logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (10 mins ago)
Fibreglass Pools SA
Pool incorrectly installed, paving not supplied
2. (17 mins ago)
Zamgold.com- Fraud Warning!
Zamgold.com- Fraud Warning!
3. (36 mins ago)
MMOGA
Non delivery
4. (36 mins ago)
Fubar.com
This site is one of two of the biggest "scam sites" that I have ever had the pleasure of dealing with
5. (1 hr 36 mins ago)
Life Smart Infared Heater
E1 faults

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

ICICI Bank Complaints & Reviews - Unauthorized access to my account!

ICICI Bank Contacts & Informations

ICICI Bank

Posted:    Hasmat Reza

Unauthorized access to my account!

Re: To the Manager,

This is Hasmat Reza and I have an Account with ICICI Bank for the past 2 years and its a salary account (004201509432) with 0 balance and I have received the shock of my life today.

Your bank has debited all the money from my account and it shows a balance of Rs:31,940/- without any intimation and I would like to bring to your notice that I had called up your customer Care department to ask them and they said that its against your credit card bill.

Well Did I authorize you to access my account???? Why was it done without my authorization??... Does your Bank know what discrepancies I am having with the Credit Card department?? I had gone down to the bank to discuss the credit bills I was receiving and they told me to complain to the Phone Banking department as they are a different ENTITY..!! So, how could ICICI give the credit card department the authority to access my account?? I am hereby serving this as a notice that I would not like to be a part of such unprofessional Bank or have anything to do with them.

I will further make no payments at all and assure you that I will take legal actions against ICICI under Human rights.

My Uncle is the Editor of Statesman and I assure you that it wouldn’t take very long to mark a copy to him so that he can put it up in the Grievance column for all other ICICI customer’s and the public to know how ICICI is duping the very same people who think that ICICI is there for them and their money as u say “Hum Hai Na”!!

I had made several complains to the Credit card department for the wrong bills and corrected them but there was no action taken from their end for which I had stopped the payments and was waiting to settle with the Credit Card Department and finish off but with this having happened I will NOT MAKE PAYMENTS.

I also have loan going on with your bank why don’t you go and check if there ever has been a delay in the EMI? Code of the Loan is LPCAL000073 and I was expecting the cheque of my EMI coming in today until your Bank could do this to me.

Please take this as a Notice from my side that I do not wish to be a part of this Bank anymore. My account number ********9432 close the account and DO NOT EXPECT any payments.
Comments India Banks
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

8th of Feb, 2007 by   sameer gupta 0 Votes
I had the saving bank account with icici sector-18 branch noida and also i was having the credit card from icici. I settled that credit card account in the month of September with 4 installment for total 70000. I given 25000 cash and next 3 installment for 15000 each. first 25000 i paid cash in September and they debit 15000 in October. before putting another cheque in my account they sweep all the money from my account on 15 November-06. when i spoken to him then they tell me that they will not return the money and you should give us the balance of next installment then again i settled with them to pay 14250 as last installment and they debit in time and my card was settled that time. now on 5th feb they again sweep 18642.28 again that card. when i spoken to bank they tell me that they cant to any thing you can speak to customer care. when spoken to customer care they tell me to ask Mr jitesh chabra and Mr parimal Prasad of credit card collection dept and given contact no 011-41490180/158. I dialed 200 times in 6th feb-2007 but they not picked the phone and some time pick the phone and abuse on phone then put the receiver. I am really fed-up with icici bank and his service. Now i want my money back and compensation from icici as me suffering from mental tension, work loss, money loss, many cheques bounced due to his act, unable to pay monthly house hol liability and loss of self reputation. Can any body help me to get the my money back.
 11th of Mar, 2007 by   Drb.S.Jha 0 Votes
I am having nri a/c in icici bank in year 2005 december at malad branch mumbai. Before that i was not having any product of icici bank now i have applied for any credit card from bank. Now suddenly 12day ago i find that amount 15129 /- rs has been deducted from my a/c, when i inquire they it is against the payment for credit card in ur name??? It was really shocking for me. How come there will be credit card in my name, when i have not applied for it???

