logo

Igive.com Contacts & Informations

Igive.com

Posted: 2011-11-05 by    J9j

scam

igive.com is a site where you are supposed to be able to earn money for a chosen charity by doing internet searches (1 penny each) and buying things from a wide variety of merchants (a percentage of your purchase is donated). I chose to use igive.com largely because it is one of the only sites that you can earn money from shopping at Amazon.com, where I do most of my online shopping. In addition, there were a lot of positive reviews on various sites, so I thought I could trust that it was legitimate.

The money soon added up and I was sent an email saying a check was on its way (I’m also the cause administrator for my chosen charity); I asked my charity’s director to let me know when it arrived. It never did. After the required 90 day waiting period for missing checks, I contacted igive to report the missing check. They said they would send a new check the following month. I received another email when this one was sent out. I waited and waited by it never came. After the 90 days I contacted igive again and supposedly another check was sent, but that was 2 months ago and it still hasn’t turned up. I have to accept that igive.com is a scam and my charity will not get any money from them.

I can only assume all these glowing reviews for igive have been written by people who are unable to check if their cause actually receives the money promised by igive. I can accept that a check might go missing once, but three times in a row is clearly just a scam. AVOID.
Comments United States E-Shopping
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

9th of Nov, 2011 by   iGive Support 0 Votes
We're sorry your cause hasn't gotten the checks we've sent three times. This may be a new record. Unfortunately, you don't give us any information that would allow us to address your complaint specifically, so all we can do is point out some facts.
1) We send tens of thousands of checks a year. A surprising number don't make it. A surprising number of charities move and don't tell us their new addresses. A surprising number simply disappear. We've changed post offices that mail our checks, we've changed the format of the checks, and still too many (about 1%) just don't get where they're going. And then there are the causes that get the checks, and then don't cash them for the longest time.
2) We don't charge anything to re-do a check. We do ask that causes wait 90 days, that way we don't have to charge a stop payment fee.
3) We're really pleased with the glowing reviews ... and you're wrong, our members definitely contact their causes to make sure the money they've raised makes it (and the check is cashed).
4) You're welcome to contact us (or have your cause contact us). Best place to start is http://support.iGive.com
5) We actually publish a list of the recent checks we've sent on our website. It can be found at http://www.igive.com/html/payments2.cfm
6) After 14 years of doing this, if we didn't actually get the money to causes, we'd have big problems. We don't have big problems!
 28th of Nov, 2011 by   J9j +1 Votes
To iGive Support: For both of the first two checks that went missing I waited the 90 days and then contacted iGive Support. I confirmed that the address and other contact details on file were correct. I would receive an email saying they would send out a new check during the next payment cycle, which they would claim to do on my cause's website. But no check ever came. I'm willing to give you the benefit of the doubt once, and even twice, but by the third time I call it a scam.
 27th of Nov, 2012 by   ponyiq 0 Votes
I have been involved with three different charities that have received multiple checks from Igive... long before this became as large as it is... I have seen my charities receive check after check after check.. the charities cover a wide range of types so no special favors to certain types.. I have seen them work really hard to get checks to the charity. This is not a scam.
 19th of Jun, 2013 by   Shaynamaidel 0 Votes
igive.com is the BEST site for raising money for causes. I have physically seen the checks and have followed up on others for other charitable causes. I have raised almost $500.00 for causes and in every case, the money has made it to the cause.
 7th of Aug, 2013 by   kifu 0 Votes
My charity has been sent 4 checks (supposedly) and none of them have been received or cashed. Attempts to find out what is wrong are only met with a form letter advising me to waiting 90 days to report the check missing. Four checks in 1-1/2 years and not one has reached my charity and apparently no one cares enough to even try to figure out what the problem is.
 11th of Mar, 2014 by   Barbara Ko 0 Votes
I would like to know why inquiries about supposedly-sent checks are continually met with a form letter. Even though those are filled out, and we actually received a response from a "human" at iGive, we get the same "form" answer. Please let us know why you fail to act. We won't.
 13th of Aug, 2014 by   Dennis Kelleher 0 Votes
I use Igive.com and signed up the non profit I worked for. I know that we received checks and recommend the site highly to friends and associates.

The Lice Lady's Tips to Keep Your Child Lice Free