logo

scam

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Ideal Image, West Hartford, Connecticut Complaints & Reviews - Lies and bad service

Ideal Image Contacts & Informations

Ideal Image

Posted:    Valerie

Lies and bad service

Ideal Image
345 N. Main Street, 2nd Floor
West Hartford, Connecticut
www.idealimage.com
This complaint concerns Ideal Image of West Hartford, CT.

Provided below are the facts about the laser hair removal treatments received at Ideal Image in West Hartford, CT. Laser treatments began on January 26, 2006. I had just left my doctors office across the hall, saw the sign for Ideal Image and laser hair removal, walked in, and spoke with the consultant.

Since this is a costly investment, Rebecca suggested Care Credit Card payment plan that they offer there. Since I was about 13, I have had a lot more hair on my body than my friends, and family members and have struggled with this emotionally.

Before I started these treatments with Ideal Image, I had my OBYGYN, which is in the same office complex as Ideal Image, and I had check my hormones with a blood workup, skin, and hair growth to make sure that there was nothing wrong with me medically, before I invested $7700.00 into this company. My doctor found no signs/symptoms of hormonal imbalance.

The consultant told me that this was a lifetime guarantee and if I did need to come back in the future I would have to pay an additional 10% with this sign on, though she stated that I most likely wouldnt need the follow-ups because the 5 treatments would get rid of most of the hair. I would get 5 treatments, and 4 follow-ups. With starting my treatments, and at almost every session, I would have a different doctor working on me. Each one had a different way of doing the treatment, some were faster/slower, some were much more efficient than others, some covered areas that should not have been treated, and now there is hair growing in where there was never hair before, and also used different laser strengths. It is not my place as a layperson to know the laser strength needed, or have questioned did you mark my records recording the laser strength? I could see/feel some woman skipping right over areas. I had to point it out, or remind them that certain areas had to be done, even though I was getting FULL BODY. I should not have had to remind, or point out anything. It got to the point where I felt uncomfortable telling these doctors what they were missing. Some doctors had me wear the goggles, and others wouldnt. After about the 4th or 5th treatment I told them I needed someone consistent because I was getting different results from different doctors.

During my 5th and final regular treatment, I didnt see much of a difference in the amount of hair on my body. That was also noted with the doctor. They would ask me the percentage of hair that I thought went away; I mostly never said anything over 50%. At that point I started getting nervous; thinking about how much money was spent on this process.

I just recently finished my 4 follow ups, and the results were terrible. They then offered my sister and me a free session, telling us that they didnt start us out on a strong enough laser. I went for the first free one and it was so painful I decided not to finish my bottom half. The amount of hair on me right now is shocking and disturbing! Some areas on my body have more hair growing in, or hair growing in places where there wasnt hair before. This is so disappointing, and on top of that, the money I have invested and spent on this procedure and seem to be worse off than when the process started. I have spent many days crying just looking at the results. I am still paying off this bill with the same amount of hair I started off with.

Bottom line is that Ideal Image did not represent them selves in an honest fashion false advertisement lifetime guarantee and that all hair growth would be gone after 5 treatments!
Comments United States Health & Beauty
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

