logo

Idea Village

Posted: 2011-07-15 by    khoesche

Shadey Dealings

Finishing Touch, Budget Savers & Shopper's Advantage
I had called what turned out to be Idea Village in order to get the Finishing Touch product- about which deceptive sales pitch I also have some issues. While placing this order, I was approached by an aggressive sales pitch pushing two different programs, Budget Savers and Shopper's Advantage. For $1.00 for each program the consumer is supposed to have time to look over the information to see if he/she wants to pay a monthly fee in order to get these supposedly fantastic deals. Just for looking at this stuff, the consumer is supposed to get a free gift card and free gas cards. I was told that the information would arrive in 3-5 days so I would have time to look it over during the 10 day introductory $1.00 period. When I had not received the paperwork a week after I placed my order for Finishing Touch, I called one of the rapidly spewed phone numbers rushed through by the aggressives sales woman and said I wanted to cancel. I did not want to be charged $29.95 and/or $34.95 for programs I would not be using and had no chance to see before the ridiculous charges were made.
Today, as I looked over my credit card online, I found unauthorized charges from these companies. I called the phone numbers that appeared with the charges and was told by one of the companies that they had received no cancellation but would initiate a refund, since it was only the FIRST $29.95 charge! I called my credit card company and told them what had transpired. The unauthorized charge was credited. For the other unauthorized charge of $29.95 I have to await Budget Savers action to reverse the unauthorized charge.
DO NOT DEAL WITH ANY OF THE ABOVE LISTED COMPANIES!! THEY ARE ONLY INTERESTED IN RUSHING YOU THROUGH UNNECESSARY, EXPENSIVE, UNWANTED PROGRAMS. THEY ARE DECEPTIVE!
This is a very shadey group of people. The initial reason for contact was to purchase Finishing Touch, which I wanted only for the eyebrow tool. This tool is FREE but has an additional separate shipping charge. It is not shipped separately! And it is a part of the product, not an additional item. This I know because the information about the eyebrow attachment is integrated in the middle of the instructiobs included in the little pamphlet' it is not a separate piece of information and is not shipped separately to account for the additional shipping charges.
Comments United States Other
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Back to School Savings