More over how come bank can deduct any money from my a/c without my knowledge??? I made complaint against to in my bank, they r still searching for that remedial action, but till now nothing has happened, still money is not credited in my a/c.

Be careful with icici bank!
 30th of Mar, 2007 by   Naveen 0 Votes
I have a ICICI corporate account and the service all this while was ok. Now, all of a sudden i have been getting bad news in a row for the mistake of banking with this stupid bank. I swiped my card at an outlet for 175/-Rs and then in another shop for 200/-Rs where both the transactions failed(which means the damn display EDC machine showed i didnt have enough money) What can be so pathetic for a guy who earns 30,000 and cant buy a silly thing. Ofcourse i was surprised coz i had atleast 12k left. And these petty amounts not getting through made me suspicious. When i checked it in ATM it should the balance but had 375/-Rs less now. Raised a complaint. And the " Hum Hai Naaaaa" this stupid song was buzzing in my ears for 2 hours before i could speak with one of these robotic ,uneducated ,no sense of banking lady who was going on repeating like a damaged gramophone that i have to wait for 30 days from the day of complaint. After this bloody 30day period they said i have to write a letter to visa office to get that money back. And guess what again " Hum Hai naa" f*ckin song and then one more lady who just had just got up from a bad morning told me i have to wait for 30days more for me to get that money back from the date of writing letters.

I think they should open a mini post office parallely with a calender dept so that people dont have to search for all these services anywhere else for this kind of service offered. And probably if any ICICI guy sees this he may add this as a Value added service and may charge us all 700/-Rs and might play a loud stereo in that damn office with " Hum Hai naaaa"... Bullsh*t bank
 27th of Jun, 2007 by   smashit 0 Votes
1. Have you filed a police complaint?

2. Do you want to harass icici bank's few managers and have a bit of time and a little money to spend then file a private criminal complaint, else if you have money to spend & no time ask the police to do it after filing the complaint.

3. Go through the 4 step complaints process as on the icici website and inform the Banking Ombudsman.

If you have a huge complaint, then attach it to a shorter, crisper one as it will be read faster.

Teach these guys a lesson the right way, screaming is one of them, not enough though.
 6th of Jul, 2007 by   Kalpana Ramamurthy 0 Votes
I completely agree that ICICI Bank especially the credit card department is the worst nightmare of my life.

I think if I have stress in my life its because of the ICICI credit card goons... they use foul language and treat you so bad. No respect and no courtesy. Huge interest rates and late payment fees when mistake is on their part. Terrible service.
 17th of Jul, 2007 by   Arvind 0 Votes
I have an ICICI bank account. I don't ever recommended ICICI bank for anyone in this world. Not even my enemy. Greatest suckers in the world.

The worst part is the toll free customer service. They are really customer scarers. You cannot talk to anyone who know anything about banking. The junkies just read what is in their monitor and would not transfer to banking officer. There is no real use calling them. If you have a bank in US or in India, you can go in and talk to an officer in the bank. You have their phone number or way to contact them. With ICICI bank NRI service, you talk different junkie every time and knows nothing about you or what you want. You have to repeat what you want to every one of them you talk to, to get one little thing done. They would never provide a direct phone number. What do they think; NRIs steal their phone number and steal all of their possessions?

Oh, don't ask about how friendly they are. Customer service... They will ask you how many kilos of customer server for a Rupee. Rude, no apology. You have to provide all your details to every one of those junkies you talk to, but no contact information about how to talk to the same person next time or someone consistently. With all the employee turnaround they have, you just waste your time.

