logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (0 mins ago)
ID CHIEF LEGIT?
Not a complaint just question!
2. (1 mins ago)
Gambler Tobacco
Tube cut tobacco
3. (2 mins ago)
PCH Games
can't redeem tokens
4. (7 mins ago)
ADP Total Pay Card
False information/Inability it access funds
5. (11 mins ago)
trynulexa.com
They continued to take money from me

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Unauthorized charges

Identity guard
Chantilly, Virginia
identityguard.com
Recently I have contacted identity guard about the charge of $19.95. The person talking on the phone with me claim that the other charge was from a different identity service. But I know I only subscribed to one identity product within this month. I have sufficient proof this guy is a crook and their out to standing to scam you alive. I have contacted my bank and reported this situation for the $19.95 charge on my debit card. I will cut and paste these unauthorized charges. By the way I have told a person to close my account down with identity guard, and remove both charges the $14.95, and $19.95 and the person said no. That was not being very courtesy to your subscribers/customers. The bank chase is investigating both of these charges, and no telling what they will do with people's social security numbers. They need to be shut down permanently with no other computer access.
Comments United States Scam & Fake Checks
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

7th of Jul, 2009 by   simpleman1 0 Votes
Yes I do agree there tottaly fradulent crooks! They need to be shut down
 16th of Feb, 2010 by   lightshowmaster 0 Votes
Same here I have done the same thing...they say all the charges are valid and are good...we'll see when my credit union says different and says they are fraudulent.
 22nd of Aug, 2010 by   Pissedin90305 0 Votes
I wish I had read this post first! I am so pissed! Same thing with me two unauthorized charges. Free trial my a$$.
 17th of Oct, 2010 by   plena88 0 Votes
It just happened to me about 5 minutes ago, I was trying to setup an account and it kept saying Error code 151 I have to check my bank information, so I made sure everything was right number billing address about three times and it still didn't go through, then I had a hutch something was wrong so I checked my account online and they charged me $3.00 for all that time I had to correct my information, wat a fraud, I didn't even get to sign up yet and they are charging me already...WHO DOES THAT!!!
 16th of Nov, 2010 by   Cindy29911 0 Votes
I had identity Guard for 8 years. They did not accurately keep track of my information. I canceled my account. After 1-1/2 weeks, suddenly a bank account was opened in my name (I received a code, card, and welcome letter). I think Identity Guard was trying to prove that it could happen by opening the account.
 3rd of Dec, 2010 by   hg2157 0 Votes
I just closed my account with Identity Guard. I couldn't log in for 2 months and wasn't getting any alerts but they were still charging my card. When I finally got in I found my "updated report" was completely inaccurate. It was missing an account and was showing 2 accounts that were no longer on my report, as well as several duplicates from the same company - one showing as "changed" and one not, but both exactly the same! Also, there were two inquiries that I was never alerted to. They said they "don't alert on inquries while they are doing updates" - was a load of crap. It's nice to think you have access to your credit reports when you want to keep an eye on what's going on, but if what they are showing you is not correct then the product is totally useless.
 25th of Jan, 2011 by   Garyh2676 0 Votes
I've had 5 fraudulent charges in the last seven days. Visa notified me, not Identity Guard. They claim to monitor and inform daily. They told me that they monitor reports from the credit bureaus and they contact "somebody" on a daily basis. Guess what? It could be 30-90 days before it's your turn to get called. On the same day I had work done on my car in Ohio, I had a charge on Asia Air for $118.00. I can't fly to Detroit for that little. Today, somebody tried charging $2340.00. Fortunately, Visa called and we canceled the card. When I told Identity Guard that was where my monthly charges came from, they asked if there was anything else they could help me with. Big rip off.
 25th of Feb, 2011 by   red13luv 0 Votes
so maybe a class action lawsuit could be in the making. They just charged me after requesting to cancel twice. And I was also charged from some other identity protection service too.
 25th of Mar, 2011 by   boomer51 0 Votes
frauds-- run don't walk away -- got a service charge for $3.00 never even having heard about this company. they had no record of me yet they wanted my account # to cancel the account - suuurrre! - cancelled my credit card.
 4th of Apr, 2011 by   ClubHusband.com 0 Votes
Identity Guard.
Identity Guard charged me two weeks before the free trial was over.

My wife and I both signed up for Identity Guard. Same website. Same page. Same link.

Her free trial was 30 days. Some how mine was 14 days. No one told me it was 14 days. No where on your account page can you look up your free trial duration. I didn't know my Identity Guard free trial was 14 days until they charged me on the 14th day.

I called and asked about the charge and they couldn't tell me why the difference in free trial with Identity Guard.

I finally was offered a supervisor by Identity Guard. He also couldn't tell me why we were signed up for two different trial periods.

I said, "so I guess I am screwed out of 15 bucks". The Identity Guard Supervisor named Justin agreed with my statement about being screwed by answering, "Yes, I guess so".