18th of Oct, 2008 by   Consumer Advocate 0 Votes
I completely agree they are a rip off. Sad to say I worked for them for almost 2 years. Yes I know that someone is going to say that I am just a disgruntled employee but that is not true. I quit because of ethical issues with what I was required to sell and say. They know full well that there are issues with the treatments and that often times it does not work. I am a perfect example I had up to 12 treatments on some of my areas that I had done because they hair would not go away. I was a "perfect candidate for laser hair removal" dark coarse hair. We were told to tell a consumer what ever we needed to to get them to sign that contract. For those of you who don't want to believe me and still want to waste your money here is a valuable tip for you so that you can at least save some money. If you wait until the end of the month when they need to hit their individual clinic goals you will be able to negotiate the hell out of your contract. I was told at times to cut the price of whatever the service was by 30-50 percent if I need to in order to close the deal or negotiate free areas. Be very careful that is all I can say. I would NEVER EVER EVER refer anyone to Ideal Image and have true regrets for taking money from people who really could not afford it especially for medical reasons or because their self esteem was so low (women w/facial hair etc..) They KNOW that facial hair is very difficult to get rid of and it is very common for it to pop up in another facial area. ex: if you do your upper lip the laser can stimulate growth on the cheeks or chin. They do not know why this occurs but will tell you it doesn't. NOT TRUE. Take it from a former employee (NOT DISGRUNTLED) DON'T PAY triple for what you can get other places for much much less with the same equipment and education of treatment providers. Oh and there is not true lifetime guarantee. READ THE FINE PRINT before you sign.
 2nd of Nov, 2008 by   Izzy +1 Votes
I totally agree with the fact that ideal image is the biggest rip off ever. I paid almost 7000 for the full body treatment and started the sessions in sep of 2005, fast foward three years later and there is absoutely no difference in my hair growht. I am even now growing more hair in places i never even had hair in. My face especially, im so self conscious now becuase the hair on my face was very fine prior to treatment, and now 11 treatments later it is very coarse. I was so upset that I ended up spending all that money on the procedure and it didn't even work. Now they say if I choose to continue to "possibly" get results id have to pay 10% of the purchase price resulting in almost 700. They told me i was an ideal candidate which is complete garbage becuase it didnt even work on me. And when i started complaining about how my hair kept growing, they had told me oh becuase you are indian (from the country) your hair will take more sessions to get rid off. Indian people i feel are just more hairy than a lot oher cultural backgrounds. So if you are indian, dont even waste your money there like i did. I wish i had someone give me advice prior to this becuse i could have saved all that money. 7000 is a lot of money and if you are smart, dont trust these ideal image franchises. Oh the best part is that ive tried asking for the corporate number to the company so i could file a complaint and literaylly there was a 360 with their attitude. They were first very nice to me and when i told them about my dilemma, they were like sorry we cant help you and didnt even offer me the number, instead they were very disrespectful and eventually hung up with me when i tried to reason with them. WHat a disappointment
 10th of Feb, 2009 by   herenthere 0 Votes
I am sorry to everyone who fell into the Ideal Image trap. I too experienced the same exact treatment as above and am more hairy than before. I am so self conscious as well now.
 20th of May, 2009 by   eagleeye23 0 Votes
I haven't had to wax or shave in four years. I love Ideal Image. I'm sorry you didn't get the same result because it's made my life so much better. I used to have quite a bit of facial hair and was too embarrassed to leave my house some days, but since starting laser hair removal i'm the happiest i've ever been. I had to come in during specific times so maybe you did not follow their directions correctly. And they do not offer a lifetime guarantee, maybe YOU should read the fine print, but i guess if you were truly am employee you'd know that. i just pulled out my contract and looked at it. they do offer a written guarantee with a "lifetime membership" for any touch-ups needed. i'm sorry that you're an angry person and obviously you ARE disgruntled or else you wouldn't be posting these awful things. are you really trying to tell me that you never saw one person with good results? or are you trying to tell me that several people maybe didn't get the results they wanted? sacrifice to save a thousand. i would have spent 10x what i spent.
 22nd of Jun, 2009 by   kcarand 0 Votes
The person who posted "there is no lifetime guarantee offered" obviously never watches or listens to all the commercials. Completely false advertising "Never Have to Shave Again" is there advertisement without any caveat. That is a verbal guarantee for life right there. At this point I was sold a tummy package on top of my brazilian and was told that hair would be removed. While I received OK results on my brazilian my tummy was not affected at all. What a waste of money, no one told me until the end that my hair was too fine in that area. I was also called a "perfect candidate". I was also told that all my hair would be removed and that the contract was just a technicality and that I would only need to come back if my hormones changed and made me grow more hair. For instance, if I had a child I would mostly likely grow more hair in the areas and need to be retreated and would have to pay up to but no more than 10%. They really do say anything, including lies, to get your money. I guess you could call mine the middle of the road. A little bad and a little good. I don't have to shave as much anymore.. that's about all I can say about it.
 23rd of Jul, 2009 by   kb4 0 Votes
I have gone to Ideal Image twice: once for my legs and once for bikini. Both worked very well and I have been very pleased with the results. I never felt any sales pressure from the staff at Ideal Image. I haven't even completed either package yet (I have had 4 treatments) and I haven't had to shave for months! It is awesome.

