logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (0 mins ago)
aolloa.net
No order, communication or updates about my order
2. (5 mins ago)
Sally Beauty Supply
Horrible workers
3. (6 mins ago)
allrightshoes.com
Seller refused to take order back
4. (7 mins ago)
Directv President & CEO contact info:

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Ingenious Designs Complaints & Reviews - Get as far away from this distribution company as you can!

Ingenious Designs Contacts & Informations

Ingenious Designs

Posted:    J. Pike

Get as far away from this distribution company as you can!

Ingenious Designs LLC, PO Box 1333 Brentwood, NY 11717

I purchased a Todd English 7 piece cookware set from HSN approx. 1 year ago. As the defective pan was part of a set HSN directed me to contact Ingenious Design, a company that takes care of a number of products. The cookware has a lifetime warrantee so I felt confident that the defective fry pan in the set would be replaced with little to no problems. Unfortunately, every attempt on my part to contact Ingenious Designs resulted in utter frustration! On one occasion, I was on hold for 22 minutes only to be answered by an electronic voice mail machine. I sent the defective pan back along with detailed information regarding the original order. My instructions were extremely precise and easy to understand. Three months passed and I finally received a package from them only to find that they sent the WRONG PAN!!! I am thoroughly frustrated and feel that Ingenious Design LLC is anything but Ingenious!!! I've called and left messages and also contacted HSN about this, but no one has been able to rectify this issue. This company is giving the products they represent such a bad name! Todd English, Esteban, Joy Mangano - get as far away from this distribution company as you can!!! As for me, I won't be purchasing anything else that is connected to Ingenious Design LLC ever again!!!
Comments United States Products & Services
Was the above complaint useful to you?
More Ingenious Designs complaints
Ingenious Designs - Complaints that are non factual

Comments

26th of Jul, 2008 by   Cassandra 0 Votes
FYI - Joy Mangano is the president and founder of Ingenious Designs LLC

Article on superchefblog.com - Todd's decision is to go with designer is Joy Mangano, President of Ingenious Designs LLC, which has been an HSN subsiary since its acquistion in 1999.
 29th of Jul, 2008 by   Sandra Hutsell 0 Votes
Green pans, fraudgelent warranty. They will not answer the phone for 30 days, plus 5 mo.s of waiting for someone to call and or answer my e-mails. Now it is turned over to collection.

