logo

FAKEID REVIEWS ARE POSTING FAKE REVIEWS

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

IIC Online Storage Solution Complaints & Reviews - not working, no answer, no refund

IIC Online Storage Solution Contacts & Informations

IIC Online Storage Solution

Posted:    Magneit

not working, no answer, no refund

Online Storage Solution
Luxembourg
onlinestoragesolution.com
I've been looking for an online storage solution and found this provider. I read about a few reviews and the product seemed quite fair. On 31 Dec 09 I subscribed through paypal and paid 15$ for a year subscription.
As soon as I get my login details I tried to use the service but the connection was impossible and the ftps service offered didn't work either. I tried several times, got very limited access through the web interface, was able to upload a few low size pictures which took very long time to upload. I tried at different times but it is really slow when you get the chance to connect to. Slow connection I could live with but no connection or big difficulty to upload is a no go.
I understood immediately that the product is not as described on their website and I sent an email to ask for a refund on the 1 Jan 10. I never got contacted. I resent the email but see no action. What can I do?

Just avoid this online storage solution, it is pure loss of money and time.
MM
Comments Luxembourg Hosting & Web Design
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

10th of Apr, 2010 by   nullo254 -1 Votes
Hi there, I'm redirecting you to a complaint which is the same as yours;

Please include your story, we'd like your contribution.
 10th of Apr, 2010 by   Magneita -1 Votes
effectively the services provided seem to be not in accordance with their advertising. However a deal is a deal and that is why I chased the owner through internet. You can find his details within different websites and can contact him through miscellaneous posts. I don't like chasing people but you have to deliver what you promised. I finally got refund, and it was not for the money (because it's cheap) but of principle.

Regards
M
 14th of Nov, 2010 by   James E F -1 Votes
Not sure what kind of problems you guys were having this this server is friggen awesome. It does everything you could ask an online storage to do and I have had no problems what so ever. This is the fastest and best online storage I have used and i would strongly recomend it.
 19th of Feb, 2011 by   Jammin B +1 Votes
Subscribed 6 months ago and have experienced unreliable connection and service. The price was right but again, connection unreliable. I get a variety of errors at all times of week and day, from no response from server whatsoever to
"server busy", and "too many connections from your IP"??? Additionally, the ONLY way to upload large files is through FTP. NetDrive and File Manager web interface will only upload first 20mb of files and File Manager will only upload individual files, NOT folders, gross waste of time. I contacted customer service with these issues but no answers, just a lot of run around (when they respond). This falls into the "if it sounds too good to be true" catagory!!!
 13th of Jul, 2011 by   Chipwich74 +1 Votes
This place has a rap sheet as big as the day is long. There is nothing remotely legitimate, professional or reputable about this company. I have unfortunately been enslaved for over a year due to the lure of a cheap prepaid option. In return I have experienced nothing but continued outages, empty promises and ignored requests for refund/remediation.
I agree with most of the other complainants on this board, it is not so much about the money (and that is what they are counting on to perpetuate their scam), it is about the principal of delivering on commitments to provide the services promised, to respond to email, and to address problems (not in days, weeks, months and now it appears YEARS, but in hours!).
What's worse is now my backup data has been exposed to a ring of misfit baboons that are doing God knows what with it. Folks, take a lesson from me: spend a few extra bucks to ensure your data is there when you need it but more importantly in the hands of someone you can trsut not to do something sinister or dishonest with it.
Chalk this one up to a life lesson but I am sure theirs is coming in the very near future..

Chipwich74 (hi guys! remember me???...I am the dude that emails you every friggen day!!! oh wait I am sure there are so many that you do not)
 21st of Jul, 2011 by   RedRoger +1 Votes
I had the service over a year. It was OK. Occasionally I would have problems. Stephen Bennett was the person I was communicating with. He was helpful, but it took a long time. When renewal time came, I renewed with a new version. When I logged on my data was all gone. I emailed Stephen a couple of times and he replied. But I guess he couldn't locate my data. I don't know, he doesn't respond anymore. Emails to the "company" go unanswered. I've asked to cancel my account and get my money refunded (principle). I guess all I can do is warn people away from this "disservice"
 21st of Mar, 2012 by   totem99 0 Votes
Unable to upload files every other day, unable to download files every other week, low to very low transmission speeds and on top of that, 90% of my files gone and not even an apology...
The only guy I had contacts with in this company is a guy named Stephen Bennett. Which is kinda strange considering the number of tickets I opened. My educated guess is that there is no such things as a company. Just this one guy making extra income reselling storage space. That would explain the very low quality of the service provided.
My advice: don't go anywhere near this website (Remember they (he?) lost 90% of my files)
 7th of Sep, 2012 by   jinbox 0 Votes
PLEASE READ IF YOU ARE EVEN THINKING ABOUT USING ONLINESTORAGESOLUTION.COM.

