logo

Posted:    Nataly

Scam and cheating

iDVD Shop
idvdshop.com
I recently ordered a box set of Nash Bridges off the website www.idvdshop.com. I paid £81 for this on my credit card. When the box set arrived, all 30 DVDs were copies, with stickers stuck on. They were not individually packaged in separate DVD cases, as I was expecting. All the DVD's are scratched and are in what looks like two video cassette cases (volume 1 and 2), which each disc numbered 1 - 30 in a plastic wallet inside them.

The website says it has a 100% money back guarantee. I have emailed the website and filled in an enquiry form asking for a full refund. I got an automated response from the website saying someone would be in contact within 24 - 48 hours. This was on Friday (12/06/09). I have contacted them again, and have still had no response.

There is no address on the website, nor a phone number. Just the web enquiry form.

Since then i have done some digging and found the registrant of the website, whose address is in the Seychelles! I emailed this guy, only to be told if i wasn't happy - claim back through your credit card.

Do not order of this website!
Comments United States DVD Order & Rental
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

4th of Feb, 2010 by   trae 0 Votes
i got lucky i orderd the 2 seasons of grizzle adams, after a couple days i didnt get the dvds so i called my bank and lucky for me they checked into the company and found it was a fake and they stopped the payment for me, would have been out of about 60 bucks, thats one for the honest people out there.
 19th of Aug, 2010 by   JimBob12 0 Votes
DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS PLACE...I ordered on 8/11/10 and asked for some information about the additional charge for the "express delivery". I was expecting to have a page where I could delete the charge but it went straight to billed and added additional charges for shipping. I sent 5 e-mails and still have not heard from them so I will be contacting my bank to deny charges. I checked the Better Business Bureau and there was no file so I thought it would be ok as there was no info on the company (bad or good). I will be filing a complaint so if anybody else checks they will see it's a scam.
 11th of Jan, 2011 by   promod 0 Votes
same deal with dvds i purchased from idvdshop. its all a scam
 11th of Jan, 2011 by   Fournier0110 0 Votes
To celebrate, the company first anniversary, Some commodities have been, discount .Anti-purchase at this site Any goods, we will giving a Christmas gift .In addition Buy $ 300 and receive a free glasses or a wallet, as a Christmas gift . welcome all friends to order. Reputation, quality, absolute guarantee. please log in: http://www.fashionsb.com . so what, move your mouse .
 7th of Apr, 2011 by   cvfd305lt 0 Votes
bought the entire 6 season box set of Third Watch and when i got the package it was copied dvds in a plastic sleave and put into a vhs cassette holder. when i played the movies out of the 20 disks 1/8 of the shows play . the rest either skip really bad or dont play at all. what a rip off of a joke. don't buy a damn thing off of these jackoffs they have no idea what it means to be honest.
 23rd of Apr, 2013 by   ROD COX 0 Votes
I RECENTLY VISITED THIS SITE AND ENQUIRED WHY I COULD NOT PAY WITH PAYPAL IF I BOUGHT AN ITEM.
THE RESPONSE WAS THAT THEY DO BUSINESS THIS WAY AND THAT I WOULD STILL BE COVERED BY MY CREDIT CARD.
SO I WENT AHEAD AND PURCHASED 'THE COMPLETE SERIES OF ED' ON DVD FOR THE SUM OF $64.94, ON THE 4/4/2013.
ON THE 20/4/2013 I CONTACTED THE SITE TO STATE THAT I HADN'T RECEIVED THE ITEM AND HAD NO RESPONSE WHATSOEVER. I HAVE LEFT SEVERAL MESSAGES SINCE AND STILL NO RESPONSE.
I AM NOW UNDER THE IMPRESSION THAT I HAVE BEEN SCAMMED LIKE MANY OTHERS AND I AM BITTERLY DISAPPOINTED AS THIS SITE SHOULD NOT BE ABLE TO CONTINUE IN THIS FASHION.
I BEG OF OTHERS, PLEASE STAY AWAY FROM THIS SITE !!!

No Health Insurance? What To Do