Enjoy all the features! Create an account or Sign In

Increased my Internet/Phone service cost

AT&T
California
att.com
Every year I need to renegotiate my telephone/internet service with AT&T as they institute price increases. I called on February 29, 2012 and spoke to a Customer Service Rep. named Michelle. I asked if there were any deals that I could apply for as I am have a very limited income. After conversing with Michelle for a while, she told me she would keep the rates that I currently have for another year. Which I thought was wonderful as the games on the Internet is how I entertain myself. I don't have Cable, Dish or Satellite, I have an antennae on my roof of which I get what I need, the basics. My Internet service went from $14.99/mo. to $38.00/mo, this is a $23.01 increase per mo. for me. I only receive $1, 100. from my Social Security per mo. It may not seem like much to others, but it's a lot to me as with phone and internet that is appoximately $64.00/per mo. The Internet service is slow and is not what they tout it to be. Why should we have to pay large prices for poor service!

What I am ticked off about, is that AT&T gives new customers the $14.99 per month internet rate, yet their long standing customers that pay their bills on time, get the shaft!

I need to find another way to get a better service!
Complaint comments Comments Complaint country United States Complaint category Internet Providers
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Contact Us