Indian Immigration, Police & Customs

Posted:

Be careful!

Sharing with you, what I received via e-mail...

Very Important Information. Please pass it on to all you know.

Dear All,

Be Careful At the Indian Airports, This is a well-organized conspiracy by Indian Immigration, Police, Customs and Air India staff with networking at all the Indian International Airports. Be watchful whenever you give your passport to Immigration/ Customs/Air India staff. The passport can be easily tampered and can create trouble to you. They have found easy way of making money from NRIs. This is the way it works:

At the time of the passenger's departure, if the passenger is not looking at the officer while he is stamping the exit, the officer very cleverly tears away one of the page from the passport. When the passenger leaves the immigration counter, the case is reported on his computer terminal with full details. Now all over India they have got full details of the passenger with Red Flag flashing on the Passport number entered by the departure immigration officer. They have made their money by doing above. On arrival next time, he is interrogated. Subject to the passenger's period of stay abroad, his income and standing etc., the price to get rid of the problem is settled by the Police and Immigration people. If someone argues, his future is spoiled because there are always some innocent fellows who think the honesty is the basis of getting justice in India. Which is wrong....

Please advise every passenger to be careful at the airport. Whenever they hand over the passport to the counters of Air India, or immigration or the customs, they must be vigilant, should not remove eyes from the passport even if the officer in front tries to divert their attention. Also, please pass this information to all friends, media men and important politicians. Every month 20-30 cases are happening all over India to rob the NRIs the minute he lands. Similar case has happened with Armco's Arifuddin. He was traveling with his family. They had six passports. They got the visa of America and decided to go via Hyderabad from Jeddah. They reached Hyderabad. Stayed about a month and left for the States. When they reached the States, the page of the American visa on his wife's passport was missing. At the time of departure from Hyderabad it was there, the whole family had to return to Hyderabad helplessly. On arrival at Bombay back, the police caught them and now it is over 2 months, they are running after the Police, Immigration officers and the Courts. On going in to details with him, he found out the following: One cannot imagine, neither can believe, that the Indian Immigration dept can play such a nasty game to harass the innocent passengers.

All the passengers traveling to & fro India via Bombay and Hyderabad must be aware of this conspiracy. Every month 15 to 20 cases are taking place, at each mentioned airport, of holding the passengers in the crime of tearing away the passport pages. On interviewing some of them, none of them was aware of what had happened. They don't know why, when and who tore away the page from the middle of the passport. One can imagine the sufferings of such people at the hands of the immigration, police and the court procedures in India after that. The number of cases is increasing in the last 2-3 years. People who are arriving at the immigration, they are questioned and their passports are being held and they have to go in interrogations. Obviously, the conspiracy started about 2 to 3 years ago, now the results are coming. Some of the Air India counter staff too is involved in this conspiracy.

KINDLY SEND THIS TO AS MANY AS YOUR FRIENDS ACROSS THE WORLD AND ALSO REQUEST THEM TO CHECK THE PASSPORT AT THE CHECKING COUNTERS AND BEFORE LEAVING THE AIRPORT
Complaint comments Comments Complaint country India Complaint category Government & Police
Was the above complaint useful?

Comments

10th of Jun, 2007 by    0 Votes
Can anyone verify the authenticity of this claim? I mean, is this so widespread or is this over-reporting of a few isolated cases?
 13th of Jan, 2009 by    0 Votes
Corruption is killing India.
Join the drive to weed out the mostly corrupt lot of administration in India which is more than 98%.