I am really angry over these type of co.s I have been working with the attorney general
 10th of Feb, 2009 by   jim farina 0 Votes
i too have the green pan set that is advertised as non stick. what a rip off. hsn gives you a phone number to call.
 10th of Feb, 2009 by   jim farina 0 Votes
green pans are junk. everything sticks! hsn gives you a phone number to call.
 10th of Mar, 2009 by   Mary Ann Chandler +1 Votes
I too ordered from HSN Todd English Green Pan Anniversary Set...at Christmas time and it is now February and my 12" skillet will burn a hamburger!!!
I was so afraid after reading comments above that I went straight to HSN account managers and they took care of everything for me.
Everyone who loves HSN please send you negative comments about Ingenious Designs along with http places so HSN can see what customers are saying about these pans and especially Ingenious Designs.
 10th of Mar, 2009 by   Mary Ann Chandler +1 Votes
I purchased TE Green Anniversary Trio right around Christmas time.
By March it wouldn't fry a hamburger without sticking to this non-stick high temperature skillet. HSN is wonderful with returns but with this return they gave me the phone number of Ingenious Designs.
I did phone them and they told me what I could do and they would replace it. I did not send the pan to them as directed mostly because I had read the rip off reports earlier.
I called HSC directly, asked for a Supervisor and was given an account manager named Brian who heard my story - called Ingenious Designs and before the phone call ended he had arranged for a 10-14 day delivery of a new skillet and I didn't have to return the one that was sticking.
Now...I'll keep in touch with this website and HSN if they do not follow through and let everyone know that the above complaintant is correct but hopefully after you all read my email you'll call HSN and demand what has been done for me. HSN is good - this distributorship may need a little nudge from them.
 5th of Apr, 2009 by   cat 0 Votes
I purchased the clothes dryer by the same company. I did not recieve any instructions with it...no problem how easy could it be to get them ...NOT! I emailed HSN and they told me to email ingenious designs...3 emails no response! So I called (two months should have given them time to respond) I got right through on the number HSN then provided and was assured that the instructions would go out that day to me...March 17th. It is now April 6th and No instructions...I have had it with these people tomorrow I call HSN and this company and tell them they have lost a customer for life! HSN SHOULD BACK THIS UP...QVC has on other items for me!
 5th of Oct, 2009 by   Karen North 0 Votes
I have had a problem with my paella pan pretty much since I bought the anniversary trio last xmas. I have finally decided to call ingenious design and my call was answered within 30 seconds and the woman took my issues and is issuing me a new one. I obviously haven't received the new one yet, I just called them today, but so far so good. Hopefully things have changed over the past 6 months.
 4th of Nov, 2009 by   navywife1972 0 Votes
I bought a set of greenpans less than 2 years ago, I try to cook scrambled eggs in it and it sticks to where I have to soak it all day in order to clean it. I have the 10" skillet and the round grill pan which is total garbage! After reading this thread I am scared silly to call the # HSN gave me, I don't have much patience for poor customer service.
 1st of Dec, 2009 by   debi wright 0 Votes
i do not agree with the customers regarding the GREEN PAN by Todd English. They are the greatest cookware I have ever seen and they don't need to soak all day to get them clean. Just wipe them out with a damp paper towel after it cools down and bam, you have a clean skillet. i do wash them in soapy water after to get rid of germs due to the swine flu this year. My husband and I brag about the GREEN PAN cookware to everyone. I am the one who chipped a bowl from the Todd English Collection and just want a replacement bowl. Nobody will contact me and it's been a year since I chipped it. Bam. Waiting on a call soon. Merry Christmas!
 4th of Dec, 2009 by   Gloreyaw 0 Votes
I am currently working on getting a replacement for my Green Pans. I've had the pans for about 2-years and everything things sticks to the pan. I have to soak the pan which is rediculous if its a non-stick. I use to be able to wipe it clean with a paper towl. My omeletes used to slide right off the pan and onto the plate. I don't like using them anymore; however they are all I have. This was the first time buying a big purchase like this a couple of Holidays ago. I hope I don't have a problem getting them replaced. My understanding was they had a Life Tiem WARRENTY well the food is sticking to the pan and its frustrating. I've contacted HSN and they said I need to contact Ingenious Designs..Wish me luck..Thanks
 13th of Dec, 2009 by   DrozFLP 0 Votes
Thanks for all the input re: the greenware cookware. I have been wanting to replace my very old cookware that I rec'd as a new bride (35 yrs ago). Thermolon was sounding very good based on the HSN promos but I am glad some honest people have taken the time to list the problems they've personally had AND how it was (and was not ) resolved. This always is helpful when deciding to lay out such a large amount of cash (let's face it - these pans ain't cheap... BUT if they work - cost isn't an issue with me). Apparently - these aren't all they are hyped to be.

thanks for all your help.
 18th of Dec, 2009 by   Kurtz 0 Votes
JOY MANGANNO should be FIRED and BANNED FROM HSN and everywhere in the world. She is a scam artist! She is now selling these HORRIBLE fragrants called "forever fragrant" on HSN, as we speak today, there are almost 600 NEGATIVE REVIEWS. I like many people bought this and it didn't last a day and she says they last for 2 years! As far at the Greenpans, yes I just found out that Joy Manganno owns that company and they never answer.

Give me some feedback, I WOULD LOVE TO FILE A CLASS ACTION SUIT AGAINST JOY FOR SCAMMING EVERYONE.
ANYONE WILLING TO JOIN ME!!!????
 29th of Dec, 2009 by   01Paul10 +1 Votes

ANYONE WILLING TO JOIN ME!!!????
========================================================
I contacted Ingenious Designs via email, and got a response the next day.

The reason why I was here looking was because I have two of the Vanilla Amber Spheres with dish. They are work fine in my house. Now, the fragrance does not have the "throw" such as a candle or a brand new "plug-in, " but as far as the product just sitting there, I have noticed the fragrance. I am glad that it is not overwelming. If I need to freshen a room, I use an air freshiner. The spheres do great in the car. I have them rolling around everywhere, in the truck and seat and open storage. They are great! I did expect a more fragrant scent, but after using them for 3 months, I am glad that the fragrance has been consistant and not "loud." I know that this does not make your problems with the company go away, but I would definately keep attempting to contact the company, and I would keep a log of date and time you attemped to contact.

Companies love numbers, so throw some dates and numbers at them. I bet you will get a response.. Good Luck!
 29th of Dec, 2009 by   01Paul10 0 Votes
Sorry, to clairify why I was here posting, was because of all the negative reviews that I have seen on HSN's website. I just don't get it. That is like way too many. I don't think the pitch was misleading, but I can see how most everyone thought that it was the end-all-be-all air freshner. Maybe, because I did not expect a lot from this product is why, I like it. I agree the sales pitch was a bit over the top, but I didn't expect much from plastic infused with fragrance and odor neutralizers.