When you go to bank in US, how nice is the customer service. Or even when you call. In India, if you are an NRI, you will be greeted by the branch manager. ICICI NRI Service, upside down. You got to beg and need to be nice to them. It is your money, they make profit out of it. Guys, think about before you want to do anything with ICICI bank NRI service. If you are in India, and go to branch directly, it is like a real bank. Not the same with NRI service from overseas.
 16th of Sep, 2007 by   arun 0 Votes
ICICI is just horrible. They are good as long as you do not use their Credit card or other banking facility. they have the most lethargic people in customer care cell & call centers. I think they are making money by having some tie ups with telephone agencies that why if we call them, they ensure that customer have to run call min ten minutes.
I had transfer some 60,000 5 days back to ICICI credit card to remain within limit, from my saving bank in ICICI. i am still searching for the money.
They have a standard reply that money has gone in to banking system.
 17th of Sep, 2007 by   Dominic Dcruz 0 Votes
Hello There,

This is with concern to my ICICI bank salary account which gets blocked every 3 months this is due to not making payment on the ICICI credit card which was issued to me on the basis of my salary account. I lost the card in the month of December 05 and after couple of days I notified the bank about the loss of card, where I got to know that it was already blocked due to the card was used exceeding the credit limit. Hence, I refused to make any payment since the bank people were asking me to make the entire payment. On 1st June 2006 the entire outstanding amount was debited on my bank a/c with no intimation at all. As I enquired with customer care they said the a/c was blocked due to not making the payment and this will be released only when the entire outstanding amount will be paid. I have been to the collection dept yen number of times to settle the issue but nothing worked out. Once a person called from ICICI Chennai asking to make the card payment I explained him the same as what had happened, after a long argument they gave me an settlement of Rs 30,000.00/- in two shots for which I agreed and he sent his person to collect the Post Dated Cheques, I gave two cheques of Rs 10,000/- and 15,000/- respectively, I asked him the settlement letter he told me he will send it to me through courier since he sit in ICICI Chennai. He also said that I can stop the cheque if I do not receive the settlement letter in time. Though the first cheque of Rs 10,000/- was cleared I did not receive the settlement letter, I tried communicating to the person who called me, but they told that he is been transferred to some other department. Thereafter I tried resolving this issue in many ways but not happening. Approximately 40,000/- was taken from my salary account without any intimation. As of now the outstanding balance would be 85,000/- which has been debited on my salary A/C. This issue is been prolonged from Jan 2006 and no hopes to be cleared. There is a limit for everything now this has gone beyond the limit, finally i would appreciate if this issue is resolved immediately if not i would sue the bank and also intimate the media about this rediculous service of your bank since my brother is a senior reporter for Times Now.

Bank Account # 004701523129
Credit card # 5177 1941 8373 2004
Expiry Date: 30/06/2009
Credit Limit: 37,000/-
Dominic D’Cruz
 3rd of Oct, 2007 by   GOPAL SINGH NEGI 0 Votes
i am not satisfied with your Lajpat Nagar Icici bank branch New Delhi very very very poor and bad.......... service
 31st of Oct, 2007 by   Deepa Tharien Jacob 0 Votes
I totally agree that ICICI sucks!

I dont even ave an account with this bank. Yet somebody else's account details get sent to me twice everyday!

I feel sorry for this person as this is a violation of his privacy.
I tried calling customer support but it is only a waste of money!!!

DON'T BANK WITH ICICI... they are unreliable and give out your personal, private details to total strangers!
 14th of Nov, 2007 by   santhosh lal 0 Votes
Hi ,

I am another victim of unauthorized access to my account. I have a standing instruction for paying my credit card bills and in spite of that ICICI Bank debited my account with Rs 43,490.82
Here is the mail from ICICI Bank account manager. They have neither informed me nor send the credit card bills.

Where did they get the right to debit my account?
=========================================
Dear Mr. Lal,

The amount Rs.43,490.82 was held in lien (reserved) towards your credit card payment due. Hence, you were unable to transfer the funds through on-line. However, the amount is debited in your savings account on November 08, 2007.