30th of Jun, 2013 by    +1 Votes
lucy chirag patel and other one person Wednesday on 03/07/13 going southafrica illegal visitor visa after put asylum. by force .
 1st of Nov, 2014 by    0 Votes
Hi there I am a victim of immigration officer in hyderabad, India on 14 th october flight 0045 malaysian one . My son born in India and i did get a Overseas passport for him. I cam to india on 13 th early morning flight Tiger 0045 arrived and i asked immigration officer do i need something to file to take my son on overseas passport and he said you does not required anything untill 6 months. I read in website i may require exit permit and i submitted online before i come to india and i chnaged my mind after i talked to immigration officer when arrived. Before i left 14 th october 0045 malaysian flight immigration officer manager stoped my 3 months old baby and behaved so rudely and he does not have the commensense how to talk with my wife. He is so prodish and doenot know how to behave with foreign nationals. I told him to open the video conversation on 13 th early morning to see what immigration officer told me and he doenot want to open and he is chit chating with ladies rather than answering us. He stopped my 3 months old baby and he said you can leave your baby in india and you all can go. Do you think that mother can go without a breast feeding baby. Just because of that we all stopped and i got exit permit in another 2 days came back after 1 week. Unfortunately we have bad time at our work places ... this is hust because of the immigration officers misguidance and negligence .I paid another 2.5 laks tickets for my family to book flight tickets in another 1 week. I am the victim just because of foolish behaviour of immigartion officers. Please take an action and let me the progress.
 19th of Feb, 2015 by    0 Votes
I think Indian Govt Should react now Or AAP (A New Political Party) will only apply in all the States of India.
My Friend had to Miss his Non-Refundable E ticket because Emigration officers in Mumbai did not give Emigration Clearance & purposely delayed since he did not pay to the Corrupted Officers in Mumbai, thou he had Individual agreement attested with Chamber of Commerce, Qatar with him he was not given Emigration because he did not Pay a Corruption Money, but next time he will pay it since he wasted his Non-Refundable e ticket.
It's embarrassing. Which World we are Leaving.
Who is going to Pay the Salary of My Colleague. Who is going to pay the Loses of Revenue that India could have gained due to Foreigners Income. Why is India Paying those who are trying to Spoil the Image of India. Why Media doesn’t go to Emigration office in Mumbai Khera Nagar to Check out the Truth of Officers.
 2nd of Mar, 2015 by    0 Votes
I am writing to let you know that foreigner on tourist visa come to India and perform surgery in our patient jeopardizing their life .How is this not being noticed by immigration dept .why are they allowed to even touch Indian patient unless and until they have valid permission .I am enclosing one such a pic of a Bulgarians citizen currently at cuttack operating patient with tourist visa . location jpm rotary eye hospital cuttack
 10th of Apr, 2015 by    0 Votes
Few days back an immigration officer at Delhi Airport harassed a woman by asking her several uncomfortable personal questions. Now that the action has been taken against the Immigration Officer this should not just stop here, PMO and Ministry of Home Affairs should take immediate action to ensure that incidences like these don't happen again.

Also there are so many foreign tourists who had faced the rude and unprofessional behaviours of Immigration Officers and due to absence of an effective and transparent complaint filing program in place these incidences always get brushed under the carpet. Also due to scarcity of time at airport the harassed person is left with no choice except to let it go !

Government should make sure that the Indian Immigration Officers are given strict guidelines and they are taught about being courteous and professional when they deal with tourists/ clients. They are the face of country, they are the the one who welcome & see-off the tourists and visitors. There should be NO TOLERANCE policy in place for sexual and verbal harassment at Airports !

Please support and share the online petition:
 19th of Apr, 2015 by    +1 Votes
Hello All
Yesterday We went to Amritsar Airport as my mum dad had flight with Qatar Airways from Amritsar to Canada via Doha Qatar. Our Flight schedule time was 3:35 am (Sunday)(19-April-2015). We were on time and my parents finished their check in at 12:00 am and went to immigration office after 10-15 mins they came back to me and saying that immigration officer is not allowing them to get in as they have tear a page from my mum passport. I check my mum passport 8-10 times before everything was ok on their passport but now they tear 1 page and forcing us to write a letter that you are responsible for this not the immigration officer which we havent. This is not first time they going to abroad but these guys just do these tricks to make money. My parents are above 60 but they dont care about this. This is harrasment as I would like to request you all please dont fly frm amritsar airport as they do these tricks just for making money.

I would request to Airport authority that they should take strong action against this so that innocent people wont face this type of situation.

Contact Us