The show/sales pitch was a bit overdramatic, but she used very careful wording. I guess, I as a guy paid attention to the phrases and wording she used, not so much as her excitement and over the top celebration of this "new found freshiner." I agree that my Mom as well as most people would get excited. Hey, her pitch made everyone that ordered pick up the phone.. But I was looking for a similar product that I used to freshen my car. This is just the trick for the car.

I would just throw them in the drink holders out in the car and just stick to huggable hangers...
 26th of Jan, 2010 by   alystee 0 Votes
my huggable hangers are falling apart like a dry rot kinda thing on day 32 of owning them and after 2 months I finally got someone at ingenious designs to answer the phone about it. they agreed to send me back only the ones that broke. I have to mail the broken ones to them first. The hangers break at random, so if they send me 4 and then 2 more break, I have to do the whole thing all over again, and then if 3 more break... this makes no sense to me. Whats more when i spoke to hsn about it a number of times from day 32 onward they repeatedly assured me that I would be sent an entire new set since it was obvious that the integrity of the set is uncertain.
 31st of Jan, 2010 by   Neworleanscat01 0 Votes
Joy Mangano should be removed from HSN, which would be in their best interest. I love the green pans, but have quit buying because she is associated with them. Anything she advertises is probably not nearly as good as she hypes it to be. I feel sorry for Todd English, because he does have a good product. I have found that the stainless steel set from Wolfgang Puck is excellent and you don't have to worry about scratching it. It does the same egg sliding show that the green pans do. The best thing is JOY MANGANO is not associated with them.
She is loud and rude always interrupting because she thinks people want to hear what she says, but I have found with HSN a couple of the female hosts are the same way and I have really reduced what I purchase from them.

I love Andrew Lessman, but can't hardly watch him when a couple of the female hosts are with him. He has an excellent product and knows more about it than anyone and they always interrupt him, thinking we want to hear then rattle on about something they could never understand. Girls stop interrupting Mr. Lessman, he is a million times more interesting than any of you could ever be.
 13th of Mar, 2010 by   Allyn Reynolds 0 Votes
I have been trying to get all of my fry pans, which I purchased from HSN, replaced because everything sticks to them and the food is ruined. Green Pans are a good idea but only if they work. The sauce pots are fine but the fry pans are terrible. I have left messages with the answering service in the US who forwards them on to whatever country they are in now and have never received a call back or an email. Lifetime warranty my foot! I have even called HSN customer service and they want nothing to do with the problems with Green Pans and told me to contact an email address which does not exist. I left two messages with the warranty department for Ingenious Designs and never received the courtesy of a return phone call. I'm with the writer above who wants to file a class action suit. I have had my pans for about 2 years and I cannot use the fry pans at all! A lifetime warranty is one of the reasons I purchased these pans. Just try and get Ingenious Designs to live up to that warranty!!! Talk about the run around. I don't trust HSN anymore either because they don't want to hear about any problems you may have with these pans. Can you spell S-C-A-M? With them leaving the country, which I was told by the answering service, they are going to be even harder to deal with. The answer to that is to not buy anything from Joy Mangano or Green Pans ever again. HSN is just hiding from the dissatisfied customers and won't do anything to help. Pay your money and shut up!! Allyn Reynolds Celticwoman@cox.net.
 22nd of May, 2010 by   Mama Linda 0 Votes
The green pans are not what they are advertised to be. A lot of money for a 'life time guarantee'. I do not think so. HSN - SHAME ON YOU!!!
 6th of Jul, 2010 by   Ronni Fauci 0 Votes
With regard to all the negative reviews above - HSN is not hiding anything nor is it in any way avoiding upholding warranties. The way HSN works, and anyone who purchased from them should know it because they repeat it over and over on air, is to give an unconditional money back guaranty for 30 days. After thirty days customers are referred to the manufacturer for resolution. Ingenious Designs has a toll free number that is available from 9-5EST Monday-Friday. All calls are responded to and all problems resolved, if they meet the warranty specifications.

I know this to be a fact. Therefore, anyone who is having a problem should stop wasting their time blogging and call the 800# to get their problem resolved. If it is preferential to email instead of call - you can email to customerservice@ingeniousdesigns.com.

Top 5 Holiday Scams