logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

2. (26 mins ago)
Bryte Shelyton
She takes money and vanishes
3. (29 mins ago)

Ideeli

Posted: 2011-03-09 by    bad merchant

Horrible Merchant

Ideeli.com
I no longer have an IDEELI id, I decided it best to cancel it. I really wish your company worked as hard at answering emails as it does monitoring these review sites. Multiple repeated emails were NOT replied to (I will not try again). Multiple repeated phone calls were NOT answered (I will not try again). Repeated chat sessions were uneventful (except that it was apparent that the sad, powerless agents disagreed with IDEELI's position). Shocked that my post got such a quick reply, guess "damage control" is more of a priority than customer satisfaction.
Comments United States E-Shopping
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

9th of Mar, 2011 by   ideeli_team 0 Votes
Dear Bad Merchant,

We're, again, truly sorry to hear that you're feeling this way. Although you are no longer a member of ideeli, would you still be so kind as to share your former user ID or e-mail address associated with your account? If your experience is as you describe, we'd very much like to look into the customer service issues you've noted and address anything that needs to be improved. As we mentioned in our previous reply, Customer Service is extremely important to us, and we do our best to reply to inquiries from various channels in a timely manner. We thank you again for your message, and hope to hear from you.

9th of Mar, 2011 by   bad merchant 0 Votes
The only "kind and understanding" people I communicated with was a couple of chat agent(s) who expressed distaste with how IDEELI was handling this situation. I sent 5-6 unanswered emails to support @ideeli.com. I called and left messages on 3 different numbers. I chatted with agents on at least 5 occasions. I no longer desire to conduct business with your company. FOR THE SAKE OF THE AGENT(s) WHO EXPRESSED DISDAIN and REMORSE I WILL NOT DIVULGE ADDITIONAL INFORMATION (they probably really need a job to work for such a company). I ONLY believe that you are truly sorry that I was forced to vent my frustrations on this public forum. Many, many missed opportunities if you "truly" have your customers interests at heart, even your agents see it!
 10th of Mar, 2011 by   ideeli_team 0 Votes
Dear Bad Merchant,

Thank you for being in touch with us via private message on another forum. We've responded to you privately there, and our Customer Service Manager has also provided his phone number to be of further assistance. We're always available if and when you need help, and look forward to speaking to you to address your specific concerns.

10th of Mar, 2011 by   bad merchant 0 Votes
ONCE AGAIN, NOBODY WINS, PM AND CHAT GETS NOWHERE IDEELI DAMAGE CONTROL AT IT'S BEST!
 10th of Mar, 2011 by   bad merchant 0 Votes
Really, not sure where extra stuff came from in the previous post please ignore the (')
 14th of Mar, 2011 by   ideeli_team 0 Votes
Dear Bad Merchant,

Thank you for being in touch with us via private message on another forum. We've responded to you there, and our Customer Service Manager has also further addressed your concerns.

