0 Votes
Ok Not all Instant Tax Service offices are bad! I am a manager at an Instant Tax Office in TN. Instant Tax is a franchised company.( same name, different owners) I hate that fact. I hear ALOT of bad things about other instant tax offices. But I can tell you that we are not all the same. No, there isn't a Ral this year. We were suppose to have one but at the last minute, it stopped. Yes we did have a holiday loan off the last pay check stub. The holiday loan was ended prematurely. Some instant taxes started loaning out there own money to keep out customers happy. I can guarantee I don't lie to customers. I tell them up front when they will recieve their refund. I have a well established customer database that I want to continue to come to me year after year. I am not here for the quick one time customer. I want a lifer! So, No I have never charged anyone $800 to do their taxes. There are bank fees, service bureau fees, and technology fees that we cannot change. However, your Prep fee is negotiable. On average yes it is roughly $200-$300 to get your money in 7-14 days.
 7th of May, 2010 by   W62672 0 Votes
I am also a victim of Instant Tax Services here in Massachusetts. At this very moment I am getting the run around from the Owner/Manager of the branch I used. I have called the Ohio "Corporate" office as well, and am getting no results. Can/Will someone please help...all I want is the hard earned money I worked for.

At this time my children are sufferring, I have no food in my house, I am unemployed, and just want my money.

Funny thing is, in the beginning of all of this (when I initially filed my taxes) I was told that my state return would be mailed directly from MA DOR. It took me calling DOR to find out the return was directly deposited into THEIR account. So now, I'm being told the check was put in the mail a week ago. Soooo it takes a week for mail to come from Rhode Island to Massachusetts????
 19th of Oct, 2010 by   upset tax payer 0 Votes
I also filed my taxes in 2009 with them I don't believe these people were correctly trained and made mistakes. They actually have made mistakes on my taxes and now I am paying for that, that is the last time I ever use they're services
 29th of Oct, 2010 by   Aidualc7769 0 Votes
Hi everyone.Instant tax services stole my income tax check! There's a location in los angeles on imperial and avalon and this is the first time I filed my taxes...i am 20yrs old.my sister and I went together and she got her check in about two weeks...but months passed by and I didn't get anything.i was calling every two weeks to check the status of my check, i was dealing with the manager only (she prepared the taxes for me)and she would just make me go to the office for nothing, she had me up n down, telling me the check was ready, then making an excuse such as the printer doesnt work, or i came too late, the printers are shut down...etc.then I called the irs and they told me that my check was requested to be directly deposited into a bank account..but I never requested that...so then a private investigator found the name and card into which my check was deposited, n it had a balance of $0.00! They gave me copies of all that information, but what am I supposed to do with it? Police report? Didn't work out...report to the irs? They almost dont believe it...or didn't understood what i was saying.its 5am n I havent slept at all, because it makes me feel depressed to know how mean and selfish people can be...n i am tired of being so nice to others, ive done so much community service, i am a very giving, and caring person, i give so much, n do so much for others but people are taking advantage of me all the time, different people that I trusted stole large amounts of money from me about 6 times this year! But this is just not right, its unbelievable that someone in that office stole my check and is completely going to get away with it! Fraud! Does anyone have advice for me, please.thank you.
 28th of Dec, 2010 by   aseed123 0 Votes
to Aidualc7769 : Don't give up with the IRS. They are trying so hard to crack down on fraud. Also contact the BBB in your city by going to BBB.org, I wouldn't let them get away with it. Keep following up with them and force them to handle it. Even if you have to keep calling in speak to a different person each time. Keep in mind that when you call, you are calling a call center. That person may not know or may be too lazy.
 21st of Jan, 2011 by   brandy2778 0 Votes
oh this is really scary, I have just finished reading everyone else's posts, and the very same thing happened to me. I am still waiting on money that was supposed to be in my back account in 24-48 hours. Is there anyone out there, that has had a positive review with them within this year. I filed with them last year and had no issues. My check was back within 2 days, this year I don't know what is going on.
 1st of Mar, 2011 by   Denise Chandler 0 Votes
Instant tax Svc are thiefs I filled a complant over a half dozens times they took money from me and they did that to the wrong person as God is my Witness these people are not cool at all !!I, am a single parent with three young children and my life is filled daily with trying very hard to make ends meet I only work may be three to four months out the year because my children take all my time. But no matter what we I, am making it day by day (WITH THE HELP OF GOD) Yes my tax person took 614.95 from my check before he loaded it on my paycard he lied to me over and over he really disturbed my Human Nature ...so I filled a small clams hearing so soon i, ll go to court and get my money back ..you people at instant Tax Svc... have all our information we trust you people with doing things RIGHT !! but you take from US and I really I, am Mad as Hell !! Do anyone know how we can stop this from happing again each year we need to be heard because this is not Right... To all u Instant tax thiefs guess what you reap what u sew and GOD sees everything you do.
 16th of Apr, 2011 by   RisaRye +1 Votes
I am a single parent who files head of household. Don't own any property...How in the hell do i owe. I will never ever go to Instant Tax Service again. Can't wait till Monday to call IRS.
 16th of Apr, 2011 by   Denise Chandler +1 Votes
My name is Denise R Chandler please help.I have three children I was scam by Instant Tax service .They took 697.00 extra plus they charged me 300 dollors to get my money back in 3 days and we all no now there was no Rapid Refund this year yet Instant Tax charged evryone a very large amount for this rapid refund service. I her sooo much talk about this Can we come together and fight this is so unfair yet instant tax is planing to do this over and over lets shut them down how can we get this thing started.Class Action Law Suit
 15th of Jan, 2012 by   MICHELE143 0 Votes
I went to instant tax services here in dayton, ohio and they only gave me a refund for $300.00 that's all. We had to pay almost $600.00 just to file with them and still don't get my money for 1 month that's bull crap.I have been struggling to pay bills and take care of two children on my own.Being a single parent and expecting to get satisfaction from instant tax services I feel was a rip off to pay $600.00!!! The employees at the location on smithville road in dayton, ohio were so not professional and they let you sit in there office and figure out how to get in line with no directions of filling out a application first then show id and ss for everyone. I had to watch everyone do it because the employee never told me what to do.I complained to the person doing my taxes about there employee and still got no help!!! PLEASE NEVER GO TO INSTANT TAX SERVICE! it was a waist of my time and especially my money that I pay to them to do there job right! that's right 1 month to wait for pick up check and pay $600.00 to them!!!BY FAR THE WORST COMPANY I HAVE EVER SEEN AND DEALT WITH IN MY LIFE!!!
 31st of Jan, 2012 by   SPEAKING TO THE PEOPLE 0 Votes
My daughter went to an instant tax service in Dayton Ohio when they were finished and called her to pick up her refund they had charged her $700.00 just to file she was also ripped off. I called them to let them know that I was going to file a complaint with BBB. MY ADVICE TO ANYONE PLEASE DON'T USE THIS SERVICE. WHY PAY ALL THIS MONEY WHEN YOU CAN GO TO THE IRS SITE AND E-FILE FOR FREE.
 4th of Feb, 2012 by   Annoyedin937 0 Votes
I should have went to the IRS site and did it for free! Would have gotten refund quicker!
 9th of Feb, 2012 by   Too Upset 0 Votes
I am so upset today with Instant Tax Services. Don't you know that these people have charged me $700.00 to do my taxes. I am so upset until I can't eat or sleep tonight. We need to put a stop to these people.

How to Avoid Identity Theft