We will write to you in a separate mail at the earliest providing the complete details of the transaction debited against your credit card.

Sincerely,

Sunil Pathak
Account Manager
ICICI Bank Limited

==========================================
 23rd of Nov, 2007 by   Aaryan Raj 0 Votes
Dear friends,

In future if you have any issues please call up K V Kamath's office at 26538000. I suggest instead of speaking to the undertrained customer care or their supervisors, escalate directly to the chairman's office. The other options is to call up the board number and ask for Madhivanan who is the manager, head quality services or Harshil Mehta, the nodal officer.

I suggest that instead of wasting you time in escalating the problem through the bureacratic maze of the bank, directly go the right people.
 14th of Dec, 2007 by   madhusudhana sunkara 0 Votes
Spoke to NRI customer service members could not get any update on my requests and there is no proper updates on SR46459945.one of the member suggested me to do a google search of the courier service and i assume that ICICI does not know to whom they are sending i got 200 pages in google search what shall i search? Supervisor and Members need proper training in speaking to the customers.
 9th of Jan, 2008 by   Amit Verma 0 Votes
Hi
I have a saving account with ICICI and I have made a online payment to another ICICI account few days back. This payment was in lieu of some tickets to be given by the account holder. Now after making the payment this guy is not responding and not giving me those tickets also. Can now ICICI help me for a legal dialogue with this account holder?

I have all the details of the transaction. Please let me know how can ICICI help its customer.

Thanks
Amit Verma
 10th of Jan, 2008 by   W Almeida 0 Votes
I have a bad experience with the credit card dept...wherein they have charged me twice for a single transaction...which they agree but still send goons n call home harrassing and metally torturing me and my family. I would henceforth not do anymore business with ICICI Bank and would caution other people about the same. They don't even have a authoried person you can go and meet, just have to call or fax them...without any concrete acknowledgement from the bank. Really frustrating and they would spoil your credit rating online which every agency you might have to go for a loan or other services would be able to see.
 10th of Mar, 2008 by   sanjay 0 Votes
I have purchased a Mutual Fund from your ICICI bank, sector-18, Noida by Mr. Sunil kumar his mobile no. is 9818461534. After one month i call on his mobile for know about my cheque and Emi money he always cut my phone , he never reply about his status and finaly today 11th March 2008 he pick my call , i say Good moring he reply me are you mad, Sir/Madam you say is it good behaviour or a good service/quality of a India reputed bank ICICI.
 8th of Apr, 2008 by   Sudheer Kumar 0 Votes
Hello.

I have very bad experience with ICICI bank, I was issued the Demand Draft of Rs. 1, 10, 000 and 46, 600. I wanted it in India for towards my plot purchase, but one of the Demand Draft was delivered to wrong person and other one was sent back saying that was wrong address which is not true. These two demand drafts were sent with Airex Courier by ICICI Bank. other demand draft was sent with first flight which was reached consignee without any problems.

Airex courier is worst courier service, their customer support is even worst than the ICICI Bank. Looks like their team work to frustrate the customer or the way they make money by cancelling demand draft or reissuing the demand draft.

Now I need that amount be refunded to my account but ICICI Bank is not doing that. I have send couple of email to their NRI managers.

Please help me if you have any suggestions in this regard.

I don't want to pay any charges for others mistake.

Sudheer Kumar
 11th of Jul, 2008 by   mohammed n shariff 0 Votes
dear sir, i am debit card holder my card no # 4667 0600 0469 5748, i have forgetton my pass word no my bebit card, plese issue me the new pass word no
kindly do the needful

thanking you
mohammed n shariff
pobox no 1522 dubai UAE
MOBIL NO#00971508988061
 6th of Aug, 2008 by   suragakumary 0 Votes
i want to know the commion reached to the atm in icici bank in kottayam branch, in kerala.
 6th of Aug, 2008 by   suragakumary 0 Votes
what amount will remained in my account of icici bank, kottayam, keralac

Insurance on Campus