14th of Mar, 2011 by   bad merchant +1 Votes
Not successfully, but I expected that based on reviews
 5th of Aug, 2011 by   plp20 +1 Votes
Ideeli is a very shady company. Be very careful before doing business with them. They will take your money and not provide services. They do not care about customer service, only taking your money. A VERY BAD MERCHANT.
 5th of Aug, 2011 by   bad merchant 0 Votes
Boy this "ideeli team" remains full of u no what. They produce nothing in customer service that can be defined as "providing great value and service" Not even sure how they're employees who are required to troll these sites can lay their heads down at night and sleep. This company grossly misrepresents everything. Their customer service is limited to writing fake sympathetic responses to anyone who expresses a bad experience on site's like this. However, make no mistake they have little intention of helping their customers. Every word from the "ideeli team" is orchestrated to get your complaint OFF of this site. I for one never had satisfaction from that route (cancelled and missing orders are routine).
 31st of Aug, 2011 by   Unsatisfied708 0 Votes
When they said you should listen to your first instinct they were right. I HATE HATE HATE to shop at places that only offer store credit for items returned because no matter what the store does or how they’re at fault they force you to keep a relationship with them that way. Ideeli is such a place. I order about 300 in merchandise which all have a very different ship date than when they actually did ship. (Very inconvenient) The funds are deducted from my account and I receive my items. Then low and behold the shirts are a completely different size than what the chart says, great I have to deal with returns and store credits now when getting my money back would’ve been a better option for us all. The shirts I order for my job are tents and theres no way that even with a belt I can style these into being cute. The material of the shirts also grate my skin which is what I really look for when ordering shirts. So I find a winter coat I like to spend the money I got in store credit on. Here come the next set of issues instead of using my store credit ideeli tries to use my card and it gets declined of course because I wasn’t expecting to need to keep that balance on that particular card. Then I’m told there is nothing they can or will do about it and that I just have to pony up the amount when I had nearly 200 in credits to use. I tell them that I think this is ridiculous and that I didn’t want to do that because I’d rather not give a store with such rigid policies more of my money. Then the customer service team by email tells me they could simply reset the order and apply the credit that way. Confused at the difference in treatment by customer service reps I tell the rep to do that and confirm that my personal account would not be affected by putting in a different card number. Then I get no answer for three days until I send another email and find a chat specialist. Finally I get the orders taken care of or so I think and the amount owed on the order is changed to 0.00. I think I’m done and reauthorize my card. Then I go to buy a plane ticket for an impending trip and am declined because low and behold my account has been charged for the item I purchased. Contact customer service told its not a charge it’s a hold! Theres nothing we can do about it the other rep shouldn’t have told you your account wouldn’t be affected. That will be on there for 3-5 business days and guess whats we’re about to have a long weekend. Goodbye plane ticket and trip because you will surely be cost prohibitive by the time I get my funds back! The rep continues to tell me that at the point of purchase my card needs to be authorized to verify my account. Hmmm….wouldn’t the point of purchase be when the goods are exchanged for tender?? That point would have been when my store credits (which are basically my cash that’s already being held captive by ideeli for a purchase gone) were exchanged internally for the items I purchase would it not? So why is my account even being mentioned in the same order when it’s been paid for and internally at that. After speaking with a rep and having my intelligence insulted when she tried to explain a point of purchase and the differences between giftcards and store credits I got on the horn and decided I’d rather spend my money on attorney’s fees so they can spend their time and energy on drafting a letter to the better business bureau and I can get some much needed rest and relaxation. Thanks Ideeli! One good turn deserves another.
 31st of Oct, 2011 by   NicoleSthFlorida 0 Votes
I just want to offer my experience with ideeli.com. I have been using them for quite a while now and prefer them over hautelook.com and even giltgroupe.com. While I've enjoyed other sites and the deals they offer, I've found ideeli to have the MOST accuracy by far when it comes to actually receiving what I saw pictured and then when I get it in person. With the other sites I've thought the items have looked at times much cheaper than what the pictures showed, and it was hard to imagine the retail price was ever justified. With ideeli I have had the best luck with jewelry as well, being happy with the arrived items. Any issues I had with billing (like a shipping credit not being applied) was solved quickly and easily with online services.

Look...if you buy something online in general you are taking a risk of an poor fit, or not being as happy as you thought, period...there are no fitting rooms. What do you expect? That's part of the game...we enjoy the deals the internet offers but have to suck it up when it comes to dealing with returns, don't fault the merchant for that! If you don't like it, then buy from the mall and try it on first, but the fact is you won't save the same money.

I for one, am grateful to sites like these because they stretch my dollars MUCH farther than they could ever go for the same items. I get to buy high-end, brand name watches, etc., dresses, look great, get compliments...on things that I couldn't have afforded all together without these kinds of discounts. Honestly I don't usually take the time to write reviews, but I for one, LOVE ideeli.com and hope they are here for a long time!
 31st of Oct, 2011 by   ideeli_team 0 Votes
Hi Nicole,

Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts! We're so glad that you're enjoying your ideeli experience, and that you took the time to share your feedback here. If we can ever be of assistance, please don't hesitate to let us know at support@ideeli.com.

Best regards,
 16th of Dec, 2011 by   LaChristine 0 Votes
I have been shopping with Ideeli for going on 2 years and have been mostly pleased until recently. Several shipments of doubled some of my orders and were not returnable. I am so upset now because they will not return my emails or call back as they continue to promise to do. I have a pending ordered Christmas gift that no on can tell me if it will ever complete and ship. I have been catting on line for 6 weeks with only someone lying to me saying they will get back to me the next day. I now also have missing returned items and am getting the same reply that someone will get back to me and then cuts off communication. They don't have any respect for the customer and as soon as I get my credits submitted and used I too am cancelling my membership and will never shop with them again.
 18th of Apr, 2012 by   flavflay 0 Votes
I really liked ideeli at first because they really do have cheaper prices than other sample sale sites--but if something goes wrong--the customer service is terrible. They really do not care about the consumer. I would like to address NicoleSthFlorida's comments regarding taking a risk when shopping online--my problems with Ideeli have nothing to do with fit or quality. If they sent me an item in the size/color I ordered and it didn't fit or I didn't like the material etc--that would be one thing; but they flat out send me the wrong item, the wrong size, grossly damaged items, etc alot. I can understand the frustration of the OP--you should receive what you order and if you don't--there should be someone friendly that you can contact by phone to fix the problem. You can never get anyone on the phone. I prefer gilt and hautelook because at least I know theres a customer service number with friendly helpful agents when something goes wrong--which has only happened once with hautelook and it was promptly fixed. The OP has got it right when she says that they should pay more attention to service then trolling these sites to respond to complaints. Doesn't it make more sense to fix the issue--that way there would be no need for so much damage control
 31st of Aug, 2012 by   LMada 0 Votes
I just got done with the LiveChat option. The most bizarre and unreal experience I have ever encountered. I have never experienced such awful customer service. I wish Ideeli would empower their employees to make decisions instead of waiting. I ordered an item and i wait ed a month and still did not receive it. Luckily i wasnt charged until they were going to ship it.. It was taking way too long, who waits a month and a half for something they have ordered? Very inconvenient, and its ONLINE?! Online is supposed to cater to conveniency. Anyway, the person helping me cancelled my item without me confirming to cancel it. I told her i still want it. i was just asking as an option! See below for the worse customer service ever!
Jessica: Welcome to ideeli
Jessica: HI Liza
Jessica: Part of the reason we can offer such reasonable prices is because we don’t keep any inventory. Instead, we work directly with the manufacturers, who ship to us, and then we ship to you. This can result in a longer wait time than you may be accustomed to, but it also ensures a high degree of quality control, guaranteed authenticity, and those great prices.