I am sorry that some here had poor results. I dare to say your experience is not typical.
 17th of Sep, 2009 by   ts23 0 Votes
I absolutely agree with those that have posted in defense of ideal image. i having been getting treatments with them for about a year and have no idea where these upset people are coming from--i have had the BEST EXPERIENCE ever--i have moved not once but TWICE since i started-- and they even just let me transfer to other locations for free, no problems, to make sure that i get my monies worth and finished up. I suppose they are a large company, (which is great for customers) but with all large companies there will be a few very unhappy people. these small few should not outweigh the hundreds of thousands who are happy so do not bother to post or make a fuss like unhappy people do. i am not discrediting them, they seem genuinely upset, but for me, ideal image was very honest. they told me everybody needs a different amount of treatments, not everyone is the same... some need more, some need less, and that if I needed more there would be a small charge. I haven't needed any more treatments since I completed my package.
 24th of Sep, 2009 by   Jackiegirl 0 Votes
I was lied too as well! Oh no it doesn't hurt, you won't have any redness at all! Yeah right! So after my first and only visit - I received a refund! Also another lie - my sales person said we don't give refunds. And then another lie was about how much of a refund I would receive. So finally I called the corporate office, after getting the phone number myself, and got it figured out.
 23rd of Oct, 2009 by   hiarlip 0 Votes
Ideal Image turned me into Chewbaca! I want my monies bak! I need more crack cocaine and cannt biy it becose I spente soo mutc on my vagana hare!
 1st of Dec, 2009 by   ERRRR 0 Votes
I am right there with you (ones who are unsatisfied). I went through the whole faze. I was lied to saying that it wouldn't hurt (which in the beginning it didn't) and even after purchasing there $40 numbing cream and expirers after 5 months. Which is absolutely abserd bc you have to buy another one when your to your third treatment. Anyways the numbing cream didn't even work that well. So much for $40 down the drain. Im wouldn't be so bitter but after spending a little over $5000 and not showing ANY results you could understand why some of us are mad and not the happy little campers that some of you are. Blowing that money and going through all that pain...let me tell you they should have a refund policy for if it didn't work. Now i see why they don't. Because they know many people it won't work on, which they fail to tell you. They say its really rare for you not to get results. If they knew it worked on most they would do refunds or at least continuing to more treatments until it went away...not take more of your money. F*CK Ideal Image!
 6th of Jan, 2010 by    nr 0 Votes
My daughter had the same experience with Ideal Image. The money wouldn't have been a big deal if the treatments worked. It's not that it didn't work, it even made the hair grow worse - more and thicker hair is growing now on exactly where the treatments were done. For one thing they ask people to shave the hair before the treatment which we all know shaving thickens the hair. They keep saying that scientifically shaving does not change the hair texture but what science or proof are they talking about? All ladies know that once we started shaving our legs, the hair started growing back thicker after a few times. They acknowledge that the treatment did not work on my daughter, but when I asked for my money back, they refused.
So, if there are so many people unhappy with Ideal Image, why don't we file suit against them?
 9th of Jan, 2010 by   Jazzy K 0 Votes
I completely agree with the negative experience. I am getting my facial hair removed from Ideal Image. Now, the hair is growing at places where there was no hair at all and darker and thicker!!! What a disappointment... and the problem is Ideal Image still fails to acknowledge the same!

I was also told that I was the 'perfect candidate' for the treatment. the results were good after the 1st and 2nd sitting but it started getting worse with each next one! If I had got the results to my favor, the money spent would not have mattered, but its got worse from where I started. Facial Hair can ruin your self confidence and thats what I fear!!