At least when it comes to screwing people Justin the Identity Guard Supervisor is honest.

Too bad his company isn't!
 5th of May, 2011 by   pbm2000 0 Votes
I noticed a $3 charge on my mastercard from Identity Guard, and I've never heard of this company and have not requested a credit report, and am not in the process of buying a house or car or anything. I called my bank, and they called Identity Guard while I was on the phone. The three of us spoke, and the Identity Guard person asked for my mastercard number, which I gave reluctantly, but I figured since my bank rep was still on the line, it would be ok. No explanation for the charge. I closed my mastercard immediately. Something weird with this company.
 20th of May, 2011 by   Manny41 0 Votes
If you are being charged by Identity Guard and have not authorized it please email manny@casperphotography.com, I will be starting paperwork for a class action law suit with the state. I have emailed a friend who is a reporter and does stories on this kind of fraud for the news here in the Dallas, Ft Worth area. Please get copy's of your statements and hold on to them and email me. I will explain what part of your info needs to be blacked out before mailing to me. Again this only for those who have canceled or never started any service with Identity Guard and have had or currently have their accounts being deducted for any services they are claiming they have with you.
Manuel Ramos
 25th of Jul, 2011 by   Surfkas 0 Votes
DONT WASTE YOUR MONEY ON Identity Guard, GARBAGE GARBAGE GARBAGE, complete waste of time and energy
 24th of Jun, 2013 by   barkerless 0 Votes
I've used their services for the past year almost and it's been great the entire time. I wonder if it's that they've updated their customer services requirements to a higher standard and fixed their billing issues. I started off with a free trial and haven't stopped services, so I haven't had issue with billing or anything like that.

Love the service! ;-)
 29th of Jun, 2013 by   Cyndy L 0 Votes
Wow, I can't believe all the negativity here about Identity Guard. It seems like a waste of money to these people because it's like insurance--you don't actually "see" what you're paying for. I think what has happened here is these people didn't read or understand the terms of the free trial and were charged accordingly. I got the service a couple years ago after someone opened up an account in my name at Walmart. I used the free trial and kept the service. I have no idea how these people can think this is a rip off--their credit file/report is BEING MONITORED. Sheesh. The good news is when you DON'T hear from them!!!

I got a phone call last December from my bank asking me if I was in Alabama (right then)... I live in Seattle so NO--I was not in Alabama... turns out someone used a duplicate of my Debit Card at a gas station there. I got an email from Identity Guard alerting me to "suspicious activity" within 24 hours -- seems the Alabama folks had ALSO opened an account at Sears.com -- the BANK didn't tell me that, only Identity Guard did.

How can this be a rip off? Come on folks, use some common sense here. These people obviously are not cancelling the free trial according to the offer agreement. I certainly get what I pay for.
 15th of Jul, 2013 by   Joeski1981 +1 Votes
Yikes! I'm kind of surprised to hear all of these complaints.. I have been using them for a few years now since my wallet got stolen and I have nothing but good things to say! It sounds like maybe the problem isn't with the company, but maybe with untrained customer service :/ I'm sorry you guys have had so much trouble! They actually caught a fraudulent account being opened in my name and stopped it so I am eternally grateful to them and I have been lucky to only deal with great, helpful customer service agents.
 12th of Nov, 2013 by   Bywater 0 Votes
Lured in by the advertised "FREE" credit report -- and with no intention of using Identity Guard's services beyond this -- I gave Identity Guard my info, including, as requested, my credit card number. When I phoned to cancel my membership two days after joining, I was informed by Identity Guard's customer service representative that the company would retain my credit card info INDEFINITELY. When asked why, they would only say that it was their "regulatory policy, " as if that were reason enough. Sorry: NOT an acceptable answer. Since I only joined three days ago (and canceled today), Identity Guard hasn't yet charged me for unwanted services. But to be safe, I've canceled my credit card. I wouldn't trust this company further than I could spit.
 12th of Nov, 2013 by   jamestown 0 Votes
Well if you had read every since policy on their website before subscribing probably you will have known better.
 12th of Nov, 2013 by   Bywater 0 Votes
How right you are. I should have read the sleazy fine print more carefully. But the fact that I didn't doesn't get to the core of my question: Why is Identity Guard keeping my credit card number after I've canceled my membership?
 3rd of Feb, 2014 by   Ana Maria Pera 0 Votes
I am not understanding why so many people are hating this Identity Guard. I was talking to a woman from this company and she was taking all of the time I needed to for explanation of the program. She offered me a month for free to try it. So I did. And my sister Fatima came to visit me from the Madeira. I went to the bank to get money with my sister and Deus me ajuda I left my debit card on the table. Before I was knowing about it, someone picking it up and using it. Identity Guard called me as soon as the charge from another state was on it. They were not stopping until it was settled. I love Identity Guard. I could have been losing a lot of money and my credit.

Protect yourself with Automatic Fraud Alert