Jessica: We always offer an expected shipping date so that our customers know if the items meet their needs
liza : but a month later?
Jessica: Yes because we don't keep inventory
liza : why do i have to wait a whole month after i purchased the item?
Jessica: That is when the vendor has promised to have the item to us
liza : you gave me a expected ship date of August 30- Sep 6
liza : why not advertise the item when you do have the item?
Jessica: I'm not sure I follow
liza : Is this how ideeli works normally?
Jessica: are you getting two expected shipping windows?
Jessica: May I please have your order number to look into this?
liza : ********
Jessica: Thanks! Just one moment while I check that.
Jessica: Right this item should be shipping anytime now
Jessica: It doesn't mean it will ship on the 30th
Jessica: It can ship anytime within that window
liza : so in order to buy from ideeli, i have to wait an entire month and pay for shipping
Jessica: Not always
Jessica: All vendors have different expected shipping windows
liza : but sometime
Jessica: Sure
liza : May i cancel this item?
Jessica: But as I said, it is part of the reason we can offer such reasonable prices is because we don’t keep any inventory.
Jessica: Sure
Jessica: Please note that you were not charged
liza : oh i know
Jessica: Since we don't charge for items until then ship
Jessica: *they
Jessica: This order is now cancelled
Jessica: You will receive confirmation shortly
liza : wait?
liza : I never said i wanted to cancel. I just asked if i could
liza : as an option?
Jessica: I am so sorry
Jessica: I thought you wanted to cancel so the order is canceled
liza : now what?
Jessica: I am very sorry
liza : so I can not get the item?
liza : can you void that?
Jessica: I can add you to the wait list for this item and apply a$15 voucher to your account as an apology
Jessica: Once an order is canceled it isn't reversable
Jessica: I'm terribly sorry about this miscommunication
liza : Is there a manager? I ordered this as a gift for my mother
Jessica: Yes I can have a manager contact you
liza : she is expecting this at her address?
Jessica: May I have a phone number where to reach you?
liza : I would like that
liza : ***************
Jessica: Thank you. I will have someone contact you today.
 29th of Jul, 2013 by   Yciti 0 Votes
HORRIBLE!!! STAY away!!! i registered and now i am stuck with a balance to use, as unfortunatelly i bought stuff and returned it for free shipping, so now i cannot leave until i used up the balance. here is why it's bad:
1. items shipped to you come with defects.
2. packaging of the items is poor REALLY poor quality.
3. returns take 4 weeks to process! so if you ship items back Mon sept 1 - don't expect to see any money back till Sept 20th.. - i have been a customer for a year - speaking from a lot of experience.
4. NO customer support! - NONE - when you contact them - nothing is ever resolved!! they are NOT attentive to your questions and never resolve anything. PLUS it takes days to hear back - and honestly - it's soooooo frustrating that you will just want to give up and let it go...
5. NO customer service again - when they do contact you - they are not friendly, they are not trained to revolve issues - and it's even more frustrasting.
5. pricing - honestly, it's not that great if you know about ruelala, century21 and tjmaxx - ideeli pricing isn't that great BUT the amount of frustrating is high.. i say it's not worth it.
6. cannot wait to use up my balance and close that account!
 29th of Jul, 2013 by   Yciti 0 Votes
1. items shipped to you come with defects.
2. packaging of the items is poor REALLY poor quality.
6. cannot wait to use up my balance and close that account!

Getting The Most Out of Skin Care