I think its a good idea if we file a suit against them!
 10th of Jan, 2010 by   LauraLeaD 0 Votes
I completely agree. A suit needs to be filed. My fiance spent a fortune to have his back hair removed and it is coming back thicker than before. At the time, we lived overseas and went with Ideal Image because it was a franchise and they promised the treatments could be continued once we moved back to the states. Not only did we go through trouble getting his medical records transferred, the clinic here was hateful about the transfer and did an awful job with the treatments before charging him for an additional treatment after the initial 9 were up. We really do all need to get together and do something about this ASAP!
 25th of Jan, 2010 by   LM63017 0 Votes
This post concerns a center in St. Louis, MO - in the Chesterfield Valley

I won a laser removal package off a radio contest. I was happy at first since i've struggled with facial hair (mustache) since my teens. I HAD a beautiful beauty mark right about my lip where it is supposed to be. I told them that if they had to go around it, that's fine, because I did not want anything to happen to my beauty mole. I went to them for a year. Not only did the treatments not stop my hair growth. But they blamed me for having a hormonal imbalance and totally burned off my mole. It got real big and then it dried up and fell off. I was/am still SO devastated. I want to cry everytime I look in the mirror. A whole year of pain for nothing. I immedialty quit going and told them what happened. I didn't get a "I'm sorry" or anything. And I still get offers in the mail, and i'm so furious, I can't see straight.
 8th of Feb, 2010 by   JACNKC 0 Votes
I'm so thankful for your comments and results. I have been contemplating this for a few years and this year was seriously looking at spending my tax refund on this. I am not so antsy anymore. Thank you both positive and negative commenters.
 18th of Feb, 2010 by   RINA h 0 Votes
DONT WASTE UR MONEY THEY ALL WAYS GOT SOMTHING TO SAY THEY ARE NEVER WRONG IF IS YOUR HORMONES IF IS THIS IF IS THAT IS ALL BULL DONT WASTE YOUR MONEY!
 18th of Mar, 2010 by   similarissues183 0 Votes
let's get together and seek an attorney idealimage123 at gmail
 28th of Apr, 2010 by   smoothie1 0 Votes
sorry hairy girls! worked GREAT for me!!! :)
looking sexy in FL!
 6th of May, 2010 by   tisha1983 0 Votes
I currently have only had 1 treatment with Ideal Image and am having second thoughts after finding out that 5 other women on my office have had laser and are not even paying half of the amount of money I am. I deal Image told me it would cost $1500 just to do my underarms and I was so gung ho about getting it done, that I signed the contract.

When I contacted my consultant to tell her that I was having an issue with the price and if there were possible additional procedures that could be included in the price or that I could add for a small additional charge, her response to me was (I am copying it exactly from the email the woman sent me:

"I completely understand what you are saying, and I don't think you sound like you are complaining. Most people forget that the cost includes more than the 9 treatments itself. For example, underarms are scheduled to take 20 minutes. Factored into the cost of your treatment fee is the providers time to do the treatment & review your chart, make notes, take pictures (if necessary), etc…, the front desk's time to handle you chart, schedule your next appt, process payment (if necessary), call you to remind you of your appt, etc.., the Medical Director's time to review your chart, make notes, etc… the cost of the laser (the machines cost over $100, 000 each), plus overhead ~ electricity, supplies, rent, etc…. So even though it seems like you are here a short amount of time, there is a lot factored into that small timeframe."

My problem with this woman's answer is that 1) their overhead, i.e. rent and utilities, are NOT costs that you pass onto your customers. 2) if I NEVER see the doctor, don't bill me for it 3) you're going to charge me for someone pulling my file and making notes in my chart when that is YOUR job??? If that's the case, itemize that in your contract, but I guess they don't because who in their right minds will agree to that.

I do plan on cancelling my contract with them and going with American Laser Center
 1st of Jun, 2010 by   Henrik 0 Votes
Had the same problem my self in Australia. Spent 3000 AUD for 5 times and they promised that this would be the end for my hair problem. Now it is worse than ever. I contacted them after leaving Australia asking to send me the picture they took of me before the treatment which they REFUSED for some reason. They also refused any kind of refund. Even over there was the same problem as "Kurt" wrote here in the beginning. Always a different person treating me and always outside the areas.

Yellow Page Scam ALERT!