I am a customer of OnlineStorageSolution.com. I am very much regretting that I have ever used them. I completely have the same experience as many of your here. Don't get baited in by the "cheap" price - it will end up costing you. I have lost my access to my data for a good 4 months now - maybe even more, I totally lost track because it has been so long. I have been trying to get them to get it back online with absolute ZERO success. My personal videos and pictures are on there, which I may never see again. Do you know how much time I have wasted just trying to call their support, hours and hours waiting on hold only to have the line hang up after 20 to 30 minutes of waiting. In fact, I have even gotten one of their support guys to hang up in my face as well! or do one of these "Oh, Bill is working on that, he's not here, call back in 10 minutes" and then hangs up or "Oh, Bill is working on that, let me transfer you to him" and then click - the phone hangs up. And why do I waste time calling when I can email them you might ask. That's because their email is useless. My numerous emails go into a blackhole - if you get a response at all, it will be lies like "oh, you will have everything back up for you by tomorrow" and then I still have the same issue months later without getting anywhere closer to getting access to my data!

IF YOU HAVE A SIMILAR BAD EXPERIENCE, LET THE WORLD HEAR FROM YOU. WRITE A COMMENT HERE. Let's do some good so others will not be victims from these guys. Don't trust a guy like Chris Herzig (owner/manager) who claims to provide great service and get a list of complaints a mile long like what you see here.
 11th of Jan, 2013 by   ewahyde 0 Votes
I'm not sure about the quality of the service because I didn't stay long enough to find out. I thought I would give them a chance for the price, what a mistake. All I wanted was an ownCloud account setup. Their dashboard states that you simply have to open a trouble ticket to get an account. Seems like a simple request but took 3 emails just to get the response "please give us a call". No phone number, no reason why they wanted me to call. Now I'm on my 4th attempt at canceling and getting a refund. No response. Not as bad as everyone else, but I figured I'd get out while I could. Luckily I used paypal and could cancel the subscription for the $9 a month. Next time I'll listen to the reviews.
 5th of Jul, 2014 by   #djglutenfree 0 Votes
Service is unusable, Multiple contacts, horrible support system. I've switched to opendrive.com much better and costs more but they have a phone number, a ticket system for support rather than a gmail account somewhere. ha. I paid $30 something for 2 years with ols so it didn't hurt much but frustrated they dont provide what they advertise at all.
 16th of Jul, 2014 by   rfd1407 0 Votes
Horrible service. I started using their since Feb. 2013. Now I lost all the accounts and files w/o telling me anything in advance. Several emails have been sent but NEVER GOT REPLIES from them. I decided to walk away from this guy. Don't waste your time and money anymore.
 28th of Aug, 2014 by   no ripoff please 0 Votes
This company will steal from you. You will lose your data and lose access to the service soon after sign up. Check th Better Business Bureau and see for yourself. Here is the link: http://www.bbb.org/oklahoma-city/business-reviews/online-networking/online-storage-solution-in-oklahoma-city-ok-90017817.
 10th of Sep, 2014 by   rpmendez 0 Votes
onlinestoragesolutions.com is a scam.
I want to find Chris Herzig and beat the snot out of him. He took my money, gave no support, lost my files and won't reply at all nor give me my refund (which was promised in their advertising and EULA). In the 3 months I their service, my files mysteriously vanished and reappeared with each support email. Eventually, they did and "update" which made my files vanish, permanently. When I login now, I see someone else's files, which scares the snot out of me to think about who else might be seeing my files. DO NOT give this (expletives deleted) any more money.

Fraud Seeks Personal Information In Exchange For Tax Rebate